Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mokinokaro posted:

Alvida is a support only character. You can't play as her.

But I want her skills! :(

I guess a better question is which mission can I do where she functions as a support character so I can do a kizuna with her? Is it just get lucky with dream log?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty much. Also, I don't know what platform you're playing on but on Playstation you need to manually download the costumes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Failboattootoot posted:

I guess a better question is which mission can I do where she functions as a support character so I can do a kizuna with her? Is it just get lucky with dream log?

Yeah. She's an East Blue pirate and shows up in the beauty contest things, I can remember that off-hand.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
I'm playing lots of DW8E and it's super easy (maybe I played it on an easy level), and then changing to DW8XLCE every mission has really harsh time limits especially if I'm going to try and chain battles together. Is this something that changes later in the game?

e: nvm, I worked it out.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 27, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

quakster posted:

Pretty much. Also, I don't know what platform you're playing on but on Playstation you need to manually download the costumes.

I have done so, at least I think I have. Everything says installed but the pre order stuff. Still can't use it though. Good to know Alvida is kicking around East Blue somewhere, since that's the direction I have been going in..

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Failboattootoot posted:

I have done so, at least I think I have. Everything says installed but the pre order stuff. Still can't use it though. Good to know Alvida is kicking around East Blue somewhere, since that's the direction I have been going in..

I mean in Dream Logs, it has things like "East Blue vs. Grand Line!" or something, and Alvida is one of the likely allies for East Blue pirates. I think her army is in one of the beauty contests and picking that would 100% have Alvida being your ally.

She's also a devil fruit user, though there's so many of those the east blue things are your best bet if you don't have the specific World's Greatest Beauty.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I've had several dream log levels where Alvida and Hancock randomly appear in a corner of the map and fight each other, and defeating one makes the other join your side, so you might get lucky with one of those even if the level description is unrelated.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Is this the spot to ask questions about Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence? I couldn't find a thread dedicated to the series.

I am playing my first game as Shimazu and have managed to expand my territory to include most of the southern half of Kyushu. However, most of the armies my officers can field are between 500-1000. I am trying to take over a particularly difficult castle with a garrison of 1000. I have an issue where I cannot force my armies to surround the castle because it seems there is only room for three armies to be next to it (I have like 15). Is there a way to either merge armies or force the rest of my military to work together to take over this enemy territory?
As far as I know, no, only room for three of your units + a tribe unit. So far I've settled for storming the castle to bring the HP down, rotating the armies in and out of the siege. Also, if you literally only have 500-1000 men armies you should spend some time upgrading your conscripts/letting your armies rebuild.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Suaimhneas posted:

I've had several dream log levels where Alvida and Hancock randomly appear in a corner of the map and fight each other, and defeating one makes the other join your side, so you might get lucky with one of those even if the level description is unrelated.

I get this event all the time for some reason. Like it's this and any of the Vista events pretty much every stage. Meanwhile I did not get the "Join the Blackbeard Crew" event until like my third time resetting the strong warriors in Dream Log, which put off me getting Burgess' skill poster until then and shut me out of a lot of skills.

Now I can't advance my skills until I beat Minotaurus, Coby, Vergo, Vista, and Jozu 10 times each and it's getting pretty frustrating.

E: I can't believe they made it so you can't buy levels after 50 again like they did in PW2 and the entire Nightmare log is level 100+ and forced Extra Hard difficulty. It's like they want you to just use one person for the whole Nightmare Log.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 26, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Does the Impel Down level in story mode count as four defeats for Minotauros?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm not sure since it doesn't track it for you. I thought about doing it and counting but I know I'm already pretty close to getting the 10 kills off of Dream Log so I wouldn't know where I'm at if I counted them.

It kind of sucks for all these "Defeat X 10 times" skills because they are always the second skill and the first one is always either to use their Kizuna attack so many times. So if you've done the Legend Log before doing Dream Log then you miss out on a lot of kills for some people.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Failboattootoot posted:

Max Mr. 3's level asap, his max crew level gates "defeat Mr. 3 ten times" :psyduck:

Suaimhneas posted:

iirc it only counts as one and the increment is when they retreat, not when they run out of HP.

Jibo posted:

E: I can't believe they made it so you can't buy levels after 50 again like they did in PW2 and the entire Nightmare log is level 100+ and forced Extra Hard difficulty. It's like they want you to just use one person for the whole Nightmare Log.

Almost any Nightmare Log enemy will knock you down even with Grit++, so you're restricted to characters with no wind-up anyway.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 26, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

I hate to ask this because I know the answer is going to make me feel stupid but how do you use the new specials you unlock? They all say requires level 2 bar which I assumed meant 2 blocks of the gauge but that doesn't seem to be it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hold the button.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

kissekatt posted:

As far as I know, no, only room for three of your units + a tribe unit. So far I've settled for storming the castle to bring the HP down, rotating the armies in and out of the siege. Also, if you literally only have 500-1000 men armies you should spend some time upgrading your conscripts/letting your armies rebuild.

Thanks for the advice. I tried rotating and storming castles. Also, I read somewhere that if you manually control the battle outside a castle, once you defeat the enemy you can automatically damage the castle before the siege begins.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Tae posted:

Hold the button.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh in case anyone else was having the same problem I was, I finally got the DLC to show up after I uninstalled and rebuilt my database.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 27, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I just realized that when you use Moria's scissors to chop off someone's shadow, the game does not actually remove the shadow from the character. :argh:

Also I should have Plat by the end of the day, so that's like significantly faster than any other Warriors game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first Ken's Rage was the easiest to get all the cheevos, play through every character's storyline and spend about 20 minutes killing stuff with Toki and that was it.

Still a fair amount of time but compared to like 'play through every single stage using every available character in story mode' in SW4 it was nothing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jibo posted:

Also I should have Plat by the end of the day, so that's like significantly faster than any other Warriors game.

Everyone's Crew Level is maxed? Plat is deceptively rough in this game. That said,

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

Everyone's Crew Level is maxed? Plat is deceptively rough in this game. That said,

Most of the way there anyway, I've just been going to the start screen for Dream Log battles and if neither of my allies need to be leveled then I exit out. Stylish++, High Tension++, Battlefield Charisma++ and go nuts, you get them quickly enough.

Burgess just won't loving show up for me though and he's stuck at level 1 with everyone else at 3 or 4.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Find an island where you can play as Blackbeard Pirates, he's pretty much a shoe-in for those. You might have to restart a couple times when it gives you just Blackbeard though. There's one on the west branch fairly far along the line but closer to the center that's Whitebeard vs Blackbeard vs Shanks, it was good for what I needed.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Kind of excited for dragon quest warriors, but... I certainly hope it's not all generator defense missions and enemies only come in from portals. A bit of contradictory information out there that made it sound like a tower defense game for a bit.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Jibo posted:

I just realized that when you use Moria's scissors to chop off someone's shadow, the game does not actually remove the shadow from the character. :argh:

On the plus side, you're not required to leave them alive to use their shadows :v:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Drakenel posted:

Kind of excited for dragon quest warriors, but... I certainly hope it's not all generator defense missions and enemies only come in from portals. A bit of contradictory information out there that made it sound like a tower defense game for a bit.

It really seems like fighting the famous boss monsters is the main point of the game. Not super Musou like, which will be a nice change.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors since 4, are any of them worth getting on PC? I assume they're all mediocre ports. But I've been wanting something that plays like that with some decent RPG elements.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All the dw games except tokiden are good ports, in my experience.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

mikeycp posted:

It really seems like fighting the famous boss monsters is the main point of the game. Not super Musou like, which will be a nice change.

Good. The last thing I would hope to expect from Koei is a dungeon defenders clone.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Samurai Warriors 4 for PS4 is only 28.70 on Amazon. I played the hell out of the Zelda game and put some hours into Warriors Orochi 3 on Wii U but the pop in of the enemies is bothering me. Think it's a safe bet I'd be into the Samurai one?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Samurai Warriors 4 for PS4 is only 28.70 on Amazon. I played the hell out of the Zelda game and put some hours into Warriors Orochi 3 on Wii U but the pop in of the enemies is bothering me. Think it's a safe bet I'd be into the Samurai one?

Enemy pop-in is basically nonexistent in SW4. You get tons of dudes and new movesets designed specifically to mow them down en masse. It's excellent.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Maleketh posted:

Enemy pop-in is basically nonexistent in SW4. You get tons of dudes and new movesets designed specifically to mow them down en masse. It's excellent.

Sounds like what I am looking for. I appreciate the input. Gonna pick this up tomorrow.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
No face dent on Bellamy after his fight. PW3 officially worst game.

Seriously though, I am have been putting off this game precisely because have been and now am at the point where I have stopped reading the manga. I do know some broad strokes, but I will probably be lost.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Well this kind of snuck up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/348470/

Selane
May 19, 2006

Awwww yeah. Time to break out Ii Naotora and Saika Magoichi, press Triangle once, and watch everyone within 500 miles die instantly all over again!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What snuck up?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Samurai Warriors 4-II is out on Steam tomorrow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Being on pc was part of its big announcement. I thought you meant it released early or something.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
And it's apparently a PS3 port. Again.

Koei, why?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does Koei still refuse to use DirectInput or whatever for thier PC ports?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does Koei still refuse to use DirectInput or whatever for thier PC ports?

Most companies, I assume, would refuse to use DirectInput for their PC ports because it's being phased out since the introduction of XInput :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

Most companies, I assume, would refuse to use DirectInput for their PC ports because it's being phased out since the introduction of XInput :(

Yeah but they won't be using Xinput either. Unless they've changed their mind.