Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Ddin't they already do the connections thing in the old games? You clicked some button saying you 'opened a school' or something and you gained more fans and thats it. I hope it'll be more fleshed out than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Okay now I am pretty hyped!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EA made the faces completely symmetrical. No human face is. I think that's a big reason they look scary.

edit: Are any of you on operationsports?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Inside Outside posted:

Okay now I am pretty hyped!

It's cool the game has colleges in it but I wish they had licensed the rights to more. Missing one of the cover athlete's schools is weird. Pumped for this game, maybe I'll finally play something besides Mario Maker again.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I am counting down like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Only 3 more sleeps now!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a problem with shot blocking on 2K? I'll get Ty Lawson throwing up some weak underhanded poo poo against Ibaka and it won't get close. With all the upgrades to D this year, I'm betting it's better. I pre-order a long time ago, and for some reason thought it came out Oct. 16th, so I was so happy yesterday when I realized I can play all weekend. I might have to delete Destiny so I'm not tempted.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I hope launch goes well :ohdear:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I hope launch goes well :ohdear:

The servers will crash because that's what happens to every game now days

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

ButtWolf posted:

Does anyone have a problem with shot blocking on 2K? I'll get Ty Lawson throwing up some weak underhanded poo poo against Ibaka and it won't get close. With all the upgrades to D this year, I'm betting it's better. I pre-order a long time ago, and for some reason thought it came out Oct. 16th, so I was so happy yesterday when I realized I can play all weekend. I might have to delete Destiny so I'm not tempted.

Players track the ball better this year and instead of ibaka picking a direction to swat at the ball he will try to block the ball directly. The defense looks much improved this year and I honestly think it was the focus of this dev cycle

There is no way that the 2K servers don't melt down at 12am on Friday

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never had trouble racking up blocks, but then again 2k for some reason always made PGs better shot blockers than actual bigs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

The servers will crash because that's what happens to every game now days

Every game not made by Nintendo.

I hope launch for 2k16 goes better than 15. Really excited to do a stacked MyLeague mode with tons of classic teams replacing current ones. Running the '03 Mavs franchise in the modern NBA is going to be a lot of fun. The plan is to keep Nash and trade back for Tyson Chandler. (or offer everything but Nash/Dirk if any franchise wants to trade a HOF center.)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Do you need to pre-order to get those classic teams, or what's the deal

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

morestuff posted:

Do you need to pre-order to get those classic teams, or what's the deal

You get the game early if you preorder, plus some other stuff

No extra teams or crazy stuff like that

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone getting the Jordan Edition? Is the $20 worth the currency and Jordan stuff which I assume you can get ingame later anyways?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm hoping at the very least, offline isn't a shitshow like last year where you literally need to run cheat engine to buy beyond bronze in a skill.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently 2kTV is back this year with some new poo poo, which is cool, it was pretty ok and gave out bonus codes last year so I'm down with that.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Why would you be playing offline?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Because of unreliable servers, in recent as a couple months ago I couldn't play because of server issues so I ended up making an offline profile because I never play multiplayer.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

jabro posted:

Anyone getting the Jordan Edition? Is the $20 worth the currency and Jordan stuff which I assume you can get ingame later anyways?

I think it's probably 'worth it' if you get the physical edition since you get some physical irl items, if you're getting the digital edition the only worthwhile things are the unique card (which is pretty low-rated) and the VC. Not sure how much $ to VC is but I imagine it's quite close in value.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I think 35000 VC was $10 this year, so if you are the type to buy VC anyways it might be worth it for you

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thanks, guys. I think my problem is Shiny New Thing Syndrome. The regular version is probably more than fine.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nice that those who pre-order the game get the rights to beta test the servers over the weekend.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Dexo posted:

Nice that those who pre-order the game get the rights to beta test the servers over the weekend.

Don't worry, the servers will still be majorly hosed from Monday-forever so everyone will get it join in.

If anything the preorder weekend will be better than full release

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So is this game going to use VC again as currency to purchase upgrades/stats? I have like 100k leftover from 2k15. Does that carry over?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

So is this game going to use VC again as currency to purchase upgrades/stats? I have like 100k leftover from 2k15. Does that carry over?

Probably and almost certainly not.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Away all Goats posted:

It does not. I was talking to a tech today.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Did that tech mention if Lillard taps his wrist after clutch 3s or if Wesley Matthews fires off arrows after every 3? This is important.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Important question. Should I get this again for my ps4 or buy it on pc? I do have my ps4 hooked up to a 60 inch tv. My computer is pretty beast as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ps4 for multiplayer, pc for mods

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hook the PC up to the TV

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

PS4 now, PC when it goes on sale and the mods are actually out

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Speaking of PC I wonder when the preload is gonna start.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

Hook the PC up to the TV

Not possible. Looks like ps4 is where I'll be again this year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Holyshoot posted:

Not possible. Looks like ps4 is where I'll be again this year.

It's possible, you just don't want to do it :v:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Duggler posted:

2k has some of the best offline content of any sports games. It's right up there with FIFA.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Duggler posted:

My friends and I mainly play the NBA2k series offline. Either we are playing each other in exhibitions or doing GM/League modes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

It's possible, you just don't want to do it :v:

Correct . I only play this game for a month or two then quit. So ps4 will work.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Volkerball posted:

2k has some of the best offline content of any sports games. It's right up there with FIFA.

He means without the online connection stuff like VC, etc, I think. It has the best career mode and league and gm stuff of any sports game for sure.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I get you got to make the cover boys top players(as they should) but making them higher overall than kd is just silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Metapod posted:

I get you got to make the cover boys top players(as they should) but making them higher overall than kd is just silly

KD barely played last year, so I think it's fair. If he has a good year this year I'm sure they'll bump him back up a couple points over the course of the season with their roster changes.

• Locked thread