Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah it's really popular in really big companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

companies that should just buy iphones and enjoy real mdm options

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol @ "enterprise anroid" just lol

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Thanks Ants posted:

companies that should just buy iphones and enjoy real mdm options

they usually buy iphones and then put on something like good/divide/mobileiron/whatever MDM sales guy gave their greasy balding it admin a blowjob in exchange for the sale

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all our non-bb phones have to use good and I don't even know if there's many blackberries left outside of the occasional addict

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
spotted in the wild

(gloves b/c it is evidence)

aaag fixed link

also : carrying a BB Passport does not render you immune from bullets

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 9, 2015

pram
Jun 10, 2001

buttcrackmenace posted:

spotted in the wild

aaag fixed link

holy moley what a piece of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

buttcrackmenace posted:

spotted in the wild

aaag fixed link

not content to being just a smartphone from hell, it's a literal passport to hell

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
might as well add a full 104 key layout to that monstrosity at this point

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

alex314 posted:

^^^^
I've never heard about that issue, sorry.

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-android-powered-venice-caught-hands-video

Slider keyboard acts like one on Passport! :dance:

Vintimus Prime posted:

Looks pretty slick! I wonder if it's too little too late now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
lol 5.4" screen phone is going to have a slider which will add another ~2" of height

it appears the screen slides up rather than the keyboard sliding out lol

remember for reference that iphone 6+ is a 5.5" phone

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kenny Logins posted:

it appears the screen slides up rather than the keyboard sliding out lol

a distinction without a difference

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

a distinction without a difference
i think i'd rather have it be that the keyboard slides out, because that thin part can probably take (and be reinforced for) more wear and tear than a digitizer + screen

i could be wrong though

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

either way, a slider keyboard on a "flagship phone" in 2015 lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kenny Logins posted:

i think i'd rather have it be that the keyboard slides out, because that thin part can probably take (and be reinforced for) more wear and tear than a digitizer + screen

keyboard slides out vs phone slides up is just a glass half empty/half full thing. it's literally the same motion/construction

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

keyboard slides out vs phone slides up is just a glass half empty/half full thing. it's literally the same motion/construction
yeah i guess if the slide is the whole length of the phone it makes no difference

why did i think it was otherwise, duh

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that's what i get for never owning a slider phone i guess

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i had a chocolate it was pretty cool

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
now if the kb were spring-loaded like Neos nokia from the Matrix that would be cool

for a week or so anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

current rumored price for the venice is $750 american dollarydoos loooooooooool

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Kenny Logins posted:

current rumored price for the venice is $750 american dollarydoos loooooooooool

is that an even grand in canada funbux?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The Management posted:

is that an even grand in canada funbux?
apple has the same price point for the middlin' tier 6s and that's $1029 cad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

speaking of which, in the dfy canadian cell thread, the stockholm syndrome is still fever-pitch:

Pivo posted:

6s 64GB + Lightning dock = $1,229.44 after tax.

Consider yourself lucky.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Why would anyone get this :psyduck:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Because other phones are a fraction of the cost and significantly better. And lol if you think that a phone will still be worth anything after 3 years.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well, I'm not unhappy, but you can choose to interpret it that way. I'm simply pointing out that you're a complete idiot for blowing $1200+ on a loving cell phone.

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's not an Apple thing and I have no idea why you'd think that. Anyone spending that much on a cell phone needs to have their head examined.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god it was about the price, not the phone type, you were the one who started that
10 days later:

CLAM DOWN posted:

I got so sick of my Leap being such a piece of poo poo that I mooched a Z30 from a departing employee and it's sooooo nice to have a decently working work phone again. I'm hopefully going to burn my hardware upgrade on the Venice when it comes out :swoon:

Kenny Logins posted:

Uh, sorry to say, but current rumor has it that the Venice is going to be $750 USD.

Or, you know, the same price as a 64GB iPhone 6S.

CLAM DOWN posted:

On a 3 year corporate contract? Lmao

I wonder if my boss will sign for it if I ask really nicely...

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why do blackberry prices float with the USD, not the CAD?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The Management posted:

i don't know that they do, but assuming a rumored price online without any indicated denomination is cad instead of usd is pretty dumb, in general

i've also seen a rumored price of £529 (from techradar) which matches up with approx. $750 usd

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Management posted:

Blackberry isn't that stupid yet

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

speaking of which, in the dfy canadian cell thread, the stockholm syndrome is still fever-pitch:

10 days later:

lol what a moron

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he was actually flogging the horrible nexus 6 as an alternative to the 6s lmao

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

THC posted:

i'm sorry your brain damage is so severe that you use an iphone

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

i'm sorry your brain damage is so severe that you use an iphone

that's our fishmech!!

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
that's our fishmech is filmed before a live studio audience, no amines were harmed in the filming of this show

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

THC posted:

and he had a hype man drop that in the thread too

he's apparently a fixture in the dyp bb thread so guess I shouldn't be surprised

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we have a n6 at the office and it's loving huge. you couldn't pay me to carry that fuckin thing around and use it as a phone

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

THC posted:

we have a n6 at the office and it's loving huge. you couldn't pay me to carry that fuckin thing around and use it as a phone

it's about as big as the big iphone hth

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's bigger.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

THC posted:

it's bigger.

and

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
my dick is bigger than both when i gently caress my computer and cum in it

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

that's much more android than anyone needs, which is 0 android

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ahmeni posted:

that's much more android than anyone needs, which is 0 android

i see you misspelled ios as android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

i see you misspelled ios as android

pretty weak posting today, fishmech. maybe hit the locker room, try again tomorrow

• Locked thread