Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Can you touch the men as well?

You can do whatever you want, greatn. We're not here to judge.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

They need to bring back that Bowser VA. Also, start calling him King Koopa again.

boss of nintendo: "what should we call this bad guy, this king of the koopas"
dumb guy wearing one of those propeller hats and suspenders: "duhhhhhh..... king koopa?"
reggie fils aime probably: "actually lets call him bowser"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oops it's too late I already called Anita Sarkeesian she's on the case. There's gonna be a scathing video about this in about a year and a half, she'll be announcing it in a tweet in a couple of weeks. Kimishima will probably resign in disgrace.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Strangely enough Xenoblade Chronicles X does not have an M rating.

it's T

but the bountiful titties remain.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The Taint Reaper posted:

Strangely enough Xenoblade Chronicles X does not have an M rating.

it's T

but the bountiful titties remain.

I thought the controversy for Xenoblade X was the lack of tits.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Vookatos posted:

Of course fans hate it - those things are poo poo. Don't act like people dislike Other M because it had story.

I'm not saying that having a story was why those sucked, but SMB was one of their early attempts to have a story and other M was the last big one. When those are the last two big attempts to do story they've done, they might not be to keen on releasing more "story heavy" works with the popularity of those two items.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

mamelon posted:

My Wii U is eating all my wifi.

Is there a way to temporarily disable the connection, especially when turned off? I remember an option on the Wii let you do that, but I feel like the answer is "delete internet connection and add it back later."

e: note, I have a lovely wifi plan

Self-quotin' if anyone has tips for this. Got some info but no solution yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

I'm not saying that having a story was why those sucked, but SMB was one of their early attempts to have a story and other M was the last big one. When those are the last two big attempts to do story they've done, they might not be to keen on releasing more "story heavy" works with the popularity of those two items.

Are you blind or something?

Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, SMTXFE, 3DS Fire Emblem, #Fire Emblem, even frikin Pokemon X/Y and Ruby/Sapphire All have major story sequences.

Other M wasn't their last.

Where the hell do people get the idea that other M was their last? Other than other M being a loving pile of monkey gently caress? But being a pile of monkey gently caress doesn't condemn story games. Like even Smash brothers Brawl had a stupid retarded story mode. And all those cutscenes for Zelda Skyward Sword.

and lets not forget Bayonetta 2 and the mediocre Wonderful 101 .

Like goddamn people are not playing their videogames if they think Nintendo Story games ended with other M. Zelda has more text boxes than most RPGs nowadays. Skyward sword had more written text than Tales of Xillia.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 23, 2015

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Fremry posted:

Or buy a bunch of games, including a pre-order for this, to help Nintendo financially since they are getting creamed this generation but still makes the best games that exist.

they aren't getting creamed at all lmao

amiibos have turned huge profits. the N3DS sold like crazy in north america. the wii u launch was a major financial loss but they seem to have fully recovered through other products

meanwhile sony has been selling PS4s at a loss, and MS has hardly ever managed to break even.

even disney is just blatantly stealing ideas from nintendo now with "Squid Wars"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

greatn posted:

Oops it's too late I already called Anita Sarkeesian she's on the case. There's gonna be a scathing video about this in about a year and a half, she'll be announcing it in a tweet in a couple of weeks. Kimishima will probably resign in disgrace.

:geno:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

they aren't getting creamed at all lmao

amiibos have turned huge profits. the N3DS sold like crazy in north america. the wii u launch was a major financial loss but they seem to have fully recovered through other products

meanwhile sony has been selling PS4s at a loss, and MS has hardly ever managed to break even
Sony was able to sell systems at a loss because they made up the difference in software purchases. People have always bought an insane amount of software for the plasytation systems and they have the highest software attach rate for 20 straight years.

The president of Nintendo said that people are just buying amiibos and are not bothering with the wii-u hardware or software.And that yes the Wii-U doing badly is effecting their bottom line.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

greatn posted:

try harder

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

alternatively, don't

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ps4s haven't been sold at a loss for like almost 2 years.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

On the other hand there's over 25 millions of those things out there and 35%-40% of people owning one are paying an annual subscription, so Sony's fine. In fact, the Playstation brand is the only thing keeping that corporation afloat at all these days.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Sony: Release all the anime games ever....yes even the one with boobs. *rolls in money for two decades*

Nintendo: I think we need to censor the games and it's better not releasing games and than releasing games that make me feel uncomfortable and scared....why is nobody buying games? Maybe we need to try plastic toys instead, I dunno?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Obvious solution is to have the plastic toys unlock boobs. The more toys you have, the more boobs you get.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still don't get why America didn't get any of the Nintendo Fatal Frames.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still don't get why America didn't get any of the Nintendo Fatal Frames.

because NoA is poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

because NoA is poo poo

There was some bizarre reasoning behind it like that American Gamers wouldn't understand it because all of our movies are action movies with no subtext and fatal frame is an action game with subtext. But at the point in time if they were to release either of them it would have had the Wii and Wii-U actually have a game come out for that month instead of just having an empty void.

They willingly chose No Games instead of Games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't America getting a fatal frame next month?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

Maiden of Black Water had some pre-order fuckery with it. I tried a few store and they don't even have it in their system.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Maiden of Black Water had some pre-order fuckery with it. I tried a few store and they don't even have it in their system.

Is eShop only I thought.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

greatn posted:

digital only, but europe gets a physical special edition because NoE has been awesome to their consumers these past few years. they got better Club Nintendo rewards too

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

digital only, but europe gets a physical special edition because NoE has been awesome to their consumers these past few years. they got better Club Nintendo rewards too

This is what i tried to pre-order. I guess that explains why I couldn't find it.

I'm not going to buy a digital Nintendo game with such a small default HD and screwy account system. Especially when the new president set up a new branch of the company to overhaul it's online features.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 23, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Excels posted:

still can't believe european club nintendo got a captain toad amiibo

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

they also got an actual mario kart 7 gold trophy

we got a lovely black bag with a black overlay, nintendog postcards, and a desk calendar

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey so is the Star catalogue hosed for anyone else, got an email today saying it's going down on the 30th so that prompted me to go "oh poo poo" and try to log on but it's not letting me actually look at the shop, tried all the obvious website not loading right solutions and googling it before coming here to ask obviously, the UK one if that matters.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thebardyspoon posted:

Hey so is the Star catalogue hosed for anyone else, got an email today saying it's going down on the 30th so that prompted me to go "oh poo poo" and try to log on but it's not letting me actually look at the shop, tried all the obvious website not loading right solutions and googling it before coming here to ask obviously, the UK one if that matters.

Everyone else with Stars to spend got that same email, and every is hammering the servers trying to get in.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jivjov posted:

Everyone else with Stars to spend got that same email, and every is hammering the servers trying to get in.

Tragedy of the commons

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Americans were smart enough to rush spending our coins on Nintendogs post cards as soon as we were able to.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hotel Mario lives again thanks to Super Mario Maker.
Hotel Mario
(2521-0000-0067-3E87)

So when is the real Hotel Mario coming to the Wii U, Nintendo?

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

mamelon posted:

Self-quotin' if anyone has tips for this. Got some info but no solution yet.

What kind of router do you use? Some allow for ip filtering/leasing/quotas. You can force the console to keep a static ip, then only allow it to have an active connection during certain times.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Excels posted:

even disney is just blatantly stealing ideas from nintendo now with "Squid Wars"

Squid Wars was user-made content, not something Disney did.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

mabels big day posted:

Sounds like Miyamoto is keeping that loon in check. They do good work together.

It's a John Carmack/John Romero kind of situation.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Squid Wars was user-made content, not something Disney did.

No, it was mad by the devs using the ingame content creator.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Abu Dave posted:

Is Super Mario World way harder than I remember or is there some terrible lag on the Wii U Gamepad with VC games

Well it's definitely not the latter and probably not the former so I can only assume it's the fabled third option: you're not as good as you remember

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A lot of people have claimed that SMW on Wii U has input lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I have been playing it for some time, there's no lag on the TV side whatsoever and I haven't noticed any on the gamepad. I was wondering the same thing before I bought it and it ended up being fine.

• Locked thread