Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

I was interested by the premise because fake relationships that turn real are kind of my jam.

Still hoping one of yours will turn real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Endorph posted:

on the one hand, the crew splitting up is kind of bad, on the other hand the impel down and whitebeard war arcs make amazing use of older characters from past arcs.
Yeah, I'd heard that too.

Really excited to get there now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Figmas....

my one weakness!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

the shokugeki no soma scans have a recruitment ad that mentions 'we want girls even though they aren't good for anything (lol)'

Food Wars has an official release now, you shouldn't be reading scans anyway

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Still hoping one of yours will turn real?

Haha, boom, that kind of burn doesn't work when you don't have a relationship at all.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
And it really doesn't make much sense. Come on, try harder.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

Dunno if Dressrosa is the longest but it's literally twice as long as it needs to be, has too many characters, and the fights sucked. I'm not sure why Franky and Brook exist, and the crewmembers who don't have haki (Nami, Chopper, ???) get shafted 24/7. Sanji is the worst character now and Oda's art is definitely going in places I dislike wrt spreads, fights, and women.
It sucks to see this happen! I thought OP would stay good while Naruto and Bleach crashed and burned.

Oh yeah, Haki was a real bad idea too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Goddamn, did you read that manga bout a guy who sees the future where he's married to the hottest girl in school too?

Nah. I think I remember it being really popular with goons like a year ago. Was a thread for it and everything, yeah?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I would be very nice to Danny Choo if I ever met them, because I bet they are nice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

OMIGAWD I WANT THIS.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I found a download of the cool show!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Haha, boom, that kind of burn doesn't work when you don't have a relationship at all.

I believe that one day boom will make a good and funny post

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

OMIGAWD I WANT THIS.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5226/figma+Rin+Hoshizora.html

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm not too sure about this new arc in shokugeki...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

You can take off and attach different expressions / arms like Nendos, yeah? Cause I'm not a fan of Rin's hair-tied hairstyle.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Now I've stumbled into Japanese openings of American shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4Bh3lUxEA

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

It's lame and I bet it will go on for a while.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to play Tales of Vesperia right now. Hopefully I won't be too lost since I'm just going to jump right into my play through from two years ago

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

I believe that one day boom will make a good and funny post
Here's your lottery ticket.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

I remain cautiously optimistic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One day I will buy myself like 1 or 2 figures a year and just not buy new games cause I never play them anyways.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Okay, time to finish Zepia Plus like I was going to last night before the last chat thread got derailed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Food Wars has an official release now, you shouldn't be reading scans anyway

It's 7 volumes behind the scans

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You can take off and attach different expressions / arms like Nendos, yeah? Cause I'm not a fan of Rin's hair-tied hairstyle.
The hair and face are different parts, yes. The tied hair thing is just an accessory.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Okay, time to finish Zepia Plus like I was going to last night before the last chat thread got derailed.

I hope this one gets derailed too

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

there's nothing to get. it's just a gag. even if you want to super analyze it, the only thing you can really get is 'people don't see what's right in front of them unless it's pointed out to them' or something.

Intriguing episode nonetheless. Curious about that parallel between Utena and Tomiko, since they had the whole shadow plays gag with Tomiko instead too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

"I'm going to finish Zepia... permanently."

*strangles Zepia and throws him into a vat of acid*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

i mean even when it had nothing to do with trans people the idea that a crossdresser was trying to 'trap' you or trick you was still hosed up.

I don't think it was ever used in an actual, like, gay panic, they're trying to steal your manhood way. More like, oh no, you saw a picture of a cute crossdresser on the internet, you've fallen into the trap and now have realized your sexuality isn't what you thought it was

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Since I have watched 6-7 episodes of Love Live I feel qualified to state that Rin is the best girl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

I'm going to play Tales of Vesperia right now. Hopefully I won't be too lost since I'm just going to jump right into my play through from two years ago
Every tales game has a synopsis hidden in the menu. You can read a brief recap of the last plot event.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

The hair and face are different parts, yes. The tied hair thing is just an accessory.

Rin the the star of the ED.

Honestly wouldn't have considered buying the figure if I'd just seen a picture of normal Rin but ED Rin with those rattles is like woah.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I don't think it was ever used in an actual, like, gay panic, they're trying to steal your manhood way. More like, oh no, you saw a picture of a cute crossdresser on the internet, you've fallen into the trap and now have realized your sexuality isn't what you thought it was

I just listen to my boner personally

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

It's 7 volumes behind the scans

It's translated in their Shonen Jump releases. Every now and then, their translation comes out before the scanlators.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

do you know your bloodtype

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Every tales game has a synopsis hidden in the menu. You can read a brief recap of the last plot event.

Cool beans. Thanks

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Allarion posted:

I'd argue it started happening earlier before that when the crew got seperated and the meta-narrative started becoming more important. Like the writing was still good, but the spirit of adventure became less prevalent when it switched gears to saving Ace. Not that Oda hasn't tried to make each new location after the reunion interesting, since for all intents and purposes, that was the whole point of Fishmen Island but it somewhat falls flat since each of the New World locations so far feels the need to have some sort of narrative importance, whereas Skypeia is cool island in the sky adventure and doesn't need any justification for itself.

I thought the whole point of Fishman island was just showing off how powerful everybody was now. But now that I say that out loud, that doesn't explain why they spent so much time on fishman racism flahbacks.

I didn't like that arc

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

No, I've never played Bloodborne.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

B.

My entire family is B.

Stain would probably kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want all the LL figmas, but I will not buy them. I will limit myself to Nico and probably Maki. They will wield each other's glowsticks.

• Locked thread