Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hate the Dolphins and I've been following this team since I was a kid. The last decade and a half have been a nightmare. This is just the latest version.

The worst part is that you know Ross won't do anything. Even with Jeff Ireland he wanted to reassign him rather than fire him, and the only reason he's not still with the org is because Ireland turned that job down.

Philbin is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Week 3 ends with the Ravens making GBS threads the bed late in the game again. I'd rather them just flat out be terrible instead of coming out flat, showing competence on the comeback attempt, then making GBS threads it away. Only 3 weeks in the books but it's not looking good with the schedule ahead and the strength of other teams in the conference (let alone the division!). Having Hurst on the field is a death sentence on Joe's blindside and every team the Ravens played against since week 6 last season is well aware of that and schemes appropriately. Crockett is a nice surprise and it's cool to see more than the token Ravens Old Guy WR being able to catch.

Even when the rest of the line holds up, the team no longer has a speedy receiver, so defenses can play up short, double cover Steve Smith, and be ready for the run. Even if Monroe was healthy it's looking like 2013 when Baltimore lost Boldin and Pitta. Funny thing is 2013 was the bizzaro version of this season. Absolutely zero sure-handed receivers, and too many predictable speedsters, along with a line that was terrible outside of Yanda (Osemele was on IR).

If Perriman comes back soon and is just Torrey 2.0, that would be huge. However that's a lot to ask of a WR (1st rounder or no) who hasn't practiced since day 1 of training camp. Even though the running game and line looked like they'd be solid this year, teams are just playing up and can quickly react to a run with no speed on the field.

Defense is another story, there's talent throughout the entire roster (even without Suggs). So I'm going to just say gently caress Dean Pees. Jernigan is no Halot Ngata by far but he's still pretty awesome. Brandon Williams is another great player on the D-line. Mosley and Dumervil are great at their roles. Upshaw is a fantastic run blocker but rarely generates a pass rush. Those guys are a pretty nice crew to have up front and are helped out by a healthy Jimmy Smith, Lardarius Webb. Will Hill has been pretty good as well thus far. Losing Suggs hurts, but I really think the defense looked so good week 1 because of Peyton wearing down and not fitting well in Kubiak's system.

The entire team has just been inconsistent. There have been nice individual performances but there's no gelling whatsoever on either side of the ball for more than a half of a football game. I know I'm a spoiled Ravens fan but the roster was looking pretty stacked and just a small boost from our first 2 draft picks would've made this team terrifying to play against. Just a little bit of a bummer to look at the team moving forward from the end of last season, to looking absolutely lost on the field. Crazy poo poo happens but not many teams bounce back from an 0-3 start so I won't say "Lost Season"... but...yeah...

If you hate the Ravens tune in to see a bunch of close 4th quarter meltdowns and enjoy the schadenfreude. At least these games are kinda fun at points, 2013 made me miss out on so many other good games.

TL;DR Ravens bad

PS: loving go Bills btw. It's way too early to get super optimistic but it would be the best thing ever if Tyrod loving Taylor is that takes the team into January.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

Philbin is gone

we wish

Ross won't fire him midseason. He doesn't have the sack.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If someone can get the gif of the lady giving the Dolphins double birds in a circular motion after Chris Hogan's TD this lifetime of suffering will all be worth it.

Also gently caress Joe "Stepdad" Philbin.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PantsFreeZone posted:

we wish

Ross won't fire him midseason. He doesn't have the sack.

At this point I almost want Philbin to throw his assistants under the bus because he can't complete the bad coach checklist until he does.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trast posted:

At this point I almost want Philbin to throw his assistants under the bus because he can't complete the bad coach checklist until he does.

They might get rid of Coyle as an act of appeasement. But Philbin gets his last 5-11/6-10 season then we start the cycle of poo poo all over again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Remember how Ehud was talking so much trash about having Suh

Just pointing that out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
remember how jaws said kaep could be one of the greatest qbs ever?

lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23266172/jaworski-kaepernick-could-be-one-of-greatest-quarterbacks-ever

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://twitter.com/NFLhistory/status/648281738691629056

quote:

Jon Zimmer ‏@NFLhistory 15m15 minutes ago

Tyrod Taylor is 1st @Bills QB with 7+ TD passes & 70+ comp. % thru Week 3 since HOFer Jim Kelly in 1991

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheBizzness posted:

If someone can get the gif of the lady giving the Dolphins double birds in a circular motion after Chris Hogan's TD this lifetime of suffering will all be worth it.

Also gently caress Joe "Stepdad" Philbin.

The GDT provides

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers post mortem.

The good:
Hyde looks like he's the man.
D-line and 2 of the 4 linebackers look good.
There's some youth with potential in the secondary.
Top 5 draft picks are fun!

The bad:
EVERYTHING.
Holy poo poo, Kap.
Holy poo poo, o-line.
Holy poo poo, veteran secondary.
Holy poo poo playcalling.

The only silver lining here is that this early part of the schedule is an absolute buzzsaw, so we're seeing the worst of the worst right now. Just hope they survive until they play some of the other crappy NFL teams and can maybe put some actual games together.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember how Ehud was talking so much trash about having Suh

Just pointing that out

like what did I say other than I was excited to watch him and wake?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wow, the Cardinals in postgame were talking poo poo about the 49ers offense.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Honey Badger making GBS threads on Niners 'simplified passing plays' in explaining how easy it was to get 4 ints haha.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
By point-differential, the top two teams in each conference are

AFC
Patriots
Bills

NFC
Cardinals
Panthers

This pleases me

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
49ers rested Hyde before Gabbert tonight, which pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

Is Josh Johnson still on a team? Give me him and I'll be happier watching us lose.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

It was definitely me talking poo poo and I was wrong. I was so very wrong.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I dunno I just want to rub salt in the wound

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Have two undefeated teams ever met in the Super Bowl?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I dunno I just want to rub salt in the wound

lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

EugeneJ posted:

By point-differential, the top two teams in each conference are

I can't tell you what a mindfuck it is that the Bills are scoring points.

Greg Roman is the poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

No.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Ehud posted:

How guaranteed was all that guaranteed money he got? Eg. if you cut him the day after the superbowl are you on the hook for $40m of dead money?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

pasaluki posted:

I can't tell you how what a mindfuck it is that the Bills are scoring points.

Greg Roman is the poo poo.

One hell of a breath of fresh air after the watery turd that was the Bills offense under Marrone and Hackett

EDIT: It really can't be understated how huge of a favor Marrone did for the Bills by walking out on them

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 28, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

How guaranteed was all that guaranteed money he got? Eg. if you cut him the day after the superbowl are you on the hook for $40m of dead money?

He's really not the problem, guys.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

He's really not the problem, guys.

He;s also not the solution

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but neither is anybody else. The solution is whiskey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

there is no solution

it's the Miami dolphins

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cards are letting palmer take too many hits. he's not as injury prone as the media seems to be talking but he shouldn't be taking a big shot on every play. great that they're giving him time to make the quality throws but ened to keep the hits away

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Bengals/Cardinals Superbowl incoming

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0QvY3zV3WI

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

BURN DOWN THE DOLPHINS

MOVE THEM TO LA

Ryan Tannehill is trash just like I thought, but hoped I was wrong. Philbin is a goddamn liability.

Trade Tannehill to Dallas and in 4 years the cap will be fixed.

tannenhill is no tom brady but what do you expect him to do with no offensive line?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Amazing.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So the Eagles have the following 4 games before the bye.

@Was
NO
NYG
@Car

I think things might be alright. Those are all winnable games. We could be at the bye at 5-2 although I think 3-4 is a bit more realistic.

I think the Wild Ride has calmed down some.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
She killed Philbin? Motorcade imo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If the Eagles can be at least 3-3 after that stretch I'll be pleased.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shyduck posted:

If the Eagles can be at least 3-3 after that stretch I'll be pleased.

Me too. I'm actually going to the Saints game and it would be really cool if that game could get us back to having a winning record.

Actually, poo poo, if Dallas loses next week we could be in the lead in the division in two weeks. Jesus our division is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Bengals are 3-0, Ravens are 0-3, Big Ben is dead and the Browns are the Browns. Life is great.

• Locked thread