Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Be impressed if you can be 3-3 after 7 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ungratek posted:

I can't count. :downs:

I'd be happy with 3-4 considering how easy the back of our schedule should be.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am eating pizza because I am sad

It is BBQ chicken pizza

It's on a spooky plate

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ungratek posted:

There's always the chance of a tie!

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
tyrod taylor for MVP

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ungratek posted:

It's NFC East math

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PantsFreeZone posted:

They might get rid of Coyle as an act of appeasement. But Philbin gets his last 5-11/6-10 season then we start the cycle of poo poo all over again.

The defense has been a total let down, yeah.

And the offensive line has been putrid. Tannehill's getting destroyed again. And Philbin already hated running the ball so with this blocking there isn't any way Miller or whomever else they throw out there is getting any respect from the opposing defense.

Ehud posted:

It is BBQ chicken pizza

It's on a spooky plate

That pizza looks awesome. Is that from Guido's? I miss them having a place in Plantation. :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

The defense has been a total let down, yeah.

And the offensive line has been putrid. Tannehill's getting destroyed again. And Philbin already hated running the ball so with this blocking there isn't any way Miller or whomever else they throw out there is getting any respect from the opposing defense.

That pizza looks awesome. Is that from Guido's? I miss them having a place in Plantation. :smith:

From a place called Jet's

@AdamHBeasley: Per Miami-Dade police: Miko Grimes has been arrested on charges of battery on a police officer, resisting arrest with violence.

She will be processed (prints and mugshot) on equipment that I maintain hahaha

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

tannenhill is no tom brady but what do you expect him to do with no offensive line?

I expect him to be able to get the ball into the endzone some way or other with 8 tries from the 3, lovely coaches and play calls be damned

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Someone fill me in on this Miko thing because I have no idea who she is

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bradford was a little brutal today but his statline would have at least been average if the Eagles didn't have, what, 5 drops? I think it was 5. Two of them would've been likely TDs.

That said, the only thing keeping Bradford ahead of Sanchez right now is the known quantity of Sanchez being a pick machine. And that's not huge separation because Bradford has 4 picks through 3 games. But in St. Louis he protected the football pretty well (38 INT in 49 games) while Sanchez has thrown 50 INT in his last 40 games. Otherwise I'd say to bring Sanchez in because Bradford's accuracy has been awful (56 COMP% across weeks 2-3) and despite all odds Sanchez had a 64% completion rate in Philly last year.

Also it could destroy Bradford's knees but the reality is, Chip's offense works better when the read option actually, you know, has an option. Sam is going to have to keep the ball a few times. Suck it up and take the hits. Nick did, and Nick's QB keepers were loving amazing to watch. It's not just the offensive line causing problems in the running game, it's that the zone read is just a glorified handoff right now. Defenses don't, haven't, and won't expect Sam to keep it, so they swallow up the point of attack. How can you hand the ball off from shotgun over and over and expect success in the NFL if that's all you do in the running game?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Ed Hochuli is a bit of a dick.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Trast posted:

Fire Joe Philbin

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

I expect him to be able to get the ball into the endzone some way or other with 8 tries from the 3, lovely coaches and play calls be damned

put miko grimes in

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A literal crazy person

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

I'm glad they clarified that it's HoF Jim Kelly's statline and not notable martial artist Jim Kelly

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
If the Arizona Cardinals keep winning what are the chances they change the name and uniforms? I mean nobody freaking cares about the Arizona Cardinals right?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Brent Grimes loudmouth wife who has a radio spot and newspaper column besides being less than literate nor orally gifted outside of the bedroom i assume.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apologies if already posted, but this Le'Veon Bell vine is loving great: https://vine.co/v/exPi3papXTT

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

chilihead posted:

If the Arizona Cardinals keep winning what are the chances they change the name and uniforms? I mean nobody freaking cares about the Arizona Cardinals right?

:psyduck:

What?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Apologies if already posted, but this Le'Veon Bell vine is loving great: https://vine.co/v/exPi3papXTT

Didnt kick anyone in the face B-

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ROSS WOULD YOU PLEASE PICK UP THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE IN THE LOBBY

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Sam Bradford has some of his best games against the Redskins so I don't see why the Eagles won't be able to get right against them

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So when do they fire Rob Ryan? Tonight? Tomorrow?

The D made a few stops today but overall they are not good and haven't improved in any noticeable way from last season. The defensive free agents over the last 2 years have been injured / worthless. Not sure of the exact numbers but between a couple of good Olsen catches and a bomb to Ted Ginn, Browner had to have given up 130-160 yds.

Something completely obvious between both teams was initial contact. The Saints would get a runner in space or a WR catching a short pass and the 1st CAR defender to contact also stopped forward progress cold even if they didn't finish the tackle. In the reverse situation, the first New Orleans defender would fly in, ping their shoulderpads or a forearm off of the runner and they'd get an extra 2-5 yds before being gang tackled / brought down from behind. They did it all last year and its the same now. It's not like they are even forcing a lot of turnovers to make up for coming into contact that way.

Final pick aside McCown put up a very respectable game for a backup. That was a totally winnable game for a team with even a remotely competent defense given the offensive we put out today.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

I'm not sure what this means. Is he admitting he plays favorites with QBs? Is he saying Tom Brady would get that call? I don't get it.

Anyway, Cam once again put the team on his back this week. Put up good stats, no terrible decisions I can recall, and his 3 worst plays came on receiver fuckups (Bersin fell down, Ginn wasn't looking for the ball, Dickson dropped a pass). Of course this came because the D-Line was getting no pressure, but he got similar results in Houston even with the d-line bearing down on him the whole game. He should be able to do about the same to the Bucs next week and the Panthers could be looking at their first 4-0 start in team history. It's a good thing too, because after that it's a loving meat grinder for a while. Unfortunately I think our scheduling is going to cost us the division to the falcons- so far it looks like our common NFC opponents (NFC East) are going to be playing the Falcons when they're at their weakest/don't have certain things figured out yet. Our divisional matchups with them will likely determine the division if they haven't run away with it, barring some weird injury or something. Meanwhile the Bucs and Saints both look like teams that could angle for top-5 picks in April. Hopefully not high enough to get the huge difference makers. This all bodes well for our future, especially if we can stay healthy next year.

EDIT: Apparently Hochuli says he said "you're too bold to get that call." I get it... even less now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

tyrod time

go bills

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Raiders bandwagon, bitches

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

From a place called Jet's

Jet's is good stuff. At least you have that going for you today.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zimbomonkey posted:

EDIT: Apparently Hochuli says he said "you're too bold to get that call." I get it... even less now.

Sure you did, Ed

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

PantsFreeZone posted:

He truly is

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I experienced every stage of grief today. I knew the 49ers were poo poo, but come on. Come. On.
Kaepernick, get fired into the sun.

E: Still have a better record than Baltimore

Idiot Kicker fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 28, 2015

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Intruder posted:

Hope he gets cut and revives his career in Houston :v:

I remember a mock draft a little while back I made an offer for him in trade and was told I'd have to START with JJ Watt :lol:

call out the homer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

It is BBQ chicken pizza

It's on a spooky plate

Uh what the gently caress I ate BbQ chicken to cheer myself up too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

go gently caress yourself, jimmy clausen

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

So when do they fire Rob Ryan? Tonight? Tomorrow?

The D made a few stops today but overall they are not good and haven't improved in any noticeable way from last season. The defensive free agents over the last 2 years have been injured / worthless. Not sure of the exact numbers but between a couple of good Olsen catches and a bomb to Ted Ginn, Browner had to have given up 130-160 yds.

Something completely obvious between both teams was initial contact. The Saints would get a runner in space or a WR catching a short pass and the 1st CAR defender to contact also stopped forward progress cold even if they didn't finish the tackle. In the reverse situation, the first New Orleans defender would fly in, ping their shoulderpads or a forearm off of the runner and they'd get an extra 2-5 yds before being gang tackled / brought down from behind. They did it all last year and its the same now. It's not like they are even forcing a lot of turnovers to make up for coming into contact that way.

Final pick aside McCown put up a very respectable game for a backup. That was a totally winnable game for a team with even a remotely competent defense given the offensive we put out today.

Eh, the offense coughed up the ball on the 2nd to last drive and the defense got a stop. It's not just on the defense.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Weekend at Bernie's was fun! Hadn't seen it in a long time, I recommend it next time you need to kill an hour and a half

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Weekend at Bernie's was fun! Hadn't seen it in a long time, I recommend it next time you need to kill an hour and a half

it's a really ownage movie

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Idiot Kicker posted:

I experienced every stage of grief today. I knew the 49ers were poo poo, but come on. Come. On.
Kaepernick, get fired into the sun.

E: Still have a better record than Baltimore

Tied for second place in the NFC West!

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Ehud posted:

It is BBQ chicken pizza

It's on a spooky plate

Toothless! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Adlai Stevenson posted:

No thanks I will get Vincent's recommendation instead

• Locked thread