Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I hope launch goes well :ohdear:

Just as a piece of feedback by the way, I know your hype men (ronnie and LD and the crew) are trying to get hype levels to maximum with this continual dribbling of info and teasing stuff but by this point it's definitely gone a bit overboard. The game is gonna be out in like 2-3 days and we don't even have official info about all the game modes or in depth stuff about some of the ones that have been revealed, and that's pretty dumb.

I don't even know what part of 2k you work at or whatever but holy crap it's just annoying now.

Oh, and it would be nice to know when or if the PC preload is gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
What teams are you all going for? I'm planning as playing as a PG, was thinking about the Rockets or the Grizzlies but I'm open to suggestions on a fun team to play with.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

What teams are you all going for? I'm planning as playing as a PG, was thinking about the Rockets or the Grizzlies but I'm open to suggestions on a fun team to play with.

I played PG for Rockets in 2k15 and it was a blast. Harden was like an automatic assist generator and Howard is there to rebound your jacked up threes. Only thing that sucked was that the GM AI traded DMO :argh:

I think I'm gonna do a big man for '16 though. I really enjoyed my PF/Center and just going hard for rebounds and putbacks. I'll probably try to join the Raptors since they are kinda weak at the 4

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The only correct team is the Suns.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The team with two point guards is not A good idea to go to if you're Antony to play pg

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tae posted:

The team with two point guards is not A good idea to go to if you're Antony to play pg

I dunno if it's anything like the old game if you get good enough you push out the regular PG or force him to be a SG.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you're too tall, you're stuck as strong because they filter by height for guards.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i will go where i am drafted.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volkerball posted:

Pretty much. Last year I played a PG like literally everyone else in the world, maybe this time I'll try SF or something and just see who wants me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
God, its hilarious watching people stream this and people in the comments trying to get them to do stuff. Its like like twitch plays pokemon, only with way too many racial slurs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much. Last year I played a PG like literally everyone else in the world, maybe this time I'll try SF or something and just see who wants me.

i never played last years, but 2014 passing was so bad. unless you were playing as all 5 players instead of player locked on your pg, 10 assists with less than 10 turnovers should have been an achievement.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Volkerball posted:

Is there a draft for sure? I hated having to just pick a team

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I really liked being a SF and probably will go with that again. All the dunks, all the 3s, all the blocks. Plus the Blazers really don't have anything going on in that spot this year.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

zelah posted:

I really liked being a SF and probably will go with that again. All the dunks, all the 3s, all the blocks. Plus the Blazers really don't have anything going on in that spot this year.

You can't make an all around Jesus anymore

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Duggler posted:

in offline career mode i would bet money there is. there's one in 2014, and this year has the whole directed by spike lee thing going on with college and going to the pros with your agent and poo poo. wouldn't fit to just be like "ok now pick your team."

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

There's a draft for sure, the whole point of spike lee's thing is following a superstar kid from high school to the nba.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This game perfectly captures the annoyingness of high school cheerleaders.

GotY

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
New mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2n7Wc8d-hc

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

jabro posted:

The only correct team is the Suns.

This

Also because I have lived in Arizona my whole life.

So these teams I play against are other human players?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 23, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

YES! This video shows Kareem is back on the Showtime Lakers. Glad they will be worth playing as again. I'm probably going to end up having 3 Lakers teams in MyLeague mode. Does anyone else here stack MyLeague mode with as many all time greats as possible? Last year I basically traded anything but Dirk to get AI on the Mavs. Sending Dirk into retirement with a few extra virtual championships is a lot of fun. I don't think the fake Sixers enjoyed the careers of Monta and Parsons.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 23, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Looks good, if you guys can make the servers not be incredibly unstable garbage this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hopterque posted:

Looks good, if you guys can make the servers not be incredibly unstable garbage this year.

hahahahhahahahahahahaha that's cute.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:(

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

We all want them to not be garbage, but we all expect it at this point, it's happened every single year.

Also, hooray, the steam preload started, only 46 gigs (lol).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The budget to make a server withstand 2k's opening week is probably enough to fund another tripe-A game

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tae posted:

The budget to make a server withstand 2k's opening week is probably enough to fund another tripe-A game

They used that money to make Evolve.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Oh I mean for sure it's gonna be an issue no matter what at first, but the servers and many online functions remain in various states ranging from "barely functional" to "completely broken" for the entire year, and if you play on PC like me it's almost always trending towards completely broken. But I hope this year is a pleasant surprise Glumslinger, it would be awesome to have it both be an awesome single player NBA game and be the awesome multiplayer game that it can and should be.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

The Duggler posted:

You can't make an all around Jesus anymore

Then what's the point?

I got 2K15 at launch and just last week tried MyGM. The league-wide redraft leads to some really amazing what-ifs.

It seems like ignoring players concerns completely vs promising more/less training/minutes works out better. Then you can't break promises and morale stays high from winning I guess.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
From the official twitter: "You can now pre-load #NBA2K16 on @steam_games! You can play on Thur. 9/24 @ 9pm PST (midnight EST) if you pre-order! "

I was hoping for midnight local time or bst, but this is still pretty good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hmm, my 2k account apparently doesn't count as a pre-order so I have to wait with the rest of the people. Drats.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Hmm, my 2k account apparently doesn't count as a pre-order so I have to wait with the rest of the people. Drats.

That sucks, man.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

hopterque posted:

From the official twitter: "You can now pre-load #NBA2K16 on @steam_games! You can play on Thur. 9/24 @ 9pm PST (midnight EST) if you pre-order! "

Preload is up on PSN as well - just got the notification.

4.630GB for the base game and a 2.218GB update. Not sure how big the "additional game files" will be.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

zelah posted:

Then what's the point?

Online play is going to be 100x better because people won't be amazing at everything and will have to play a role like a real player

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hopterque posted:

So I should cancel my gamestop pre order then.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

ihatepants posted:

Preload is up on PSN as well - just got the notification.

4.630GB for the base game and a 2.218GB update. Not sure how big the "additional game files" will be.

Another 40 gb most likely

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Another 40 gb most likely

Can we download the additional content now? So when 9pm PST rolls around will I be able to play or do I have to download that additional 40gb?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Can we download the additional content now? So when 9pm PST rolls around will I be able to play or do I have to download that additional 40gb?

I really hope so, psn goes between 3-4MB/s and <500kb/s for me. Mostly the lower amount

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Holyshoot posted:

Yea the 4 gig is the 'this literally is what you need to launch the game', the rest will download. You can go to it and press triangle and scroll down to details or something in the menu and see the download progress in terms of 4g/42g downloaded stuff.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

It's ok buddy, we know that's not your fault. But it is a hilarious and upsetting truth nonetheless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Tae posted:

I don't think it's the opening week stuff that's the problem. For better or worse we all know and expect any AAA game's online features to be completely broken for up to a month after launch. The problem is they only ever really progress from "completely broken" to "technically functional."

• Locked thread