Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Do you actually live IN China???

LOL no poo poo that's like the price of rice. Maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys need to move where there are people. $6 here will you enough Chinese food to feed a family.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Unfortunately, the fun prize spins taper off around level 40 or so. After that, it's just generic 'high level' spins with 1mil credits in the middle surrounded by various cash and mod prizes. A few are 'special spins' with cars in the middle, but nothing to boast about. VW Beetle and Chevy Bel Air, for instance. Kind of odd to give those as prize cars later on, when you can win loving Bugattis and race cars early on.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Amazon gave me $6 back because I bitched about multiplayer not working. That's enough for a chinese take out meal.

Definitely enough for the lunch menu.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
The cheating AI is getting really obvious and annoying. Did a race on short Watkins Glen with the new vette. I was much faster than all the other cars in the corners, even the cheating AI. There were many corners where I was catching up in the corners, to have him tear away from me at super-car speeds down the straights. After the race, I checked the times, and they don't even add up.

http://thideras.com/images/games/forza6/Fri_Sep_18_21-22-12_CDT_2015.png

My 7:42.809 is an average of 1:17.134 per lap, which is faster than its best lap. Assuming the AI did its best every lap (1:18.047), it would get a total time of 7:48.638, which is considerably slower than me. It makes no sense. If you are going to cheat, at least make sure the numbers match up!

:iiam:

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
That's the AI's best clean lap. They could have done a whole bunch of faster laps that were dirty over the course of the race to get to the total. The AI can be pretty ridiculous, but I don't think they're fudging the actual lap/race times.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yeah i mean i dont see the ai warping around in replays

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

thideras posted:

The cheating AI is getting really obvious and annoying. Did a race on short Watkins Glen with the new vette. I was much faster than all the other cars in the corners, even the cheating AI. There were many corners where I was catching up in the corners, to have him tear away from me at super-car speeds down the straights. After the race, I checked the times, and they don't even add up.

Shocker, the AI car pulled away from you in the corner once it hit the straight!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Shocker, the AI car pulled away from you in the corner once it hit the straight!

But it doesn't matter what car you drive or tune you use, or even how well you drive. The one special AI car just... vanishes.

Even L_Harrison says so. I think that counts for something, as well as the fact that Turn10 acknowledges there is a problem and is working on it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yep I hit P2 easily every race. Unless I crank the difficulty down, one dickhead car is miles ahead.

It's always my work buddy too. So I call him an rear end in a top hat on the reg now.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Yep I hit P2 easily every race. Unless I crank the difficulty down, one dickhead car is miles ahead.

It's always my work buddy too. So I call him an rear end in a top hat on the reg now.

Norns, don't be mad at me about before. You're good people, and that's a funny/sad story (the best kind).

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Speaking of which, is it just me (not being able to drive well on that track) or is the AI much harder on Mount Panorama?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Not just you. I did the endurance race there the other day on my normal difficulty (Pro) and the only reason I won was because the AI all pitted twice and I only had to pit once.

The guy out in first place was running nearly perfect laps every time. He pitted on lap 25/26 though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Turn 10 is using the UI for the yellow car from R.C. Pro-Am.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Scatterfold posted:

Speaking of which, is it just me (not being able to drive well on that track) or is the AI much harder on Mount Panorama?

My theory is that it doesn't process AI for cars that aren't within 700 feet of you, it just runs them around the track at x.xx lap time, and that number is unreasonable for a lot of tracks, and mount panorma with the long straight after the tight left hander allows the front guy to get more than 700 feet ahead on the first turn, and the only other time you get close is before the back straight.

When i was racing, i took the cheater line through turn 11-12-13 where you go straight on, grab the brakes in the dark green bit that helps slow you down, basically as close as you can get to the inside barrier, and was able to take 100 feet a lap off him until i got within 700 feet of him coming out of turn 1, caught him, passed him, and got 700 feet away by the same point in the next lap. When you're close to him, he brakes on turn 20. if you're not, he doesn't.

I noticed doing the indy race, 2nd, 3rd and 4th were always evenly spaced. 1000, 2000, 3000 feet back. 30000, 40000, 50000 feet back.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

Dr. Faustus posted:

But it doesn't matter what car you drive or tune you use, or even how well you drive. The one special AI car just... vanishes.

Even L_Harrison says so. I think that counts for something, as well as the fact that Turn10 acknowledges there is a problem and is working on it.
This is exactly the issue I was seeing. I could catch up on certain corners, but it was insanely fast elsewhere.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Norns, don't be mad at me about before. You're good people, and that's a funny/sad story (the best kind).

Why would anything here make me mad?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Powershift posted:

...i got within 700 feet of him coming out of turn 1, caught him, passed him, and got 700 feet away by the same point in the next lap. When you're close to him, he brakes on turn 20. if you're not, he doesn't.

:crossarms: good find. I'm pretty sure it was the same in Forza 5. I guess Bathust just makes an existing problem that much more apparent...

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Scatterfold posted:

:crossarms: good find. I'm pretty sure it was the same in Forza 5. I guess Bathust just makes an existing problem that much more apparent...

I always wondered why in single player races you started closer to the front on Bathurst in FM5 and that must be why.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Why would anything here make me mad?
I make a lot of people angry. It's a bad habit of mine. I mean well, I really do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

I make a lot of people angry. It's a bad habit of mine. I mean well, I really do.

I think it's less anger, and more confusion.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Forza does wonders at making goons pissed off at each other. You just have to embrace it

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
How the gently caress do I get good at this game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

signalnoise posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Faster-Mastering-Race-Driving/dp/0837602262

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

signalnoise posted:

Quit going so fast. Smooth inputs. Listen to your tires. Loud squealing is bad.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Is there an easy way to tell if goons are racing or join in on them? On Forza 4 we had the metatag, but I don't know how to quickly check if there are races happening now. So eager to take last place.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Just played online tonight for the first time with pubbies (that includes FM5, FH2, etc). Holy poo poo what an amazing experience. I just find it drat impressive that they spin out on a loving straight. I couldn't even be mad at the pubbie who spun out and right across screen in to me.

Asnorban posted:

Is there an easy way to tell if goons are racing or join in on them? On Forza 4 we had the metatag, but I don't know how to quickly check if there are races happening now. So eager to take last place.

I just check my friends list. It tells you what they are doing in-game. I don't know this or not if there is an easy way to see who is in a party. On PS4 goons would always be in a party unless taunting pubbies and other goons would freely join it. I may start doing that now if I see others on and invite them to the party.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I enjoy the pubbie experience. I'm not in there to win races or anything, just to be entertained. Watching someone fly off the track and crash into a tire wall and shoot dozens of tires all over the goddamn track will never not be hilarious.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

L_Harrison posted:

I enjoy the pubbie experience. I'm not in there to win races or anything, just to be entertained. Watching someone fly off the track and crash into a tire wall and shoot dozens of tires all over the goddamn track will never not be hilarious.

Yep. Go in public game to laugh and see stupid poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

Nothing like lap 2 or 3 on Bathurst and seeing all the piles of tires covering the roadway.

Also I really get a kick out of weaving through the turn 1 carnage in the hopper lobbies, like I can't believe I just squeezed through all that untouched :D.

A really fun track for pebbie mayhem is the Rio mountain course in D class. It's such a stupid small track, it's chaos.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
So I'm trying to switch to manual clutch and I need some advice. I've remapped to have A be the clutch instead of handbrake. And I understand sliding from A to B to do an upshift. It's the downshifting I'm having some problem with.

Do you guys hold the clutch and do multiple downshifts, or fully engage each gear and the way down?

Also any other tips for manual clutchery would be appreciated!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Don't slide, just mash both buttons at the same time.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So I think some of the Passing Challenges are a bit broken. They're completely winnable and such, but the cars that typically have active aero don't use it, like the McLaren P1 around Yas Marina and the Veyron around Daytona. The spoilers just stay tucked into the decklid, never coming out at high speed.

Oh, and the Marco Andretti Indycar doesn't have front wheels or a wing when you race it in cockpit camera, lmfao. (Insert something here about how it's appropriate). Not sure if it's like that for other Honda Indycars or not.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

"What the gently caress rear end in a top hat you brought a truck to Yas Corkscrew?"

They started by giving me a wide berth.

Then not so much.

I was the only one with a clean lap :coal:

But as expected DNF'd

Unfortunately, the next race in which me and another pubbie both had vans and did barrel rolls through the first turn clusterfuck did not save properly :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

L_Harrison posted:

So I think some of the Passing Challenges are a bit broken. They're completely winnable and such, but the cars that typically have active aero don't use it, like the McLaren P1 around Yas Marina and the Veyron around Daytona. The spoilers just stay tucked into the decklid, never coming out at high speed.

Oh, and the Marco Andretti Indycar doesn't have front wheels or a wing when you race it in cockpit camera, lmfao. (Insert something here about how it's appropriate). Not sure if it's like that for other Honda Indycars or not.

Even using a "no collisions on the first lap" mod, I can only get 104 cars on the Spa one and it inexplicably wants 106.
It's starting to feel like a GT 1 or GT 2 license test :supaburn:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
^The good thing is you can turn the drivatar difficulty down. It scales the objectives down with it, like passing cars or whatever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I came across this series while looking for tuning help to set up my cars for GRC. I found them helpful and they are easier to understand than T10's in-game textual explanations. FM6 is actually easier since you can watch Telemetry during replays so you're not distracting yourself trying to watch the numbers as you drive.

Alignment - Camber, Castor and Toe

Springs

Anti-Roll Bars

Damping - Rebound and Bump

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Pubbies can't grasp the concept that breaking early for a turn and going faster out of a turn is how you race. They slam those brakes at the last second.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I've been using this setup I cribbed off the Forza Forums (maybe linked here?) either way:

quote:

Build your car and write down weight of vehicle and weight distribution %.
Tires: 28/28 (after entering all tuning settings, run telemetry to set hot tire psi in the 32.0-33.0 range.)
Transmission: Set final drive to desired speed if it’s adjustable.
Camber: Stack default on top of -2.0/-2.0 (ex: -1.5/-.7 becomes -3.5/-2.7)
Toe: 0/0 0/0
Caster: 7.0
Roll Bars: Divide default in half
Springs: Divide car weight in half and multiply by weight distribution. Result is
Front spring setting. Subtract front spring setting from half weight of car.
Result is rear spring setting. (ex: 2000/2=1000. 1000x.46=460, this is front
spring setting. 1000-460=540, this is rear spring setting).
Ride Height: As low as possible without bottoming out.
Rebound: Stack .5 on top of default (ex: 8.9/9.4 becomes 9.4/9.9)
Bump: Multiply default by .3 (ex: 6.1/5.8 becomes 1.8/1.7)
Aero: Full down force, move front and rear all the way to the right
Brakes: 40/110
Differential: RWD 9/27 FWD 33/0 AWD 33/0 60/60 80

I've been pretty happy with it, but the weird Rebound/Bump settings is creating some porpoisening under hard braking.

As an aside, I'm bummed that Turn10 (still!) hasn't put your car stats like power, curb weight, and weight balance in the Tuning sheet. They make good leaps in every iteration of this game and completely overlook simple problems.

edit: personally, gently caress those brake settings - and obviously this isn't an end-all setup, just a nice "3 Minute Tune"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

I've been using this setup I cribbed off the Forza Forums (maybe linked here?) either way:

I've been pretty happy with it, but the weird Rebound/Bump settings is creating some porpoisening under hard braking.

As an aside, I'm bummed that Turn10 (still!) hasn't put your car stats like power, curb weight, and weight balance in the Tuning sheet. They make good leaps in every iteration of this game and completely overlook simple problems.

edit: personally, gently caress those brake settings - and obviously this isn't an end-all setup, just a nice "3 Minute Tune"

Not that I'm a tuning expert by any means, but try camber .8/.8, toe .1/-.1, brakes 47-50/100. Roll bars I struggle with so I can't help with that or Rebound/bump (except that the stock values seem too high every time, for me bump is about half of rebound). Camber normally stays right at .8/.8 unless I'm using tons of aero, then I just adjust while test driving to get even temps across the width of the tires.

• Locked thread