Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

COOL BLACK PERSON: so what kind of music you into?

me, hiding ipod full of anime ops beneath caserole: oh, you know... indie stuff... i like, uh, foreign stuff.

COOL BLACK PERSON: oh, like gangnam style?

me, as weight of caserole presses down on 'play' button and cruel angel's thesis can vaguely be heard through the dense macaroni: y, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

COOL BLACK PERSON: so what kind of music you into?

me, hiding ipod full of anime ops beneath caserole: oh, you know... indie stuff... i like, uh, foreign stuff.

COOL BLACK PERSON: oh, like gangnam style?

me, as weight of caserole presses down on 'play' button and cruel angel's thesis can vaguely be heard through the dense macaroni: y, yeah.

this is unrealistic. cool black people don't care about my opinions

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

every sentient creature is able to form an opinion and that opinion is valid even if it's literally the stupidest bullshit ever.
naw thats something white people tell themselves to make themselves feel better

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this is the part where i jack your backpack with your fight stick in it

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

this is what would happen if I tried to pretend like my opinion mattered to a cool black person

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/macklemore/status/60825944700616704

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

Lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that is the greatest tweet ever

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its okay to have anime music on your ipod

its video game soundtracks that are the shameful poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

*sweating*

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

sorry, someone said it was poo poo before you said it was decent, so goon opinion has been decided.

It's more that I can't state what the Catch 22 problem of book 2 is, because anyone who read the spoilers can make a reasonable guess what the answer to that problem is, so it loses a lot of its momentum I guess. Still, it's an enjoyable ride in seeing the characters bounce off each other though. Except Goldov, he just mostly sits in the corner being sad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

:(

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

:laffo: is this real

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Endorph posted:

*sweating*

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i put the necrodancer soundtrack on my spotify playlist, i'm not ashamed to admit it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Video game soundtracks are good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Stairmaster posted:

b-but the lisa ost is so good! :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Stairmaster posted:

Well poo poo

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

macklemore has a great producer that he ruins by basing entire songs around that one time he thought he was gay when he was 8

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

nobuo uematsu makes some pretty dope music

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Radio Spiricom posted:

twist my fingaz was sick. i also believe in yg

The best YG is early 2000's YG Family. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

macklemore has a great producer that he ruins by basing entire songs around that one time he thought he was gay when he was 8
one time i kind of found a dude hot. *wins 70 awards, everyone praises him for fighting for gay causes*

*gay musicians aren't even nominated*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Budget Prefuse posted:

what

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the album of the year is the new belle & sebastian

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Admoon posted:

:laffo: is this real

this one is presumably a reference to an immortal technique song but devoid of context it is also really funn y https://twitter.com/macklemore/status/4085475013

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

they arent free to say it because it has implications outside of subjective music and probably means they're a racist

you're free to say stuff but arent free from the consequences

the moment you accept the ability to voice any thought you accept the possibility of being looked at one way or the other based on such a thing

Mintergalactic posted:

every sentient creature is able to form an opinion and that opinion is valid

nope an opinion is not immediately valid the moment it is formed, you are entitled to have it but it doesnt mean its valid. im of the opinion that water is actually a very deadly conncotion that will horribly kill you so i drink nothing but Fanta

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

one time i kind of found a dude hot. *wins 70 awards, everyone praises him for fighting for gay causes*

*gay musicians aren't even nominated*
macklemore spends so much time apologizing for everything white ppl have ever done and speaking on behalf of minorities he definitely has no right speaking for im starting to think he's some kind of elaborate troll. especially after showing up dressed as a god damned jew and then saying he had no idea it was a jew costume

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every year that has a new b & s release, its the aoty. except 1998, p4k biatch!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

ive literally never listened to a single macklemore song (other than clips of thrift shop) whats his deal why is he so popular

----------------

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

the only kpop thing i care about is g-dragon copping a young thug flow on his verse here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKD03uPVD-Q

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Reminder that Macklemore called up Kendrick after he won best rapper of the year or w/e and kept telling him that he should have won instead. how pathetically lame lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this is the album of 2014, i thought it was 2015 but i got the year wrong :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20_EjzuStaw

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

you're free to say stuff but arent free from the consequences

the moment you accept the ability to voice any thought you accept the possibility of being looked at one way or the other based on such a thing

nope an opinion is not immediately valid the moment it is formed, you are entitled to have it but it doesnt mean its valid. im of the opinion that water is actually a very deadly conncotion that will horribly kill you so i drink nothing but Fanta

valid on an individual basis is what I was referring to, I didn't do a very good job of conveying it sorry. you're right in that others are free to reject an opinion, and in some cases definitely should, but if someone genuinely believes that water's gonna kill you that opinion is valid to that person

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

i put the necrodancer soundtrack on my spotify playlist, i'm not ashamed to admit it

some selected songs from twewy on my mp3 and i cant even muster a care

----------------

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I'd love to get a call from some white guy who just won best rapper of the year for no good reason tell me that he's so embarassed and I should have won instead.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Reminder that Macklemore called up Kendrick after he won best rapper of the year or w/e and kept telling him that he should have won instead. how pathetically lame lol
thats the most offensive thing hes done so far

Radio Spiricom posted:

the only kpop thing i care about is g-dragon copping a young thug flow on his verse here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKD03uPVD-Q
g-dragon keeps amazing me by being the biggest biter in all of music

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

macklemore spends so much time apologizing for everything white ppl have ever done and speaking on behalf of minorities he definitely has no right speaking for im starting to think he's some kind of elaborate troll. especially after showing up dressed as a god damned jew and then saying he had no idea it was a jew costume
he's the rap equivalent of the dude who shows up to every LGBT meeting at a college and makes the conversation all about him even though he is none of those letters

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i thought everyone didnt like macklemore and now everyone loves this other white guy rapper named lil dickie

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
snoop dogg looking at me wide eyed as i show him the beastin beats of TWISTER -GANG MIX-

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

this is the best kpop thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZa4yre0uEk

its amazing

• Locked thread