Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You're probably right about that. I think I should have done more research on Dez's injury and history coming back from injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
I have Shady for the second year in a row and the news today about him not practicing has me nervous.

I want to pick up Karlos Williams for security but I'm not sure who to drop.

10Team/0PPr/6ptTDforQBs [lineup: 1qb/2rb/2wr/1t/RWTflex/K/Def]

Here's my team:
QB Russell Wilson, SEA
QB Carson Palmer, ARI
RB Eddie Lacy, GB
RB Christopher Ivory, NYJ
RB LeSean McCoy, BUF
RB Joseph Randle, DAL
RB Ronnie Hillman, DEN
WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG
WR Keenan Allen, SD
WR Steve Johnson, SD
WR Mike Wallace, MIN
WR Torrey Smith, SF
TE Jordan Cameron, MIA
K Mason Crosby, GB
DST Carolina Panthers, CAR

I'm debating between dropping Wallace or Smith for Williams but that leaves me very light on WR depth with an iffy core.

Thoughts

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'm not too fond on starting the Seahawks defense this week. The Saints are available, who face a (probably) pretty terrible Tampa Bay, as are the Lions who go against Minnesota. Thoughts?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

climboutonalimb posted:

I have Shady for the second year in a row and the news today about him not practicing has me nervous.

10Team/0PPr/6ptTDforQBs [lineup: 1qb/2rb/2wr/1t/RWTflex/K/Def]

Here's my team:
QB Russell Wilson, SEA
QB Carson Palmer, ARI
RB Eddie Lacy, GB
RB Christopher Ivory, NYJ
RB LeSean McCoy, BUF
RB Joseph Randle, DAL
RB Ronnie Hillman, DEN
WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG
WR Keenan Allen, SD
WR Steve Johnson, SD
WR Mike Wallace, MIN
WR Torrey Smith, SF
TE Jordan Cameron, MIA
K Mason Crosby, GB
DST Carolina Panthers, CAR

I'm debating between dropping Wallace or Smith for Williams but that leaves me very light on WR depth with an iffy core.

Thoughts

I don't see McCoy missing more than a week. If I was you I would just start Lacy/Ivory and whoever else in your Flex. I wouldn't drop anyone on your team for Williams just yet. If really want Williams I would drop Randle or Smith if anyone, but that is because I hate the Cowboys 3 back rotation and I'm really bitter I had to settle for McFadden.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 18, 2015

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I'm not too fond on starting the Seahawks defense this week. The Saints are available, who face a (probably) pretty terrible Tampa Bay, as are the Lions who go against Minnesota. Thoughts?
Geaux Saints.

Keep Seattle though, if only because they have the Tyler Lockett Kick Return Experience. ST points are still points. You're probably not looking at a lot of points given up by Rodgers and co. Especially with Kam out. Rodgers basically never threw at Sherman and didn't give up anything the last time they played.

edit: I checked and Rodgers actually threw 2 ints. In that same game, Russell threw 4 :gonk:

Miko fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 18, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would not start the Seahawks against AA Ron after they just got torched by Nick Foles. I will be playing the Saints against Rookie QB Jameis Winston because it is his first road game and will feel great rooting for him to fail spectacularly.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Just traded Funchess + John Brown and got Allen Robinson. Feels good.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I, uh, would much rather have Brown.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Franks Happy Place posted:

If you are really down on Manning and think he has a stinker season, you also have to account for the fact that if he goes 2-6 or whatever over the first half, he might well just retire then and there.

And if Brock Osweiler is then the QB (either for the above reason, or due to Manning getting "injured" to save his face, or actually really getting injured, etc. etc.), Demaryius Thomas is an elite WR now catching passes from a tunnel-vision-having terrified rookie QB. Which is to say, still a good WR1.

I know it was preseason and the Seahawks didn't start their entire first team on defense but Brock actually looked competent.Not great, mind you, but not poo poo either. So the jury is still out (and he's not a rookie, he's been holding Manning's books for three years). e: is my homerism too obvious

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 18, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Not only would I rather have Brown, but you also gave up Funchess, which may end up hurting your depth. Carolina has no one to catch passes so its not inconceivable that Funchess starts seeing more targets as the year progresses.

Also guys, I am in a league that starts a Head Coach (don't ask me why, I didn't make the rule). I just found myself spending 30 minutes looking at streaming coaching options...this is what it has come to.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

climboutonalimb posted:

Thoughts

Good move nabbing Karlos. I think he's more valuable to you than Torrey or Ronnie.

Pro move is to drop your kicker for him now, see how Ronnie looks tonight, then choose who to drop for a kicker Saturday night.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

MrSargent posted:

Not only would I rather have Brown, but you also gave up Funchess, which may end up hurting your depth. Carolina has no one to catch passes so its not inconceivable that Funchess starts seeing more targets as the year progresses.

Also guys, I am in a league that starts a Head Coach (don't ask me why, I didn't make the rule). I just found myself spending 30 minutes looking at streaming coaching options...this is what it has come to.

How the hell does Head Coach scoring even work?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Brownhat posted:

How the hell does Head Coach scoring even work?

You get points based on the point differential. Blow outs are good. I'd start the Saints this week.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Forever_Peace posted:

1ppr I like Olsen by a significant margin.
Really? I've done a complete 180 on him since the draft. Don't think I can trust the Carolina passing game at all and I don't believe he'll be nearly the advantage over the average TE I thought he'd be. I love Bryant's weekly upside and think that'll make a much larger difference in my lineup.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Broncos schedule starting week 4: Min, Oak, Cle, bye, GB, Ind, KC, Chi, NE, SD, Oak, Pit, Cin

Don't count out Broncos players so early

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

old dog child posted:

Broncos schedule starting week 4: Min, Oak, Cle, bye, GB, Ind, KC, Chi, NE, SD, Oak, Pit, Cin

Don't count out Broncos players so early

Uggghhhh k this does actually make me regret trading Demaryius. Pretty much anbody can score points against those next 3.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Really? I've done a complete 180 on him since the draft. Don't think I can trust the Carolina passing game at all and I don't believe he'll be nearly the advantage over the average TE I thought he'd be. I love Bryant's weekly upside and think that'll make a much larger difference in my lineup.

I did too.
He'll be double covered all season because the Panthers wr core is on par with a rec league.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Also, looks like the Titans defense is available, which could be great if Cleveland's gonna Cleveland.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Ayudo posted:

You get points based on the point differential. Blow outs are good. I'd start the Saints this week.

Yup, starting the Saints HC with confidence. Also starting Saints D in another league. I couldn't be happier about double rooting for Jameis to fail.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tend to change my mind frequently, but slowly, inch by inch. Preseason it looked pretty apparent that Cam only had eyes for Olsen, and all the other receivers are pretty dogshit at the moment. Standard scoring I'm all about TD upside in my TEs, but ppr, I like the floor that the volume guy gives.

I'm also lower on Martavis than most. He could be a really good player and is certainly an improvement over DHB in a high-powered offense, but I think he'll put up a few duds in between big games. Standard you can make that work but it's harder in ppr.

This weekend wasn't pretty but I think we know more about Olsen than we do about Martavis. I admire calculated risks to swing for the fences though - I think that's what wins leagues more than anything. Knowing when to take your shot.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

URGENT: I get Davante Adams and Lamar Miller for Larvis Landry in PPR with return yards. This is a no brainer, right?!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

VDay posted:

I, uh, would much rather have Brown.

MrSargent posted:

Huh. I appreciate the contrary opinions. I'm happy with the trade because I view Allen Robinson as a more reliable, higher floor WR3.

I like John Brown but I feel he's too boom or bust for me to start other than during bye week crunch. And I have no regrets shipping off Funchess. As far as I'm concerned Funchess is a Trojan horse that I just sold off on the value of Kelvin Benjamin's ghost. Like someone else just said, I want no part of Carolina's passing offense.

Here's what my lineup looks like now (14 teams, .5 PPR):

QB: Tyrod
RB: Forte, L. Murray, Spiller, K. Williams, M. Jones, Dunbar (pick up after trade)
WR: Julio, Cooks, A. Robinson, the bad C. Johnson, Lockett
TE: Bennett

I traded away my WR depth but I'm more confident starting Robinson in the flex than either of those guys

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
@PFF_NateJahnke: First quarter HB snaps for Denver: CJ Anderson 11, Ronnie Hillman 3

Told u so

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector 34 posted:

Just traded Demaryius Thomas and Benny Cunningham for Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller.

:stonk: Holy poo poo, dude. You hosed up.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Inspector 34 posted:

Just traded Demaryius Thomas and Benny Cunningham for Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller.
This has to be a typo. If not..

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

@PFF_NateJahnke: First quarter HB snaps for Denver: CJ Anderson 11, Ronnie Hillman 3

Told u so

Hillman is out there now. Nobody claimed CJ wasn't the starter... but this is currently a timeshare.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Rip anyone that drafted broncos

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drizzle posted:

Rip anyone that drafted broncos

I drafted Ware, and he is doing great.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Soooo what the hell do I do with Peyton? Dude is toast. Feels wrong to cut him, but he's my only QB and I've only got 4 bench slots in a 14 team league.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sellin' high on DT

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Told u so

Pretty sure those numbers are getting pretty close to even.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

DeepDickPizza posted:

89 posted:

This has to be a typo. If not..

Unless the Broncos continue to look as completely loving dreadful as they have so far, in which case he's probably fine.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Soooo what the hell do I do with Peyton? Dude is toast. Feels wrong to cut him, but he's my only QB and I've only got 4 bench slots in a 14 team league.

You desperately look for an option on the wire. Foles, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Mariota?? I think a few days ago I said Peyton could have his worst year since he was a rookie and still outscore Fitzpatrick... Peyton is going to have his worst year ever.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

At this rate even the Bears defense will stop our offense

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

You desperately look for an option on the wire. Foles, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Mariota?? I think a few days ago I said Peyton could have his worst year since he was a rookie and still outscore Fitzpatrick... Peyton is going to have his worst year ever.

Is he even worth hanging on to or do I just cut bait completely?

Could grab Dalton. Flacco, Smith, Foles, and Fitz are probably the next best options.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hello darkness, my only friend..

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dandy Kaiser posted:

VDay posted:

Kelce's finally (seemingly) getting the chance to have an impact in that offense that everyone who owned him last year was loving begging for. You play that dude until his arms/legs fall off or until Reid decides that he's not going to give him the ball for some reason.

so next week got it

old dog child posted:

he's been wide open a ton of times too

:shopkeeper:

e: this is the wrong thread but I'm leaving it anyway gently caress a TE

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 18, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is he even worth hanging on to or do I just cut bait completely?

Could grab Dalton. Flacco, Smith, Foles, and Fitz are probably the next best options.

Well, those are enough options that it might be worth waiting another week or two to see if easier competition brings back the old Peyton. I think those first four are relatively similar, while Fitz is a bit behind. I think Dalton and Smith are both nice options, and will be relatively safe while having enough receiving options to have decent ceilings in any given game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Who's a better play, Peyton or smith?

old dog child posted:

I think both of them will get destroyed

e: I hate to say it but probably Alex Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Brownhat posted:

Pretty sure those numbers are getting pretty close to even.

Shut up, you!

• Locked thread