Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Welp, xean has a new red avatar on the forums.

Its pretty fuckin ironic considering how much he hates us that the poo poo he got himself banned over had literally nothing to do with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AotC
May 16, 2010

Well, I guess I have a new STO forum signature now.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
But but were will I put all my alts in to spy and undermine the system?! :negative:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I'm gonna miss his manifestos.

Maybe he will make alt accounts to circumvent it so he can post them.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'm guessing that's just a forum ban right? Or was that a full on account ban?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Just a forum one.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Just a forum ban I think.

I don't know if they ban people from the game over forum stuff.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Oh man I missed a lot the last few hours. Who the hell is gar1979?

Does anyone have the nuked thread OP saved for posterity?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

The Reddit thread's op got saved by hakimashou further up in this thread.

edit I didn't make this but the person who did is a huge baby who won't post it in here.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 25, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Oh ok, I read those, but I was under the impression that Xean had made a second forums post. I'm waiting to see how this is all going to turn into another "guess what, guys? I just whipped the trolls" moment for Xean.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
gar1979 has also fallen to the banhammer after his mass paranoid spam session.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
"Trolls" apparently now include the community manager, who is most assuredly whipped up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Binkley@GrandNagus?Something?

He's been on esd mumbling the past two nights about you making little girl alts and Erping, mumbling about you tweeting the ddoser guy, whining about Spock, babbling about dental being homophobe racists, linking some weird scrunched up screenshot of riven I think talking to a pubbie in chat about st Olivia, and repeating 'good times' over and over and over. A bunch of pubbies ignored him for spamming.

He also said he lives in San Diego and wants goons to visit him so he can beat us up, after I invited him to STLV next year.

He was also talking about how he hurt his collarbone and is taking some pain pills he got from somone and drinking.

He was drunk and high the whole time he was spamming the forums.

I do have xean's sto forum OP saved, I think it was just the first couple paragraphs of his Reddit one though.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Rip cybobully guy. He was our best operative.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

I collected some links and wrote a very short summary that I posted on the wiki under the relevant section, if someone is interested.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
After crosis banned him from his channel, xean blew him up with so many PMs he had to just ignore him.

When stee1max banned him from TheTradingChannel, he got PM spammed so bad he changed it from a 1 month ban to a permanent and also ignored him.

One shudders at the psychotic hyper spam trendy/pwe customer support is getting right now.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
There is still a meltdown happening on the ghosted reddit thread. One pubbie is VERY mad at me.

quote:

I'm not looking to have a civil conversation. I've got no beef with the rank and file in your fleet -- it's a big fleet -- but you're human filth and I have no desire for understanding, civility, or lolz with you.

I really just look forward to the day that I eventually hear how your jackassery eventually backfires on you IRL. I hope it ends up with something simple like you getting doxed and a police investigation into your bullshit antics. But, frankly, if somethingawful went down tomorrow, I would show up at a friend's house with cake and champagne. It would be a sign of nothing but good things for the human race if all of somethingawful (or 4chan) went down and never came back up.

It was posted by the bardbrain guy who was the ONLY guy in the thread taking Xean's side, so you know there's something wrong there.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3mat9o/cyberbullying_and_abuse_of_sto/

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
While the past 40 posts have been amazing, I'm sort of... I dunno, sad in a way that Xean's meltdown wasn't instigated by us. It's just sort of anticlimactic when the building collapses on its own.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Conskill posted:

While the past 40 posts have been amazing, I'm sort of... I dunno, sad in a way that Xean's meltdown wasn't instigated by us. It's just sort of anticlimactic when the building collapses on its own.

Somehow, despite our best efforts, we ended up with the moral high ground.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

There is still a meltdown happening on the ghosted reddit thread. One pubbie is VERY mad at me.

It was posted by the bardbrain guy who was the ONLY guy in the thread taking Xean's side, so you know there's something wrong there.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3mat9o/cyberbullying_and_abuse_of_sto/

The joke's on him, Interpol has been investigating us to no avail since 2013.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Conskill posted:

That's how these things tend to happen, really. Linamia destroyed his own little erp-empire. Lake freaked out in the trading channel over nothing and pissed that entire group off. Skybuck posted that weird-rear end video of his modded client and got himself banned. None of these are things we directly instigated.

It's something the really terrible, crazy parts of the STO playerbase haven't picked up on yet. We don't need to destroy them, or put any serious effort into helping it along - they always do it themselves.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Don't discount the psychological toll that discoballs take. The relentless party which grinds down the will of otherwise good men and women. Deranges their moral compass and turns their dreams to ashes.

And the fireworks. And the fire extinguishers.

STO really needs a large clear label:
TRIGGER WARNING: Innocuous Props

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

It's something the really terrible, crazy parts of the STO playerbase haven't picked up on yet. We don't need to destroy them, or put any serious effort into helping it along - they always do it themselves.

Dental is like the changelings in "Paradise Lost"/"Homefront", except successful.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Psycho Landlord posted:

That's how these things tend to happen, really. Linamia destroyed his own little erp-empire. Lake freaked out in the trading channel over nothing and pissed that entire group off. Skybuck posted that weird-rear end video of his modded client and got himself banned. None of these are things we directly instigated.

The next OP really needs an 'In Memorium' section.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

My money is on Protogoth as the next one to publically implode. She seems only a few pushed buttons away from one.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tigey posted:

My money is on Protogoth as the next one to publically implode. She seems only a few pushed buttons away from one.

You might not be wrong, seeing how worked up he's getting over Romulans in the new ship thread:

Protogoth posted:

Does our Capitol City have a name? Only the one which I proposed, which has been widely accepted by RRF players, but never made official by Cryptic, giving rise to claims from the malcontent RSE supporters and Tal'Shiar sympathizers to post The Big Lie over and over again that the Capitol is nothing more than "D'Tan's Grand Imperial Palace," even when confronted by screenshots showing the outer wall of the city with Foreman Kylor saying "We're building a new city here ..." and concept art showing the CITY as it should look when finished.

Do we have our own club/bar/mess hall at ch'Mol'Rihan? No, but the darling privileged spoiled Feds got a new one -- which almost nobody ever bothers to enter except to sell things to the bartender. Where's the "Return on Investment" from that ?

True to Protogoth form, he refuses to back down when told, very politely, by other players than maybe he shouldn't take the whole "STO Fed = white privilege" stance because it undermines any real point he's trying to put across and makes him look insane. Instead, he doubles down:

Protogoth posted:

But we're "entitled whiny minorities" for bringing any of this up. *snort* And then people try to chastise me for calling that attitude of privilege what it is. I spend money on this game like others, and I have every right to call attention to injustice and petition for a redress of my grievances.

And here is one of his fleet member chiming in to remind us how awesome Protogoth is as a fleet leader:

idiot pubbie posted:

And also, 'cause I'm in her fleet... well, Proto is kinda awesome. Her mini-essays on the fora were one of the things that made me actually join the Tal'Diann. Read 'em sometimes - you might find yourself agreeing with her more times than not.

Because that is exactly what I want in a fleet in a super-casual space MMO: lots of mini-essays and lectures. Sounds like a real blast.

Link just in case people feel like reading lots and lots of words about Romulan ships in a game: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1204303/design-your-ship/p9

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Xean tries to beg/emotionally blackmail Rook into handing over 200m for an Astika (back in June I think):

http://pastebin.com/YMv8eHRe

"Xean@xtern1ty: I had an idea, maybe you have others, but I was thinking as this is a special pack, if you have 200mil, I'd give it to you if you want."

"Xean@xtern1ty: if you coan afford, you ight even let me keep the ship as a reward :)"

"Xean@xtern1ty: no chance you can help me out then? Just need to find one person who can give me a break"

"Xean@xtern1ty: you understand where I'm coming from, it's a once in the game opportunity, if I don't succeed, i'll be stuck in the lowers. can't let that happen"

Tigey fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 26, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tigey posted:

Xean tries to beg/emotionally blackmail Rook into handing over 200m for an Astika (back in June I think):

"Xean@xtern1ty: I had an idea, maybe you have others, but I was thinking as this is a special pack, if you have 200mil, I'd give it to you if you want."

"Xean@xtern1ty: if you coan afford, you ight even let me keep the ship as a reward :)"

"Xean@xtern1ty: no chance you can help me out then? Just need to find one person who can give me a break"

"Xean@xtern1ty: you understand where I'm coming from, it's a once in the game opportunity, if I don't succeed, i'll be stuck in the lowers. can't let that happen"

:cripes:

Pathetic yet hilarious :v:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tigey posted:

That pastebin

:psyduck:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

You might not be wrong, seeing how worked up he's getting over Romulans in the new ship thread:

True to Protogoth form, he refuses to back down when told, very politely, by other players than maybe he shouldn't take the whole "STO Fed = white privilege" stance because it undermines any real point he's trying to put across and makes him look insane. Instead, he doubles down:

And here is one of his fleet member chiming in to remind us how awesome Protogoth is as a fleet leader:

Because that is exactly what I want in a fleet in a super-casual space MMO: lots of mini-essays and lectures. Sounds like a real blast.

Link just in case people feel like reading lots and lots of words about Romulan ships in a game: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1204303/design-your-ship/p9

I forgot about this, from xean's manifesto:

"Pertinent background info on the conflict by bully-troll groups led by SA groups SW/NoP/SFD/T'D"

I'm 99% sure the T'D at the end there is Tal'Diann, protogoths fleet. Xean thinks they are goons and in on the conspiracy.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
This truly is a magical thread that keeps on giving.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Could that be Kinsha's fleet, though? Doesn't Kinsha have a fleet with a similar name? I wonder because the chances of Protogoth and Xean actually coming into contact with each other seems rather slim, but Kinsha/Helios has spent hours on ESD antagonizing Xean.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Could that be Kinsha's fleet, though? Doesn't Kinsha have a fleet with a similar name? I wonder because the chances of Protogoth and Xean actually coming into contact with each other seems rather slim, but Kinsha/Helios has spent hours on ESD antagonizing Xean.

It could be, what's kinsha's fleet name? Tal Darim?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

It could be, what's kinsha's fleet name? Tal Darim?

Yeah something like that, I think. I could be wrong. Did Kinsha's channel implode or something because I don't see his alt Freya spamming ESD chat about their public service channel anymore.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

hakimashou posted:

That pastebin

:psyduck:

Xean can't even hustle.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cynic Jester posted:

This truly is a magical thread that keeps on giving.

I honestly could not have imagined at launch this empire of mental instability and emotional ruin would be the result of STO. More than once I was certain the game would be dead within a year, yet it lingers.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah something like that, I think. I could be wrong. Did Kinsha's channel implode or something because I don't see his alt Freya spamming ESD chat about their public service channel anymore.

I think so, i haven't seen anyone mention it in ages.

ETA: No one should have to click a link to read this:

[6/9 2:47] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: [Special Requisition Pack - Vaadwaur Astika Heavy Battlecruiser [T6]]
[6/9 2:49] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: as long as I got this, I know one day I'm going to make it
[6/9 2:50] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: All I need to do now is find a kind player willing to trade the ship for 200 mil, or if they're really kind, trade me 200 mil and let me keep the ship as a reward lol
[6/9 2:51] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: with 200 mil, I'll have enough to get a stack of catfood per char and never have to grind foundry or sweat ec again
[6/9 2:51] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: Think I should feel like I am gonna make it? I think i'm getting there..
[6/9 2:53] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I had an idea, maybe you have others, but I was thinking as this is a special pack, if you have 200mil, I'd give it to you if you want.
[6/9 2:54] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: if you coan afford, you ight even let me keep the ship as a reward :)
[6/9 2:54] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: just a thought
[6/9 2:55] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: Lobi ships are typically selling for aroun 100 mil right now.
[6/9 2:56] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: That particular one still has a bit of hype left over, since it's from the last lock box, so its price is a little higher (in the 130s).
[6/9 2:56] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: i'd be happy to work a bit in exchange, add some stuff or do something if you need
[6/9 2:57] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I'm negotiable on work, but 200 mil is a need, can't sell for less if I got to make it out of poverty
[6/9 2:58] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: There are 3 astikas in the exchange under 140m.
[6/9 2:58] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: they must have stocked more
[6/9 2:59] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: It's a lobi ship, it costs the same as every other lobi ship, when the price goes up on a lobi ship, people just go get more.
[6/9 3:00] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: well, if that's so why Sheshars are over 300 mil and there are more of them around
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: no chance you can help me out then? Just need to find one person who can give me a break
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: let me know if interested, I'll put it in my bank for safekeeping
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: you're the first person I show it to here
[6/9 3:04] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I won't sell for less than 200 mil, got to make it there somehow. willing to hunt for favors even to make up the difference if needed
[6/9 3:07] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: you understand where I'm coming from, it's a once in the game opportunity, if I don't succeed, i'll be stuck in the lowers. can't let that happen
[6/9 3:09] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: not selling for less than 200 mil even if it stays a trophy, there may come a time when I may have to trade it for something else or need a service badly for the fleet
[6/9 3:10] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: ik, but what I need is cold hard ec, if I find someone, i'll have made it

What a clingy scammy little begging piece of poo poo.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 26, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

hakimashou posted:

I think so, i haven't seen anyone mention it in ages.

ETA: No one should have to click a link to read this:

[6/9 2:47] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: [Special Requisition Pack - Vaadwaur Astika Heavy Battlecruiser [T6]]
[6/9 2:49] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: as long as I got this, I know one day I'm going to make it
[6/9 2:50] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: All I need to do now is find a kind player willing to trade the ship for 200 mil, or if they're really kind, trade me 200 mil and let me keep the ship as a reward lol
[6/9 2:51] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: with 200 mil, I'll have enough to get a stack of catfood per char and never have to grind foundry or sweat ec again
[6/9 2:51] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: Think I should feel like I am gonna make it? I think i'm getting there..
[6/9 2:53] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I had an idea, maybe you have others, but I was thinking as this is a special pack, if you have 200mil, I'd give it to you if you want.
[6/9 2:54] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: if you coan afford, you ight even let me keep the ship as a reward :)
[6/9 2:54] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: just a thought
[6/9 2:55] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: Lobi ships are typically selling for aroun 100 mil right now.
[6/9 2:56] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: That particular one still has a bit of hype left over, since it's from the last lock box, so its price is a little higher (in the 130s).
[6/9 2:56] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: i'd be happy to work a bit in exchange, add some stuff or do something if you need
[6/9 2:57] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I'm negotiable on work, but 200 mil is a need, can't sell for less if I got to make it out of poverty
[6/9 2:58] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: There are 3 astikas in the exchange under 140m.
[6/9 2:58] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: they must have stocked more
[6/9 2:59] [Tell] To Xean@xtern1ty: It's a lobi ship, it costs the same as every other lobi ship, when the price goes up on a lobi ship, people just go get more.
[6/9 3:00] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: well, if that's so why Sheshars are over 300 mil and there are more of them around
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: no chance you can help me out then? Just need to find one person who can give me a break
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: let me know if interested, I'll put it in my bank for safekeeping
[6/9 3:02] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: you're the first person I show it to here
[6/9 3:04] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: I won't sell for less than 200 mil, got to make it there somehow. willing to hunt for favors even to make up the difference if needed
[6/9 3:07] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: you understand where I'm coming from, it's a once in the game opportunity, if I don't succeed, i'll be stuck in the lowers. can't let that happen
[6/9 3:09] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: not selling for less than 200 mil even if it stays a trophy, there may come a time when I may have to trade it for something else or need a service badly for the fleet
[6/9 3:10] [Tell] Xean@xtern1ty: ik, but what I need is cold hard ec, if I find someone, i'll have made it

What a clingy scammy little begging piece of poo poo.

So this is how the little people live their sad, empty, penniless lives. These poor unfortunates will never know what it's like to burn a bugship to start your fireplace every night.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Hey, he'll totally know what it's like if he can just find some kind person willing to give him 200m, then another to give him a billion or so, then a few more after that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
It sure would be a shame if that pastebin found its way into the trading channel.

Also: Looking to trade a mirror star cruiser, offers over 4 trillion EC.

Maybe some fantastically rich person who doesn't know how rich I already am will take this offer, and maybe they'll let me keep the ship as well because of that time I said I gave a guy some lolwut favours* on Risa.

*: catfish sandwiches**

**: Remodulators

• Locked thread