Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Disturbing amount of positive response to MGS4's ending in this podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Goddamnit, I can't escape the almost-but-not-quite-spoilers without doing a 48h marathon of the game, can I?

I mean you should've been doign that to begin with

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hearing them defend Huey for forever is going to be torture

MIller was artificially right

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat getting super into Ore Monogatari and Woolie dropping Densha Otoko references what loving bizzaroverse is this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I challenge you to find someone who hates Ore Monogatari and isn't also literally Hitler.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea i mean hes a grown man that goes by huey for one

yeah but Otaku Convention is the coolest guy in the series

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Like, one of the Huey's first lines as you're recusing him is him trying to pass the blame to Snake for what happened nine years ago. You can tell pretty early that Huey is kind of a little poo poo.

To be fair, he's not wrong. Boss's bizarre fixation on having nukes leads to his downfall at least three times over the course of his warlording career. Hell, the plot of the original two games is "BIG BOSS has a nuclear robot! Is SOLID SNAKE a bad enough dude to take him down?"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was wondering what insane opinion Liam would be defending on this week's friendcast and the answer is the new Resident Evil multiplayer third person shooter I can't even remember the loving name of

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Umbrella Corp, clearly the game any franchise should focus on as their goddamn 20th anniversary game

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So Pat's never played Peace Walker right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Umbrella Corp, clearly the game any franchise should focus on as their goddamn 20th anniversary game

he sounds so mad when pat starts making fun of it and even madder when everyone starts making fun of him for being mad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RE Umbrella Corps is pretty much the multiplayer from Dead Space 2 which was alright at best and dropped basically immediately when the devs realized it wasn't that fun and people weren't playing it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

So Pat's never played Peace Walker right

I'm p sure he did, but idk they're usually vague about it

Tae posted:

Is there gameplay footage of it yet?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm just confused as why he thinks Kaz and Huey never met.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He played a little bit of peace walker and then watched the bad movie of it on youtube

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahaha, of course he did

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Is there gameplay footage of it yet?

The Sony tgs trailer was nothing but gameplay

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahaha of course Woolie and Liam think that Retro VGC thing is cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Ahaha of course Woolie and Liam think that Retro VGC thing is cool

At least it doesn't seem to be getting funded.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

The Sony tgs trailer was nothing but gameplay

Well I need to go look at that trailer then

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Racoon City Operations sold well?! Who the gently caress audience is buying these?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Resident Evil Fans probably

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They didn't mention ace Attorney 6 or Lucha Pikachu in the news.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
did i miss it, or did they skip over the new persona 5 trailer entirely, not even mentioning it? mentioned persona 1 and mark's race change, no mention of p5 lol

e: ^^^^^^ yeah, i think they missed a few things, they got really hyped over the street fighter stuff and had to speed run tgs to get everything in from what i can tell

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sure was a trailer for a shooting game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Andrast posted:

At least it doesn't seem to be getting funded.

With a 2 million dollar funding goal it'd better fuckin not be

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Haven't gotten to the Retro VGS part of the podcast, but this had my eyes rolling.

No patches and system updates! Because I totally trust that games made by the indies that they'll be able to goad into make games for them will be perfect, because not even NES and Genesis games ever had revision versions.

Wii U's boot time is not exactly a travesty that makes me pine for ye old days of cartridge games.

They say that they know a console is only as good as it's games...yet do nothing to really sell me that this won't just be another Ouya with a bunch of whatever games that will just be ported to another system because the dev actually wants to make money.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I totally want to play $300 for a a console than only has new "retro" games that cost between $30-$60 that can't be patched and are available for much cheaper on other platforms.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Andrast posted:

I totally want to play $300 for a a console than only has new "retro" games that cost between $30-$60 that can't be patched and are available for much cheaper on other platforms.

The low price of 100$ cheaper then a console that will play "retro" games and new ones alike.

Also I wasn't aware discs were fragile media.

E: Also, Pat got the WoW character boost thing wrong. There is one that comes free with the expansion (and there will be another with the next), it's just that you can buy more separately.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 22, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Oxyclean posted:

E: Also, Pat got the WoW character boost thing wrong. There is one that comes free with the expansion (and there will be another with the next), it's just that you can buy more separately.

Yeah, but you only get those by paying extra for the special editions, so you're still pretty much paying for a character boost.

That video games ad question at the end was really cool. Them talking about commercials during Raw reminded me of my favorite Majora's Mask commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6JlLiOHy90

Majora's Mask in general had some neat ads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but you only get those by paying extra for the special editions, so you're still pretty much paying for a character boost.

No? Both the base and collectors edition of Warlords come with the character boost. Now, the expansion did cost 10$ more then previous, but that's just keeping pace with other games. There's literally no option to get the expansion without the free boost.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Huh, I could have sworn it was only in the special editions. My bad.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post my "favorite" ad. Anyone remember they Playstation 3's "This is Living" campaign? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8k

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The final Star Fox Adventures video was so great.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The final Star Fox Adventures video was so great.

It was. Definitely a highlight.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Goddamn Liam is bad at video game opinions and not being a butt when they're challenged.

Also triple gently caress Little Big Planet.

Also crotchety old man and frequent child on lawn chastiser Jeff Gerstmann practically called Mario Maker a triumph so i'm not sure what Liam's deal is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aw man, Stormare being flamethrower guy would have been the most amazing twist ever.
I think his model/actor is actually one of the producers of the game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

Aw man, Stormare being flamethrower guy would have been the most amazing twist ever.
I think his model/actor is actually one of the producers of the game.

He's the writer and also an actual horror movie director

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He definitely has the look down. Especially those tooth gaps.

I'm survived they didn't bring up JeepersCreepers when listing movies where people survive till dawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress off, I mentioned The Descent before but I wasn't expecting the game to actually become that.