Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's not over until joke simulator simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Notorious QIG posted:

level 40 :toot:

now time to grind gear, any efficient ways to do it or just vanguard strikes and court of oryx?

remember that light level determines the level of items that come out of engrams. so don't blow through all your engrams at once. just do a couple at a time and always always wear the highest level gear you possibly can at all times. don't worry about whether it's legendary or rare. if the main stat is higher, put it on.

also with your first 75 legendary marks buy the ghost shell from your class leader in the tower.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
oh and upgrade your sword by infusing it with higher level heavy weapons. when you get it past 280 damage, you get a quest to make it exotic, after which it becomes a turbo death machine.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

they will never die

next stop is simulator simulators

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cmgsvs: did the "metallic archaea" mission. went into it with my usual non-lethal gear and got wrecked. returned with autoshotguns, anti-material rifles and a anti-tank d-walker and cleaned shop :black101:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just realized that all the Skulls I've captured go to the quarantine platform. :stare:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

change your avatar this feels very wrong

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I really need to finish mgsv but i enjoy just zooming around the map on d-walker doing side-ops

Also for some reason guards seem to notice when I shoot people with my silence tranq sniper rifle a lot more than when i just dome them with a regular sniper rifle

like maybe passing out causes a lot more noise than just flopping to the ground like a dead fish?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fabricated posted:

I really need to finish mgsv but i enjoy just zooming around the map on d-walker doing side-ops

Also for some reason guards seem to notice when I shoot people with my silence tranq sniper rifle a lot more than when i just dome them with a regular sniper rifle

like maybe passing out causes a lot more noise than just flopping to the ground like a dead fish?

maybe they snore a lot

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Rexicon1 posted:

oh and upgrade your sword by infusing it with higher level heavy weapons. when you get it past 280 damage, you get a quest to make it exotic, after which it becomes a turbo death machine.

ok. also how do i get legendary marks, I got 25 for killing oryx iirc but idk how to get more

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Notorious QIG posted:

ok. also how do i get legendary marks, I got 25 for killing oryx iirc but idk how to get more

daily story mission
daily crucible playlist
heroic strike playlist (3 times per week)
dismantling legendaries

plus one-time rewards from quests and things

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Notorious QIG posted:

idk but it probably involves repeating some boring poo poo you've done a dozen times already

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

daily story mission
daily crucible playlist
heroic strike playlist (3 times per week)
dismantling legendaries

plus one-time rewards from quests and things

crucible :cripes:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
c'mon, quiggy

come back to monster hunter
or bloodborne
or dota

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

c'mon, quiggy

come back to monster hunter
or bloodborne
or dota

im bad at sticking with games

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

im bad at sticking with games

Good?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My PS quadruple is on it is way. I'll probably give MGSV multi-player a go even tho I rarely play multi.

And now to preorder Fallout 4

Lol ill buy the GOTY edition with all the dlc once it comes out.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
hey as you may know i'm a financial reporter who wastes most of his time on a dumb internet forum. i have relevant news

the brazilian real (a super cool currency) is getting loving pounded because of the petrobras scandal and general economic mismanagement by president rousseff so if you're american games on Nuuvem are going to be really cheap. you can also get NFL gamepass for about half off this way. current conversion rate is about 4:1 rather than the 2~2.5:1 it was for the past decade

so you can get MGSv for $36 right now with no tax. they've raised some prices to compensate but it's still a good deal

Fallout 4 is $50

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 23, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dont worry, you can lose in the daily crucible and still get the marks, haha

i use that for a stress free run around of whacking people with the hilt of my sword since no heavy ammo

takes two swipes but it kills and makes that quest not as stressful for those of us who suck at pvp

im up to 11/25 :)

doing the raid for the first time tonight (8pm cst) but before that if youre on lets get some poo poo donnnnneee

ill be on at like 545pm or so

todays daily heroic has a extra challenge that rewards a 310 exotic sniper and cool as gently caress ship!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Rasheed%20Walrus/video/10169840

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Blackula69 posted:

hey as you may know i'm a financial reporter who wastes most of his time on a dumb internet forum. i have relevant news

the brazilian real (a super cool currency) is getting loving pounded because of the petrobras scandal and general economic mismanagement by president rousseff so if you're american games on Nuuvem are going to be really cheap. you can also get NFL gamepass for about half off this way. current conversion rate is about 4:1 rather than the 2~2.5:1 it was for the past decade

so you can get MGSv for $36 right now with no tax. they've raised some prices to compensate but it's still a good deal

what do they sell, steam codes?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

dont worry, you can lose in the daily crucible and still get the marks, haha

i use that for a stress free run around of whacking people with the hilt of my sword since no heavy ammo

takes two swipes but it kills and makes that quest not as stressful for those of us who suck at pvp

im up to 11/25 :)

doing the raid for the first time tonight (8pm cst) but before that if youre on lets get some poo poo donnnnneee

ill be on at like 545pm or so

todays daily heroic has a extra challenge that rewards a 310 exotic sniper and cool as gently caress ship!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Rasheed%20Walrus/video/10169840

that thing's rad. how do i know what the daily heroic is?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

Fallout 4 is $50

My money is too blonde for Brazil.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

Fallout 4 is $50

Congrats on learning about nuuvem 2 years after everyone else.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious QIG posted:

that thing's rad. how do i know what the daily heroic is?

when choosing where you want to go, the bottom left has quick shortcuts to the dailies and weekly stuff

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Did Metal Gwar Rising Revengeance do really bad or something? It's 2,90 pounds on Amazon.

I played the demo and absolutely sucked at it because its some sort of bayonetta but id still like to play it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey guys, check out this hot tip I have for getting cheap games: Steam sales. But first let me tell you about my retard rear end life and some poo poo I learned for no reason.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

when choosing where you want to go, the bottom left has quick shortcuts to the dailies and weekly stuff

neat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did Metal Gwar Rising Revengeance do really bad or something? It's 2,90 pounds on Amazon.

I played the demo and absolutely sucked at it because its some sort of bayonetta but id still like to play it.

it was platinums best selling game ever lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Google it you dumbass.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

it got released on PS+, so maybe that drove the price down?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

it was platinums best selling game ever lol

Hah. I thought it was weird because bayonettas are p popular. Well I ordered it anyway is was just wondering why the price was so low vOv

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Durr a durr a durrr hurrr hay did the really popular game sell poorly. I do not know so you can either infer that I'm a loving idiot who can't type things into Google or a fucknut tryhard whom is pretending not to know things about videogames to look cool in front of the other 40 year old online losers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Google it you dumbass.

Nah I'm on a Nokia and everything is much like my posting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Awia posted:

it got released on PS+, so maybe that drove the price down?

Makes sense.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Durr a durr a durrr hurrr hay did the really popular game sell poorly. I do not know so you can either infer that I'm a loving idiot who can't type things into Google or a fucknut tryhard whom is pretending not to know things about videogames to look cool in front of the other 40 year old online losers.

You care about what gets posted in this thread the video game thread. That's cool.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Jerry Cotton posted:

buy it cause it's super good

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i can't think of anyone i know that doesn't already own MGR:R, its a good game

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

it's the only good metal gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011