Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I didn't take a pic of it but I saw someone who admitted they had their child taken away from them by the state. Why would you put that on a dating profile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Business Gorillas posted:

I didn't take a pic of it but I saw someone who admitted they had their child taken away from them by the state. Why would you put that on a dating profile?

So you know they like to have a good time. YOLO

naem
May 29, 2011

paco650 posted:

it's probably blendr or one of the other 100000 awful location-based gently caress Apps.

I literally have one on my phone that's just for dogs.

bitches

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Here is my profile. Any help would be appreciated.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what was it like having Brendan Fraser play you

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Groovelord Neato posted:

what was it like having Brendan Fraser play you

He wasn't hairy enough.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

quote:

You should message me if
You can say something to make me laugh and aren't going to frustrate me with small talk.

Seriously, if you can engage me in a normal conversation without the weirdness of trying to date me, you'll probably end up on a date with me. All this forced conversation is just awkward. And obnoxious.
i literally don't know how to send a message to this person

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You don't

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

its too late, i shitposted at her :radcat:

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Icebreakers is forced conversation

hard to not make it awkward over the internet, at least in real life you can say poo poo like nice hair or I like your shoes to get it going

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lufiron posted:

Icebreakers is forced conversation

hard to not make it awkward over the internet, at least in real life you can say poo poo like nice hair or I like your shoes to get it going

i was having a talk with someone last night and icebreakers/small talk is basically the "eat your broccoli" of social interactions

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I literally rewrote my profile with 90% content from this very thread.

I'm sure to get dates now that I have expert posts on my side!!!!

Lufiron posted:

Icebreakers

This literally used to be a thing on okcupid. They'd have you blind-message people with the answer to some prefabricated question with the purpose of striking conversation between two totally un-vetted strangers. It didn't last.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

paco650 posted:

This literally used to be a thing on okcupid. They'd have you blind-message people with the answer to some prefabricated question with the purpose of striking conversation between two totally un-vetted strangers. It didn't last.

Coffee Meets Bagel suggests you do this, at least I think they still do

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

the west coast is practically cheating

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Why are so many of these types of people single?????

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Shumagorath posted:

Was this written by a child

By a 14-year-old maybe?

No actual adult talks like this

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

By a 14-year-old maybe?

I envy your ignorance.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BottledBodhisvata posted:

By a 14-year-old maybe?

Username? :pervert:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Not aggressive or rich-sounding enough for San Francisco, not depressed or Asian enough for Seattle. Apparently college educated, but still confident enough in their own mental illness to crack self-aware jokes about never bathing. Maybe Portland? I'd need to see a picture.

EDIT: If she's SHAMEFULLY white, Portland. If she's half white, half latin, and identifies as some off-the-wall 300 year old term for Mexicans living in California, probably LA.

taking all bets

DOUBLE EDIT: I have a friend who unironically calls herself a "Mestizo descendent" and I'm getting a similar vibe off this profile.

im cute fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 19, 2015

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

when i see that is someones honest attempt to date someone, i think of the best/hardest/worst/most useful dating advice anyone ever gave me...

maybe you should stop and work on 'you' for a while

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bacon Hat posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > okcupid.txt: maybe you should stop and work on 'you' for a while

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

paco650 posted:

Not aggressive or rich-sounding enough for San Francisco, not depressed or Asian enough for Seattle. Apparently college educated, but still confident enough in their own mental illness to crack self-aware jokes about never bathing. Maybe Portland? I'd need to see a picture.

EDIT: If she's SHAMEFULLY white, Portland. If she's half white, half latin, and identifies as some off-the-wall 300 year old term for Mexicans living in California, probably LA.

taking all bets

DOUBLE EDIT: I have a friend who unironically calls herself a "Mestizo descendent" and I'm getting a similar vibe off this profile.

That's LA af

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
If I heard someone describe themselves as a " mestizo descendant" I might involuntarily slap them across the face.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

paco650 posted:

taking all bets

Bonus round!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"ethnicity: native american"

please, please tell me she looks like Becky Barbie AF in her profile pic and is balls deep up on some Cherokee Great Grandma Syndrome

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I don't like these people

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Bonus round!

Midwest, maybe even southwest college town, but actually attending community college. 3 units/semester, all electives. How close am I?

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
Read through a fair bit of the thread and have learned endless new words to categorise my sexuality as precisely as possible.

I now identify as a pangender binary androphile cyborg

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
:nws: don't expand but why are you reading this at work?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I have all the things she couldn't live without
Holla girl

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I've been hooking up with this girl from OKC for a bit, she likes Rick and Morty and let's me play with her butt, and she plays with my butt too.

A real success story imo

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

where's the "but..."

also okc seems slow as hell today and I can't load pictures past the first one :ohdear:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

it was a p. good weekend, goons.

we went to a touristy place in my 'burg and after she's like "hey instead of doing dinner do you want to just head back to your place and chill?"

:henget:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Another slow news day, another OKCupid article.
How OkCupid helped him find his geek love

Article needs a new title, because it had like 2 sentences about his 'geek love' and the rest is about a girl who he broke it up with because she wasn't. Maybe it's some sort of "How I met your mother" thing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Life is too short to be jacking off to cumpilation vids over the holidays and feeling sorry for yourself if you're lonely. hope your bits get played with and you get to play with someone else's bits in the future. namaste

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Found someone who identifies as a libertarian in the first 10 words of her profile and is currently an aspiring actress in Cleveland.

Best of luck

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
Googled one of the terms and found demisexual. No idea what it means but sounds pretty badass

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It means you can only get off with Demi Moore. Very specific fetish.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nicomo posted:

Googled one of the terms and found demisexual. No idea what it means but sounds pretty badass

What does half-sexual even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Some chick just showed up in my quickmatch feed wearing that horse mask.

• Locked thread