Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Aliquid posted:

thanks for the heads up, i'm starting to dump at .45

and with that trade, i'm now in the black since i signed up lol

Now you just need to get 5% above your original deposit :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Biden NO is climbing, I think I'm gonna sidle on out of that market with a pretty profit instead of trusting my gut that he's not running.

I would like to do this too but with everyone dumping out at 0.45 it's not gonna go up enough for me to get my money back :smith:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That's exactly what's happening. I sold all my,no shares but two at .45, then refreshed and 100 more .45 shares were available so I got out completely.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Glad that Yes shutdown is finally climbing. I was starting to get a little worried that it was never going up. At least I got a poo poo load of shares in the 20-38 range. I've got groups of shares set to sell over a wide range so as long as the market doesn't think a deal's coming out today I should finally be able to stop kicking my self for not guessing that CNN would cave and change their debate rules.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They added a "biggest movers" category.

I want to dumb my "Bush No Nomination" stocks because I need some liquidity and people might never actually believe he isn't going to win.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
That entire market is going to remain really sticky until at least after the new year.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bush NO was about 60% of my portfolio but I've been slowly liquidating them at a small profit to get more feisty in betting.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
loving walker

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Jan 23, 2016

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not feeling very sturdy anymore, the big things I have left are biden not running and the government not shutting down...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fronz posted:

loving walker

Looks like there's still a few cents you can squeeze out of buying some of the other guys' NOs if you jump on it quick.

Still, the World is a better place for Scotty dropping out.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fronz posted:

It's only 80 cents to buy that Walker will not be the next to drop out (Yes is selling for 38). If that price goes down some more it'd be a steal, no way Kochs give up on him so early.

Lol rip your money

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my loving god he dropped out

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
People who had money in No on Santorum, Pataki, and Jindal must be creaming their pants right now.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Man, I thought Huckabee was the worst, but Walker just cost me 30 bucks. gently caress him.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tinstaach posted:

Man, I thought Huckabee was the worst, but Walker just cost me 30 bucks. gently caress him.

i do a lot of bets that are on other sides of the seesaw between getting money and real-life benefit; for instance, I have money on Bernie not winning Iowa. If he wins, I lose money but I'll still be happy.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fronz posted:

loving walker

I think everyone here agrees that no one could have seen this one coming :rip:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I had 70 shares on him not winning the primary :whatup:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I mean, there were whispers here and there that people jumped on that drove the No shares around 80 cents, which is why I bought in in the first place. But of all the ones that would turn out to not be bullshit...

And some of the traders are lightning fast, it's been an hour or so and all the No shares for everyone else are gone, save for a handful of 99-centers on Graham.

tinstaach has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Sep 21, 2015

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Necc0 posted:

I think everyone here agrees that no one could have seen this one coming :rip:

His campaign was based on screwing over the largest number of people possible. Turns out, that only amounted to trolling a few people on PI.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

I had 70 shares on him not winning the primary :whatup:

I had over 120, bought at .80 and sold at .84 months ago lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

A Time To Chill posted:

His campaign was based on screwing over the largest number of people possible. Turns out, that only amounted to trolling a few people on PI.

Stealing this shamelessly

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

You know, after a few minutes of reflection, I'm comforted by this fact: If someone walked up to me a week ago and asked me "How much would you pay to see Scott Walker drop out with 15 Republicans still in the race?", my answer would be a lot more than what I lost today.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Is there a reason shutdown YES prices dropped so hard again in the last few minutes?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/09/21/senate-republicans-working-on-plan-to-avoid-a-shutdown/

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Bummer.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm pretty sure it's not a bad thing for those holding YES in 'will the government shut down?'. anti-abortionists won't vote for it if it lacks language de-funding PP. and if it does, the senate likely won't pass it, and obama would certainly veto it. there's been no headway.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The house is and always has been where the shutdown is a problem this time. Boehner doesn't have the republican votes to pass a continuing resolution and a lot of people want to oust him from the leadership position, which partnering with Democrats to fund abortions might do.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Jan 23, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does no one even own any shares on Rand Paul dropping out? He's the only candidate with sell offers below 96. Come on and cash out now so I can makes some dimes.

RE: Shutdown chat

The biggest problem of all is that there's only like 4 days left where Congress is even going to be in session before October. I mean, they can get something done but it's sure going to be down to the wire in the best circumstance. We're quickly approaching the point where if Ted Cruz decides to use his Senatorial Privileges to their dickest extent, he'll be able to gently caress it all up on his own.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
People in the comments section on PredictIt have decided that Joe Biden is already running because of these two things at the FEC:

http://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/801/201508249000928801/201508249000928801.pdf
http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=P60012465&tabIndex=1

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stereotype posted:

People in the comments section on PredictIt have decided that Joe Biden is already running because of these two things at the FEC:

http://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/801/201508249000928801/201508249000928801.pdf
http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=P60012465&tabIndex=1

It was filed almost a month ago and there's no finances associated with it :confused:

Or is that the joke

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Uhh

quote:

Joseph R. Biden, Jr. shall become a candidate for president of the United States in the 2016 general election, by filing a Statement of Candidacy and/or a Statement of Organization of an exploratory committee for the office of president with the Federal Election Commission.

So...isn't that the end of it? I mean he obviously isn't running running yet since he hasn't personally announced anything, but it seems like that should have been resolved as Yes.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tinstaach posted:

Uhh

So...isn't that the end of it? I mean he obviously isn't running running yet since he hasn't personally announced anything, but it seems like that should have been resolved as Yes.

If you ask me, that's rules lawyery enough to get them to close the contract. I think I'll bail on it and take my meager amounts of profits while I still can.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Apparently it's a different Joseph R. Biden Jr.? What the gently caress is going on

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Seriously it was filed over a month ago I don't think there's anything to it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah it's a fake:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/deez-nuts-sparks-2016-fake-candidate-epidemic.html

Someone's trying to panic the market, probably.

There's an army of people who's entire careers are watching these things like hawks there's no way it would have slipped under the radar for a whole month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't they screw people by not closing the "first repub to drop" until way after Jindal suspended his campaign for a bit?

• Locked thread