Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Wendell posted:

Why would you not be able to?

Because Play Store gift cards say right on the back that they can't be used to purchase hardware? They may have changed the policy, but a few years back I went on to Google's website and discovered that I had $75 in app funbucks instead of a $75 discount on a Nexus 4 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

"Terms of Service posted:

2. Limitations. The Gift Card may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Center for more information. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined by you with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

vmdvr posted:

King of Dragon Pass is the best ~$10 game on Android. It has no iap, requires no Internet (after it boots once to download extra data) and is awesome. Everyone should play it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I made a shop heroes thread so that people running cities don't have to check between this and the IOS thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743118&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Because Play Store gift cards say right on the back that they can't be used to purchase hardware? They may have changed the policy, but a few years back I went on to Google's website and discovered that I had $75 in app funbucks instead of a $75 discount on a Nexus 4 :v:

Oh, I misunderstood what you had said!

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Angrymog posted:

I've got just over Ł9 in Surveybux, any recommended games?

I do like RPGs and am tempted by some of the Final Fantasys, but which ones are good ports?

edit: I am tempted to just buy one of the good DS emulators.

There's only one good DS one: drastic.
Don't bother with anything less.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hitman Sniper is on sale for 20 cents/10p/0.10 Euros in Australia, the UK and some random European countries (Germany for one apparently).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 23, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Hitman Sniper is on sale for 20 cents/10p/0.10 Euros in Australia, the UK and some random European countries (Germany for one apparently).

It's repetitive and all the same location but it's fun and Def worth 20p

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Just remember that you have to sign in with Facebook if you want it to save your progress in the cloud. They don't use the Play Games save feature.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

hooah posted:

Just remember that you have to sign in with Facebook if you want it to save your progress in the cloud. They don't use the Play Games save feature.

I'll check but I disagree.. will report back soon

Nope no sync I thought that after the first mission I got my crap back.. guess not that sucks. Maybe it's after the first tutorial missions.. I wonder if I had to log out then back in because I use 3 google accounts, 1 for store that's shared then my 2 personal ones.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 23, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

tater_salad posted:

I'll check but I disagree.. will report back soon.

I thought it used Play Games too but there's no cloud save icon in its Play store description.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I emailed them about this when I reset my phone, and they said "nope, no cloud save".

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

I thought it used Play Games too but there's no cloud save icon in its Play store description.

Nope it was Facebook I connected to it and it synced back up

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I ended up accidentally winning the PVP event leaderboards in Poker Heroes a few days ago for a smooth 1000 PVP tokens, it's pretty easy if you're leveling up a bunch which refills the PVP lives. I just use a standard rainbow deck and once you get enough HP to take a hit or two it's pretty easy to smoke most people. Or you can spend some coin and skip the tough opponents until you get someone who hasn't built a fortress yet for an easy victory.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Yeah, getting a top spot is pretty easy, but getting anything worthwhile from the PVP points is a bitch. All of the promo materials you need to promote 4/5* are very rare PVP drops. ugh.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Yeah I just got 1st again but I was pretty sure I wasn't actually 1st this time, so maybe they group people somehow. I've gotten a bunch of mats from it but not enough to promote anyone so they're clogging up inventory space for now.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Toast just released a new game.

Kill me again
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhnpixelcube.killmeagain&hl=en

Imagine Puzzle and Dragons puzzle system mixed with character building RPG with a loot drop system.
edit: It also has zombies.

Plays well, pretty fun but of course haven't played far enough to see any pay walls.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 25, 2015

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

EzEight posted:

Imagine Puzzle and Dragons puzzle system mixed with character building RPG with a loot drop system.

This sentence is everything I hate about games these days.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I only play it when all my other poop break games are regenerating stamina

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

joedevola posted:

It's also zombies. He forgot to mention the zombies.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

EzEight posted:

Then we'll add zombie Survival procedural generated open world with a crafting mechanic.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

I only play it when all my other poop break games are regenerating stamina

joedevola posted:

In game news, I started playing Football Chairman again recently. It's a little glitchy in a few places but it's a good (underground) train game.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

tater_salad posted:

Then we'll add zombie Survival procedural generated open world with a crafting mechanic.
Jesus christ spoiler that poo poo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tater_salad posted:

Hey, is it an 8-bit roguelike?

EDIT: spelling. Haha, 'rougelike'. In other words, 'pink'.

Spukkie
Aug 18, 2015
If anyone is looking for a decent TCG, Mabinogi Duel is a very decent choice. It's not micro-transaction heavy, since you can earn boosters and the cash currency for free. It also has a single player mode to get people started, which changes up a few times over the course of it. So it's not just a constant standard card battle against CPUs.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Spukkie posted:

If anyone is looking for a decent TCG, Mabinogi Duel is a very decent choice. It's not micro-transaction heavy, since you can earn boosters and the cash currency for free. It also has a single player mode to get people started, which changes up a few times over the course of it. So it's not just a constant standard card battle against CPUs.

Mabinogi Duel is a really high quality game that I would say can compete with Hearthstone, it is much better on mobile and doesn't use a ton of resource. I was in the Closed Beta and the Arena uses a pool you draw from similar to Hearthstone so aside from luck and experience the money aspect isn't too bad. Booster do exist and you are going to need them if you want to progress through the story though.

Still not global as it is not available in South East Asia.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Spukkie posted:

I've been playing this since its soft launch, it's ridiculously polished and pretty balanced endgame. The meta changes daily from aggro to control to combo constantly as people keep updating their tech. There's no such thing as card draw, your deck is 12 cards and they are all available to you from turn 1, taking away a massive source of RNG endemic to tcg's.

It's not actually released in USA though, only Canada and Australia, so you'll have to grab the English apk and install it manually.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
When did the acronym change from ccg to tcg?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hooah posted:

You're supposed to use the T for physical since you can trade em and C for digital or some such nonsense but nobody really gives a poo poo. Also sometimes you can trade digital cards so the whole loving thing falls apart

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hooah posted:

When the Pokémon card game came out.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

hooah posted:

Well CCG makes sense to me. Credit Card Game because you need a credit card with a high limit to really be competitive in these games.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

hooah posted:

C is Collectible and T is Trading.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Since it seemed like there were a few folks playing Elemental Wings, I figured I'd post about this game I found.

It's called Dragon Heroes and it's a character-based vertical shooter. Has levels, character and rune gachas, pretty normal F2P progression. You start with a 6*, so you're never hurting for something to actually do levels with. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lone Goat posted:

C is Collectible and T is Trading.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I played Magic and you did both C and T.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Well the creators don't make any money off trading, so they have to discourage that. Just buy, collect, HORDE!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just learned about Google cardboard and will be ordering one in the next week or so (after I move). Any worthwhile games for it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I got one about a month ago, and no, not really. It was fun for the $5, but that's about all it is currently.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hooah posted:

I got one about a month ago, and no, not really. It was fun for the $5, but that's about all it is currently.

drat. Well, I'm still planning on getting one, but maybe (if you rig it to stay on your face) if you use a controller, there could be some real 3D games that are made for it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just learned about Google cardboard and will be ordering one in the next week or so (after I move). Any worthwhile games for it?

You could give Just Cause 3: WingSuit Tour a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

drat. Well, I'm still planning on getting one, but maybe (if you rig it to stay on your face) if you use a controller, there could be some real 3D games that are made for it.

A couple of the models from iamcardboard come with straps, if you're so inclined.
They are more expensive, but there's a good variety of them. Even models designed for larger phones.