Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
The best Planetside 2 grief is when Admiral Snuggles told his officers(2fat4sex and some guy with a commie name) to play diplomats for some NC coalition, and then blew up about 40 of them while they were getting ready for a MAX crash. He got banned for about 2 weeks, but the real diamond was the goon drama.

I wasn't there for the main event, but the next day I came back to a dead outfit. I hopped on the Mumble, and asked what was happening, and after maybe 15 or so minutes of explanation, some goon that had designed an official site for the outfit lost his shits and started throwing a funny tantrum about our alcoholic leader, and repeatedly said "and that was the final straw that broke the camels back." He riled the goons into a circus house of 5 hours with 60+ people in a single channel, all of them yelling at the top of their lungs and refusing to back down. Most of the fighting wasn't even particularly about snuggles, he was just a platform for j4gs and old men being mad about the 'hah we're something awful trolls' meme from the day. Everyone pretty much gave up after that, or moved on to GOKU.

I've never laughed at a constant pace for such a long time, my body was sore the next day. Someone recorded it in full, but I have never been able to find it, everyone wanted to throw that one under the rug, you'd even get account banned for mentioning it in the PGS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I should point out that FF14 has 1/1/2 not 1/1/3 (4 vs. wow's 5 people) dungeon layout, I'm sure if it were 5 person it'd be even more skewed towards dps. DPS people often complain about 20+ minutes of waiting for a low level dungeon.

This in a game, where changing class is as simple as equipping a different weapon. :confused:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Truga posted:

This in a game, where changing class is as simple as equipping a different weapon. :confused:

Because they want to do that dungeon for levelling or a DPS class is the only one they have at that level or enjoy playing. There's quite a few reasons why someone would not just swap to tank or whatever.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Because they want to do that dungeon for levelling or a DPS class is the only one they have at that level or enjoy playing.

Other players exist, and queuing works when you're in a group with a tank/healer. Unless you're playing an MMO solo, there's absolutely no reason to wait more than a minute in a queue, *especially* not in ff14.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I guess it was a grief as any, but in WoW semi-often when new stuff came about, you'd get guys in trade chat offering tank queues if you pay them whatever dumb fee they dreamed up. Offering the same but for free to anyone who'd ask politely sure got the other guys upset at times, even more so if you were better geared than said guys and made that another known perk.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Unguided posted:

Fixed. One grief right when WoW first introduced the dungeon finder in Lich King was to queue as a tank or healer for Oculus and watch the person in the other role ragequit because it meant using a mount's skills instead of their own. The DPS would usually suck it up and wait for the DF to send a replacement since they'd already waited maybe an hour and would be sent to the back of the DPS queue if they left.

Oculus was such a pain in the rear end (it's a dungeon where you fly around on dragons with a special set of abilities that don't interact with your usual spells or whatever, and for at least the first six months or so you would lost at least one or two people the second the dungeon loaded) that they literally had to introduce extra loot including a shot at free mounts to get people to actually do it. If you took two minutes to actually read what the abilities on the dragons did and pay enough attention to not wander off away from the group you'd be fine, but those are skills far beyond the capacity of WoW players apparently.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't like Wrath of the Lich King very much, largely because of all the vehicle stuff. I found most of them frustrating and would just rather use my class abilities. Oculus was probably the worst though, and getting randomly dropped into it was almost a grief unto itself. If it was at the very start of the instance somebody would bail, leaving the rest of the group waiting around or requeing, and if you popped in mid-instance you were basically there to watch the last two minutes of a group breaking up, with all the swearing, name calling and blaming that usually came with.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
In WoW one of my favorite ways to grief was to just be purposefully bad at tanking. For some reason tanks were really hard to come by, even an order of magnitude more scarce than healers,. You could drop aggro on random mobs to let your rogue die, play painfully slowly, be a king kong oval office, or even just afk intermittently. No one would dare question the tank for fear of having to wait another 45 minutes for a new one who may be just as bad.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Luitpold posted:

The best Planetside 2 grief is when Admiral Snuggles told his officers(2fat4sex and some guy with a commie name) to play diplomats for some NC coalition, and then blew up about 40 of them while they were getting ready for a MAX crash. He got banned for about 2 weeks, but the real diamond was the goon drama.

I wasn't there for the main event, but the next day I came back to a dead outfit. I hopped on the Mumble, and asked what was happening, and after maybe 15 or so minutes of explanation, some goon that had designed an official site for the outfit lost his shits and started throwing a funny tantrum about our alcoholic leader, and repeatedly said "and that was the final straw that broke the camels back." He riled the goons into a circus house of 5 hours with 60+ people in a single channel, all of them yelling at the top of their lungs and refusing to back down. Most of the fighting wasn't even particularly about snuggles, he was just a platform for j4gs and old men being mad about the 'hah we're something awful trolls' meme from the day. Everyone pretty much gave up after that, or moved on to GOKU.

I've never laughed at a constant pace for such a long time, my body was sore the next day. Someone recorded it in full, but I have never been able to find it, everyone wanted to throw that one under the rug, you'd even get account banned for mentioning it in the PGS thread.

I was there for all of that. Snuggles convinced some otheroutfits to get in a big group to do a simultaneous raid of a base that could be accessed by teleporters. Once they grouped up, he C4d the poo poo out of them, killing like 40 friendlies with one detonation. He managed to make the pubbies, goons and mods all flip their poo poo with one action.

While he was banned, the NC goon group split, and the anti-snuggles side ended up joining the vanu goons (another faction with disco and laser beam weapons). My wife and I tried playing with both groups since both groups were fun, but the vanu goons wanted me and my wife to "swear we hated snuggles" before they would invite us to their group, so we just left planetside 2 instead. Seeing where we the game is at now, I think we made the right decision.

Goon drama best drama.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

In WoW one of my favorite ways to grief was to just be purposefully bad at tanking. For some reason tanks were really hard to come by, even an order of magnitude more scarce than healers,. You could drop aggro on random mobs to let your rogue die, play painfully slowly, be a king kong oval office, or even just afk intermittently. No one would dare question the tank for fear of having to wait another 45 minutes for a new one who may be just as bad.

When I played a healer and a DPS gave anyone poo poo I would purposefully stop healing them and let them die over and over again. They would usually never leave due to that 45 minute wait.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Back in the WoW-days, when everyone crammed into Ironforge because it was the only Allied auction house, there was this Horde dude who'd come by every so often. You'd know he was there because he dipped into the sub-zone just far enough to /shout 'K E K' a few dozen times, to annoy people trying to hawk services or cyber or whatever. I've no idea how he dodged the guards, but anyway.

Dude was definitely not a priest, which I think is part of why people fell for the second phase of his gimmick. As far as I remember, he was a shaman... a shaman wearing a gnomish mind control helmet. Yeah. Whenever he got bored with dueling some indignant Ally, he'd put the whammy on them and march 'em straight off the cliffs in front of Ironforge.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

When I played a healer and a DPS gave anyone poo poo I would purposefully stop healing them and let them die over and over again. They would usually never leave due to that 45 minute wait.

Doing something similar as a tank was always fun too. Oh this DPS guy won't turn off whatever dumb threat generator I've asked him to? Fine, have the threat dude, I'll taunt it after you're done doing your thing.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Nobody in the history of class-based MMOs has anyone ever been short a DPS for their party. It could be loving excruciating in games without matchmaking; as a Monk near the endgame approach of FFXI, I was regularly online anywhere from one to four hours before I could make it into a party. Just as likely was signing on, trying to negotiate my way into a party for six hours (turned down for not having incredibly overpriced super-rare overfarmed gear) then going to bed. It was typical for people to anonymize their class and level on the search info if they were a healer on account of the anguished hordes of DPS bothering them for a party please please make a party I'll suck your dick

This is a large part of the reason I started that protection scheme thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

I was there for all of that. Snuggles convinced some otheroutfits to get in a big group to do a simultaneous raid of a base that could be accessed by teleporters. Once they grouped up, he C4d the poo poo out of them, killing like 40 friendlies with one detonation. He managed to make the pubbies, goons and mods all flip their poo poo with one action.

While he was banned, the NC goon group split, and the anti-snuggles side ended up joining the vanu goons (another faction with disco and laser beam weapons). My wife and I tried playing with both groups since both groups were fun, but the vanu goons wanted me and my wife to "swear we hated snuggles" before they would invite us to their group, so we just left planetside 2 instead. Seeing where we the game is at now, I think we made the right decision.

Goon drama best drama.

Lol of course they would do that

Individually all of them are pretty okay people, but lol at some of the poo poo that has happened not with just GOON but GOKU too

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ellbent posted:

Nobody in the history of class-based MMOs has anyone ever been short a DPS for their party. It could be loving excruciating in games without matchmaking; as a Monk near the endgame approach of FFXI, I was regularly online anywhere from one to four hours before I could make it into a party. Just as likely was signing on, trying to negotiate my way into a party for six hours (turned down for not having incredibly overpriced super-rare overfarmed gear) then going to bed. It was typical for people to anonymize their class and level on the search info if they were a healer on account of the anguished hordes of DPS bothering them for a party please please make a party I'll suck your dick

This is a large part of the reason I started that protection scheme thing.

Man, 11 would be a whole new game to you now. Between exp curve adjustments, "trust" npc assistants, and other poo poo, the brutal ball crushing grind is over. Its now hidden behind a sperglords wet dream of a system.

Content:
Ffxi is a old as gently caress. There have been so many exploits, bad designs, tricks and gimmicks thru the years. Some favorites.

Spikeflail was a move that dragons and some other mobs have. Basically if someone grabs attention of the boss from behind and he moves, he can flail and usually just murder everyone. People would cure from outside the group to cause this, thiefs would steal enmity from the tank, or people would drag a bunch of trash mobs onto the monster, triggering collision repositioning.

Taj, a notorious hacker for the game, found an injection exploit. Forcing an invalid character into chat would instant crash anyone who saw the message. He could pick off anyone he wanted, even strategically remove party/alliance members. He even did it to a GM.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
some times I don't know which is worse

the weird goons who play planetside or the pedos that enjoy final fantasy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bieeardo posted:

Back in the WoW-days, when everyone crammed into Ironforge because it was the only Allied auction house

This reminds me of another fun one.

In the first raid dungeon, one of the bosses had a debuff that he would periodically place on a random target in the raid called "living bomb." Basically it gave you a countdown before you exploded for massive damage to yourself and everyone within a certain radius of you and flung you up in the air if you survived (causing fall damage when you hit the ground again). The important thing to note is that it chose a random target, meaning it can (and did) choose pets. Well, pets can be dismissed at any time, but they retain the status they were in when you dismissed them.

Step 1: Get living bomb on pet
Step 2: Dismiss pet
Step 3: Go to the cramped Ironforge Auction House after your raid.
Step 4: Summon pet
Step 5: Boom.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

final fantasy

but imagine if someone played both

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

IcePhoenix posted:

In the first raid dungeon, one of the bosses had a debuff that he would periodically place on a random target in the raid called "living bomb." Basically it gave you a countdown before you exploded for massive damage to yourself and everyone within a certain radius of you and flung you up in the air if you survived (causing fall damage when you hit the ground again). The important thing to note is that it chose a random target, meaning it can (and did) choose pets. Well, pets can be dismissed at any time, but they retain the status they were in when you dismissed them.

That's fantastic, I can't believe i've never seen that one

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

As bad as Planetside can be, there was no MMO that made me into a worse person than Age of Wushu.

As true as that is however, it was still one of the best. RIP chinagame, you were too good for the world and run by wildly incompetent Snail Games. I'll always look back fondly on yanking pubbies off horses and dick punching them to death with my RG.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Truga posted:

Other players exist, and queuing works when you're in a group with a tank/healer. Unless you're playing an MMO solo, there's absolutely no reason to wait more than a minute in a queue, *especially* not in ff14.

Yes because my friends are always online when I want to do a dungeon.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I stopped playing Planetside 2 awhile ago, but it was fun while I did. Tree making GBS threads in Planetside 2 was one of those fun things. The idea behind it was simple. You get yourself into a tree and camp as you farm tons of easy kills, remaining safe from pretty much everything but counter-snipers and aircraft. People would get very mad at it.

There were two ways to do it, group and solo. The solo way involved equipping a sniper rifle that didn't use ammo and a loadout so you could self-heal, allowing you to remain in the tree indefinitely.

The group way was a lot more fun. First, a base that had a lot of activity was selected. The squad leader would then fly into one of the nearby trees and hop out onto one of the branches to deploy a squad beacon (item that allows squad members to airdrop on the beacon's location). Moments later, brave anime poet warriors would rain down from the sky and set up shop. There would be a medic to revive anyone who died. There would be at least one engineer to provide infinite ammo. And the rest would be using either a high-powered sniper rifle or a little gun called the Lasher.

The Lasher is a heavy machine gun. It's inaccurate, has a slow rate of fire, and shoots slow projectiles. However, those projectiles were plasma orbs that did area damage to anyone they hit and were extremely effective when poured en-masse into groups. The end result would be up to 12 goons sitting in a tree spamming Lasher fire, rockets, and grenades down into clumps of mostly helpless enemies as they impotently screamed in chat or sent angry tells.

Fig. A: Successful treeshitters with visible Lasher fire in background.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

The iceblock that went out, I hope it was from someone who had nothing to do with it but was paying really good attention.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I haven't seen any goons go into other threads and jerk off over how great planetside is and how you need to play planetside and how the game in question sucks because it's not planetside.

So probably the FF goons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hy_C posted:

Yes because my friends are always online when I want to do a dungeon.

That's when you play a healer or a tank thanks to the super easy class swapping.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

Step 5: Use pet to suicide bomb Ironforge.

Better than that was Corrupted Blood, which was more or less the same thing except it was contagious. Ironforge and Orgrimmar were pretty well decimated as a result.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

darthbob88 posted:

Better than that was Corrupted Blood, which was more or less the same thing except it was contagious. Ironforge and Orgrimmar were pretty well decimated as a result.

For a tl;dr, this was a debuff from a boss that did heavy damage-over-time for 10 seconds, and also infected (at full duration) anyone within a certain range, with no limitations on how much it can spread. A harrowing time to be a level 1 banker alt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDvxKeLWlA

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Truga posted:

I should point out that FF14 has 1/1/2 not 1/1/3 (4 vs. wow's 5 people) dungeon layout, I'm sure if it were 5 person it'd be even more skewed towards dps. DPS people often complain about 20+ minutes of waiting for a low level dungeon.

I fully admit that I went full time Thaumaturge/Black Mage for my first lengthy stab at FFXIV because I full well knew "Ranged DPS" was the easiest lowest responsibility goddamned thing possible, and the cast time and mechanics of Tham/BLM are surprisingly relaxing compared to Archer(and I'd assume, everything else).

I think the saddest part wasn't the wait times for "story or side dungeons nobody gave a poo poo about" on my way to 50 (Which I knew full well about picking DPS in an MMO), but that the mere fact I knew what the sleep spell was apparently impressed the hell out of every pubbie who saw me. I'm literally playing the class because it is the lazy option (as well as EXPLOSIONS) yet I was still apparently giving more of a poo poo than what pubbies were used to seeing.

Which of course, meant the fact everything that most things you wish you could slepe or immobilize to make a setpiece easier are IMMUNE to such things was that much more :sigh: "Oh that thing will gently caress us if it reaches X no problem I'll... oh guess I'll just burn it down because I can't sleep or immobilize a reskin of a generic enemy."

That isn't much of a "Grief" but it always drives me crazy when (understandably for design reasons) you reach that point where you basically ignore most or all of your control options because "Well, that's immune. THAT's Immune. That's also immune."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 19, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The best thing about the corrupted blood thing was the fact that you could do the same thing, infect a pet, and then come back later whenever to do it. It caused such an issue that papers were actually written on it as a basis of communicable diseases and the like. It also forced blizzard to do some weird poo poo (I think) to FINALLY get rid of it.

WoW Vanilla also had the Tauren Race perk of plain strider. This was a thing you activated and it helped boost your run speed and it built up. Eventually nullifying he need for a ground mount.

Also, I know I was one of the dudes that hung out at the opposing factions base a lot. It was fun.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

There was a bug with Death Knights where one of their passive spells (Frost Fever I think, which applies damage over time) was actually an instant cast if you put it on your spellbar and could be applied to anybody. Enemies, friendlies, npcs, etc.. It did such little damage it couldn't kill a max level player unless you had dozens of it on you, but it would kill a low level pretty quickly. DKs were sitting in the starting areas just massacring anybody with less than 200HP. Blizzard applied a hotfix for it that was immediate. I heard a rumor that another server banded together and killed one of their faction leaders, but never saw any screenshots.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Some horde players killed Thrall (I think it was a goon guild), but it wasn't with the DK disease bug. It was with a quest(?) that made you hostile to your own faction.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

Some horde players killed Thrall (I think it was a goon guild), but it wasn't with the DK disease bug. It was with a quest(?) that made you hostile to your own faction.

That was our very own Mal'ganis Goon Squad.

Mal'goonis.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

During the Burning Crusade my favorite way to grief was to be extremely good at tanking while pretending to be a DPS paladin. Tank paladins were extremely hosed up and weird. They had no taunt abilities, instead they had abilities that significantly amplified how much threat you would build from damage dealing, effectively letting you steal enemies from other tanks really easily. For damage they had a pretty good AOE damage ability, and every time that they blocked with a shield they had a good chance of getting a double-swing. This meant that a tank paladin was a really good damage dealer if they had at least 2-3 enemies attacking them, and if they could handle 5+ enemies then they'd top the DPS chart (because they'd be constantly double-attacking and constantly dealing AOE damage).

But all of this was worthless because a good tank is really there for tanking bosses, and paladins were lovely at tanking bosses. So people looking for a group (this was before the Looking For Group tool existed, everything was done in chat) would get me, the tank paladin, claiming to be DPS while constantly pissing off the actual tank for stealing his enemies, pissing off the healer for diverting his attention from the tank, and pissing off the other DPS classes because DPS-only classes are played by babies who can't stand it when a class that is traditionally bad at DPS beats them on a DPS chart. If someone complained about my grabbing enemies I'd just point out that the actual tank must be a real piece of poo poo if he can't even hold threat from some bullshit DPS paladin

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

Dick Burglar posted:

That was way back in vanilla, and I remember getting it on my Shaman and killing the bankers/auctioneers in Orgrimmar. Another fun thing to do was kill the innkeepers during halloween so people couldn't trick or treat. Not as feasible now since there's several of them per town.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

QuarkJets posted:

If someone complained about my grabbing enemies I'd just point out that the actual tank must be a real piece of poo poo if he can't even hold threat from some bullshit DPS paladin
DPS is easy to replace, though; wouldn't they just have kicked you? Or is that one of those "too sensible to do" things?

Most of my WoW griefs were unintentional; I wanted to try out all the roles but didn't have the time or energy to learning them inside and out so instead I just earnestly sucked at the game. I was the warrior that didn't know what moves to taunt, the hunter who shot diamond instead of skull, and the healer who...actually, no that was the only thing I didn't suck at. I mean, I'd still miss jumps and make everyone have to wait for me to run back or come pull monsters off me, but I never wiped a raid.

It's amazing how much of an idiot you can be as a healer and still have people treat you nicely.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

DPS is easy to replace, though; wouldn't they just have kicked you? Or is that one of those "too sensible to do" things?

This was before the Looking For Group tool existed, so kicking someone meant having to walk outside of the dungeon, start spamming chat until someone responds, wait for them to walk to the dungeon (or if you're lucky you'd have a warlock that could teleport them to the entrance), and then walking all the way to whatever point you were at before. If this took too long then enemies inside the dungeon would start respawning, but not any loot-dropping bosses, so that's a bunch of wasted time and effort clearing poo poo just to get back to where you were originally.

On top of that, it's not like this was causing people to die or slowing the group's progress. If anything, it actually made the dungeon quite a bit easier since one of the highest DPS characters was able to hold threat without dying, since I was dressed in tanking gear. It might piss off the real tank and the healer, and it might sometimes make DPS characters mad because they weren't the ones dealing the most damage, but kicking out the fake dps paladin and swapping out for some other DPS class probably would have hindered the group more than helped.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Paladins were great at tanking bosses and did have a taunt, it had some range on it as well. Biggest problem was that the only way to get mana back was to take damage and get healed which could be a real problem if you were geared too well and took too little of it since overhealing gave you nothing at all. I remember calmly discussing that with the other tank during the add phase in Serpentshrine whatever's end boss encounter. And by that I mean I yelled at the guy for taunting everything I tanked and thus producing gaps in mana regeneration for me. So I guess I got griefed there but he didn't know any better. Also tank duels while waiting for everybody to get to a raid, Warriors were doing it for a long time but they didn't let me play after they realized all my damage was holy and their fancy defenses did nothing against that.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ah I think you're right, but I seem to recall the taunt not working on a lot of things for whatever reason. Which was fine since threat was never a problem

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7bFXbS9QD4

Was this posted? I laughed hard at this guy's stuff.

Deadpan passive-aggressive murdering is the best :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Morglon posted:

Paladins were great at tanking bosses and did have a taunt, it had some range on it as well. Biggest problem was that the only way to get mana back was to take damage and get healed which could be a real problem if you were geared too well and took too little of it since overhealing gave you nothing at all. I remember calmly discussing that with the other tank during the add phase in Serpentshrine whatever's end boss encounter. And by that I mean I yelled at the guy for taunting everything I tanked and thus producing gaps in mana regeneration for me. So I guess I got griefed there but he didn't know any better. Also tank duels while waiting for everybody to get to a raid, Warriors were doing it for a long time but they didn't let me play after they realized all my damage was holy and their fancy defenses did nothing against that.

Pallies got that taunt super late into LK, I think that was either late Ulduar or the Tournament. So early Lich King pallies had no taunt.

• Locked thread