Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

EazyBreezy posted:

I actually like MLW Radio...is that bad?

The last one with MSL getting buried by Court and Konnan was actually hilarious to me.

I occasionally listen to Bauer and Pollack as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave breaking down the Diaz story was interesting as well. He has like, 0 sympathy for Diaz.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can't seem to download or play anything at the site this past week and if I do its like minutes after I open the page it'll finally try to download. Has this happened to anybody else

I open the page and the podcasts just sit at 0:00

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This might be a dumb question but have you checked you are logged in? A few days ago my mobile connection seemed to reset/the cookie expired or something because I was only downloading index files and realized I'd been logged out.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

I'm surprised he talked himself out of CMLL doing another million dollar gate next year with Atlantis's mask on the line once again

Rush's hair has gotta be of comparable value to Sombra's mask so I don't get that

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

This might be a dumb question but have you checked you are logged in? A few days ago my mobile connection seemed to reset/the cookie expired or something because I was only downloading index files and realized I'd been logged out.

Tried logging in and out and it doesn't help. I'll just email them since i'm using Paypal

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The new MLW podcast is... uh... MVP, Alex Greenfield, and Alice Radley. I don't know if this is an upgrade from MSL.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LordPants posted:

Dave breaking down the Diaz story was interesting as well. He has like, 0 sympathy for Diaz.

Does this post imply people should?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

LordPants posted:

Honestly, I'm in full agreement with Dave. He broke the rules many times, and even if the rules are stupid, you have to follow them. The punishment for a third weed failure based on the new rules is three years, and he got five. Dave says the extra length was dumb, since it makes Nick a martyr, and I agree as well.

NSAC - three ain't enough, he needs five.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Does this post imply people should?

There have been some people who have seemingly taken the very simplistic approach of,"He got five years just for smoking some weed!" as opposed to,"He got five years for repeated, brazen breaking of the rules with multiple warnings given at every step of the way that he would get bigger and bigger punishments each time."

Of course NSAC screwed up by giving him such a lengthy ban because even if the guy is basically the architect of his own demise, it seems like they overstepped their bounds pretty significantly and demonstrated some personal bias which is gonna allow him to appeal/overturn the ban in some way. I imagine even if it had been 3 years (which it would be if it had happened under the current rules?), more people would have just shrugged and said,"Well those are the rules, nobody to blame but himself."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

There have been some people who have seemingly taken the very simplistic approach of,"He got five years just for smoking some weed!" as opposed to,"He got five years for repeated, brazen breaking of the rules with multiple warnings given at every step of the way that he would get bigger and bigger punishments each time."

Yeah this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

He's Right

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan has no idea that vaginas have nerve endings

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

He did this rant four years ago, how has his wife not smartened him up?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jerusalem posted:

I agree with this and I am a stoner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave and Bryan are trying to figure out what the Queen's Crossbow name for Cody's finisher could mean, and whether it's to introduce another character down the road or something.

It's a reference to Oliver Queen (the Green Arrow), coming out of his little feud with Stephen Amell :cripes:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
well it is a dumb name and I don't know why Green Arrow would use a crossbow

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

well it is a dumb name and I don't know why Green Arrow would use a crossbow

Maybe he just got loving lazy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

This is legitimately my favorite Bryan-ism, and I hope both that he never learns and that he manages to surround himself with people who also have no idea what a vagina is for all time.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

is this on B&V or what, i have to hear this idiocy again

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

CVagts posted:

He did this rant four years ago, how has his wife not smartened him up?

This debate came up earlier this year, and he said on the board that his wife agrees with him, and that's why he's so adamant.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I hope Bryan's right and not Dave on the Taker/Lesnar feud. Three matches is plenty.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

mkay0 posted:

This debate came up earlier this year, and he said on the board that his wife agrees with him, and that's why he's so adamant.

maybe she was talking about whales

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao I didn't realize Ryan from Cumberland called in to After Dark too

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

epitasis posted:

If they did a show about crochet, Ryan from Cumberland would call in with something to say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

I hope Bryan's right and not Dave on the Taker/Lesnar feud. Three matches is plenty.

Bryan is right. The promos for HIAC explicitly said 'their final match' or something to that effect.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bryan is right. The promos for HIAC explicitly said 'their final match' or something to that effect.

That's what the promos said, sure, but this is also a company that gave us Rock/Cena Twice in a Lifetime.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OGB posted:

That's what the promos said, sure, but this is also a company that gave us Rock/Cena Twice in a Lifetime.

I mean they could go back on it, sure, but this wasn't worded ambiguously or anything.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean they could go back on it, sure, but this wasn't worded ambiguously or anything.

Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter

Just as unambiguous imo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The one with MSL getting buried is hilarious. The "VIP Lounge" is unlistenable though. MVP sounds like he's calling in on a tin can and string and Greenie sounds like he's in a bathroom.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

epitasis posted:

This is why I stopped listening to After Dark. Also a string of bad guests at one point just soured me on it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Luigi Thirty posted:

The "VIP Lounge" is unlistenable though. MVP sounds like he's calling in on a tin can and string and Greenie sounds like he's in a bathroom.

Plus the first 15 minutes (and maybe beyond? I turned it off) is Mad Max: Fury Road talk.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ahahaha Konnan says MSL tried to convince him that it's okay to say nigga because Jews are oppressed

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Good Listener posted:

This is why I stopped listening to After Dark. Also a string of bad guests at one point just soured me on it.

Ryan from Cumberland on after dark is always an absolute mind gently caress

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Court Bauer seems determined to surround himself with the biggest idiots he can find.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

Ryan from Cumberland on after dark is always an absolute mind gently caress

I checked out last night's ep because I liked the movie done by the dude he had on (the dude almost made the interview interesting by himself since bryan's questions sucked - I get the distinct impression he hadn't watched the movie) and Ryan's call is worth the price of admission

he thinks if the world ends on 9/23 which I guess is a thing, it will be because CERND is turning the large hadron collider up to "full power" and also they have a 666 in the LHC "logo." also he predictably botches the name of the collider

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

ahahaha Konnan says MSL tried to convince him that it's okay to say nigga because Jews are oppressed

Konnan doesn't get to take the moral high ground when it comes to pejorative phrases.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Muddy Burphy posted:

Konnan doesn't get to take the moral high ground when it comes to pejorative phrases.

He does when it's over MSL.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

Disco raised this point ('you've said worse things than that, dude, and he apologized immediately') and Konnan was just like "I don't care I don't want to hear racism out of some white boy" while calling him a bitch every 30 seconds.

I'm not defending him and I obviously agree with Konnan here but it's true he says stuff that's almost as bad constantly and it gets pretty annoying after a while.

I was listening to Dr. Keith this week (which is the funniest edition ever, IT'S ALL KANECHAT) and I swear at one point 52 minutes in they say something about a movie then "thank you rovert" :eyepop:

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

He does when it's over MSL.

Yeah, his other criticisms of MSL were right on the money. I don't like Konnan's occasional homophobic slurs either, but I'd much rather listen to him than MSL.

• Locked thread