Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PCOS Bill posted:

Teach her?

She knows how, just refuses. So it would be a second car vs an only car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie posted:

She knows how, just refuses. So it would be a second car vs an only car.

Time to upgrade.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I thoroughly enjoy my 2014 Fusion therefore this argument is over.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PCOS Bill posted:

Time to upgrade.

I already have a project car and a bike. I think I'm okay.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie posted:

I already have a project car and a bike. I think I'm okay.

Not what I meant

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Given how aggressively they push leases (Their entire business model is built on them), you could probably roll in a high end BMW/Audi/Benz for the same monthly cost as an RS, assuming good credit.

I will say that a base Mustang GT with performance package being available at $40k CAD is pretty tempting, though. The new Camaro looks better on most fronts except for the retained visibility issue, but visibility is kind of a big loving deal in a car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheeee posted:

Given how aggressively they push leases (Their entire business model is built on them), you could probably roll in a high end BMW/Audi/Benz for the same monthly cost as an RS, assuming good credit.

Neat, which AWD turbo hot hatch do BMW, Audi, and MB make?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Neat, which AWD turbo hot hatch do BMW, Audi, and MB make [that you can buy in North America]?

Fixed that out for ya.

If you can't decide between a GT or a RS, just get both! :sun:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Scotch posted:

Fixed that out for ya.

Hey, no jumping ahead.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wheeee posted:

That presumes you actually WANT any of those cars.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

BloodBag posted:

I don't hear powershift bitching on end about an F150 platinum being a $25K base truck with $26K of appearance packages. sauce

This is infinitely more stupid than a Focus RS for $40k.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Some of them are pretty nice if you don't have to personally worry about the residual value being in free fall or the pieces of poo poo falling apart after a few years!

The best hatch is still the Micra though since you can buy one, drive it to death by playing race car driver on the street, buy another one and kill it playing Dukes of Hazzard, buy a third to keep as a daily driver as you salvage parts from the first two to combine into a track toy, then buy a used full size truck to haul your Nissan hoard around, all for the price of an RS.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheeee posted:

Some of them are pretty nice if you don't have to personally worry about the residual value being in free fall or the pieces of poo poo falling apart after a few years!

The best hatch is still the Micra though since you can buy one, drive it to death by playing race car driver on the street, buy another one and kill it playing Dukes of Hazzard, buy a third to keep as a daily driver as you salvage parts from the first two to combine into a track toy, then buy a used full size truck to haul your Nissan hoard around, all for the price of an RS.

I'm sure the people in the countries that have the Micra enjoy them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Wheeee posted:

Your hate on for Ford is so amazing that I've come twice just thinking about it.

Mein Fuhrer, please tell me more about the magic of German autos!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Or just buy an RS because gently caress that dumb poo poo

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Truedelta reliability figures for the Ford Focus and Fusion seem consistently worse than the gas versions of the Jetta/Golf and Passat.

quote:

They all do, they just call them compact SUVs.

Remind me how many affordable manual transmission wagons Ford makes again? I hope its still OK to like those?

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 19, 2015

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The X1 (1st gen) with the twin turbo I6 was basically an E91 (slightly smaller?) with an engine it never had in NA for some dumb reason.

If I didn't need more interior room I'd be checking out the off leases for deals.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey guys look at these vehicles that are nothing like the vehicles you're talking about OWNED

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I like the RS a whole lot and would drive it around and zoom and shift gears and get out and have people go 'woah sweet is that an RS??' and I'd go 'yeah it's great!' and use it to haul groceries and things that I haul regularly and merge on the highway real fast maybe take it to a track day. :allears:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Throatwarbler posted:

They all do, they just call them compact SUVs.

You can't see me but I'm laughing at you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

You can't see me but I'm laughing at you.

Here is an A45 AMG "car"

and a GLA 45 amg "SUV"

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

PCOS Bill posted:

235i, S3, and CLA/GLA45AMG?

235i isnt reall a hot hatch, but eh, its 45K for AWD version.

S3 is 41K ish

CLA45 is 48K.

RS starts at 36K.

none of those are really "hatches" though

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Powershift posted:

Here is an A45 AMG "car"

and a GLA 45 amg "SUV"

Guess which one I want

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Guess which one I want

The car, obviously, because driving something called an "SUV" makes you a soccer mom.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Guess which one I want

the one not available in the US

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm personally waiting for the truck.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frank Dillinger posted:

235i, S3, and CLA/GLA45AMG?

235i isnt reall a hot hatch, but eh, its 45K for AWD version.

S3 is 41K ish

CLA45 is 48K.

RS starts at 36K.

none of those are really "hatches" though

You might as well have said "Miata" because you'd have been as close to hatch that way.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I saw 300 new replies to this topic and thought "Ooo! Something really exciting must have been announced!" But no, it's just everyone arguing about whose preference is the right one.

The VW diesel thing is pretty funny though.

Edit: Decided to add some content here. I know this has been done before but I decided to see just how ridiculous the options pricing on Porsches is.

I started with a base model Porsche Cayenne, at $58,200 and optioned it up to this monstrosity:

That work of art would cost me $172,035.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGA7D8J6

Nearly 3x the base cost, with only minimal performance upgrades.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 19, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Powershift posted:

The car, obviously, because driving something called an "SUV" makes you a soccer mom.

It might be the proportions on the car are better to me that the SUV. Hood height, door height, wheel sizes, ground clearance. Maybe I don't want to ride higher? Maybe I don't want (what I consider) bloated proportions? Maybe I don't like the (gasp!) colors available?

If Mercedes can't sell me a car then that's on them, I get to decide my purchase on anything from stigma, what the CEO says about women, or if they were caught installing a defeat device to fake EPA smog numbers since 2009.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I saw 300 new replies to this topic and thought "Ooo! Something really exciting must have been announced!" But no, it's just everyone arguing about whose preference is the right one.

The VW diesel thing is pretty funny though.

I didn't say anyone else's was wrong. I said I don't want anything but my preferences.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
On new(ish) car news, did you guys see the Civic wagon?

Not predicting a lot of euro wagon fetishists clamoring for this one...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm sure the people in the countries that have the Micra enjoy them.

They don't, they're a stripped down city car for third worlders and poors.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

Here is an A45 AMG "car"

and a GLA 45 amg "SUV"

GLA45 really might be my next car. So absurd. It would be a perfect followup to my abarth.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

eyebeem posted:

GLA45 really might be my next car. So absurd. It would be a perfect followup to my abarth.

I like how the regular GLA doesn't even come with a lift, the lift is a separate option package.

Also if you do, get the ridiculous rear spoiler too.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 19, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

They don't, they're a stripped down city car for third worlders and poors.

You know what I'm getting at here.

Mange Mite posted:

On new(ish) car news, did you guys see the Civic wagon?

Not predicting a lot of euro wagon fetishists clamoring for this one...

I'd rather have the Fit with a manual

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

I like how the regular GLA doesn't even come with a lift, the lift is a separate option package.

Also if you do, get the ridiculous rear spoiler too.

I saw one of these driving around a few days ago. I thought it was the A class because of how small it looked.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Stealth Like posted:

I saw one of these driving around a few days ago. I thought it was the A class because of how small it looked.

It is an A-class.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

El Scotch posted:

It is an A-class.

I mean I didn't realize the GLA was that small and thought it was an A that found its way here.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
How long do you all think it'll be before you can actually get an RS at a reasonable price and not pay MSRP? After asking a local Ford dealership not two months ago about the RS and having the fuckwits tell me it's a europe only car (and this was after the ford.com news posts announcing it) I have to imagine their lovely dealer network will get at least a year out it, or maybe just kill the model completely trying to suck it dry of all possible profit.

But the real question is, will the RS thread be shittier than the BRZ/FRS thread? If the discussion so far is any indication, the answer is yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

How long do you all think it'll be before you can actually get an RS at a reasonable price and not pay MSRP? After asking a local Ford dealership not two months ago about the RS and having the fuckwits tell me it's a europe only car (and this was after the ford.com news posts announcing it) I have to imagine their lovely dealer network will get at least a year out it, or maybe just kill the model completely trying to suck it dry of all possible profit.

But the real question is, will the RS thread be shittier than the BRZ/FRS thread? If the discussion so far is any indication, the answer is yes!

It will be 1.5x worse, due to having 1.5x the hp.