Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

uranus posted:

what do you want people to say? 'yes make a new thread'? because i think thats what everyone has been saying. there is just some disagreement on whether it will do any good. and also people not wanting to change anything about this thread. otherwise i doubt anyone will be opposed to there being another thread for mafia posts only.

What good is that going to do if Asiina won't make any changes to the purpose of this one? She says people won't split the discussion and she's going to make drat sure not to lift a finger to assist a split actually working out.

Kumbamontu posted:

We already have 2 threads: this and the new game announcement one, the latter of which was started by someone who, as someone who has been active in this community for the last 3 years, I don't even recognize. The vets that say this thread is too bogged down could just as easily be looking at that thread for games to join, but they don't, which indicates to me that they don't really care that much about playing mafia. I don't think creating a separate thread for just theory is going to fix that, but at the same time the New Game Announcement thread could use some TLC.

Why don't we just close that thread and replace it with "Mafia: Game Announcements & Theory" or whatever name you decide is appropriate and boom, best of both worlds problem solved zip zoom

e: vv hahah get owned

Because we still want recruiting games to be easily found and we don't want people to dig through Mafia discussion to find games that need sign ups?

Same song and dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

uranus posted:

we are mafia, and we are discussing. title seems fine.

lets call it the Mafia thread

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

What good is that going to do if Asiina won't make any changes to the purpose of this one? She says people won't split the discussion and she's going to make drat sure not to lift a finger to assist a split actually working out.

Because we still want recruiting games to be easily found and we don't want people to dig through Mafia discussion to find games that need sign ups?

Same song and dance.

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

call it what it is

mafia crew chat thread

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Regardless of what side you are on in this issue this is not an issue to take personally.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
If we are calling it what it is then it's the Magnus gallant is awesome thread.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that thread got beecocked :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're renaming it "The Rarity Appreciation Station"

This will attract the dozens of potential mafia players that I have just made up

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

that thread got beecocked :(

Lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have a third proposal: Ban mafia from the forums/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Again, it's not like there's any actual mafia discussion to do. This isn't really an innovative game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Agreed. Let's ban Mafia.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Same song and dance.

Recruiting games are, currently, incredibly easy to find by virtue of that very thread already existing. If people are currently unable to find games that are recruiting, no amount of magic wand waving is going to fix that (imo)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Again, it's not like there's any actual mafia discussion to do. This isn't really an innovative game

I agree. I made this point earlier and I'm glad it's being repeated by a smart person

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gawdon Bennet! Let's ban mafia, yes. OK?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mafia thread,

There is a guy rapping Eminem on the train. It's really weird

e; he just called himself white boy chocolate

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Agreed. Let's ban Mafia.

I disagree. I think we should ban people from Philly from playing instead.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kumbamontu posted:

Recruiting games are, currently, incredibly easy to find by virtue of that very thread already existing. If people are currently unable to find games that are recruiting, no amount of magic wand waving is going to fix that (imo)

How do you find games to play again? Do the Game Room?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Mafia thread,

e; he just called himself white boy chocolate

Is he white or black?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

Mafia thread,

Yes but would you say he's more like a Tracker or a Governor. This is a serious mafia chat thread about mafia.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

First page of this thread. Asiina keeps a link to all new games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

It's also in the OP~

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Same song and dance.

what good is trying to regulate what people can and cant post about. its just going to make people (me) not want to post at all.

oh god. im a libertarian when it comes to internet forum posting. god help me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lets ban the game of mafia as quickly as we tinnie please

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some people like one thing and other people like another thing is nothing is going to be liked by everyone :ms:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

You could:

Look in the OP of this very thread
Look at the game announcement thread
Look at Votefinder for games in Day 0
...post in this thread and ask

It is quite simple in fact

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

what good is trying to regulate what people can and cant post about. its just going to make people (me) not want to post at all.

Hi I'm the thread police and currently we don't allow posting about libertarianism. This is your first and only warning.

You will be murdered after your next offense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*bangs out B A N M A F I A in morse code*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uranus posted:

that's weird considering our thread as it currently is has made people not want to post at all

maybe we could compromise by having different types of conversations, maybe even located in different threads! that way everyone would want to post

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: Important Announcement :siren:

This thread is now about CCKeane

Everyone post your favourite CCKeane moment.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Guys just hit yourself in the head with a two by four. Science has concluded this will simulate a game of mafia and it only takes 2.4 seconds to finish.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

uranus posted:

What? You can't continue to do everything you always do in this thread if it's essentially the same thread with 1/20 of the posts in another thread?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Keane once sat down in a chair and his large rump destroyed it ala hiroshima and US grit

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

What? You can't continue to do everything you always do in this thread if it's essentially the same thread with 1/20 of the posts in another thread?

sounds fine to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

change makes me uncomfortable

it's bad

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3541098&userid=131296#post414033351

p much all of keane's posting in this game was memorable and awesome

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I liked that time Keane lied about having a vig

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

that's weird considering our thread as it currently is has made people not want to post at all

maybe we could compromise by having different types of conversations, maybe even located in different threads! that way everyone would want to post

cool, make all the threads you want. have a blast. make one for discussing what we are allowed to discus in each thread to help keep things organized.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Cckeane once accidentally castrated a man when he confused a glory hole for a whack a mole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kumbamontu posted:

You could:

1) Look in the OP of this very thread
2) Look at the game announcement thread
3) Look at Votefinder for games in Day 0
4) ...post in this thread and ask

It is quite simple in fact

1) Surely that plan that will never fail because Asiina will always be here to update the OP.
2) You guys think Game announcement thread should have all the Mafia discussion as well so that wouldn't be an easy way to find games.
3) No one does Day 0 to recruit in votefinder.
4) Why rely on others when this information could be more easily available.