Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Interesting, turns out people who love the roguish "charmer" in stupid outfits get really defensive and insecure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Interesting, turns out people who love the roguish "charmer" in stupid outfits get really defensive and insecure.

:ironicat:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Are you talking about this?

TwoPair posted:

I think his current look is alright but yeah I have no idea what the hell that costume is trying to do.

Norns posted:

He still looks cool :colbert:

redbackground posted:

It not Gambit, it you.

That's "defensive and insecure"?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Still a prick.

Kramjacks posted:

That's "defensive and insecure"?

Yes.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Still a prick.

Yes.

Are you an alien???

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

mind the walrus posted:

Still a prick.

Yes.

lol get off the Internet

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Wasn't Gambit supposed to be player 6 in the X-Men arcade game but then replaced by Dazzler at the last minute to balance out the female representation?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Cangelosi posted:

Wasn't Gambit supposed to be player 6 in the X-Men arcade game but then replaced by Dazzler at the last minute to balance out the female representation?

All I know is that the X-Men arcade game was loosely based on Pryde of the X-Men, which didn't have Gambit in it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cangelosi posted:

Doubtful, the rest of the cast is squarely the late 70s/early 80s versions of the characters and Gambit was really not a big part of the X-Men until a few years later. I'm not sure him and Dazzler were even on the team at the same time.

There was supposedly a hack to that game that replaced Dazzler with Jubilee and changed a few sprites to be more 90s X-Men appropriate, and I'm pretty sure Gambit was part of that. But that might just be an urban legend. I can't find any screens of such a thing with a few moments on Google.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Alacron posted:

All I know is that the X-Men arcade game was loosely based on Pryde of the X-Men, which didn't have Gambit in it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot of the art assets are directly from that. Perhaps the voice samples too, it's been some time. And man, I totally thought both were several years older than 1992. I couldn't have been already twelve when they came out? I thought they were firmly 80s products...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thankfully, Wolverine does not sound Australian in the arcade game.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Screenshots of Facebook game Tiny Mighty Heroes Unite.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That artist is a little too horny.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

please do not fatguy kinkshame.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Where are Badger and Professor Eggs

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It's Wolfie and Mind Reader.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

Professor Eggs

That's "Ivo Robotnik" to you, buddy

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Holy poo poo, I'm cracking up over Sabretooth just being renamed to Sabertooth. The perfect crime. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Screenshots of Facebook game Tiny Mighty Heroes Unite.

smh

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Cease and desist.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Haha, I just noticed the name of the player is "Not Ghost Rider".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sizone posted:

Cease and desist.
I just looked at the skill icons and a third of them are ripped straight from Blizzard.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

World of Marvelcraft.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Read back through a whole awful loving of Morrison's stuff lately. Doom Patrol will probably always be my favorite due to nostalgia and sentimentality and stuff but, honestly, this last read through left me kinda cold. Like, the arcs all seem really rushed and without planning or focus and the bad guy is almost always the end of the world. The Flex Mentallo mini is my new fave though, it's hard to beat Frank Quietly art, it's got the same basic message as the Filth, only executed more cleanly and concisely and it has a strange autobiographical charm which grounds the gently caress out of Morrison's psychedelic oddness.

Anyway

How could you love anybody the way you loved Thundergirl?

Flex Mentallo #3

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sizone posted:

Read back through a whole awful loving of Morrison's stuff lately. Doom Patrol will probably always be my favorite due to nostalgia and sentimentality and stuff but, honestly, this last read through left me kinda cold. Like, the arcs all seem really rushed and without planning or focus and the bad guy is almost always the end of the world. The Flex Mentallo mini is my new fave though, it's hard to beat Frank Quietly art, it's got the same basic message as the Filth, only executed more cleanly and concisely and it has a strange autobiographical charm which grounds the gently caress out of Morrison's psychedelic oddness.

Wrong thread, sorry.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I do enjoy Morrison's work being described as "a whole awful loving."

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

...how drunk do you need to get to end up on another planet?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Thankfully, Wolverine does not sound Australian in the arcade game.

I'm assuming you don't know what thankfully means.
Especially given everything else about the Arcade game's voice acting.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm assuming you don't know what thankfully means.
Especially given everything else about the Arcade game's voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAmkx8eAos

It's a work of art.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The best thing was that the game was remastered like 5 years ago on digital formats and decided to give all the characters new voice work.
Said new voice overs still repeated the same horrifically broken English from the original version.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I spent 5 or 10 dollars buying the x-men arcade game for my phone just so I could hear colossus's YEEAAAARRGGHH again. I have not once attempted to play it for real.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Ignite Memories posted:

I spent 5 or 10 dollars buying the x-men arcade game for my phone just so I could hear colossus's YEEAAAARRGGHH again. I have not once attempted to play it for real.

You could have just gone here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's not as good as the Dungeons & Dragons arcade game, but it's still a lot of fun with a couple friends. Just don't pick Nightcrawler, I'm always Nightcrawler.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cangelosi posted:

well, at least he isn't wearing yellow fishing waders.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Cangelosi posted:

Pretty drat drunk.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cangelosi posted:

You could just get punched really hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

It's not as good as the Dungeons & Dragons arcade game, but it's still a lot of fun with a couple friends. Just don't pick Nightcrawler, I'm always Nightcrawler.

It's a Konami beat-em-up, so obviously it's not gonna reach the heights of a Capcom beat-em-up.

Though I still think Technos were the real kings.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Cangelosi posted:

Ask Dave Lister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Great Farscape Puking Collage, from Farscape #4