Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lisa Goddard is a great person, I hope crazy conservatives don't send threats to someone I actually know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

After he died it took a bunch of turd pushing gays on ships to save western civilization too.

Sparta was also the gayest of the Greek city states anyway

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mister Bates posted:

Freep is fascist, full stop. Not all American right-wingers are fascist, not even all American extreme right-wingers are fascist in the traditional sense (a lot of hardline rightist movements don't really qualify as 'fascist' unless you use an extremely broad definition of the term), but Freep as a community is straight-up fascist. The only thing that sets them apart from the rest of the white-supremacist/dark-enlightenment/neo-Nazi Internet community (/pol/, Stormfront, the Daily Stormer, Tradyouth, etc.) is that Freep is a small, insular clique of lazy old people who don't do anything.

Leonidas lost the battle and died.

Someone also needs to explain what a mullet is to freep. Trump does not have a mullet

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
:getin:Trump to CNN: 'I love the Muslims':getin:

quote:

To: ScottWalkerForPresident2016

hahaha....Trump is a master at Alinskying....now, methinks he is practicing Taquiya

11 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:27:13 PM by goodnesswins (hey..Wussie Americans....ISIS is coming. Are you ready?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

If Trump is not smart enough to understand that Islam means to destroy Western Civilization, he is not smart enough to be POTUS!

No longer will I support Trump!

17 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:30:07 PM by Taxman (H. L. Mencken correctly observed: Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man.)

quote:

To: Taxman

It is obvious to anyone with an IQ above room temperature that Muslims are a threat and have been a threat for centuries.

It is depressing that our schools and colleges are brainwashing students so they actually believe “Muslim Americans” are an important segment of our country.

33 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:39:13 PM by ladyjane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #45 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #50 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #56 Removed by Moderator

quote:

I don’t love Muslims. They’re extreme and they hate America. They’re not part of the American family.

Trump wants to keeps out Hispanics but they don’t hate us but he wants us to love Muslims who do.

Here’s he’s out-doing Hillary in Islamo-pandering. I’m sick of it.

59 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:53:39 PM by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)

quote:

To: Catsrus
Exactly. It's like they want candidates who believe most of the things they believe to be painted as intolerant xenophobes. Or they're trolls, which is equally likely.
78 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:01:00 PM by JennysCool (My hypocrisy goes only so far)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]

quote:

Maybe his next wife will be Muslim.

91 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:09:09 PM by garjog (Obama: bringing joy to the hearts of Terrorists everywhere.)

quote:

If you could snap your fingers and rid the world of Muslims or illegal South Americans, which would you pick?

ISLAM IS 1000 TIMES THE PROBLEM OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION(GENERALLY SPEAKING).

Trump is a weak, ignorant coward who just lost my vote. See tagline.
98 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:18:13 PM by bramps (I'm voting for the guy in N.H. who asked Trump about Muslims.)

quote:

Comment #120 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: JoSixChip
Instead of opening yet another can of worms he decided to defuse it, just like the Carly face comment.

That was my immediate thought as well.

The Fiorina comment was nothing but crude. He should have apologized. The question in New Hampshire was nothing but FACT. Trump cowered. The ignorance level here concerning Islam is off the charts.

Trump's numbers would be exploding if he spoke Truth to power about the disease that Is Islam worldwide. Now he's done.
124 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:37:17 PM by bramps (I'm voting for the guy in N.H. who asked Trump about Muslims.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #130 Removed by Moderator

quote:

I love Muslims too. Christians are supposed to love their enemies.

140 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:53:06 PM by castlegreyskull

quote:

Comment #141 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: Steelfish

Get real. Trump is saying nice things to an idealistic teenager. Then He gets back on Trump One and says no Muslims no way to his staff.

146 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:58:00 PM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mmogamer
Not all muslims are bad. The cigar shop I frequent is run by a Jordanian muslim, and he is the nicest person I know.

Don't be naive - you don't know him.

ALL Muslims are taught, accept and believe that non-Muslims deserve slavery or death.

All. Muslims.

All.
148 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:59:56 PM by Talisker (One who commands, must obey.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Talisker

I agree. They all hate you and your family. At thr first opportunity thry will murder you all. People who trust moozlums are naive fools.

153 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:04:04 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 148 | View Replies]

quote:

To: null and void
this worshiper of the god of mohammad and ishmael.

Oh, you mean the Nazi Moon God.
185 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:55:57 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (Celebrate "Republican Freed the Slaves" month.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 175 | View Replies]

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yes. YES. Consume the one you loved mere hours ago! Soon the great shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage shall be given form!

So now that Trump's a RINO, who's left for the freep hatewagon to latch their undying support to? I thought they denounced everyone except Cruz when the Trump love was flowing?

Randalor fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 20, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's taqiyya. Trump has to pretend to like Muslims to trick the liberal media, but once he gets in power he'll do everything I want like kill all Muslims in America.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

They’re extreme and they hate America. They’re not part of the American family.

Oh the irony

quote:

To: Talisker

I agree. They all hate you and your family. At thr first opportunity thry will murder you all. People who trust moozlums are naive fools.

153 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:04:04 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 148 | View Replies]

I actually worked for one, best boss I ever had. Always had something nice to say, paid me well for the type of job, great guy to be around

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 20, 2015

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

SocketWrench posted:

I actually worked for one, best boss I ever had. Always had something nice to say, paid me well for the type of job, great guy to be around

Oh you NAIVE FOOL

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

You know, on average I see no less than 3 or 4 girls wearing hijabs at school. Are they waiting for the opportune time to decapitate me? :ohdear:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Thump! posted:

You know, on average I see no less than 3 or 4 girls wearing hijabs at school. Are they waiting for the opportune time to decapitate me? :ohdear:

They could be part of the recon wave. Fool you into thinking they're not Jihad-crazy and then (and for some reason ONLY then) will the veil come off. :commissar:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

So Bill Maher said that he agrees that Muslims should be racially profiled, and the police were right for thinking the clock was a bomb. Which Glenn Beck was quick to jump on as proof that he isn't crazy. Jesus christ.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Well it's not as if Bill Maher being a huge piece of poo poo is anything new.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

VitalSigns posted:

True, but isn't it usually in the other direction?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

change my name posted:

True, but isn't it usually in the other direction?

Not with followers of Islam in Bill's eyes.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

change my name posted:

So Bill Maher said that he agrees that Muslims should be racially profiled, and the police were right for thinking the clock was a bomb. Which Glenn Beck was quick to jump on as proof that he isn't crazy. Jesus christ.

quote:

To: EveningStar

God I hate when I agree with Bill Maher.

23 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:14:25 PM by Jim from C-Town (The government is rarely benevolent, often malevolent and never benign!)

quote:

To: EveningStar

don’t agree with Bill very often but he is spot on with this analysis

39 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:47:41 PM by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

quote:

To: 1riot1ranger; wjcsux

Please see my post #38 on this. When it comes to opposing radical islam, Maher is consistent, fiercely consistent.

He is unique in Hollywood in that regard. He is, in fact, so fierce on the issue I'm surprised no one has tried to do him harm.

41 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:52:27 PM by Leaning Right (Why am I holding this lantern? I am looking for the next Reagan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Beck isn't the only one.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Here's Freeper 2ndDivisionVet laying out exactly why Ahmed can't be innocent: innocence itself is part of the ploy to get the Western world to let its guard down.

quote:

To: blackdog; EveningStar
“Welcome to ISIS 101, kids. Make things that look exactly like suitcase bombs, but just don’t have any explosives. That way, people will stop reporting suspicious-looking IEDs.”

Yes, this is about the kid getting arrested for a clock.

This genius has been all over that thread shouting about SUITCASE BOMBS (it’s a pencil case) and BOMB TIMERS (clocks) that look NOTHING LIKE A CLOCK (numerical display and commercial circuitboard). This was the post where he rounded the bend from Wrongsville into Crazytown.

Welcome to ISIS 101, kids.

Today’s Lesson: How do you get people to lower their guard.

Step 1) People have been told, “If you see something suspicious report it, call 911.”

Step 2) Start making people report stuff that looks like it might be an IED, but turns out it isn’t. Make things that look exactly like suitcase bombs, but just don’t have any explosives. But they should have timers, and wires and digital readouts - everything except the C4. Call them “clocks.” Or “inventions.”

Step 3) Do that repeatedly, and start bashing the people who made the reports. Make them feel like fools for crying wolf. Ridicule them for calling 911. Make them appear to be complete idiots. Make them look Islamaphobic. Call them out. Get them fired from their jobs if you can for calling the cops. Get Barack Obama to call them out and make them seem like fools. He’ll help. He’s on our team.

Step 4) That way, people will stop reporting suspicious-looking IEDs.

Step 5) Now you can bomb grade schools with complete impunity, because citizens will be too afraid to call 911 to report suspicious looking packages. They won’t want to look foolish. They won’t want to be called out by President Obama. Happy hunting!

Thus endeth the lesson.

11 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:49:44 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (TED CRUZ. You can help: https://donate.tedcruz.org/c/FBTX0095/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
This is some serious "A plea of innocent is guilty of wasting my time" grimdark poo poo.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Finnankainen posted:

:getin:Trump to CNN: 'I love the Muslims':getin:

quote:

quote:

I don’t love Muslims. They’re extreme and they hate America.

59 posted on 9/19/2015, 8:53:39 PM by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
:black101:they're extreeeeeeeeme :black101:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Feinne posted:

This is some serious "A plea of innocent is guilty of wasting my time" grimdark poo poo.

Innocence proves nothing :commissar:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Randalor posted:

Yes. YES. Consume the one you loved mere hours ago! Soon the great shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage shall be given form!

So now that Trump's a RINO, who's left for the freep hatewagon to latch their undying support to? I thought they denounced everyone except Cruz when the Trump love was flowing?

They turned on Trump about a month ago, actually. The current thread title is referring to him.

I think their current go-to is Walker or Cruz.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"It can't be a clock, it doesn't have a slick display, and the circuit boards are showing!"

What does he think normal electric clocks are, clock fruit picked from a clock tree, requiring only a polish before it's ready to tell the time by sunspots and witchcraft?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Tias posted:

It's even worse than that. Innocence proves guilt.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Here's Freeper 2ndDivisionVet laying out exactly why Ahmed can't be innocent: innocence itself is part of the ploy to get the Western world to let its guard down.

The "Thus endeth the lesson" never ceases to crack me up. It's rare to see it used un-ironically like this though, it's really a cherry topping a sweet post.

Thus endeth the post

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

"It can't be a clock, it doesn't have a slick display, and the circuit boards are showing!"

What does he think normal electric clocks are, clock fruit picked from a clock tree, requiring only a polish before it's ready to tell the time by sunspots and witchcraft?

This year's harvest is looking excellent. We probably won't be able to pick all of them unless we hire some illegal immigrants to do it for $.03 a bushel.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Man, I could go to Goodwill and get so many suitcase bombs minus explosives for like a dollar each :eyepop:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

VitalSigns posted:

I wonder if it was actually something he thought, or if he's just defending his side right now because muslims can never be seen as innocent.
I mean that was some outright jumping the gun over nothing bullshit even for Texas

Tias posted:

That smilie couldn't be more right, this is some Red Scare Communism poo poo

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 20, 2015

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I know a Muslim cardiologist. I should have known he's just been trying to keep real Americans alive long enough until they can be properly beheaded.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Georgia Peach posted:

I know a Muslim cardiologist. I should have known he's just been trying to keep real Americans alive long enough until they can be properly beheaded.

They're practicing their invasion of the heartland :tinfoil:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:golfclap: Does that mean if they're an Ob/Gyn, they're practicing their invasion of the motherland?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Georgia Peach posted:

They're implanting ticking time bombs!!!!! :frogsiren:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Tias posted:

Wasn't there some dumbass troll who admitted to using an old freep account to post literal 40K quotes as comments, and got people to agree with him? I want to say it happened. These people are so far gone they fit right into a over the top parody that helped create the term "grimdark."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

DeusExMachinima posted:

Wasn't there some dumbass troll who admitted to using an old freep account to post literal 40K quotes as comments, and got people to agree with him? I want to say it happened. These people are so far gone they fit right into a over the top parody that helped create the term "grimdark."

I think that was someone trolling Conservapedia, not Freep. There's not a whole lot of difference between the two, to be fair.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

DeusExMachinima posted:

I know that happened on the Tea Party Community site, where it was sometimes rewritten slightly to sound more Christian.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I think that was someone trolling Conservapedia, not Freep. There's not a whole lot of difference between the two, to be fair.

Conservapedia pretends to be populated by conservative intellectuals (when Andy's not in "best of the public" mode), whereas Freep is as anti-intellectual as they're anti-most everything else.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Icon Of Sin posted:

There are some, but they're subtle and mostly in the reaction to the objects of hatred. Conservapedia has much more rationalization to its hatred, trying to scientifically prove atheism, homosexuality, Islam et. al. are wrong, for one. It's more rational to Freep's more emotional responses to situations, in style.

Freep also has a lot more contributing members so it tends to have more varied voices, especially women. Conservapedia is a sausage fest compared with only one vaguely regular female editor. The style of Conservapedia is mostly dominated Conservative's 17 citations and see-also links or Andy's flat statements of fact. Freep tends to have more humor, with freepers at least attempting to tell jokes. The humor section of Conservapedia is dominated by Conservative and thus looks no different from his serious articles.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
In the end they're just both places for like minded people to bitch about everything they don't like and ban anyone who says otherwise.

Too bad Freedombook/Reaganbook never took off to see the crazy, but it was fun to watch it get slaughtered every time it tried. The excuses for why were just as hilarious as freep and conservapedia's excuses for failure too

Also laughing at the fact that since Ahmed being a bomb builder and his pencil case clock looking exactly like a bomb being obvious bullshit, now they're wasting effort trying to show how he's really a dumb kid that just took an existing clock and stuck it in a new box...

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 21, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

In the end they're just both places for like minded people to bitch about everything they don't like and ban anyone who says otherwise.

Too bad Freedombook/Reaganbook never took off to see the crazy, but it was fun to watch it get slaughtered every time it tried. The excuses for why were just as hilarious as freep and conservapedia's excuses for failure too

Also laughing at the fact that since Ahmed being a bomb builder and his pencil case clock looking exactly like a bomb being obvious bullshit, now they're wasting effort trying to show how he's really a dumb kid that just took an existing clock and stuck it in a new box...

Oh they saw the crazy, just no the crazy they signed up for

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

SocketWrench posted:

It's some sort of escalation of the story and I don't get it. Are different people claiming different parts? Because it seems that literally every single facet of the story has to be falsified.

Ahmed* is a 16-year-old* high school student* who aspires* to join NASA* who came to school one day* with a digital clock* of his own invention* and was unfairly* targeted by staff and police* for his Muslim-sounding name* and was later invited* by Obama* and NASA* as compensation* for his* mistreatment*.

Like, you think it'd be easier just to let this situation play out naturally rather than engineer literally every single molecule of the situation and the response.

Just because one thinks one part is fishy, every part must be a lie? Did any of it actually happen? Is Ahmed real? Is Obama real?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Poor li'l Ironicat is getting overworked... :ohdear:

Why Americans are uncomfortable voting for a Muslim for President

quote:

To: cynwoody
Yep. Muslims have a religious obligation to replace “man’s law” with “God’s law” (Sharia).

12 posted on September 21, 2015 at 07:31:29 GMT by Hugin ("First thing--get yourself a fire"arm!" Sheriff Ed Galt, Last Man Standing.)

quote:

To: Catsrus
Yup, that’s basically what Ed Straker is saying: No muslim leader has any courage to embrace the social pluralism. Thus, no American will vote for any of these muslim leaders.

3 posted on September 21, 2015 at 07:03:24 GMT by Vision Thing ("Community Organizer" is a shorter way of saying "Commie Unity Organizer".)

quote:

To: Vision Thing
Because they think women are inferior?

17 posted on September 21, 2015 at 07:46:44 GMT by donna (Pray for Revival.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
And here I thought Freep wanted man's law to be replaced by God's law.

• Locked thread