Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

http://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Roster

A few engineering and hard sciences... but for the most part :sigh:

Party Right Through May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

This is that terrible crap where a really good team plays a poo poo schedule and their nutty fanbase tries to build every game up to fool themselves into thinking it could be a close one down the stretch.

Here, OSU fans, let me lay out the rest of your schedule for you.

Every team not named MSU: 2-3+ TD wins. Maybe one game is within single digits for like the first 12 seconds of the 4th quarter

MSU: :shrug:

The fans likely aren't doing it as much as the school is in an attempt to get ticket prices up. OSU's basically got to do anything they can between now and the MSU game to keep the team in the public eye while they're playing a bunch of nobodies.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

This is that terrible crap where a really good team plays a poo poo schedule and their nutty fanbase tries to build every game up to fool themselves into thinking it could be a close one down the stretch.

Here, OSU fans, let me lay out the rest of your schedule for you.

Every team not named MSU: 2-3+ TD wins. Maybe one game is within single digits for like the first 12 seconds of the 4th quarter

MSU: :shrug:

Oh for sure man that's totally what I'm doing. Sorry I brought up stuff about football.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Maybe the best team in like a decade of football, about to sent 20 guys to the draft and 6-7 in the first round under one of the best coaches of the modern era and you think a mid-major is hanging within 7 points after 3 quarters?

:cmon:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Some hot takes here. Next caller, go ahead!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a hot take: Urban Meyer can go gently caress himself.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FunkyBean posted:

I know I'm super late, but as a Florida fan Rocky Top is the best fight song in the country.

I liked it in the fustercluck of an ending to last year's Missouri/Tennessee game that featured two busted onside kicks in a row with the Vols down a score. They kept bringing them back for various malfeasances, but the Pride of the Southland Band would have none of these "football rules" and such.

UT: onside kick, clearly doesn't go 10 yards
Band: ROCKY TOP ROCKY TOP ROCKY TOP GOOD OL ROCKY TOP
Ref: um, that didn't go 10 yards, so...
Band: EVEN SASSIER VERSION OF ROCKY TOP ROCKY TOP ROCKY TOP FANS GOING NUTS ROCKY TOP ROCKY TOP
Ref: so, yeah, Mizzou has the ball now and will take knees to end the game, just so y'all know
Band: MORE ROCKY TOP MORE ROCKY TOP THIRD DOWN FOR WHAAAAAT ROCKY TOP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

That take doesn't even warm up the water

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My best friend likes to put papa johns pizza in all his urban Meyer jokes so it should be: Urban Meyer can go gently caress a pizza.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

I'd probably drive to State College to personally burn down something if there was a loss to Army.

I was phone posting and meant OSU. Who can be most embarrassing to OSU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

God bless.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It's not even our fight song.

Not admitting that your recognized fight song changed most of a century ago is silly. But I know some cranky centenarian is going to write the athletic department out of his will if that happens.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

That take doesn't even warm up the water

Seriously, you could cool your beer with that take

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Crotch Bat posted:

Maybe the best team in like a decade of football, about to sent 20 guys to the draft and 6-7 in the first round under one of the best coaches of the modern era and you think a mid-major is hanging within 7 points after 3 quarters?

yeah but enough about TCU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Has anyone posted this video of Arky fans turning on one another and descending in to violence in the aftermath of the Toledo loss?

https://www.facebook.com/earldeshon.atkins/videos/10154105505963943

Also wow just drop any and all trash on the ground like a animal you pieces of poo poo

And another thing. I was actually spending the moments before I slept last night thinking about this Minnesota team. The QB situation is a disaster. They needed a miracle to win last week. This team smells like a loving 5/6 win team. gently caress Jerry Kill.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
What ever happened to Gendo anyways?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas is dead last in third-down defense. Notre Dame and Rice converted 63% of the time

Gonna be a frustrating season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Didn't realize kstate had so many pro prospects

Metapod fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 18, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Quandary posted:

He doesn't like you

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Texas Crushes Cal 27-13????

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Quandary posted:

I just assumed he wasn't willing to live in a world where Jerry Kill is a respected and moderately successful coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Quandary posted:

I believe he got outed for some weird poo poo or had a meltdown. Not entirely sure but something was up

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gendo achieved levels of self-hate that we can only aspire to and transcended his physical form

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Gendo achieved levels of self-hate that we can only aspire to and transcended his physical form

He's making Bucky gifs with the angels now.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I miss FireJerryKill

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

wrong thread

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SaltLick posted:

I believe he got outed for some weird poo poo or had a meltdown. Not entirely sure but something was up

I'd rather not get into this whole deal because it's not gonna go anywhere good, but I can say he left voluntarily.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

I thought Anne Frank fanfic was Gendo. Weird, not sure why I thought that. I missed the meltdown I guess.

On a football related note, Greenwood is the honorary captain at the Iowa/Pitt night game this week. Greenwood had a heart arrhythmia that caused a brain issue/coma and was good friends with Tyler Sash who just died. It's going to be an emotional night in Kinnick.

Scrapez fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 18, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I miss him his dumb football comics. The waffle comic is my goto during draft season

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Too bad Louie couldn't pull the upset, but I got nothin against Clemson and Louie does have that shithead coach so win-win.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

effectual posted:

Too bad Louie couldn't pull the upset, but I got nothin against Clemson and Louie does have that shithead coach so win-win.

Yeah but Louisville sucking means that it wasn't an actual quality win for Auburn and could help them slide so I'm fine with Clemson winning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scrapez posted:

I thought Anne Frank fanfic was Gendo. Weird, not sure why I thought that. I missed the meltdown I guess.
Because Gendo had an Anne Frank avatar for a while

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Oregon is a 43.5 favorite and the O/U is 72. Touchdowns every drive.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cole posted:

Oregon is a 43.5 favorite and the O/U is 72. Touchdowns every drive.

Yeah, I'm not even sure how they got Georgia State on the schedule, unless it was set up years ago when they were still FCS.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/GatorsScott/status/644628800572116992

Will Grier is the first Florida QB to throw multiple TD passes in consecutive games since 2010.

lol Muschamp

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You guys ready to see FSU lose to BC tonight?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wandler20 posted:

You guys ready to see FSU lose to BC tonight?

nah. FSU is going to win a bunch more and lose in heartbreaking fashion later on in the year.

For those that love schadenfreude, ask yourself, would you rather have had FSU with Winston last year drop one of the many games in the lead up to the playoffs and be left out or would you rather have what we got with the house of cards collapsing on itself against Oregon in hilarious fashion?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
BC is a year or two away from contending in the ACC again. They'll be a pain in the rear end but FSU will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
How is BC's run defense? If they can limit Cook Golson isn't intimidating.

• Locked thread