Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Look Under The Rock posted:

Quote this line and I'll tell you why I think you're adorable.

:twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm ready to get owned, I even know how I'd own me :grin:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also, mafia thread, it's almost the end of work and I am very happy about that. Today took forever and I'm glad it is done with. :toot:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Asiina posted:

You are the one who is saying that your mafia theory needs (and the needs of those you anonymously represent) are not being met in this thread, then go meet them.

Also, whose anonymous?

Met posted:

And an unrelated thing:

[8:02:30 PM] Met: Trying to find out who controls the wiki to get registrations open
[8:02:41 PM] Chic: man
[8:02:42 PM] Allen Wren: loving christ
[8:02:49 PM] Chic: I've tried to put my games that aren't on the wiki on the wiki
[8:02:53 PM] Chic: but the edit never sticks
[8:03:05 PM] Chic: like I edit it and put my games on there but then mysteriously they dissappear
[8:03:09 PM] Allen Wren: yeah, access to the wiki is hosed up
[8:03:44 PM] Met: I brought this up in the discussion thread but I know it's easy to miss because:
[8:03:46 PM] Met: "We really need to split the Discussion thread to Crew and actual Mafia discussion threads"
[8:04:13 PM] Allen Wren: I don't entirely agree, but I don't think the idea of a split is bad
[8:04:41 PM] Allen Wren: I just assume that the game-chat thread will just kind of wither.
[8:05:12 PM] Met: Remember when I sent messages to a few hundred old timers to help spur Mafia activity? The number one reason people weren't interested in keeping up with things was that the discussion thread is a hot mess that isn't fun to keep up with.
[8:05:25 PM] Allen Wren: People are actually saying that?
[8:05:28 PM] Met: Yeah
[8:05:29 PM] Allen Wren: Well, poo poo.
[8:05:38 PM] Allen Wren: Split away, then.
[8:06:52 PM] Chic: yeah
[8:06:58 PM] Chic: that's why I don't read the discussion thread
[8:07:14 PM] Chic: it's a real mess

You're being really disingenuous with your argument.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Many a time your staunch contrary opinions have made me laugh, plus you look like my little sister's adorable gay best friend.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You strike me as a person who genuinely seeks to understand other people, and I think compassion is worthy of adoration.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

How would I own you diqnol?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Opopanax posted:

Good food and good music?

And good football! Sometimes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Also when a newbie's finished their first game, perhaps the mod should get in touch to find out how they found it and pass them the link to this thread and the New Game thread so they don't need to find out more by themselves.

We should always invite new players to this thread after the game. I didn't know it existed after my first couple games, I just chanced upon it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Also, mafia thread, it's almost the end of work and I am very happy about that. Today took forever and I'm glad it is done with. :toot:

You are a kind person and easy to talk to, and something about the level of effort you put into games is really adorbz

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i dont care how many threads there are as long as there is one i can post in without paying attention to anything im saying

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

How would I own you diqnol?

I would have said "It's adorable how you think people care what you think" because I realize that's a reality but it's never stopped me before :twisted:

LUTR I like you because you stand pat on your opinions and are willing to explain your views as best you can rather than bowing to the collective, respect-worthy to be sure.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

i dont care how many threads there are as long as there is one i can post in without paying attention to anything im saying

But isn't that any thread you post in?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

But isn't that any thread you post in?

yes and curently its not breaking any rules

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Met I came back because of your PMs but I think that doesn't discount the idea that if those vets actually wanted to play, they'd play. Be the change and all that. They just straight up aren't interested enough to make the effort; "the discussion thread is a mess" is a poor excuse. Ffs Tom Tucker popped in a while back. These people aren't even checking in, how would they know it's a mess?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

You'll always have the adorable mouse avatar in my heart. Bottle reminds me of you when you were a newbie and bottle is adorable.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met I came back because of your PMs but I think that doesn't discount the idea that if those vets actually wanted to play, they'd play. Be the change and all that. They just straight up aren't interested enough to make the effort; "the discussion thread is a mess" is a poor excuse. Ffs Tom Tucker popped in a while back. These people aren't even checking in, how would they know it's a mess?

It's not a "poor excuse" it's THE excuse. I don't understand why you don't think someone who doesn't enjoy the discussion thread would get tired of trying to follow Mafia here.

Again, just because the problem doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's not important enough to address.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what do you want people to say? 'yes make a new thread'? because i think thats what everyone has been saying. there is just some disagreement on whether it will do any good. and also people not wanting to change anything about this thread. otherwise i doubt anyone will be opposed to there being another thread for mafia posts only.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If people want their past games put on the wiki TELL ME, send a simple PM to me and I will get to it asap.

It usually doesn't take me more than a day at the most and I miss it sometimes if its just done here in the thread or whatever.

I agree the wiki could use some tuning up but in the meantime just let me know.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
We already have 2 threads: this and the new game announcement one, the latter of which was started by someone who, as someone who has been active in this community for the last 3 years, I don't even recognize. The vets that say this thread is too bogged down could just as easily be looking at that thread for games to join, but they don't, which indicates to me that they don't really care that much about playing mafia. I don't think creating a separate thread for just theory is going to fix that, but at the same time the New Game Announcement thread could use some TLC.

Why don't we just close that thread and replace it with "Mafia: Game Announcements & Theory" or whatever name you decide is appropriate and boom, best of both worlds problem solved zip zoom

e: vv hahah get owned

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I feel like the easy answer is make the New Game Announcement Thread double as the mafia mechanics discussion thread if people feel there is a need to do that. You'd probably want a new OP so just have the mods close that one after you get the new thread up and running. Or just post a "New version of this at <link>" and then abandon the old thread. That thing gets so little action that I feel like it should have something else going on in it. The most recent page's first post is from July. Game mechanics seem like a natural addition to the game announcements.

If later it's decided that actually the two thread experiment has failed then it is easy enough to roll the mechanics discussion back into here and let the new thread go back to just being game announcements.

EDIT: KUMBA YOU :argh:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what "is a mess" means, but the last time Allen played he really didn't enjoy the game and left very angry, which happens but isn't the fault of chatting. Chic still plays games (she is in one right now), so I don't see how this thread prevents her from doing so. I think they both should play more if they want to, and if they don't that's fine too.

I'm more talking about when you say things like:

Met posted:

[8:05:12 PM] Met: Remember when I sent messages to a few hundred old timers to help spur Mafia activity? The number one reason people weren't interested in keeping up with things was that the discussion thread is a hot mess that isn't fun to keep up with.

and

Met posted:

We lose good friendly people all the time that just can't keep up.

and

Met posted:

How do you ignore that old timers don't try and keep up because the discussion thread is usually a hot mess of off-topic discussion?

So don't act like I'm twisting your words here. Let's be civil.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

Why don't we just close that thread and replace it with "Mafia: Game Announcements & Theory" or whatever name you decide is appropriate and boom, best of both worlds problem solved zip zoom

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Or just repurpose it and ask a mod to change the name. Mafia theory and game announcement thread

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
If only Asiina wasn't in charge of this thread. Then everything would be fine.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

We already have 2 threads: this and the new game announcement one, the latter of which was started by someone who, as someone who has been active in this community for the last 3 years, I don't even recognize. The vets that say this thread is too bogged down could just as easily be looking at that thread for games to join, but they don't, which indicates to me that they don't really care that much about playing mafia. I don't think creating a separate thread for just theory is going to fix that, but at the same time the New Game Announcement thread could use some TLC.

chaoslord posted:

I feel like the easy answer is make the New Game Announcement Thread double as the mafia mechanics discussion thread if people feel there is a need to do that. You'd probably want a new OP so just have the mods close that one after you get the new thread up and running. Or just post a "New version of this at <link>" and then abandon the old thread. That thing gets so little action that I feel like it should have something else going on in it. The most recent page's first post is from July. Game mechanics seem like a natural addition to the game announcements.

If later it's decided that actually the two thread experiment has failed then it is easy enough to roll the mechanics discussion back into here and let the new thread go back to just being game announcements.

EDIT: KUMBA YOU :argh:

I agree with this, get the announcement thread closed and make a new mafia theory chat and game announcement thread.

I feel like that will solve everyones issues because we can keep doing what we are in this one and met gets his thread.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Just kidding <3 you Asiina

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Again, if the community that exists doesn't support the thread, it will fail regardless of whether it is a "good thing" or not. You can't launch something on the hope that people will come back right away and justify it.

Chaos and Kumba have the right idea imo. Close the old new game announcement thread (make sure to link to the new one) and build a thread that actually is about mafia rather than about us

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Every lizard I've ever owned has died within 4 months of being in my possession.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a great solution.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Every lizard I've ever owned has died within 4 months of being in my possession.

I am incapable of keeping a plant alive.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to be honest, though, I think we should be more forthright with regard to the titling of this thread in that case

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I am incapable of keeping a plant alive.

Oh no.

All my lizards had either fatal illnesses or congenital defects.

I had a bearded dragon with yellow fungi and one who became paralyzed after he made a normal jump.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
This is why I get paid to make processes more efficient :sun:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

to be honest, though, I think we should be more forthright with regard to the titling of this thread in that case

Seeing as I'm the most popular person in this thread I promise that I'll keep my humble followers in line

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
we are mafia, and we are discussing. title seems fine.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

I'm tony soprano.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

You're being really disingenuous with your argument.

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE

THE MAFIA IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uranus posted:

agreed, if you are autistic