Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
Owen Gibson on Football weekly was talking about further scandals, relating to FIFA and dear Seppli, that he wasn't allowed to talk about at the moment but that would be published in the Guardian in the coming weeks.
I hope I wasn't reading too much into his comments but I took it to mean that Sepp is going to gaol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Pook Good Mook posted:

It'll be entertaining but not much use against other defendants. He's a completely untrustworthy witness that a jury will have a hard time believing.

I would be OK with him just rotting in jail for the rest of his days. They've got plenty of evidence on everyone else without his hyperbole I'm sure.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/24/michel-platini-usa-2022-bid-voting-qatar

quote:

Michel Platini has acknowledged that he “might have told” American officials he would vote for the United States’ 2022 World Cup bid, before he voted for Qatar instead.

Platini admitted he changed his mind about voting for the US after attending a November 2010 meeting hosted by the then-French president Nicolas Sarkozy at his official residence in Paris, which was also attended by senior Qatari officials.

That doesn't sound like massive bribery at all.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well Sarkozy is a big fan of the PSG and the club needed a new owner at the time. FYI Former French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD) boss Pierre Bordry has claimed that Lance Armstrong admitted to him that he had asked ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy "for my head" following the American's return to racing in 2009. Allegetly in exchange in a photo ops with Sarkozy during the electoral period. Sarkozy also want to become the president of the PSG according to his own son. Because France needs its own Berlusconi.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 24, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope the fbi get something on platini so the corrupt oval office can't take charge of fifa

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

And he's the head of UEFA and the soon-to-be head of FIFA. New boss= old boss.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
platini is even worse than blatter. hes a loving old rear end bitch

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
As Swiss frauds go at least he's not fat.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Or Swiss.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
gently caress, this isn't the thread where people were talking about Federer.

Platini is def. a fahcking old oval office.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Platini is even less transparent than Blatter, dude hasn't even announced what platform he's running on but still wanted guarantee from AFC and UEFA that he got their votes

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
looking forward to a 50 team world cup when platini is in charge

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
errrrrm, did the Swiss just open criminal proceedings against Blatter?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Dravs posted:

they did

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's official, Qatar 2022 will be in November-December. Apparently we're all wrong and this is a good thing because players will be fresher. :thumbsup:

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

vyelkin posted:

It's official, Qatar 2022 will be in November-December. Apparently we're all wrong and this is a good thing because players will be fresher. :thumbsup:

its coming home

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dravs posted:

The Swiss just opened criminal proceedings against Blatter.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also the fifa excom meeting has been moved from Japan, December to Zurich, TBA because Japan has an extradition treaty with the US

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

mfcrocker posted:

The Swiss just opened criminal proceedings against Blatter.

News so breaking I can't even find it on news sites. I saw it flash up on Sky News in the office TV and thought I was dreaming.

Someone post that 'it's happening' gif again.

Edit: More info, it is regarding a 2 million "disloyalty" payment, whatever that is, to none other than Platini, just holy balls you couldn't even make this stuff up.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 25, 2015

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
NY times reporting it too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dravs posted:

News so breaking I can't even find it on news sites. I saw it flash up on Sky News in the office TV and thought I was dreaming.

Someone post that 'it's happening' gif again.

Edit: More info, it is regarding a 2 million "disloyalty" payment, whatever that is, to none other than Platini, just holy balls you couldn't even make this stuff up.

I saw it on the sidebar of espn

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Oh, it's 2 million francs.

It would be hilarious if Blatter was taken down by less money than he spends on a car.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BBC breaking news

quote:

Fifa President Sepp Blatter is currently being questioned by representatives of the Swiss attorney general, the BBC understands.

In a statement, the attorney general's office said it had opened "criminal proceedings" against Mr Blatter.

It said he was being investigated "on suspicion of criminal mismanagement as well as - alternatively - on suspicion of misappropriation".

Earlier, Fifa cancelled a press conference at its Zurich headquarters.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

quote:

suspicion of criminal mismanagement

The moment that Blatter finds out his defense of claiming to be simply too incompetent to bear any responsibility of what those under him have done is actually a crime.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Good.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm rock hard. loving finally.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Its loving on now. Don't screw this up Switzerland

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Swiss television has scans of the documents, signed by Blatter himself: http://www.srf.ch/news/allgemeines/blatter-verkaufte-tv-rechte-weit-unter-dem-marktpreis

Basically, Blatter sold the TV rights for the world cups in South Africa and Brazil for US$ 600,000 to Jack Warner, who then sold them again for reportedly 20 million dollars.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
welp I guess that's the smoking gun.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The world's largest sporting entity brought down by lil Trinidad. Haha.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*leaps into air; clicks heels together at apex of jump*

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Yes Yes Yes

So I guess Platini is next?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
And wtf does this mean for FIFA? Is there going to be enough infrastructure left for it to continue existing? This owns btw.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
After a poo poo week, this makes up for it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Sepp will walk away from this with his reputation intact. He's clean.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
What a wonderful day for football, and therefore the world

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

BlueBayou posted:

What a wonderful day for football, and therefore the world

Let's wait until the Swiss cunts actually punish Blatter instead of bowing to outside pressure.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Seems to me he was perfectly entitled to sell the rights to the thing. Not his fault Jack Warner made a fortune from it. Warner should be punished harder for taking advantage of a poor, confused, and trusting old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

If the Swiss want him to go down and they fail, they can always still turn him over to the US.

If they Swiss don't give a poo poo and they fail, he could skate free if he can beat this one charge.