Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

I actually called a rep on the phone last night to chat about it. The girl on the phone was very confused about all of this and gave me some half-assed advice that if my phone doesn't support Apple Pay then I won't be able to get it to work at all. I'm not sure this is accurate, or maybe it is for right now, but it's not the end of the world.

Yeah, you definitely are supposed to be able to add a card via the watch regardless of your phone's ability to support Pay. I'd blame Capital One on this and maybe try it later.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

It must be some glitch with the Capital One Wallet app. The Apple Watch app asks me to switch over to the CapOne Wallet app to verify, but it just opens like I opened the app normally and nowhere in the app is there any option to verify a card. I think because the app is configured to only work with a 6 or 6 Plus maybe? Definitely not an Apple thing.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Sounds like it. The 2 cards I added just asked to text me a verification code which I then put in the apple watch app. Both issuers have apps on my phone and neither tried to go them.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

ShoogaSlim posted:

It must be some glitch with the Capital One Wallet app. The Apple Watch app asks me to switch over to the CapOne Wallet app to verify, but it just opens like I opened the app normally and nowhere in the app is there any option to verify a card. I think because the app is configured to only work with a 6 or 6 Plus maybe? Definitely not an Apple thing.

Had this issue but now I do not. Not sure what else happened except I did the 9 beta. Perhaps a wipe.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Is the WatchOS2 update now TBD with no estimate? Seems like there has been no word from Apple.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

rage-saq posted:

Is the WatchOS2 update now TBD with no estimate? Seems like there has been no word from Apple.

Pretty much. I can't imagine they want to delay this any longer than absolutely necessary, delaying an announced ship date for one of your major software platforms is pretty embarrassing.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:
I really want this update to come out so I can see if my issue with wrist detection is fixed or if I need to take it to an Apple Store.

The watch stopped recognizing my wrist once before and I did some elaborate fuckery with switching wifi on and off and removing and putting the watch on in a certain order and it worked last time.

This time the "fix" has stopped working, and I don't want to turn off wrist detection because it's half the watch. Anyone else having this problem or had it in the past?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Getting my Apple Watch sometime this week. What kinda fuckery can I do. Give me lists but not links to tech websites b/c gently caress em

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Getting my Apple Watch sometime this week. What kinda fuckery can I do. Give me lists but not links to tech websites b/c gently caress em
- Spend a few days going through notification settings to get things how you like. Not 100% on it but I think if something it set to make a sound, it'll ping you on the watch, while other notifications will silently go to the tray without tapping you.

- Put the phone on silent forever since you won't need sounds from it anymore. Watch too if you want complete silence cause you can rely on the taps alone fine.

- Look at the time.

- Look at and ignore notifications/people faster than ever.

- Send stupid elaborate animated emoji to unsuspecting normal phone owners.

- Get frustrated by third party app/glance speed/functionality and delete most of them. If you find apps you find useful, you might want to try switching the watch raise setting to last app rather than watch face. Like I use Clear for my shopping list and it was semi useless on the watch before I changed that setting.

- Force press places to see if there's stuff, like in the notification tray it gives a "clear all" button (...that you'll wish the iPhone had, although I guess the 6S will probably have it with 3D Touch?).

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

noirstronaut posted:

http://www.apple.com/watch/guided-tours/

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

noirstronaut posted:

PM me your Apple ID so I send you dickbutt doodles.

Karki
Feb 3, 2006

Who needs pussy?

noirstronaut posted:

Remember that actually opening an app through the app screen is last resort. Use regular notifications, complications, and glances as much as possible. 3rd party apps especially are near unusable, but that may change when we get OS 2.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Is there a way to get the passbook app without going to the app screen, I use that probably 90% of the time.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

LorneReams posted:

Is there a way to get the passbook app without going to the app screen, I use that probably 90% of the time.

Double tap the power button.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

bobfather posted:

Only opens Apple Pay cards, doesn’t show the rest of the stuff from Passbook Wallet.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

japtor posted:

Only opens Apple Pay cards, doesn’t show the rest of the stuff from Passbook Wallet.

Tap on the other cards. Then it shows them.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

bobfather posted:

Sonic Dude posted:

Tap on the other cards. Then it shows them.

Are you guys just guessing or what? Double-tapping the Side Button brings up your Apple Pay card and nothing else in your Wallet. Tapping or swiping the screen does nothing. Your only option at that point is to push the Crown or Side Button again to go back to your Watch Face.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The new OS is supposed to show other cards, e.g. Walgreens rewards cards.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

The new OS is supposed to show other cards, e.g. Walgreens rewards cards.

Nope just tried it on the 2.0GM, you can switch between payment cards but not regular wallet cards.

vv Ah so it adds some rewards cards as payment cards instead of the old style passes vv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 21, 2015

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
:iiam: was just going by the web site

Use more cards with Apple Pay.
Apple Pay lets you make credit card payments right from your wrist. With watchOS 2, you can now make purchases with your Discover card or store credit cards, like Kohl’s Charge. You can also add rewards cards, like Walgreens Balance Rewards and Dunkin’ Donuts DD Perks, and receive and redeem rewards using Apple Pay.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Are you guys just guessing or what? Double-tapping the Side Button brings up your Apple Pay card and nothing else in your Wallet. Tapping or swiping the screen does nothing. Your only option at that point is to push the Crown or Side Button again to go back to your Watch Face.

Nope, that's what I get for having this thread and the iPhone thread open in tabs. On the phone, you can tap the other cards to bring them up — you appear to be correct about it only working with Apple Pay on the watch though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Where's the update, Tim?

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Consummate Professional posted:

Where's the update, Tim?

It's actually supposedly out as of 13:00 today.

Sadly all I get is "Unable to check for Update"

:(

Kenderama fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 21, 2015

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Consummate Professional posted:

Where's the update, Tim?

Looks like it's out now! Can't update until I get home

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am excitedly installing this major os update that in all likelihood will not make a bit of difference to me.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Kenderama posted:

It's actually supposedly out as of 13:00 today.

Sadly all I get is "Unable to check for Update"

:(

If you are getting the above - reboot your phone. Found this on another site and it worked for me as well. Downloading now.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Downloading the update now with :lol: About 3 hours remaining :lol:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ShoogaSlim posted:

Downloading the update now with :lol: About 3 hours remaining :lol:

6 hours for me.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
is watchos2 availaible for ios9.1 beta or should I just downgrade?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

gohmak posted:

is watchos2 availaible for ios9.1 beta or should I just downgrade?
I'm not seeing 2.0 and I'm on the 9.1 beta, that might be why. I'll give it until tomorrow before I think about downgrading to 9.0.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'm on 9.1 beta and currently downloading watchOS 2

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm on 9.1 beta and just installed os2. No problems so far.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I did that update a couple weeks ago (beta) and I do not remember the verifying step taking a long time. Anyone else seeing that?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Even after the slow download, the update itself took a comicly long time.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

gypsyshred posted:

Even after the slow download, the update itself took a comicly long time.

Not sure why that is but this is taking forever. It's still on verifying.

Edit : Did a reboot on the watch and it finally prompted me to install on the watch. So, if it's stuck verifying restart it and retry. The watch will buzz when ready and then you can unlock it and tap Install.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 21, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I won't be getting a new iPhone until Friday so I was wondering if I could borrow an iPhone, restore from a backup, pair with the Apple Watch, and then reset the iPhone completely and still use the Apple Watch for simple mail tweet etc stuff.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Kenderama posted:

If you are getting the above - reboot your phone. Found this on another site and it worked for me as well. Downloading now.

Haha, that happened to me, and indeed a reboot fixed it. Didn't even google it first because all I could hear in my head was "HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN".

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

SLOSifl posted:

I'm not seeing 2.0 and I'm on the 9.1 beta, that might be why. I'll give it until tomorrow before I think about downgrading to 9.0.

delete the watch beta profile in general/profiles then reboot the watch. You don't have to downgrade.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 22, 2015

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Ok, so Complications: workflow, darksky for me. What else is worth a look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

gohmak posted:

delete the watch beta profile in general/profiles then reboot the watch. You don't have to downgrade.
Yep, I ended up removing the profile. The upgrade took forever but so far so good.

• Locked thread