Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

prefect posted:

Or don't revisit something unless you've got a compelling reason. If they think of a top-notch hilarious Meeseeks story, then another Meeseeks episode is fine. But you shouldn't push it trying to recreate something great.

Harmon does this thing where he listens to the fans and wants to please them, he really needs to just do whatever he wants, that's what his fans really want.

The Whole Internet posted:

I can't help but wonder if the B-plot with Jerry's 'moral dilemma' is what's secretly turning people off of the episode. I was surprised to find out seemingly half the people on the internet didn't like it--thought it was the worst episode of the show (clearly they've forgotten about Get Schwifty, or Anatomy Park). For me I'd place it somewhere in the middle for season 2. A tad below "Total Rickall" and "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" but better than last week's episode for sure, and a few others. I'm just curious if getting hung up on having to choose between your penis and billion's of peoples lives is the source for the hate on the internet.

I really enjoyed Get Schwifty! This episode just wasn't my favorite, still pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'd give up my penis for a worthy cause, the replacement penis gun is the cherry on top.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I can't help but wonder if the B-plot with Jerry's 'moral dilemma' is what's secretly turning people off of the episode. I was surprised to find out seemingly half the people on the internet didn't like it--thought it was the worst episode of the show (clearly they've forgotten about Get Schwifty, or Anatomy Park). For me I'd place it somewhere in the middle for season 2. A tad below "Total Rickall" and "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" but better than last week's episode for sure, and a few others. I'm just curious if getting hung up on having to choose between your penis and billion's of peoples lives is the source for the hate on the internet.

Last weeks episode was hilarious what are you talking up, tiny Rick was the best.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MariusLecter posted:

I'd give up my penis for a worthy cause, the replacement penis gun is the cherry on top.

When you look at the miraculous stuff those alien doctors can do, you've got to believe the replacement penis gun would be better than the original in every way.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This episode was much funnier on the second watchthrough. I now declare it an Official Good Episode.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

prefect posted:

When you look at the miraculous stuff those alien doctors can do, you've got to believe the replacement penis gun would be better than the original in every way.

I felt like they were implying it would be good for sex but that jerry wouldn't be getting anything out of it anymore.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

I felt like they were implying it would be good for sex but that jerry wouldn't be getting anything out of it anymore.

I don't know about that, for all we know alien dick implants feel way better than your normal dick.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Rick and Morty: Alien Dick Implants Feel Way Better Than Your Normal Dick

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
good episode, only thing I think I would have enjoyed a bit more is if Jerry actually was dead and replaced by another Jerry. I feel like a big reason I enjoy the show is the fact they really gently caress with stuff that you normally wouldn't, e.g. de-cronenburging. overall though can't complain, pretty enjoyable

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fixing jerry made sense, they were in a advanced alien hospital. I bought it. I knew it was either they could fix him or just replace him.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
How did I get here?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

We already may have an alternate Jerry after they picked him up from Jerryboree

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This episode was much funnier on the second watchthrough. I now declare it an Official Good Episode.

:agreed:

Same thing happened with Rixity Minutes, people were very divisive about it at first, then after a rewatch or two most were cool with it. I think this episode has more people hating on it because of built up expectations, and I also suspect it was maybe partially tanked because Roiland or the team in general just don't want to do another one.

Guy A. Person posted:

We already may have an alternate Jerry after they picked him up from Jerryboree

That still depends on if the second Rick was asking about the Jerry or the ticket. If he was asking if they had that ticket (I forget the number), then they got the right Jerry since a freeze frame reveals that their ticket did match whatever number second Rick said. If he's asking about the Jerry and for whatever reason second Morty has that ticket, then Jerrys got swapped and no one cares. Overall it doesn't matter.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 22, 2015

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

ElCondemn posted:

I don't know about that, for all we know alien dick implants feel way better than your normal dick.

I was thinking that until the doctor was encouraging him to use his dick one last time.

Side note I loved the doctor constantly referring to everything as an "alien whatever" then clarifying that most items were actually native to that planet.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
How did I get here?? Somebody, please, help me!!

Just... stay away from the coffee machine.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was thinking that until the doctor was encouraging him to use his dick one last time.

Side note I loved the doctor constantly referring to everything as an "alien whatever" then clarifying that most items were actually native to that planet.

They were on a space station though.

Also the "last fap" was probably more for familiarity's sake than anything else, the doctor figured Jerry might miss his original dick.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Segmentation Fault posted:

They were on a space station though.

Also the "last fap" was probably more for familiarity's sake than anything else, the doctor figured Jerry might miss his original dick.

It's like before you put down your dog, you take it to the park and buy it a filet.

We saw basically a bit of Old Yeller with a sad dude's ding dong.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

I got the sense that Ricks line " a sequal, I don't understand it either, we pretty much nailed the first time" was Harmon and Roiland putting their own disclaimer that they are just doing it because they were required?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

FagtasticalMondays posted:

I got the sense that Ricks line " a sequal, I don't understand it either, we pretty much nailed the first time" was Harmon and Roiland putting their own disclaimer that they are just doing it because they were required?

eh, I just figured that they were like me and are suckers for lampshade humor.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I had serious reservations about Get Schwifty because I generally hate music episodes, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Anatomy Park was uneven and benefited from the novelty of the show, but holds up on repeated viewings. The B-plot of this episode about Jerry's dick was also uneven, but paid off with the Werner Herzog speech and the ending. Honestly, the improv just loving killed the rest of the episode. There was no point during the random interdimensional TV stuff that I wasn't wondering how the hell anyone thought that stuff was funny.

I don't think it's the death knell of the show or anything, just a out of place stinker and an indication that the showrunners should avoid patting themselves on the back too much. Unfortunately, since everyone else on the internet seemed to love this episode , including AV Club, I'm sure we'll be getting another iteration or two in the seasons to come.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Jerry's dick was also uneven, but paid off

:chanpop:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The B-plot of this episode about Jerry's dick was also uneven, but paid off with the Werner Herzog speech and the ending. Honestly, the improv just loving killed the rest of the episode. There was no point during the random interdimensional TV stuff that I wasn't wondering how the hell anyone thought that stuff was funny.

I don't think it's the death knell of the show or anything, just a out of place stinker and an indication that the showrunners should avoid patting themselves on the back too much. Unfortunately, since everyone else on the internet seemed to love this episode , including AV Club, I'm sure we'll be getting another iteration or two in the seasons to come.

This is all correct.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

B plot was surprisingly on point. There's a semi-interesting feminist analysis that could be done but I don't think people in this thread would really care.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I liked it

I wasn't expecting the TV improv the first time so it was funnier but it was still okay this time too

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought the symmetry of Jerry's dick and balls are why it was the perfect match for an alien heart?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Philip Rivers posted:

B plot was surprisingly on point. There's a semi-interesting feminist analysis that could be done but I don't think people in this thread would really care.

I would like to hear that analysis.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Philip Rivers posted:

I would care. Please type all those words straight into this thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Philip Rivers posted:

Are you just gonna type THE PENIS IS EVIL a million times?

Cause you're preaching to the choir.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Who cares about whatever you're talking about, I'M TINY RICK MOTHERFUCKER!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Philip Rivers posted:

I'd really like to hear the feminist analysis, I didn't pick up on anything...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ElCondemn posted:

I'd really like to hear the feminist analysis, I didn't pick up on anything...

I did, but I chalked up any feminist undertones as projections of my own insecurities.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There was a woman who wanted someone's penis removed. Of course it's about feminism.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think the episode would have been better if they'd just gone ahead and cut off Jerry's dick. Killing Jerry but not really, back to status quo is kind of weak for R&M.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

boo_radley posted:

We saw basically a bit of Old Yeller with a sad dude's ding dong.

Because it had dogs in it?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Tendales posted:

I think the episode would have been better if they'd just gone ahead and cut off Jerry's dick. Killing Jerry but not really, back to status quo is kind of weak for R&M.

they could have replaced Jerry with a version of Jerry that went through with the procedure, so that Jerry doesn't even get to live in a reality where he is a hero.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

I have a gut feeling this thread is about to get silly.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

FagtasticalMondays posted:

I have a gut feeling this thread is about to get silly.

It cannot possibly be worse than any of the SU/Gravity Falls derails.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
This week's episode needed more Hamurai.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Remember the barbecue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

It cannot possibly be worse than any of the SU/Gravity Falls derails.

I would take jerry dickussion over steven universe fans getting defensive any day of the week

• Locked thread