Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
#lifehack put a table spoon of sriracha sauce in your sriracha sauce to give it an extra kick! #wow#whoa#lifehack#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

LookieLoo posted:

What are you saying? that sounds great!

Edit: Is it on youtube or something because I really want to see that.

It wasn't done as a joke. They were teaching them

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Non Serviam posted:

These include putting a sock inside of a coffee mug and the microwaving it (no idea what this accomplished),

I've seen this before, actually, and it's to give yourself warm socks for cold nights. I'm not sure how well it works, but I assume that it's in a mug because the ceramic will actually be heated around it. I'm not sure a sock in a microwave would be heated well at all on it's own.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

Can confirm, when we were kids my older brother once pulled an allnighter to brute force a 4-digit code in a videogame.

banjo tooie was so weird

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RC mopcar sounds like an amazing cat torture device toy

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

It wasn't done as a joke. They were teaching them

Which makes it funnier.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I've seen this before, actually, and it's to give yourself warm socks for cold nights. I'm not sure how well it works, but I assume that it's in a mug because the ceramic will actually be heated around it. I'm not sure a sock in a microwave would be heated well at all on it's own.

Reminds me of the dude who microwaved soiled diapers so that he could "safely" wear them.

.. This was a fetish.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

I'm visiting my girlfriend's family in Serbia. There is a TV show in which they actively show LIFEHACKS taken from the Internet.
These include putting a sock inside of a coffee mug and the microwaving it (no idea what this accomplished), using an RC Car tied to a mop to clean your house, and similar things.

gently caress YOU INTERNET
Australia played youtube cats videos on TV. Cats Make You Laugh Out Loud got 1.56 million viewers. :eng99:

So they made Dogs Makes You Laugh Out Loud. 1.7 million :eyepop:

Then Pets Make You Laugh Out Loud... :negative:

And Animals Make You Laugh Out Loud.... :suicide:

I'd rather have the LifeHax videos.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LookieLoo posted:

What are you saying? that sounds great!

Edit: Is it on youtube or something because I really want to see that.

http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/hack-my-life/index.html

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Non Serviam posted:

Reminds me of the dude who microwaved soiled diapers so that he could "safely" wear them.

.. This was a fetish.

Wasn't he taking them out of the dumpster, too?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Croccers posted:

Australia played youtube cats videos on TV. Cats Make You Laugh Out Loud got 1.56 million viewers. :eng99:

So they made Dogs Makes You Laugh Out Loud. 1.7 million :eyepop:

Then Pets Make You Laugh Out Loud... :negative:

And Animals Make You Laugh Out Loud.... :suicide:

I'd rather have the LifeHax videos.

For years I've been saying that there needs to be a home video show of just babies laughing at things. There's something primordially instinctual about enjoying baby happiness, where it's actively difficult to not be happy at the sight.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Number one: Trees!

"Hee hee ha haha ha"

Number two: Attempts to introduce leadership techniques in day-to-day work conversations!

"Heeeeee hehee hehehehe"

Number three: Cucumber!

"Ha ha ha ha"

That's all folks, thank you and see you tomorrow!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Wasn't he taking them out of the dumpster, too?

Yes, he also got cancer. Allegedly due to the microwaving, but I don't know if there's any hard science saying that wearing microwaved soiled diapers taken from a dumpster increases your likelihood of developing cancer.
Sounds like a PhD topic!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sure does. Poop gets straight up absorbed through the butt to form poop cancer nodules. Happens immediately in adults. That's why you rarely see adults in poopy diapers: they all died. Toddlers have some resistance, so it takes a couple decades before it manifests. It's a Darwin thing. The more you know.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Karate Bastard posted:

Sure does. Poop gets straight up absorbed through the butt to form poop cancer nodules. Happens immediately in adults. That's why you rarely see adults in poopy diapers: they all died. Toddlers have some resistance, so it takes a couple decades before it manifests. It's a Darwin thing. The more you know.

thank u for sharing this knowledge, god bless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

And here I was wondering what to share on Facebook. Thanks!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Guys, I got $10 to feed myself with today, anyone got some primo #foodhacks to get the most out of it?

how much is sriracha sauce btw?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

MariusLecter posted:

Guys, I got $10 to feed myself with today, anyone got some primo #foodhacks to get the most out of it?

$11. poo poo out of luck bro.

However, new lifehack:

Give me the $10, I'll invest it into several high-risk, high reward stocks and bonds. And within three weeks, you'll be dead.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

sew your mouth shut then you won't have to spend that :10bux: #walla #lifehack

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

good idea: eat the money

better idea: use origami to fold the money into a fun food shape, then eat the money

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Potato is alright.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Don't eat. The advantages are numerous: You'll save money, lose weight, will be able to fit into more clothes, you'll tax your furniture less, you'll save some fuel for your car due to lighter mass, etc. #starvationhack.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Stick Insect posted:

Don't eat. The advantages are numerous: You'll save money, lose weight, will be able to fit into more clothes, you'll tax your furniture less, you'll save some fuel for your car due to lighter mass, etc. #starvationhack.
They'll look prettier too from the weightloss, and you'll open up new avenues of discussion with other skinny pretty people too!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MariusLecter posted:

Soylent.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

For that wonderful chalky texture in your poop.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

bradzilla posted:

sew your mouth shut then you won't have to spend that :10bux: #walla #lifehack

Sew your butt shut so that food doesn't escape from your body. Waste free lifestyle, yo.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Chicken quarters are great but that's not #lifehack quality.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Ramen.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Now with extra chromium and lead!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DemeaninDemon posted:

Chicken quarters are great but that's not #lifehack quality.

Buy chicken breasts and chicken wings, toothpick them together to make DIY chicken quarters. Walla, #lifehack!

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Those look like alternating tread stairs, except he's put poo poo on the left stairs like an idiot.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

wayne curr posted:

Those look like alternating tread stairs, except he's put poo poo on the left stairs like an idiot.

This is the answer. Trust me, I'm a poor.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wayne curr posted:

I really liked that in your link the hippies want these stairs to be more readily available for homes (since they save space) even though the manufacturers themselves go out of their way saying it's a loving terrible idea.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

wayne curr posted:

Its okay, he put that weird white statue on the right side so it wouldn't feel left out.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

wayne curr posted:

That's exactly what they are, but they're badly done even for that - no hand rail (so you wouldn't want to walk down them face-first), too wide (should be able to hold the rails with both hands), and unlikely to meet building codes for a primary staircase. Maybe if that's a back staircase or just goes up to a loft, you could get away with it, but alternating tread staircases are not the best idea for residential design.

And take that poo poo off the steps.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Dienes posted:

Its okay, he put that weird white statue on the right side so it wouldn't feel left out.

I actually have never had a problem those stairs until you just pointed that out to me, now I'm just loving FURIOUS at it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

wayne curr posted:

Oh my god, these things.

We have alternating tread stairs in several places at work and I swear half the people here just cannot parse how to use the ones with more than three steps. Otherwise intelligent and capable people turn to gibbering idiots when they see these stairs and will go incredibly far out of their way to use other normal stairs.

I can only imagine what would happen if we had the oscillating stairs version.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hoo boy...

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bonster posted:

That's exactly what they are, but they're badly done even for that - no hand rail (so you wouldn't want to walk down them face-first), too wide (should be able to hold the rails with both hands), and unlikely to meet building codes for a primary staircase. Maybe if that's a back staircase or just goes up to a loft, you could get away with it, but alternating tread staircases are not the best idea for residential design.

And take that poo poo off the steps.

Can you explain the white chalk hopskotch thing at the end of the stairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MasBrillante posted:

Can you explain the white chalk hopskotch thing at the end of the stairs?

I assume that image is from an advertisement for the weird stairs, and that is there to show space savings.