Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Just copy stuff from one card to another, as long as it's the same system it's fine. You can also redownload if you prefer but you'll lose any saves from digital games.

Simple enough. Any easy way to tell what a save is and what isnt? Although I guess theres a homebrew app for saves now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

I'm no fashionista but I played the poo poo out of the last one so I am way into this.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

I couldn't find a program to do that on android, strangely.

If I buy a new SD card do I have to do any kind of transfer nonsense or can I just re download stuff from the eshop?

Back up your saves. You can redownload stuff from the eshop, yeah.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How long is the legend of legacy demo? Because if there's a decent dungeon for each of the 5 characters, that's absurd,

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
So in that Fashion game can you be a guy? I mean it's not a dealbreaker if you can't, but I'm just interested in knowing if it's an option.

Edit: ^ Also, there's 7 characters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Getsuya posted:

So in that Fashion game can you be a guy? I mean it's not a dealbreaker if you can't, but I'm just interested in knowing if it's an option.

Edit: ^ Also, there's 7 characters.

Nope, and it doesn't even have the half-arsed boyfriend tag-along mode from the previous game.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Alright you weirdos, if I wanted to try one of these little girl fashion games you keep going on about, where is a good starting point?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Flynn Taggart posted:

Alright you weirdos, if I wanted to try one of these little girl fashion games you keep going on about, where is a good starting point?

Disney Magical World

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Flynn Taggart posted:

:yikes:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Flynn Taggart posted:

Monster Hunter

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Tae posted:

How long is the legend of legacy demo? Because if there's a decent dungeon for each of the 5 characters, that's absurd,

I didn't play the demo, just the full game, but there aren't any specialized dungeons for each character. In fact, there's not much of a difference between any of them besides some initial stats and the story cut scene you get when you start the game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lemming posted:

Monster Hunter

To elaborate here, you'd want Monster Hunter 4U.

It'll be a while before we get Monster Hunter X but there's no point in waiting. Once it's out you can dress up a guy, girl, or cat.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lemming posted:

Monster Hunter

A game in which fur is murder. Hours and hours of murder. Your top is made of like 4 animals that are each the size of a house.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A game that is running on a Nu3DS. Decently running, even.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd buy it :shepspends:.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

so is that technically an emulator? can the 3DS do emulators?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

so is that technically an emulator? can the 3DS do emulators?

Yes. Officially (Virtual Console) and non-officially via the homebrew channel thingy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd buy it :shepspends:.

I don't think you can buy that. It's more like hacker/homebrew stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

I don't think you can buy that. It's more like hacker/homebrew stuff.

That's blindingly apparent from the debug code. I'm saying if SE actually did try and port it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Yes. Officially (Virtual Console) and non-officially via the homebrew channel thingy.

ive always wanted a handheld that could play all the games I could think of and all the ones I've not.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm saying if SE actually did try and port it.

Me too! Sadly, this is SE's list of recent Final Fantasy ports:
* grabbing the oldass PC version of FF7 and porting it to PS4 as is
* grabbing really cheaply made "revisions" of SNES Final Fantasy titles on mobile and then putting them on an Android emulator on PC and selling as is

VideoGames posted:

ive always wanted a handheld that could play all the games I could think of and all the ones I've not.

Boy, do I have good news for you.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Everyone's favorite Street Fighter is back in PXZ2!

Ryo and Estelle are there too I guess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a shame Project X Zone is apparently terrible because I want to play this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Boy, do I have good news for you.

ooh do tell!!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Looks like the lowest price for a new 2DS on Amazon is still $6 above MSRP. What gives? Does Nintendo not give Amazon enough units to sell or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cicero posted:

Looks like the lowest price for a new 2DS on Amazon is still $6 above MSRP. What gives? Does Nintendo not give Amazon enough units to sell or something?

Nintendo and Amazon don't get along very well due to a couple of bad business decisions.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo and Amazon don't get along very well due to a couple of bad business decisions.

*Didn't. I think it's mostly patched up now, but the 2DS was from when it was still rocky and they might not be buying more stock of it since the N3DS exist.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
It's been a while since I messed with system transfers onto a 3DS with pre-installed games. Now that the NNID is a thing, if I wanted to transfer the stuff from my current 3DS to the Happy Home Designer N3DS does it still just absorb the license for the pre-installed game so that it either remains installed or I can re-download it?

I guess this question hinges on whether or not HHD is included as a code or pre-installed, which I haven't heard yet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RichterIX posted:

It's been a while since I messed with system transfers onto a 3DS with pre-installed games. Now that the NNID is a thing, if I wanted to transfer the stuff from my current 3DS to the Happy Home Designer N3DS does it still just absorb the license for the pre-installed game so that it either remains installed or I can re-download it?

I guess this question hinges on whether or not HHD is included as a code or pre-installed, which I haven't heard yet.

You'll probably have to redownload; but the license for it will get attached to your NNID.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

jivjov posted:

You'll probably have to redownload; but the license for it will get attached to your NNID.
They absorb and don't have to redownload currently installed software on the target system.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Cicero posted:

Either Nintendo doesn't supply or Amazon won't sell any Nintendo consoles, because of a massive amount of returns when the 3DS launched. People sent back 3DSes claiming the hinges were broken when it was just the wiggle room to reduce the wear on the hinge, and also sent them back claiming they were scratched when it was their nasty hand gunk going from the bottom screen bezel to the top screen and drying up. So one of the two companies decided they didn't want to deal with any more returns.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Abu Dave posted:

I couldn't find a program to do that on android, strangely.

If I buy a new SD card do I have to do any kind of transfer nonsense or can I just re download stuff from the eshop?

:ssh: You can format the card from the SD card settings on your phone, android automatically formats the cards to FAT or FAT32. :ssh:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

minusX posted:

They absorb and don't have to redownload currently installed software on the target system.

Oh nice. It had been so long since I got a system with a preinstalled game that I couldn't remember.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
However you WILL have to redownload HHD if you keep your old SD card (or copy the old SD card onto a microSD for the new system).

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Legend of Legacy seems pretty rad, at least from the demo. I'm especially digging the music, and the combat system seems neat too.

The only thing that really concerns me is that the plot... doesn't really seem to exist? Like, choosing between multiple player characters is one of my favorite things in an RPG, but the dudes seem to get so little characterization that it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, and your party composition is literally "you meet in a wagon and exchange three lines. you are now companions."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish Gamestop would calle me already about my Happy Home bundle being ready for pick up tomorrow but still nothing. someone please call me, please. anyone.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

dmboogie posted:

The only thing that really concerns me is that the plot... doesn't really seem to exist? Like, choosing between multiple player characters is one of my favorite things in an RPG, but the dudes seem to get so little characterization that it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, and your party composition is literally "you meet in a wagon and exchange three lines. you are now companions."

It doesn't get any better later in the game, either. Plot and characterisation remain minimal to the end, and it really doesn't matter who you pick up to be your main guy/girl at the beginning.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

dmboogie posted:

Games like this, and I'm thinking back to Romancing SaGa 3, don't really focus on the characters that much since your composition can be literally anything. It's more like, say, a classic Etrian Odyssey game, where the story revolves around the events and the non-playables. Lack of characterization is fine for some people, not fine for others, it just comes down to what you want. Of course they won't give you a lot of notes in the demo, it's the gameplay I think that serves as the real hook to keep on going.

That being said, I haven't played the demo yet, and I'm definitely going to, so this opinion of mine might change.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I wish they would pull from SaGa Frontier rather than Romancing SaGa. Frontier was open ended and free to explore while also having tons of characterization. Heck, the characters and their stories were the only things keeping me playing that game since I couldn't make heads or tails of the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

All the Legend of Legacy demo did for me was make me want the PS2 Classics version of Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song to get an overseas release that much more. All the characters in that game had voice acting, interacted with one another, had their own unique storylines that interwove with the major narratives (i.e. Saruin) but some also had expanded versions of quests that existed for other characters (i.e. Grey's version of the quest to repair the haunted sword). Also Hamauzu's SaGa work is poo poo compared to Ito, and all LoL's music is the same pleasant twinkly crap he did in Frontier 2 and Unlimited. I want nine different battle themes with dueling keyboards and guitar solos!

God, I hope SaGa Scarlet Grace is good.