Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

this is the worst character sprite i've ever seen in a videogame

edit: and no, I do not cameo in any videogame. I checked.
TURN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING SCREEN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

she's wearing a skirt

so?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

That's off-gassing from the big water factories

All the water factories... on Maunakea... in Hawaii...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

I've learned my lesson though, I'm going to stop watching all LN anime as they air except for -monogatari, and only check out the buzz about them when they're over

I attempted that for a while, but then I missed out on anime like SNAFU.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
There's a praying mantis over here again. It's standing under my computer monitor and trying to claw at the power button.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the ending to rokka sounds hilarious but i dont like the concept of a character being brainwashed into loving another character

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

You should consider doing that for all anime.

It's definitely something I have considered. I still enjoy talking about shows as they air though I'll probably just stick to stuff I'm personally really excited for, and wait it out with things that are getting good word of mouth in their early episodes.

Endorph posted:

well i mean, it's not like a bad ending can make you retroactively not have enjoyed those past 11 weeks' worth of eps while you were watching them.

Yeah, though every time I think about the show afterwards it's impossible for me to not think of how incredibly lame it was and I don't like that being the dominant memory of the show.

It's rare that I feel an ending is so bad it ruins a lot of the experience for me, but this is one of those times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

can boom boom boom posting about gender be a probateable offense? thx mod

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

There's a praying mantis over here again. It's standing under my computer monitor and trying to claw at the power button.

give her a cricket

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

boom boom boom posted:

And they do, just look at Noel.

She's my wife.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

who actually reads and takes the reviews on mal seriously

I've never not taken them with a grain of salt, but there are a couple shows I've been interested in where mal reviews were the only words I could easily find about them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

I've never played Blazblue, I always thought Noel was just a Bridget rip-off. I looked it up and it turns out I was wrong.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

I attempted that for a while, but then I missed out on anime like SNAFU.

I'm glad that there was a second season since that's when people really started talking about it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

I've never not taken them with a grain of salt, but there are a couple shows I've been interested in where mal reviews were the only words I could easily find about them.

You should've asked here, we'l make words about any anime

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Time to go and bike, later all

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had a not-negative rokka post i was gonna :justpost: but told awful to scrap it. i just want the talk of it to be over, i guess

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bad girls, bad girls, whatcha gonna do?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

boom boom boom posted:

I've never played Blazblue, I always thought Noel was just a Bridget rip-off. I looked it up and it turns out I was wrong.

Nah, Noel is a way more bizarre character than Bridget.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

bad girls, bad girls, whatcha gonna do?

whazzat, is it good?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

my name's davincie and im getting salty over MAL reviews

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

whazzat, is it good?

Bambi to Dhole

too early to tell. there's lots going on though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

the only similarity is that they're blonde

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

my name's davincie and im getting salty over MAL reviews

just calling something bad isn't salty ya failtard

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

You should've asked here, we'l make words about any anime

They're older shows that probably passed under the radar, so even here I usually get very little. The Girl Who Leapt Through Space (only one poster saw it, said was good), Requiem From The Darkness (Wark Say was the only poster to have seen and remember enough to say anything), NieA_7 (snail said it was good after i had started watching), and Hakaba Kitaro (nobody has said anything abt it that I've seen).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

the only similarity is that they're blonde

they got the same color scheme and similar cloths, and they're both fighting game characters too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

they got the same color scheme and similar cloths, and they're both fighting game characters too
they do not have the same clothes

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i think the second half of this song is the only song i really like on rodeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHIUK8m4gk&t=146s
it just seems way more genuine than the forced kid cudi DARK LONER vibe the rest of the album has going on. also it has a quavo verse and im obsessed with quavo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

They're older shows that probably passed under the radar, so even here I usually get very little. The Girl Who Leapt Through Space (only one poster saw it, said was good), Requiem From The Darkness (Wark Say was the only poster to have seen and remember enough to say anything), NieA_7 (snail said it was good after i had started watching), and Hakaba Kitaro (nobody has said anything abt it that I've seen).

I really need to watch NieA_7. Lain owned, Haibane Renmei owned, so NieA_7 probably owns too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

whazzat, is it good?

lots of things going on in it though

-delinquent boy
-kid being raised by the delinquent (he's the father, possibly)
-the mc is adopted
-the mc is the class monitor
-the mc is also a secret delinquent??
-the mc already has a boyfriend??????

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

Bambi to Dhole

too early to tell. there's lots going on though

if it gets good tell me

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

why would you want to imitate kid cudi. hes making freaking grunge albums now

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I really need to watch NieA_7. Lain owned, Haibane Renmei owned, so NieA_7 probably owns too.

The first half was really good, I should be able to finish it this week.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

just calling something bad isn't salty ya failtard

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

From a few pages ago but:

K. Flaps posted:

I love her. I never really got though why the guy necessarily wants their relationship to be a secret.

This is "a thing" in Japan, to hide the fact that you are dating in middle/high school. I'm not really sure why except that "it's embarrassing" and it might make you stick out?

The Colonel posted:

I like Japanese soda bottles.

Those are actually a type of candy, not actual soda bottles. They may have a chapter in that Dagashikashi manga?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

z0glin Warchief posted:

This is "a thing" in Japan, to hide the fact that you are dating in middle/high school. I'm not really sure why except that "it's embarrassing" and it might make you stick out?

Don't some sschools have rules against dating, because they think it's a distraction from studies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

• Locked thread