Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

the bears don't really have an option though

because fales sucks even worse than pickles

Rex Grossman is a free agent :colbert:

e: VVV I'd take Sexy Rexy.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Of the QBs starting this week, I would take Cousins over Weeden, McCown, and McCown. I think that covers it.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I have the lumps to prove this

Hahaha

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wasn't RG3 drafted after WAS gave up like a jillion picks to STL to get into position? just the cost alone should put him on mount Bustmore

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HERE'S AN NFL (NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE) STAT FOR ALL OF YOU CHUCKLEHEADS

TOTAL NUMBER OF MCCOWNS STARTING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAMES THIS WEEKEND: 2

TOTAL NUMBER OF REX GROSSMANS PLAYING IN THE NFL: 0

WHAT
THE
gently caress

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Where the gently caress are all the Detmers

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Parlett316 posted:

Where the gently caress are all the Detmers

Looks like Ty stopped playing in '05 and Koy in '07. Ty is 47 and Koy is 42. They old

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Looks like Ty stopped playing in '05 and Koy in '07. Ty is 47 and Koy is 42. They old

Ty has 4 daughters, but Koy' s son is a walk on at BYU, so there is a small chance of a Detmer NFL by 2020.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

HERE'S AN NFL (NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE) STAT FOR ALL OF YOU CHUCKLEHEADS

TOTAL NUMBER OF MCCOWNS STARTING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAMES THIS WEEKEND: 2

TOTAL NUMBER OF REX GROSSMANS PLAYING IN THE NFL: 0

owns.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mallet is better than cousins. He throws the ball so hard no one can intercept it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yaws posted:

Off topic, but is there anyone that flamed out as quickly and profoundly as Ryan Leaf? I was watching some old ESPN broadcasts the other day and they were debating the merits of Leaf and Manning before the draft and :lol:

Leaf had all the physical tools and was thought to have the higher upside. Shrug.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Real hurthling! posted:

Wasn't RG3 drafted after WAS gave up like a jillion picks to STL to get into position? just the cost alone should put him on mount Bustmore

I think in order to be considered for the cream of crop in busts, a player would have had to never had any success and completely flamed out.

RG3 was a ton of fun to watch his rookie year and led the team to a playoff game. Yes, Washington gave up an insane amount of picks to get him, but he performed like he was worth it for at least one season. I wouldn't put him close to players like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or even a Tony Mandarich. He might be a shell of what he was, but man, that rookie year he looked like a world beater. As a Dallas fan, I remember being afraid of having that guy in the division for the next decade.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Jesus christ I wasn't saying he's elite, or even good. Fairly sure I said "he isn't that good" ... but you could do a lost worse. I mean look at what the Bears are about to put at QB this week.

Pickles is going to sling to the W and this post is going to be even more hilarious.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

The only qb that I wouldn't take over Cousins is Brandon loving Weeden

Oof, that's a gutpunch

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

not gonna lie, I expect the Bears to get crushed - but IF Clausen manages to pull it off...I don't think my body is ready for the aftermath :gizz:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Well, I think the point here is that Cousins has actually been bad, quite a bit, whereas Eli Manning has: two Superbowl wins and several good seasons of play

Two isn't really "several."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Have the Saints lost in Carolina yet?

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

A.o.D. posted:

Have the Saints lost in Carolina yet?

Get trashed tonight and by the time you wake up it'll all be over

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Pickles is going to sling to the W and this post is going to be even more hilarious.

No, he isn't
are you stoned

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Catfish Stevens posted:

Get trashed tonight and by the time you wake up it'll all be over

Workin on it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Workin on it

:catdrugs:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The Panthers have a long, weird tradition of losing to backup QBs they should beat easily.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

zimbomonkey posted:

The Panthers have a long, weird tradition of losing to backup QBs they should beat easily.

I want to believe.

About 2-3 times I day I catch myself thinking "How cool would it bee if McCown trucks Carolina" but then have to remember that's unlikely. If they were to win I'd probably be the most hungover person this side of the Mississippi.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

That Works posted:

I want to believe.

About 2-3 times I day I catch myself thinking "How cool would it bee if McCown trucks Carolina" but then have to remember that's unlikely. If they were to win I'd probably be the most hungover person this side of the Mississippi.

I'm stuck in Seattle on the other side of the Mississippi.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
lol, nice avs saints fans

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is Drew Bree's trade value if he's healthy?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

That Works posted:

If they were to win I'd probably be the most hungover person this side of the Mississippi.

Same.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

NC-17 posted:

If he's healthy there's no way we trade Brees.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NC-17 posted:

Roughly that of Tom Brady's for this team.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Oh my god the trifecta of bag masks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NC-17 posted:

How much does he weigh and can you get all that gold in a couple days?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Havoc904 posted:

I think in order to be considered for the cream of crop in busts, a player would have had to never had any success and completely flamed out.

RG3 was a ton of fun to watch his rookie year and led the team to a playoff game. Yes, Washington gave up an insane amount of picks to get him, but he performed like he was worth it for at least one season. I wouldn't put him close to players like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or even a Tony Mandarich. He might be a shell of what he was, but man, that rookie year he looked like a world beater. As a Dallas fan, I remember being afraid of having that guy in the division for the next decade.

Its hard to consider a player ravaged by injuries a top 5 bust. RG3 has sorta proven lately that he can't play in a real offense that requires him to do more actual quarterbacking, and that may have caught up to him anyway, but we'll never know. He's probably a top 10-15 bust though.

Also I don't understand all the NFC east fans who were so scared of him. I remember watching him play and thinking "this dude is fun to watch but he's not going to last long, he's going to die"

And then later that year he did exactly that.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
what about Gus Frerotte

is he considered a bust

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I mean he gave us this after all

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
I can't bring myself to put RG3 in the Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell level of Super Bust. He proved that for at least 1 season he could be good until his team broke him by sending him out on 1 working ACL. He probably still has the tools to be a middle of the road QB if he can be on a team that doesn't actively despise him. I know middle of the road isn't exactly great for a #2 draft pick that Washington traded the farm for, but hey, we've seen so much worse recently.

I mean, loving Pickles and Brandon Weeden are going to start games this season, the NFL isn't exactly full of depth in the position. I've suffered through Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez and I feel bad for every Cardinals fan last year who had to watch the Ryan Lindley Experience ruin the teams playoff chances. RG3 is better than all those guys at least, he's at least going to be a solid #2 if he doesn't end up getting a starting job right away when he gets the gently caress out of Washington.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Determining whether or not RG3 is a bust is pretty difficult, in my eyes. Yes, he had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, but he also cost for more than just the second overall pick. Yes, he's shown that he can be difficult to work with at the pro level and seems to lack the ability to adapt, but he's also playing for the god drat Redskins under two different coaches who almost seem to be setting him up for failure.

Without really knowing what happened behind closed doors I feel uncomfortable declaring whether or not he is a bust. He's more of a "what could have been" or a cautionary tale about hubris. To me, a genuine bust is someone like Trent Richardson or Ryan Leaf. The tools are there, the potential is there, but something just doesn't click with the player and they are just loving terrible.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

How would RG3 fare in a Kubiak offense? If Peyton decides to retire this year, I could kind of see that working?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shadow225 posted:

How would RG3 fare in a Kubiak offense? If Peyton decides to retire this year, I could kind of see that working?

That depends on whether or not RG3 cooperates with his coaches in this hypothetical.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants are bad, Redskins are worse. Opposing teams are pressing Beckham at the line. The Falcons did it, Washington did it. He's got to work on beating that jam off the line, or we need Cruz back. NFC East is a bad division that the Giants could win.

Thats my 3 day late aftermath perspective!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

davecrazy posted:

Giants are bad, Redskins are worse. Opposing teams are pressing Beckham at the line. The Falcons did it, Washington did it. He's got to work on beating that jam off the line, or we need Cruz back. NFC East is a bad division that the Giants could win.

Thats my 3 day late aftermath perspective!

At this point i think literally any of the teams in the NFCE could win it just due to the others being terribad...might make it 2 years in a row where a team with a losing record make the playoffs.

in fact the east could set a precident where the NFL decide to revoke home advantage for division winners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shadow225 posted:

In theory he could be a good fit since he was running a cross between that and the Baylor offense his rookie year. But Kubiak apparently has trouble adapting to Peyton Motherfucking noodle arm version, but still Manning at QB, so I'm not super confident in Kubak's ability to tailor his offense to his QB with any success.

• Locked thread