Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm Kai Opaka.

You are the D'Jarras guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Jem'Hadar are most hilarious in one way: The fact that there was an episode that suggests they can't be put in stasis, and it's very clear that the Federation has captured very, very little white.

Which means the Federation, refusing to slaughter beaten people in combat, instead would put these people in a prison to lose their minds, turn into insane animals, and die screaming. It'd seriously been better to have just shot them. Of course, the show never addresses this and just keeps talking prisoners, with these guys.

I could see them being horrified of facing Federation troops because of that. At least the other races would just end it.

Zigmidge posted:

It's like watching a dozen Kai winns argue with dukat in here.

I almost feel bad for her actress because she nailed being a holier-than-thou extreme right wing rear end in a top hat so well I think people legitimately hated her (not just in the way they were supposed to hate her).

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 23, 2015

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
If you step into a transporter do you die?

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Blazing Ownager posted:

I almost feel bad for her actress because she nailed being a holier-than-thou extreme right wing rear end in a top hat so well I think people legitimately hated her (not just in the way they were supposed to hate her).

i read a thing that said the cast loved having her around cause shes apparently hilarious, but she never cared about or really 'got' star trek and i think that does come across in her performance n character. not to any serious detriment, but it is interesting to look at the actors who were super engaged in the universe adn the whole project (patrick stewart and tim russ n so on) vs those who really didnt give a poo poo beyond "its a gig" (louise fletcher, robert beltran come to mind)

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
big freakin ups to the bajoran priest hats that looked uncannily like the sydney opera house

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Bible posted:

If you step into a transporter do you die?

Your inner Tuvix dies a little, yes.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
It's kind of a shame that Gul Dukat died before he could notify the Bajoran people that he porked their spiritual leader. I'm sure it was on his catch-up list, organized guy like that.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Tujague posted:

It's kind of a shame that Gul Dukat died before he could notify the Bajoran people that he porked their spiritual leader. I'm sure it was on his catch-up list, organized guy like that.

He was going to have a big Google Hangout with Bajor on Winn's birthday to tell them.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Shadow posted:

hahaha i loved damar

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acF2f3XLfCo

ok, so i dont know how to embed and specify a start time.... start at 3:00

Type [url] or [video] before you paste the timecoded link.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

My Q-Face posted:

Type [url] or [video] before you paste the timecoded link.

I did that but it kept converting it to a YouTube tag. :(

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

one of the syntax examples in the bbcode guide works but i cant remember which one

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Shadow posted:

I did that but it kept converting it to a YouTube tag. :(

Try [url=^V

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

I doubt she had any concerns about this. Before Kai winn, she played Nurse Ratched in one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Tujague posted:

I'm sure he recorded at least two dozen announcement videos for this purpose covering every possible contingency, including at least one or two starting with ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS, just in case.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Orange Sunshine posted:

I doubt she had any concerns about this. Before Kai winn, she played Nurse Ratched in one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

:aaa: I somehow never made the connection that that was the same actress.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Delsaber posted:

I'm sure he recorded at least two dozen announcement videos for this purpose covering every possible contingency, including at least one or two starting with ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS, just in case.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS.

If you are hearing this message, it's because Wyn has become Kai Wyn, and the Bajoran people have successfully overthrown the Cardassian government, enlisted the help of the Federation, discovered a wormhole to the Gamma quadrant, and I've been killed by evil aliens banished from the wormhole.

If this has happened, I must warn you this hosed Kai Wyn with my spoon dick, and she probably is the mother to my half blood crotch spawn.

You have one hour to congratulate Kai Wyn on landing a hunk such as me, or I will be forced to take further action.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

Tragedy today as former head of the Obsidian Order Enabran Tain has been eaten by wolves.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The gas I am now forced to release into the station will not only incapacitate you, but it also smells like Adami's hot clunge after the time we made love on the steps of the vedek assembly.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I like to think he spent a good 6 months just recording messages like this for any situation, but writers would probably say the message was auto generated using a memory crystal of Dukat's personality.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Happy Mothers Day, I am releasing essence of Bajoran Lilacs through the air ducts for you to enjoy. They were always your mother's favourites, you know. You now have 60 seconds for that to sink in, then get back to work. Failure to comply will compel me to confiscate your wives and/or daughters.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
We have remarked several times that having Dukat call Kira out of the blue to say "I plowed your mom" seemed like a contrived way to jump-start the episode. What we never considered was that he had a LOT of calls like that to make and it took him until season 6 to reach the "K" section.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Tujague posted:

We have remarked several times that having Dukat call Kira out of the blue to say "I plowed your mom" seemed like a contrived way to jump-start the episode. What we never considered was that he had a LOT of calls like that to make and it took him until season 6 to reach the "K" section.

My Kanarics Anonymous group told me I have to get in touch with anyone I've ever wronged in any way. So I'm sure you appreciate why it's taken me 6 years to get around to "Ki-Kl".

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tujague posted:

The first thing Garak did when he got his tailor shop was block calls from Dukat. The second was turn off the ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS recordings.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
You know for sure if Garak had been Commander of the station when it was a prison there would be no warning just deadly nerve gas and then ejecting the bodies and the gas into space.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kitchner posted:

You know for sure if Garak had been Commander of the station when it was a prison there would be no warning just deadly nerve gas and then ejecting the bodies and the gas into space.

Sounds wasteful.

Target the leaders with the transporter.

No, target half of each leader with the transporter.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

shadow puppet of a posted:

You are the D'Jarras guy.

He was totally wasted as a character being around for only one episode. They should have had him around to give us some depth and 3rd dimension to the winn vs obama plotline.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Kitchner posted:

No, it just wouldn't have happened, period.

Tain: Do you remember getting that confession out of Dr Parmak?
Garak: I never even touched him!
Tain: That was the beauty of it!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Garak also wouldn't have put his spoon dick in disgusting BJ vaginas.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kitchner posted:

Garak also wouldn't have put his spoon dick in disgusting BJ vaginas.

I dunno, he did try to stick it in that half-Bajoran daughter of Dukat. :smug:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

And in true Star Trek fashion, they had to recast Ziyal with an older actor because it originally came off as a guy in his 40s perving on a teenager.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I feel he'd have hosed a jar of mayonnaise if he thought it was Dukat's daughter.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kitchner posted:

I feel he'd have hosed a jar of mayonnaise if he thought it was Dukat's daughter.

Wasn't there an episode where he thought that the only reason she was coming on to him was because she was spying on him for Dukat?
But yeah I guess once he realised she wasn't he got full on :heysexy:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

:garak:

One day. One beautiful day.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

http://textsfromdeepspacenine.tumblr.com/

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i watched the episode of DS9 where dax meets her old wife and they kiss and it took me back to 90s tv where that was a Thing

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tezzor posted:

i watched the episode of DS9 where dax meets her old wife and they kiss and it took me back to 90s tv where that was a Thing

Rick Berman must've been really distracted by something that week.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Thank you.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Getting high is how he deals with the pain and misery of being Miles O'Brien.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Ambrose Burnside posted:

big freakin ups to the bajoran priest hats that looked uncannily like the sydney opera house

Reminded me of the weird aliens from Lathe of Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

And in true Star Trek fashion, they had to recast Ziyal with an older actor because it originally came off as a guy in his 40s perving on a teenager.

As if Garak had any interest in Ziyal.

He was as queer as a three dollar bill.

• Locked thread