Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If you're talking about Sean Bedford, he didn't even end up becoming a rocket scientist. I think he's in law school now.

e: he's also our radio co-commentator this season!

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Slate Action posted:

If you're talking about Sean Bedford, he didn't even end up becoming a rocket scientist. I think he's in law school now.

what a loving failure

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012
According to WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI), two Purdue football players were arrested early Wednesday morning.

According to the report, true freshman Evyn Cooper was arrested for theft and true freshman David Rose was arrested for attempted theft. Both are members of the Purdue secondary.

Rose has played in 1 game during his true freshman season. Cooper has yet to log a snap.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So only one of them succeeded?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Rocky Top chat was a couple pages ago but just last night I think I came to terms with the fact that I love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzG97IPg0y8

Winsanity
May 14, 2015

Space magic is the best magic

Pakled posted:

From fans/students/alumni, yes. The stupidity of football fans knows no bounds.

Also, according to the report, the professor did offer the player an opportunity to do since extra credit to bring their grade up after Flood contacted them, but the player either didn't do it or didn't do it well enough to pass.

Flood probably left a note saying THE EAGLE HAS LANDED in the player's locker so he thought everything was cool and didn't bother doing the extra credit.

Also, I feel like Tennessee and Oklahoma are kindred spirits. Teams with great songs that they pound into people's heads must stay together. :v:

Winsanity fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 17, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's fun to watch Navy play non-service academies so you see Housing majors compared to dudes who literally have degrees in SURFACE WARFARE and NAVAL AVIATION

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's fun to watch Navy play non-service academies so you see Housing majors compared to dudes who literally have degrees in SURFACE WARFARE and NAVAL AVIATION

I remember looking up Union College's hockey roster when they came to play BG and like everyone was majoring in Macroeconomics, Finance, and Accounting, then like one dude was Nuclear Engineering. It was great

E: meanwhile all our dudes are in poo poo like Sports Management and Communications

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Communications isn't too bad if they plan on being a commentator at some point when their NFL career doesn't pan out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

So only one of them succeeded?

Coincidently only he can be punished.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Mack Brown apparently not interested in working for Texas again

I'm glad, after such noteworthy hacks as Lou Holtz seeing Mack on ESPN is like enjoying a fine wine'

btw why is Texas even considering the guy that GAVE BOBBY PETRINO HIS OLD JOB BACK

its so he can do the same with Mack

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

Communications isn't too bad if they plan on being a commentator at some point when their NFL career doesn't pan out.

A Communications degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on, even if the person who earned it gained 4 years of industry experience while pursuing said degree.

Ask me how I know.

(I'm not a former athlete though; that probably helps)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

A Communications degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on, even if the person who earned it gained 4 years of industry experience while pursuing said degree.

Ask me how I know.

comm degree bros :smith::respek::smith:

also I didn't realize how many points Memphis put up in their first two games. Their game with us this week gonna be a fuckin' track meet :cool:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

I'm glad, after such noteworthy hacks as Lou Holtz seeing Mack on ESPN is like enjoying a fine wine'

btw why is Texas even considering the guy that GAVE BOBBY PETRINO HIS OLD JOB BACK

Mack is a million times more bearable on television; he's actually decent in the booth. I can't recall ever having watched a game with Holtz calling it, but when I imagine what it would be like, I make a really upset-looking face.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

Them getting that job does not have a goddamn thing to do with their stupid communications degree.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Mack is a million times more bearable on television; he's actually decent in the booth. I can't recall ever having watched a game with Holtz calling it, but when I imagine what it would be like, I make a really upset-looking face.

Holtz and the rest of the old Final crew did the mid-week games for awhile. It was about as bad as you'd guess. But yeah Mack is pretty decent.

I am really eager for Urbz to finally call it quits again, both so OSU might finally lose another game and because he made the best coach to booth transition I can ever recall. He was pretty much immediately the best guy in the business. The booth with he and Speilman was incredible.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 17, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Ask me how I know.

To be fair that's pretty much true for any B.A. degree. A lot of B.S. degrees as well...

The moment I started my B.A. in political science, I knew I was going to grad school.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If I learned anything as a Comm minor, it's that Communications majors are the most basic people on earth.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4OuAAM4v_Y

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't even know what a comm degree is even for

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

To waste 4 years of your life avoiding any hint of serious academia.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Something like 2/3 of GT football players are business administration majors. It's the easiest major at GT but still a decent degree. :v:

Pakled fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 17, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sash! posted:

"Playing school."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It's been said a ton but I love pointing out that Josh Dobbs is majoring in Aerospace Engineering.

My QB wicked smaht yo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MindlessHavok posted:

It's been said a ton but I love pointing out that Josh Dobbs is majoring in Aerospace Engineering.

My QB wicked smaht yo

he's trying to learn how to repair his spaceship

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

C2C - 2.0 posted:

It's a low bar to step over given the competition, but Mack's pretty decent on the Xs and Os stuff in the booth.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aubergine Mage posted:

Our receivers are cursed.

Did y'all hire Georgia's old S&C staff?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jake Rudock was and presumably still is like Bio Chem major or some poo poo who claims he's going to medical school. Meanwhile true team player CJ Beathard is a recreation studies major. I'm not saying a QB needs to be stupid, but I know only one of these people lost to Iowa State as a starter.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sash! posted:

Pfff rocket science is like the easiest science. All the hard parts were taken care of by dead Russians and Germans.

You're not wrong

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Raku posted:

Mack has never stopped working for Texas. He's getting paid like $500k a year as some kind of donor/alumni relations and fundraising type guy. Office on campus and everything, I'm pretty sure. Wasn't that long ago that Steve Patterson sent him to Dubai as an emissary to promote brand awareness or relationships with rich people or some such.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Has Mack been a better commentator since the New Orleans Bowl? I remember that was just bad times, even when removing the fact that Nevada was being completely nullified, and I haven't seen any games with him since.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
http://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Roster

A few engineering and hard sciences... but for the most part :sigh:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

comm degree bros :smith::respek::smith:

also I didn't realize how many points Memphis put up in their first two games. Their game with us this week gonna be a fuckin' track meet :cool:

I went to Memphis for law school so I'm hoping to go 2-0 against you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't even know how you study recreation but I hope it means that you like go fishing all day or something

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

he's trying to learn how to repair his spaceship

Yeah he's an alien but he's my goddamn alien and I love him

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'd tell you guys what the situation is at my alma mater, but all of the KU Athletic's site's pages about the football roster are glitching.

Can't imagine why.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

I don't even know how you study recreation but I hope it means that you like go fishing all day or something

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Looks like a bunch of them are "Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management" majors, too.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
^I know like four people who majored in that and they all have pretty awesome jobs now.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Looks like a bunch of them are "Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management" majors, too.

Yeah, every frat-bro I knew at Clemson was usually PRTM. Party Right Through May.

But apparently it's pretty versatile as far as what you can do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

Party Right Through May.

Sounds like good prep for law school then.

• Locked thread