Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Crazyweasel posted:

Just heard Brees is going to be out. Is it worth keeping him on bench? I picked up Dalton, and its a 12 team league so waiver isn't really stacked, but from what I saw Brees seems out of it and doesn't sound too confident in himself even if he does rehab it for a week or two...

Second, are we still holding on to Dez because we are masochists or has the ship sailed? (I want to learn from Josh Gordon last year but it's a painful drop...)

Don't drop Dez. Right now the Cowboys are saying 6-8 weeks so at the worst you've still got him for 3-6 games depending on your playoff situation.

I wouldn't do it even if you're hurting for bench space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm much more down on Brees than Peyton actually but it's still worth keeping him on the bench in a deep league and with another marginal QB.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Just heard Brees is going to be out. Is it worth keeping him on bench? I picked up Dalton, and its a 12 team league so waiver isn't really stacked, but from what I saw Brees seems out of it and doesn't sound too confident in himself even if he does rehab it for a week or two...

Second, are we still holding on to Dez because we are masochists or has the ship sailed? (I want to learn from Josh Gordon last year but it's a painful drop...)

Don't drop Brees over one missed game. Especially if waivers are thin. With all the positive news on Dez's recovery, I'd shop him to your leagues 3-0 teams after this week.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I would shop Dez if you don't have an injury slot, though. I hate dead roster spots but some people are really fond of eating short term loss for hypothetical long term gain, it makes them feel like they're saving food for winter or playing the clever long game or something. (Which sometimes they are but usually it's just being too clever by half.)

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'm satisfied with the one league I have Reed. 15 points in PPR last night. That's drat good for a late round TE.

e: Can't wait to see who starts Randle next week when he goes for 2 catches for 35 yards

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I would shop Dez if you don't have an injury slot, though. I hate dead roster spots but some people are really fond of eating short term loss for hypothetical long term gain, it makes them feel like they're saving food for winter or playing the clever long game or something. (Which sometimes they are but usually it's just being too clever by half.)

You mean like me holding onto Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin to use as keepers? ;)

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Watched the Redskins game last night and I'm pretty excited about Jordan Reed. Tons of big meaty targets, and could have easily had a monster game. Cousins doesn't look as bad as I thought he would. He doesn't look *good*, but considering how porous that o-line looked, he was aight. I hope Reed can stay healthy! I believe.

Crazyweasel posted:

Do not drop Drew Brees.

You might as well drop Dez now. I'd rather take a flyer on someone whose stock can actually improve. If you had one this earlier, you might have grabbed someone like Moncrief. David Johnson, Karlos Williams, um, maybe Tyler Lockett or Lance Dunbar, or even Dorial Green Beckham. The odds are low any of these guys do anything worthwhile this season, but at least there's a chance, and if they don't do anything by the time you hit byes and need to pick up a scrub TE or QB for one week, you can drop them and not lose any sleep.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

VietCampo posted:

You mean like me holding onto Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin to use as keepers? ;)
Well dynasty is different and I've never played it. But yeah I bet dynasty has its share of people always planning for future seasons while they gently caress up each and every current one.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Oddly enough I have two identical offers in two separate leagues!

I give: Dez
I get: Gurley

Both keeper leagues, both 0.5 PPR. I can put Dez in the IR in one league (ESPN), but can't in the other (Yahoo).

Keeper value is basically 1st round for Dez in both.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Do people just ragequit in dynasty when they manage their team off of a cliff? It sounds like something I'd do tbh (both parts)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Drafted Jordy late to use as a keeper, IR'd him, I said I would not take Benjamin because it wouldn't be fair as I am commish, so my friend got him and IR'd him as an FA.

Also took him in another league with deep rosters and benches, but no IR spot, really don't think it will be a problem to hold onto him. I am starting Funchess in one of my flexes, so ya.

e3; Are there any Goon Dynasties with openings, or foreseeable openings next year, never did one, but am very intrigued.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 25, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Drafted Jordy late to use as a keeper, IR'd him, I said I would not take Benjamin because it wouldn't be fair as I am commish, so my friend got him and IR'd him as an FA.

It's my first season in the league, I picked them both up as FA's a week after the draft when i noticed they were available. I have Jordy in the IR slot and Kelvin taking up a bench spot, which is leaving me thin. But i think my starting core is strong enough that as long as i manage well during the bye week's, i should still be making the playoffs.

For more info, they will count as my 9th and 10th round picks next year.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Good news for Brady owners!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tm_campaign=nfl

I know Bleacher Report...

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Doug Baldwin or Rishard Mathews for rest of season?

Drop AJ80 for the worst of those 2?

PPR

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Ayudo posted:

Drew Brees is out. Fire up you're Folses and Daltons. Also, assume the crash position.

You've heard of Fitzmagic but are you ready for new and improved... McMagic?!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Its Miller Time posted:

Doug Baldwin or Rishard Mathews for rest of season?

Drop AJ80 for the worst of those 2?

PPR

Baldwin, maybe

Fat Lowtax posted:

Do people just ragequit in dynasty when they manage their team off of a cliff? It sounds like something I'd do tbh (both parts)

Yes, we call those kinds of owners "pussies".

seriously dynasty is the best format and you need to be sharp af to manage the team well

Gearman posted:

Oddly enough I have two identical offers in two separate leagues!

I give: Dez
I get: Gurley

Both keeper leagues, both 0.5 PPR. I can put Dez in the IR in one league (ESPN), but can't in the other (Yahoo).

Keeper value is basically 1st round for Dez in both.

I might do that in at least one, but Gurley could be the bees knees this year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Chernabog posted:

After trusting my gut and starting Matt Jones it seems I'm on track to lose my third match in a row. At what point does it become impossible to make it to playoffs?

I don't start to worry unless I have 4 losses before week 6. I've been 0-2 then 2-4 each of the last three years in at least one league and have made the playoffs each time.

If you can get back to .500 by week 10, you've still got a shot.

e: Basically anything 8-5 or better has a shot at the playoffs (7-6 in weaker or 8-team playoff leagues). If you're at 5-5 after 10, you're still alive, but you might need to win 3 in a row to end the season. Once you're at 0-4 or 1-4, you basically have no room for error and need to win 7-9 of your last 8-9 to get in, but it's not impossible.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 25, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Should I leave cooks in with brees out? Or shoudl I go Kendall Wright or James Jones? 0ppr

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I don't know how I feel about a Brees-less Cooks. On one hand, a lot of Cooks' value is tied to Brees; on the other hand, Brees has looked like poo poo and having a McCown in there with a non-gimped arm should help Cooks because he'll have a guy who is good enough to get him the ball but probably not good enough to get it to someone else (I could see McCown having tunnel vision for Cooks); on the other other hand, McCown might be even worse than Brees has been and the whole offense could flop which is worrisome because they've looked lovely as is.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Ayudo posted:

Drew Brees is out. Fire up you're Folses and Daltons. Also, assume the crash position.

I have Brees in an 18 team league so its time to fire up the Derek Carr

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Vando posted:

I have Brees in an 18 team league so its time to fire up the Derek Carr

No Luke McCown love? He just needs his chance.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fat Lowtax posted:

Yes. Its a real problem, especially in money leagues. People will join a dynasty startup, draft nothing but old vets that have no long term value to try to win the league year one, then quit leaving the league to find someone who will manage a team with Fred Jackson as its best active player.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If my dynasty league wasn't all friends from high school, I think a couple managers would be at the quitting because of their own failure stage.

It's our second year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Marshawn Lynch is a game-time decision, so helloooooooo Fred Jackson hype train

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Speaking of dynasty leagues, I'm wondering if picking up Thomas Rawls as a speculative pick before Sunday is a smart move. If he gets a decent amount of carries vs. an abysmal Chicago run Defense, he could be a hot dynasty commodity.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Someone dropped Abdullah in one of my leagues. I'm assuming I should be all over dropping Duke Johnson for him via waiver claim. With both Miller and Ivory out or potentially limited with injuries, I'm probably going to have to start whoever I end up with. Powell is another option, and while he may be a better option this week (if Ivory doesn't play), I feel like Abdullah has much higher long term value.

e: could also hold Duke and drop either Devante Parker or Agholor instead. Probably shouldn't be wasting 2 bench spots on WR lottery tickets.
e2: came to my senses...cya Duke!

Splinter fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 25, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Haha... I'm an idiot.

You're not, going TURBO; are you?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

While I am sorry that your team may be without their #1RB, I am excited that my opponent may be as well.

:ohdear:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Benne posted:

Well gently caress. I guess if I'm gonna start Blount, it might as well be because I didn't have a choice. Still, Lynch hasn't missed a game since '11, he'll probably go off if I sit him. Yay fantasy.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Should I use my Turbo on ARod or Jeremy Hill this week? Thanks guys!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Michael Corleone posted:

Scott Chandler imo.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Michael Corleone posted:

Save your turbo and use nos instead

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
So, I'm seeing some people saying "don't drop Dez Bryant" on this page, which I agree with. However, should we trade him? I've gotten offers of Eric Decker or Terrance Williams for him. I think other possibilities would be Brandin Cooks, Doug Martin or maybe Latavius Murray.

For context: I'm 2-0. This is a league with 2 WR positions and 2 WR flex positions. I also have Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, James Jones and Marvin Jones at receiver, so the cupboard wouldn't be empty without Dez, but I also probably have enough WR talent to get me through to Weeks 8-10 with him on my bench. My RBs are somewhat underwhelming (DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster), so maybe I oughta deal him just to shore up my RB depth?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I don't know how much I believe it, but the new scuttlebutt is he may be back after their bye, which is week 7 I think? Who knows how he'll perform though.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

dat one portagee posted:

I don't know how much I believe it, but the new scuttlebutt is he may be back after their bye, which is week 7 I think? Who knows how he'll perform though.

I wouldn't believe that. He will be back but who knows when and in what shape. Hold if you have the space and can afford it. If an offer comes for a usable wr2-3 I would take it. Waiting half a year for a usable player usually doesn't end how people hope.

Buy low next year when people let him fall later in the second.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Having trouble choosing a flex dude. Yahoo standard, no PPR

C Johnson vs SF
D Johnson vs SF
J Witten vs ATL
K Wright vs IND

Also starting McCoy and Forte - against MIA and SEA. Seems like it's going to be a bad week for both of them. Is starting one of the Johnsons in one of their places crazy talk?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
A dude in my 1 PPR league just accepted my trade offering my Sammy Watkins for his Demarco Murray. I'm definitely a Murray apologist, but even so, I never expected him to accept so easily.

I either pulled a massive steal, or sealed my 0-2 team's fate. Your move, Chip Kelly.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

surf rock posted:

So, I'm seeing some people saying "don't drop Dez Bryant" on this page, which I agree with. However, should we trade him? I've gotten offers of Eric Decker or Terrance Williams for him. I think other possibilities would be Brandin Cooks, Doug Martin or maybe Latavius Murray.

For context: I'm 2-0. This is a league with 2 WR positions and 2 WR flex positions. I also have Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, James Jones and Marvin Jones at receiver, so the cupboard wouldn't be empty without Dez, but I also probably have enough WR talent to get me through to Weeks 8-10 with him on my bench. My RBs are somewhat underwhelming (DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster), so maybe I oughta deal him just to shore up my RB depth?

The longer you hold him, the more his value rises, so don't be in a rush to move him. As long as you keep winning enough to stay in the playoff race, I'd only consider trading him for someone who projects to be a ROS starter for your team.

I'd mash accept immediately if someone offered Latavius.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Keith Atherton posted:

Having trouble choosing a flex dude. Yahoo standard, no PPR

C Johnson vs SF
D Johnson vs SF
J Witten vs ATL
K Wright vs IND

Also starting McCoy and Forte - against MIA and SEA. Seems like it's going to be a bad week for both of them. Is starting one of the Johnsons in one of their places crazy talk?

Starting either PHX RB vs. the Niners over McCoy or Forte is not a good move in 0 PPR. I expect the Cardinals to copy what the Steelers did and attack the Niners sorry secondary.

I would start Wright as a flex, it's hard to imagine a gameflow there where he wouldn't put up decent points. Even if Indy was up by multiple TDs I think he'd get some good garbage time points.

edit: we have a separate thread for this btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

Someone posted earlier in the thread with some examples of other players who had similar injuries, and it was not a pretty picture (though some were from other sports). The Cowboys are super optimistic but it's really whether you think he's going to be back soon enough to warrant keeping him.

Look at it this way - if you think he'll be healthy for 5-6 weeks of the fantasy season, he might be worth 100+ points (or however your league does scoring), with a really really high ceiling. If you think it's a ten week recovery time (which most doctors have been saying), then it's more like 2-3 fantasy season weeks, with a high ceiling but probably not as good as you'd get with a good-very good player over the entire season. He may even not play at 100%, if he does come back, as some posters suggested these injuries can linger. Playoffs may change these calculations a bit by extending how long he's useful to you.

I traded him for Doug Martin/Roddy White, as I already have a great WR corps and will survive without Dez. I don't think he's gonna play more than 3-4 weeks this season though, so I'm squarely in the pessimistic camp regarding his injury.

• Locked thread