Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

McSpergin posted:

Lol I did this for 3 years at a supermarket without gloves. There's careful and there's stupid

It's perfectly safe for you if you delegate to junior staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

WebDog posted:

a once swank jazz restaurant slowly crept into decrepitude as biker gangs took over and turned it into a shifty go-go club with a "pink room" and a drive through drug collection spot in the back alley, complete with doorbell.

yes please

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

McSpergin posted:

Lol I did this for 3 years at a supermarket without gloves. There's careful and there's stupid

You're a lucky idiot then!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Whiz Palace posted:

Lidia Bastianich has a recipe for Grandma's Chicken and Potatoes that begins with "rinse the chicken pieces", which I assume is verbatim the way her grandma told her to do it since she doesn't do that in any other recipe.

My Croatian grandmother does the same thing. It's a habit from the old country I'm sure as the plucked chicken has poo poo all over it when you prep the chicken outdoors. I do it because I hate how chicken slime feels. I don't do it with fresh chicken, only with the frozen crap.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Made it a few pages in before I had to post mine. As a foreword, I have changed dramatically, and no longer do or support said actions.

I worked at a few chains and a few higher brow stuff and most of the poo poo I did came from the chains, obviously. The higher brow places were nice, easier and more manageable, but I was still making dick. This is anywhere from McDonald's up to places where people like Alan Alda and NFL players would routinely visit.

Applebee's was the worst of it. When I try to describe the life back then I point to the movie waiting and how I was Dane Cook's character. Not likable, extremely vulgar, and was liked by fellow cooks, not so much FoH people. I was constantly on something. I had worked out how to smoke weed on a smoke break and mask the smell. So I would be out there, with my pipe and whistle on top, smoking weed during a shift and blowing it out with cloves. That would help the "wow that smoke smells different." People and I could point to the package.

If I didn't have weed, or no one else did, I'd deal with the bartender. You know who drinks beer from one of those 64 oz cups through a straw? This guy did. I'd hook him or her up with whatever, hand them the mug with the premise of filling it up with cherry coke and cherries, and in goes beer. Sometimes I got lucky and just had to run GU, dishwasher, but I cooked like that too.

Now the grosser stuff.

I have hosed with people's food. Most of the time because they were being dicks to a girl I liked and stuff. I can honestly say at least once, in my shame, it was because I was just mad that they ordered something I had put away. I felt regret when they took it out, and even now a decade later. They didn't even deserve it, and might have been good people. I stopped loving with food after that.

Didn't stop my coworkers though. I've seen everything from steak slapping fights, to floor chicken, the gross steak slime being washed off and then cooked, and so on. I have dipped my hand in the fryer, never got seriously burned, but I've come close. Especially since I largely gave no fucks and wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

The worst, the absolute WORST was the bucket. The bucket was horrible. And what sucked was it was a rite of passage for everyone who left. If you were a cook and well liked, you got the bucket. The bucket was a collection of the worst stuff anyone could find. If you weren't like much, the bucket would be thrown together in a few hours. Liked a lot? That poo poo has been brewing for a week outside in the Florida heat baby. I've seen blood, mashed potatoes, old food from the dishwasher, jalapeño juice, steak slime, chicken slime, whipped cream, moldy marinara, Pepsi, eggs, dishwasher water, steam water, soap and possibly urine be put into one of These buckets to be dumped on a specified person at a specified time. It was so bad that people knew to either hide the fact that they put in their two weeks or brought in a different set of clothes. And God help you try to hide in your car because that poo poo would be dumped in there too.

I never got the bucket, I would have, but I was fired. You see I was asking the bartender why they need to throw away opened whipped cream bottles if they just got opened right before they closed the restaurant. Hey gave some answer, I said I'm taking this poo poo to the head and full on whipped cream my face hole. I sucked the tube to get those little bits out when my manager, Dale, came out. He saw that part, and said it was time for me to go home. I had been working there more than a year at this point, and someone was stealing beer and whipped cream from the beer cooler. The beer cooler which is under lock and key that only the bartender and he had. So I was his patsy to blame because he saw me eating ge whipped cream to cover up the fact he had been stealing from the company. I think he later got caught shooting up in the cooler too, or that's what I've been told.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Wait, you were actually eating the cream? What a waste of a buzz.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

yo man not really trying to call you a liar or anything but this poo poo reads like some stdh.txt.

but yeah Waiting is a pretty good movie

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If you must wash chicken you're better off just wiping it with a paper towel. That said, don't wash chicken.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The Moon Monster posted:

If you must wash chicken you're better off just wiping it with a paper towel. That said, don't wash chicken.

:v: Tell that to these KFC employees

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Radio Help posted:

yo man not really trying to call you a liar or anything but this poo poo reads like some stdh.txt.

You can choose to believe or not. I don't have a reason to lie either. It's poo poo I experienced at Applebee's in some small hosed up town near Crestview, Fl.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

Radio Help posted:

Any first person narrative that has the explanitory "you see" followed by the action sequence is suspect stdh.txt

Vicodiva has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Sep 19, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I have never actually seen anyone mess with a customer's food once in all the years I've been a cook. Probably because it's a spectacularly stupid idea legally speaking.
The final time ate at a particular Chinese buffet I got to hear them fail their health inspection in the booth behind me (why would you ever have that meeting in view of customers?). They'd been storing their meat on the floor and not separating meat and veg! I learned this as my 2yo was eating a grape :D

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vicodiva posted:

Any first person narrative that has the explanitory "you see" followed by the action sequence is suspect stdh.txt

Granted. That was also on me getting fired from that establishment. I tried to go back and get a job there around two years after but was told I was not allowed back for some reason or another. Ended up going to hooters right down the road.

I also write, video, edit, and broadcast for a living. So that's how it just comes out sometimes. Especially with narratives.

I'm not gonna talk much more on it, but again, believe it or don't. I don't have a reason or a need to impress anyone with my story. This thread just brought up a poo poo load of memories. Like working two line cook jobs (that didn't last), routinely stealing food from work because If you're a cook, gently caress having to pay for your own meals. I also used to get those tin trays and when we had to mop the line at night, I'd routinely skimboard until I fell one time and it hurt pretty bad.

That's all.

Soulex has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Sep 20, 2015

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Humboldt Squid posted:

I have never actually seen anyone mess with a customer's food once in all the years I've been a cook. Probably because it's a spectacularly stupid idea legally speaking.

The only person I've ever known to gently caress with people's food has been a server. she was pissed off at a table so she deliberately dropped their order on the floor in front of the pass, then returned it to the plate and served it to them.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Years ago when I was a server at a Applebee's-like chain called Garfield's, I had these regulars who'd come in a few times a month. Young parents with a few-months' old baby. They were pleasant and friendly, never ordered anything too expensive, but never demanded much of anything.

One slow night, they were gathering their coats to leave and the husband was getting the car while the wife was getting together the car seat for the baby (who was in a high chair). I offered to hold the baby for her while she de-wedged the car seat from the booth. The wife obliged, and was thankful, and I held the cute little munchkin for a moment.

Until the baby puked down the back of my shirt.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Washing raw meat aersolizes and sprays bacteria all over the place and doing so serves exactly zero purpose. It's making a safe process dangerous.

So what happens when you wash your hands afterwards?

(I've never washed a piece of chicken in my life, and I had no idea that was a thing)

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

You're a lucky idiot then!

Well not really, half the staff did it as well. The slicers we used had a safeguard where you can't open the blade for slicing if the carriage is pulled back for cleaning so most of us would leave the carriage open to stop it opening, we would clean the whole thing down top to bottom then spray the blade with sanitiser and run it with a fresh cloth to make sure it covered all surfaces. The only time people cut themselves is if they left the blade open to clean and they rarely lasted long, we had more injuries with the cheese knives than the slicer lol

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I don't have any good food service job stories but here's a customer perspective one that haunts my forever. Me and some friends were eating in Zippys, a local restaurant chain, and a few tables away a couple just plops their baby on the table after they finish eating. They start changing the kid then and there, lovely diaper and all right on the table. The only cleaning they do is throwing the diaper in the trash can, leaving their kid's rear end on the table for the entire duration until they put the clean diaper on. Then they leave. The entire time none of the staff asked them to take this to the bathroom changing stations, and as long as we were there no one washed the table. We left after we saw another group sit at that table, unsure if we should tell them it had just had a lovely rear end rubbed around on it. I've seen this happen a bunch of times in different places too and I really wonder if it's just a local thing or if there are people all over who can't walk like ten feet to the bathroom to wipe their kid's asses and have to do it around people who are eating.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Rudager posted:

(I've never washed a piece of chicken in my life, and I had no idea that was a thing)

The same thing, but much, much less so. Reason being, your hands aren't made of raw meat, just covered in some residue. Well, okay, they are made of raw meat, but you know what I mean rear end in a top hat. Point is the whole idea of this sanitation hullabaloo is to keep the bad germs off of and out of peoples, so you gotta wash your hands.

To sum up:

Rising Meat = Lots of bacteria sprayed everywhere for no good reason.
Washing Hands = Far fewer bacteria sprayed for the good reason of getting them off your body.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nuebot posted:

Baby poop

Even more off topic. I once saw a woman change a kids diaper on a bus, wad it up and say something to the guy across the aisle. The guy then opens his window and she shoots it across the bus, over his lap, out the window and down a canyon. Good shot and all but really? This was in Bolivia on a local bus between towns but even still.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

I work at Zippys and this and a bunch of other stupid poo poo happens a lot, on both sides of the counter.

Hamburger patty falls to the floor? No one saw, throw it on the grill.
Someone cancelled an order? Put it to the side and reheat it when someone else orders that. Sometimes it'll sit there for hours. Especially teri beef.
Cooks running their hands through their hair, or wiping sweat off then grabbing something, bare handed, immediately after.
The aforementioned diaper change by customers and on one occasion, a supervisor. On our loving break table.
Sometimes our rice cooker decides to not work, leaving us with half cooked rice. Solution? Throw some in a plastic pan, throw a wet towel over it, and microwave it. Just any towel from anywhere in the kitchen. Doesn't matter what it's been used to wipe down.
No one cleans anything so there's a solid inch of grease caked onto the sides of most things.
The dishwashers do everything half-assed so there's always some kind of crap left over in the pans.
The reach in freezer accumulates a solid 2 inches of ice around the top edge. There was dead lizard frozen in there on more than one occasion.
There's this crazy homeless lady that wanders in sometimes. Yells at customers or hits them with the bathroom key depending on her mood. Supervisors don't say a word to her, oh no. They choose to hide in the back and make me kick her out.

Granted, I work in Kalihi and the area is a toxic shithole but drat.

Needless to say, I don't eat there anymore due to a combination of the disgusting poo poo I see and I'm tired of the loving food.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Rudager posted:

I personally don't handle raw meat with my bare hands whenever possible. Gloves are super-cheap and worth it for removing that whole hassle. Buuuuut if I have to for whatever reason I'll have a sanitizing solution at the ready in a bucket sitting on the floor. Working in food makes you super-paranoid about cross-contamination because it's hammered into your head that you're going to kill someone if you don't do your thorough diligence.

With all that said, handwashing stations are nowhere near food prep surfaces for that exact reason. It becomes trickier for the home cook since kitchens can be super small (like mine which is more or less a walk-in closet) but it's not that complicated.

Skippy McPants posted:

To sum up:

Rising Meat = Lots of bacteria sprayed everywhere for no good reason.
Washing Hands = Far fewer bacteria sprayed for the good reason of getting them off your body.
Also you should be keeping one hand out of the mix so you can dispense your antibacterial soap onto your contaminated hand which you should be doing before you turn on the water. :chef:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Yeah, thats a major difference. You soap your hands up good, it solves the problem. No one is soaping their chicken.

Right? Please tell me no one is soaping their chicken.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I store my chickens in a jar filled with disinfectant.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Chicken: The Pufferfish of the West.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My kitchen is separated from my bathroom by a 10 foot hallway. If anyone needs to wash their hands while standing in the kitchen or while cooking, gently caress you, you walk to the goddamn bathroom to do it.

Of course, my horrible food poisoning during my honeymoon is the prime reason I'm super careful about food prep, and also why I don't eat at Hard Rock Cafe anywhere anymore. I ate the burger, my wife ate the chicken, that's the only difference in what we ate in a 36 hour time frame, and my food poisoning starts 6-8 hours later, we know where the food poisoning came from.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
You are proooobably not going to get food poisoning because someone washed their hands in the kitchen while cooking. I would be surprised if that has ever happened.

Also, why would you want someone with gross chickeny/otherwise filthy hands to turn the bathroom doorknob and taps? Now you've just spread food germs into places they shouldn't be. Then someone else goes and touches them and next thing you know your house is filled with evil chicken bacteria on all surfaces and you die from salmonella.

Unless you make them wipe down the bathroom surfaces afterwards, in which case maybe google OCD and go from there.

To contribute, one of the most :stare: things I ever saw was at a McDonald's in Rhode Island, where my family had stopped during a long drive. While waiting in line, we saw a worker cleaning that area where they put the french fries to salt them (no idea what it is called). She was spraying cleaner on it. While a bunch of fries were right there. Nice blue cleaner misting allll over the poor waiting french fries, and the worker gave no fucks.

We complained to the manager when he came out of the back, but he just kind of shrugged and told her to stop. We left and ate somewhere else.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

kizudarake posted:

My kitchen is separated from my bathroom by a 10 foot hallway. If anyone needs to wash their hands while standing in the kitchen or while cooking, gently caress you, you walk to the goddamn bathroom to do it.

Sounds very efficient to leave the kitchen every time you need to wash your hands off after every single plate you make.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Yeah, you don't have soap in the kitchen? :wtc:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Novum posted:

Sounds very efficient to leave the kitchen every time you need to wash your hands off after every single plate you make.

I never wore gloves for the very fact I had a sink behind me. Well on Fryside at least. When I worked with more raw chicken and poo poo like that at hooters, I made drat sure to wear gloves cause that poo poo smelled nasty. But at Applebee's it was mainly fries, salads, deserts, frozen chicken stuff. Nothing mind boggling gross.

My buddy actually found out he was allergic to shellfish by having a shrimp shell poke through his glove as we were unfucking it from it being in a giant block of ice. It started to swell, and we didn't know why till later.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
He'd never eaten a prawn or oyster or whatever before that?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Outrail posted:

He'd never eaten a prawn or oyster or whatever before that?

I don't know. I honestly have no idea.

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.

Nuebot posted:

I don't have any good food service job stories but here's a customer perspective one that haunts my forever. Me and some friends were eating in Zippys, a local restaurant chain, and a few tables away a couple just plops their baby on the table after they finish eating. They start changing the kid then and there, lovely diaper and all right on the table. The only cleaning they do is throwing the diaper in the trash can, leaving their kid's rear end on the table for the entire duration until they put the clean diaper on. Then they leave. The entire time none of the staff asked them to take this to the bathroom changing stations, and as long as we were there no one washed the table. We left after we saw another group sit at that table, unsure if we should tell them it had just had a lovely rear end rubbed around on it. I've seen this happen a bunch of times in different places too and I really wonder if it's just a local thing or if there are people all over who can't walk like ten feet to the bathroom to wipe their kid's asses and have to do it around people who are eating.

How the hell can you be unsure? lovely baby rear end ON table, you tell people!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chronologically, my worst experiences were:

Pizza shop, I'm showing a new trainee how to make dough. After the huge Hobart mixer has been doing its thing a while, I say "okay, the dough should be ready when it looks like this and feels like this." There's a little window in the guard where you can safely feel the dough while the machine is working. "Yep, feels good, right?" He feels it. "Okay, now we can take it out." He REACHES IN TO GRAB THE DOUGH. I hear the worst muffled snapping sound. Next week the kid comes back in with a cast on his hand, and can do barely nothing. Eventually, he disappears.

Same shop: before I was even hired the pizza shop lost fryer privileges because the landlord was a little displeased when they set the corner of the property on fire during Super Bowl. Now wings were par-fried in another location and baked to temp in pans in the pizza oven. So here we were, Superbowl again, and our pans are literally overflowing with wings. I'm transporting what was easily 60 hot wings from the oven to the saucing table when... I feel hot grease on my hand. A coursing, searing river of hot grease. I manage to put all the wings down, and clean the burn which blisters FAST. And they won't let me go home, so I walk the gently caress out.

Different pizza shop, we somehow end up in the weird position of cutting pepperoni with culinary scissors to make bits for calzones, despite there being industrial food processors down the hall a bit. This is unsafe in small amounts, but becomes unfathomably dangerous if doing an entire full-size cambro. Suddenly, instead of pepperoni I see a chunk of skin land in the cambro. My fingertip was gone! Nothing where my print used to be but a pink anus overflowing rapidly with red.

Since then, it's just been the standards. Kid comes in stoned to work and doesn't use safety gloves OR the guard on the slicer. People grabbing hot pots. Idiots leaving knives in the dishwater.

The funniest one to me was when they had me take a food safety course, even though I was certified already, "just to be sure" and then started paying even LESS attention to my advice about food safety. Like, telling me to wash romaine that fell on the floor and put in back out to sell. Telling me to put out braised pork to heat up that hadn't actually cooled entirely from close the night before. Freaking out about having to throw all the stuff in a freezer out because it was slightly open overnight, even though literally nothing rose above freezing temperatures. Why did you subject me to a second course if you're just going to pretend I'm making poo poo up to be difficult?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Well you see if you do a food safety course then anything you do is safe, you have a certificate to prove this. Thus, the things that used to be unsafe are now safe as long as you, the one with a food safety certificate, does it. If anyone else does it it is unsafe, but still acceptable.

You can switch 'food safe' for 'work safe' certification and the above still applies.

Source: I have worked with managers and supervisors in a number of industries.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Very correct, seeing as the manager telling me to do those things was ALSO certified. But he's ALSO been fired, so there's that.

Oooh, reminded me of another one: Second pizza shop (which is a very neat, clean, high-traffic chain) we had just finished frying up 20lbs of each type of wing and put them out on the hot case. We're not open yet, mind you; we have a few more minutes. Suddenly, a huge dude in a power wheelchair wheels up to the hot case and looks at the wings with hunger and irritation.

"Just a moment sir," we all say, "Matt is grabbing the utensils for you." Matt, true to our word, was darting back from the dishroom with a bin full of tongs.

Matt is roughly two paces away when obese wheelchair guy decides he's waited long enough. Two huge, meaty paws reach into searing hot wings, dump them into to-go containers, and then he scrapes his hands--front and back--onto the tray runner before speeding off towards the payment area. A manager closely followed him.

But the lot of the crew stood around asking each other what to do. I couldn't believe it. The obvious answer is THROW OUT THE WINGS. MAKE NEW WINGS. This isn't baffling!

Outrail posted:

You mean sterilize them in hot oil for a few seconds?

Actually a majority opinion in the fifteen seconds before I said "are you serious" despite all the problems inherent with the solution.

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Sep 23, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You mean sterilize them in hot oil for a few seconds?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I don't know if this completely fits in with the theme of the thread but I couldn't figure out any place better. Besides, having worked in the food industry myself, the worst part is almost always the customers. This certainly speaks to that horror.

Trying to find a location for the Chicago Chipotle corporate office, I stumbled upon a website that listed the corporate headquarters for many companies, including Chipotle’s HQ in Denver. I like Chipotle more than the average fast food place, and I thought the general consensus was that most Americans were on board too, so the 2.0 ‘average’ rating and 449 total reviews really surprised me. This is just some random website, why are there so many reviews?

Because of people like this:

Shirley has berated some poor Chipotle employee MANY times about the hardness of her brown rice. Shirley is very serious about brown rice.

A cup of meat just doesn't cut it in the Kids Meal for this discerning consumer. HERRIBLE

Anonymous delivers a stream of consciousness complaint that says goodbye on its way out. Five stars indeed.

Again, this is just some random website on a corner of the internet. It is not Chipotle run or likely even checked by Chipotle…EVER. It’s like Ginger expects Mr. Chipotle to ring her up and help - she also ends with three question marks to show not even she knows where she wants the food to go.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

:shrug:

And this is all from Page 1...of 23. I certainly do not miss having to deal with customers.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

TracerBullet posted:

I don't know if this completely fits in with the theme of the thread but I couldn't figure out any place better. Besides, having worked in the food industry myself, the worst part is almost always the customers. This certainly speaks to that horror.

Trying to find a location for the Chicago Chipotle corporate office, I stumbled upon a website that listed the corporate headquarters for many companies, including Chipotle’s HQ in Denver. I like Chipotle more than the average fast food place, and I thought the general consensus was that most Americans were on board too, so the 2.0 ‘average’ rating and 449 total reviews really surprised me. This is just some random website, why are there so many reviews?

Because of people like this:

Shirley has berated some poor Chipotle employee MANY times about the hardness of her brown rice. Shirley is very serious about brown rice.

A cup of meat just doesn't cut it in the Kids Meal for this discerning consumer. HERRIBLE

Anonymous delivers a stream of consciousness complaint that says goodbye on its way out. Five stars indeed.

Again, this is just some random website on a corner of the internet. It is not Chipotle run or likely even checked by Chipotle…EVER. It’s like Ginger expects Mr. Chipotle to ring her up and help - she also ends with three question marks to show not even she knows where she wants the food to go.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

:shrug:

And this is all from Page 1...of 23. I certainly do not miss having to deal with customers.

I might get kicked out of the office because I can't stop laughing at these.

The worst thing that happened in my brief food service career was being forced to put out rotten cheese and tell customers with was blue cheese. When I refused, I got fired. I don't feel too bad about it.

edit: Is "herrible" a portmanteau of "horrible" and "terrible?" I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF Food Industry Horror Story: HERRIBLE

• Locked thread