Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the problem is that people would feel obligated to do the combat all the time in order to be 'efficient,' and so the same problem would arise.

The real solution is pretty simple: stop treating it like a SRW game. Balance the amount of enemies, their tankiness, and the flow of the game around the systems you have, not the formula for an entirely different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Project X Zone should've just been Super Robot Wars with game characters instead of robot anime. But then you have to decide who is the Mazinger Z equivalent.

(Segata Sanshiro)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a secret to playing Plague Knight? I downloaded it on my 3DS, and I can only play the base Shovel Knight.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Beat the game as Shovel Knight first.

Alternatively: http://yachtclubgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/PlagueKnight_SECRETCODE.png

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have a character in New game +, do I have to beat it again?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I don't think so, it just auto-unlocked for me at the title screen when I booted the game after the update. Just enter the code then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anora posted:

I have a character in New game +, do I have to beat it again?

Someone in the Shovel Knight thread said the unlock is based on the "Victory" feat and there was a bug in the vanilla where it didn't give it to you. Regardless just enter in the code no one will make fun of you for doing it.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Champeenship posted:

Huh, Chrom, Lucina and Xenoblade's Fiora were confirmed for Project X Zone 2 just now.

Robot Fiora or human Fiora?

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Man, my 3DS battery literally exploded and got all puffy, I finally got around to getting it replaced and am enjoying playing games like that new Pushmo one, and I was thinking of trading up for the new 3DS since mine's kind of beat up anyway. I like all the special editions and poo poo, but they are unleashing my inner sperg in that I don't know which to get (I like the smaller 3DS because it fits in my pocket and is the same size as the DSLite, but I like everything else about the bigger one.) and I'm like "Oh that design is cool, but so is that one!" It doesn't really matter though, since they sell out basically within an hour of when they're announced.

But I want to get the new Fire Emblem game, so I was thinking I would get the bundle with the console but those faceplates are literally the ugliest things I have ever seen. All the other special edition faceplates look cool and stylish, but the Fire Emblem ones are literally just a poorly cropped image of all the anime characters.

Devoyniche fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 19, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Anora posted:

Is there a secret to playing Plague Knight? I downloaded it on my 3DS, and I can only play the base Shovel Knight.

I had to start a game in a new slot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

shaitan posted:

Robot Fiora or human Fiora?

She's teamed up with KOS-MOS so I think you know the answer.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

ImpAtom posted:

I never played Xenosaga so I never heard of it before. But I shall assume that means it's Robot Fiora

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's hilarious that they are spoiling her existence considering how long the whole "CALL THEM SEVEN" thing lasted.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

gmq posted:

I think it's hilarious that they are spoiling her existence considering how long the whole "CALL THEM SEVEN" thing lasted.

Incidentally the way people were keeping it a secret made it incredibly obvious that it was her.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Srice posted:

Incidentally the way people were keeping it a secret made it incredibly obvious that it was her.

People still tag it as if it's some great big surprise in an anime to bring back a "dead" character.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Devoyniche posted:

Man, my 3DS battery literally exploded and got all puffy, I finally got around to getting it replaced and am enjoying playing games like that new Pushmo one, and I was thinking of trading up for the new 3DS since mine's kind of beat up anyway. I like all the special editions and poo poo, but they are unleashing my inner sperg in that I don't know which to get (I like the smaller 3DS because it fits in my pocket and is the same size as the DSLite, but I like everything else about the bigger one.) and I'm like "Oh that design is cool, but so is that one!" It doesn't really matter though, since they sell out basically within an hour of when they're announced.

But I want to get the new Fire Emblem game, so I was thinking I would get the bundle with the console but those faceplates are literally the ugliest things I have ever seen. All the other special edition faceplates look cool and stylish, but the Fire Emblem ones are literally just a poorly cropped image of all the anime characters.

Get an XL, then find a decal you like. They hold up really well and you could always change it later (though for like $20 you probably don't want to do it that often).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My god.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gently caress man. Next we're going to get Mario & Luigi, Zelda & Link, Samus & Captain Falcon.... why the hell has Sega not thrown in Sonic in this game yet?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3cqKxfxaw

Here's an Unseen 64 video about the Kid Icarus Wii game Factor 5 wanted to do.

Talk about a bullet dodged.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
what a handsome Pit

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

codenameFANGIO posted:

I had to start a game in a new slot.

Didn't work, had to use the code.

Plague night is rough to control, any tips on how to get past that bug on a plateau reliably?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You mean in the very first level? Double jump then use the charge thing, I forget what it's called, then you just spam the attack button until you reach the ladder. You hover a bit in the air when you attack so you can use that to carry you right over that ledge.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

A pretty cool and nice guy is selling a NEW 3ds bundle for pretty cheap:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742634

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

being plague knight is fun because i just get to float and vat past all the silly platforming gimmicks that killed me when i was shovel knight

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

epsilon posted:

A pretty cool and nice guy is selling a NEW 3ds bundle for pretty cheap:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742634

ew
an XL

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

put Miku in Project X Zone

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Miku's already in Super Robot Wars, just put her in it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The original 3ds did not sell well. Once they made the XL it started to sell. Therefore non-XL 3ds is bad.

Thank you for your time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought the 3DS sold badly because it was overpriced and there were no games

Once it got a price cut + MK7/3D Land came out I bought one (then I bought an XL and a New XL because I'm extremely good at spending money on video games)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

AfroLine posted:

what a handsome Pit

The premise though...like what reason would Palutena have to kick Pit out of Angel Land in the first place?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought the 3DS sold badly because it was overpriced and there were no games

Once it got a price cut + MK7/3D Land came out I bought one (then I bought an XL and a New XL because I'm extremely good at spending money on video games)

It was also uncomfortable as gently caress with sharp corners and a teeny screen that was only suitable for little people.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The premise though...like what reason would Palutena have to kick Pit out of Angel Land in the first place?

Asked God what the gently caress he was doing with the Middle East.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

epitasis posted:

put Miku in Project X Zone

where the gently caress are Link and Sheik and the rest of the Smash Bros cast

where's SMASH TACTICS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tecmo has confirmed that Hyrule Warriors Legends will only use stereoscopic 3D on New 3DS... I guess that explains why it's relatively faithful to the Wii U version.

They also confirmed the Wii U versions of the Wind Waker characters will be distributed via a code in the box of the 3DS version, so you'll be able to just give the code away to someone if it's of no use to you.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I picked up LBX. It is a fun game.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This thread is making me want LBX real bad. I shoulda snagged that Fry's coupon when I had the chance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This thread is making me want LBX real bad. I shoulda snagged that Fry's coupon when I had the chance.

It's really fun. I hope they release the other two games on the 3DS :allears:.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Flynn Taggart posted:

Better be good.

I lurk the Vita thread, when has this ever stopped you from getting a game :v:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's really fun. I hope they release the other two games on the 3DS :allears:.

Got a copy for my 10 y/o bro and I and we're having a blast, he's moving through the game like 4x as fast as me though :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Teenagers are the best for piloting LBX, so if you're already behind when he's 10...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Catrap turned out to be a fun little game for a 1990 gameboy VC release. Are there any other dirt cheap puzzles with lots of levels on eshop?