Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Crossposting from the painting thread, I finally finished this sucka:

Lots more pictures:
Facebook album https://www.facebook.com/TinyPlasticSpacemen/posts/993174327400965
Imgur album https://imgur.com/a/pl4qk

This is pretty loving good.

Moola posted:

lol if you buy 7th edition books

GW need to invest in printer ink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Raphus C posted:

This is pretty loving good.

Thanks man! I just uploaded the August Oath Thread pictures, one of them was your Dakka ChoppaJet and it reminded of how fantastic your scratchbuilds are, I wish I had a small bit of your skills there!

I'm amazed there are folks that get every single codex, even for armies they don't play. I know what it's like to be a nerd completionist, but maybe this is a manifestation of me living in Britain (and its tiny houses) for so long now. Anywy, when I talked to Jervis at the last Warhammer World open day he must have been getting earfuls of people telling him the codex releases were coming so quick because without prompting he told me that they understood that it was getting harder for people to keep up with the game books. I do wonder what the mood will be like in the seminars at the next one in a couple of weeks.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 27, 2015

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

krushgroove posted:

I'm amazed there are folks that get every single codex, even for armies they don't play.

I haven't played for probably ten years, please reference previous pictures. please someone play with me

(That knight is also freaking awesome).

Moola posted:

lol if you buy 7th edition books

I could also take a picture of the shelf above where I have all of the End Times books, where I got back into buying WFB. And now I'm tracking down 8th edition Army Books, but I can't give GW money for them, so that should make you happy.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thegodofchuck posted:

(That knight is also freaking awesome).
Thanks very much :)

quote:

I could also take a picture of the shelf above where I have all of the End Times books, where I got back into buying WFB. And now I'm tracking down 8th edition Army Books, but I can't give GW money for them, so that should make you happy.
Well, if you have that much money and don't mind spending it...do, uh, you want a commission painted army? :)

I get where you're coming from though, I think I still have all of my 2nd edition D&D books and 3rd edition GURPS books and sourcebooks, plus stuff for other games like Hackmaster, Traveller and other things. It's only been very recently that I've tried selling some of them off, and this is after moving them from Texas to California to the UK.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

krushgroove posted:

Thanks guys :) I guess I worked on it for so long I started to see flaws everywhere I looked, especially in close-up pictures

TWLM - that's Darkstar Miniatures metallics on it, it's a new UK line of paints, they only do metallics and they're quite nice. The gold is their Royal Gold, then Pale Gold for the goldy-silver highlights and finally I think it was Pewter which is a really bright silver.

Look like they have people stocking it in Canada too so many thanks!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

thegodofchuck posted:

And now I'm tracking down 8th edition Army Books, but I can't give GW money for them, so that should make you happy.

jokes on you, nothing makes me happy :smug:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Look like they have people stocking it in Canada too so many thanks!

Good! I think it's a really good line of paints, easily airbrushable with thinning and good from a brush as well. Everything metallic on the Knight is Darkstar, it's all I've been using lately - although I've never tried the Vallejo alcohol paints or very much of the GW metallics. They sell the ranges in 'triad' type packs as well so you can get a set of gold, a set of brass, etc.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Bavius posted:

Feeling very hobby oriented right now - my space ship corridors just came in so with the help of a friend we got them assembled and about half painted. Also got my buddies table from him so I have a new dining room warham table.

Is that Dag's old table? Does he not 'Ham anymore?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Any goons going to the Warhammer World open day? I'm going with a couple of players from my group, we're going to pick up some Forge World stuff and sit in on a couple (at least) of the seminars, would be cool to meet some of you (please don't shank me or anything).

Alternately, if anyone wants something exclusive or new or whatever, drop me an email at krushgroove169 @gmail.com, PMs are ok too but email is much easier to deal with.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

Not even close. Books are physically bigger this time around.

So what you're saying is that they made all the books hardcover simply to charge more for them, without delivering any additional content?

That seems ill-advised and rude.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ignite Memories posted:

Warhammer 40k: That seems ill-advised and rude.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

muggins posted:

Thought I'd share some pics from our hh event at the Michigan GT

http://m.imgur.com/a/Xpdku

These look great. I love the Guilliman figure - but on the table he doesn't look like he is in combat enough :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Krushgroove, gonna echo the choir of folks going on about how dope that Knight looks. It's been cool seeing your painting get better over the last few years and I think that stompy robit is some of your best work I've seen.

Ignite Memories posted:

So what you're saying is that they made all the books hardcover simply to charge more for them, without delivering any additional content?

They have full color artwork and higher page counts in addition to just being physically larger. My 6th ed Marine codex is 178 pages and the 5th ed one is like 140, and also falling apart because the paperback spine isn't as durable. Honestly my only problem with the hardback codices is that they replaced a bunch of them way too fast. I still haven't gotten the 7th ed Marines codex and they're my primary army.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

BULBASAUR posted:

What kind of army did you take? I'd love to hear more about what the meta was like. Awesome pictures btw.

I brought Fulgrim, Eidolon, 20 man assault marine squad, 10 man tactical in a rhino, 10 man palatine blades, sicaran Venator and a spartan. Fulgrim and palatine blades rode in the spartan. It worked OK but I think I'd drop Fulgrim for more AT if I had stuff painted.

My first game was against an all tank Iron Warriors list and a drop pod Ultramarines list. We had to control certain fortifications around the board it just blew. My partner played mechanicum. We couldn't blow up tanks because we had to concentrate on two drop Melta squads a plasma squad, gulliman and some suzeirain or whatever they are and two tacs. It wasn't fun.

My second game was against white scars with flyers and tacs in rhinos with some bikes and salamanders with fire drakes, vulkhan , and tac squads. It was a lot closer. My partner had iron Warriors with pertuabo and he kicked rear end. My army did what it was supposed to do - assault quickly and sweep people. We won but it was closer.

Overall it was fun but it's 40k so there were definitely some blowouts. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it was probably enough to tide me over for a while

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Ghost Hand posted:

These look great. I love the Guilliman figure - but on the table he doesn't look like he is in combat enough :(

If I had him I'd magnetize his feet so I could put him on a less shelf like base. Something that looked like a battlefield.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

Krushgroove, gonna echo the choir of folks going on about how dope that Knight looks. It's been cool seeing your painting get better over the last few years and I think that stompy robit is some of your best work I've seen.

Daw :3

Coming from someone as prolific as you that means loads! I've got a Knight of my own I've been working on very slowly, hopefully you'll get to see it next year :)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Krushgroove that owns bones and is legit one of the better knights i've seen.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

Every model gets the benefit of the canticles of the omnissiah. This can lead to up to 3 knight crusaders boogalooing with 2+ cover save for 2 turns in a row.

Secondly. All wargear upgrades are free. ALL. In my 1850 ETC list, i am playing with 700 points more than the dude across me. All weapons lose Gets Hot aswell.

Hahaha, holy christ. I am so so glad I stopped playing vanilla 40k. This and that dumb marine formation exemplify how broken everything is. I won't even care when it gets Emperored next year because it's halfway there already :psyduck:

muggins posted:

I brought Fulgrim, Eidolon, 20 man assault marine squad, 10 man tactical in a rhino, 10 man palatine blades, sicaran Venator and a spartan. Fulgrim and palatine blades rode in the spartan. It worked OK but I think I'd drop Fulgrim for more AT if I had stuff painted.

My first game was against an all tank Iron Warriors list and a drop pod Ultramarines list. We had to control certain fortifications around the board it just blew. My partner played mechanicum. We couldn't blow up tanks because we had to concentrate on two drop Melta squads a plasma squad, gulliman and some suzeirain or whatever they are and two tacs. It wasn't fun.

My second game was against white scars with flyers and tacs in rhinos with some bikes and salamanders with fire drakes, vulkhan , and tac squads. It was a lot closer. My partner had iron Warriors with pertuabo and he kicked rear end. My army did what it was supposed to do - assault quickly and sweep people. We won but it was closer.

Overall it was fun but it's 40k so there were definitely some blowouts. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it was probably enough to tide me over for a while

You should post your poo poo more, dude. There are a few vocal 30k guys in the thread, but it's awesome to see cool and good new stuff.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Sure I can, this thread usually just moves too fast for me to follow. I will make sure to post more about it. We plan on doing a campaign soon. In my club we have

Imperial Fists
Emperors Children
Word Bearers
Death Guard
Imperial Guard
Mechanicus

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yes. Our group has:

Word Bearers
Sons of Horus
Thousand Sons
Iron Warriors (using Iron Hand rules)
Mechanicus
Blood Angels

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I felt incredibly guilty making it, and I still can't believe it's legal, but I've put together a Space Marines + War Convocation list for the upcoming GT in Minnesota. I would never run this list in a friendly game unless my opponent wanted to play against it.

Librarian - Auspex - Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad - 5 Marines - Flamer - Combi Flamer - Drop Pod

Tactical squad - 5 Marines - Melta - Combi-Melta - Drop Pod

3x Individual Drop Pods

Knight Crusader - Avenger Gatling Cannon - Double Battle Cannon - Heavy Stubber - Heavy Flamer - Stormspear Rockets - Mark of the Omnissiah

Skiitari Vanguard - 5 Vanguard - 2x Arc Rifle - Arc Pistol - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Pater Radium - Conversion Field

Skiitari Vanguard - 10 Vanguard - 3x Arc Rifle - Arc Pistol - Omniscient Mask - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Conversion Field

Skiitari Vanguard - 10 Vangaurd - 3x Plasma Culverin - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Phosphoenix - Conversion Field

Techpriest Dominus - Eradication Ray - Macrostubber - Power Ax - Raiment of the Technomartyr - Conversion Field - Infoslave Skull - Digital Weapons

Kataphron Destroyers - 3x Destroyers - Phosphor Blaster - Heavy Grav Cannon

Kastelan Robot Maniple - 2x Robots - Heavy Phosphor - TL Heavy Phosphor - 1x Datasmith - Gamma Pistol - Dataspike - Digital Weapons - Powerfist - Conversion Field - Autocadius of Arkan Land - Infoslave Skull

That's about 2600 points of stuff at 1850. I'm gonna run it in a tournament, but I'm not proud. The hell was GW thinking?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sales sales sales! Through the roof!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Sales sales sales! Through the roof!

Jokes on them. I'm running it all as Space Skaven. My entire list is using 2nd hand skaven and Mantic Veer Myn. The Veer Myn are the Skiitari, Rat Ogres as the Destroyers, and Stormfiends as the Kastelan Robots. The knight is going to be scratch built.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I saw a list at the GT this weekend that was thunder wolves, two heldrakes, 20 bloodletters, and a bunch of warp spiders. It was =(

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Master Twig posted:

I felt incredibly guilty making it, and I still can't believe it's legal, but I've put together a Space Marines + War Convocation list for the upcoming GT in Minnesota. I would never run this list in a friendly game unless my opponent wanted to play against it.

Librarian - Auspex - Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad - 5 Marines - Flamer - Combi Flamer - Drop Pod

Tactical squad - 5 Marines - Melta - Combi-Melta - Drop Pod

3x Individual Drop Pods

Knight Crusader - Avenger Gatling Cannon - Double Battle Cannon - Heavy Stubber - Heavy Flamer - Stormspear Rockets - Mark of the Omnissiah

Skiitari Vanguard - 5 Vanguard - 2x Arc Rifle - Arc Pistol - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Pater Radium - Conversion Field

Skiitari Vanguard - 10 Vanguard - 3x Arc Rifle - Arc Pistol - Omniscient Mask - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Conversion Field

Skiitari Vanguard - 10 Vangaurd - 3x Plasma Culverin - Omnispex - Arc Maul - Digital Weapons - Phosphoenix - Conversion Field

Techpriest Dominus - Eradication Ray - Macrostubber - Power Ax - Raiment of the Technomartyr - Conversion Field - Infoslave Skull - Digital Weapons

Kastelan Robot Maniple - 2x Robots - Heavy Phosphor - TL Heavy Phosphor - 1x Datasmith - Gamma Pistol - Dataspike - Digital Weapons - Powerfist - Conversion Field - Autocadius of Arkan Land - Infoslave Skull

That's about 2600 points of stuff at 1850. I'm gonna run it in a tournament, but I'm not proud. The hell was GW thinking?

So why doesn't the imperium just have these guys roll up on planets instead of the guard

Remember the days when it was just bolters, flashlights, and the occasional plasma or flamethrower vs the xenos hordes? I don't even know what any of that poo poo is.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 28, 2015

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

chutche2 posted:

So why doesn't the imperium just have these guys roll up on planets instead of the guard

Budget cuts.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Where do you guys recommend I get a Heavy Bolter to put underneath the Land Speeder? It only comes with the pintle mounted option, and only an Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer as the underslung option...

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Master Twig posted:

My buddy who follows formation hammer said dis

quote:

That's not legal. It's missing 4 complete units that are required before it gets the free upgrades and you only get them for the Ad Mech units.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

muggins posted:

My buddy who follows formation hammer said dis

He's wrong. Here's the formation rules.

http://i.imgur.com/Wo2d2Ts.png

The three skiitari units cover the Skiitari Battle Maniple, the Knight covers the Oathsworn Detachment and the Tech Priest, Destroyers and Robits cover the Battle Congregation. All units in the formation get free upgrades. The upgrades taken on the marines are paid for in my list.

Edit: Is it :filez: to post this?

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 28, 2015

Mestizo
Sep 19, 2003

"Why would anyone want to kill me, I'm awesome"
Anyone have a good recommendation for a pain storing case? I just inherited an entire collection of paints, but they were given to me in a box where its hard to access all of them.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Mestizo posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a pain storing case?

Anything made by GW

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mestizo posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a pain storing case? I just inherited an entire collection of paints, but they were given to me in a box where its hard to access all of them.

On the cheap? Tackle boxes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Master Twig posted:

He's wrong. Here's the formation rules.

http://i.imgur.com/Wo2d2Ts.png

The three skiitari units cover the Skiitari Battle Maniple, the Knight covers the Oathsworn Detachment and the Tech Priest, Destroyers and Robits cover the Battle Congregation. All units in the formation get free upgrades. The upgrades taken on the marines are paid for in my list.

Edit: Is it :filez: to post this?

You can post whatever you want.

You have the wrong Skitarri detachment. You need the one that is one unit of everything, with the sole choice being Ironstrider or Dragoon.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You have the wrong Skitarri detachment. You need the one that is one unit of everything, with the sole choice being Ironstrider or Dragoon.

Well poo poo. Gonna have to do some serious reworking then.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Correct. It's not a Manpile detachment, it is the Manpile Formation. It means you are locked into less than exciting Sicarians.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Moola posted:

jokes on you, nothing makes me happy :smug:

same

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

serious gaylord posted:

Krushgroove that owns bones and is legit one of the better knights i've seen.

Welp that caps a good weekend :) Thanks man!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mestizo posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a pain storing case?

if you mean like a vessel for storing your woes, I dunno a lamp or a weird looking vase or something???

if youre talking about an emotional outlet I tend to do something creative; like writing, drawing or crafting

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh wait I found a case for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Tech-Priest Dominus: Anzion's Pseudogenetor; Uncreator Gauntlet; Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land; Raiment of the Technomartyr; The Scryerskull Perspicatus; eradication ray; phosphor serpenta; conversion field; digital weapons; infoslave skull 285

5 Kataphron Destroyers: 5× heavy grav-cannon; 2× cognis flamer 285
3 Kataphron Breachers 150

2 Kastelan Robots: 2× heavy phosphor blaster; 2× twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster; + 1 Cybernetica Datasmith (Mask of the Alpha Dominus; conversion field; digital weapons; infoslave skull) 360

Knight Crusader: meltagun; rapid-fire battle cannon; heavy stubber; stormspear rocket pod 475

Battle Maniple
4 Skitarii Rangers: omnispex; 2× transuranic arquebus; + 1 Ranger Alpha (The Skull of Elder Nikola; Arkhan's Divinator; arc maul; conversion field; digital weapons) 195
4 Skitarii Vanguard: omnispex; 2× arc rifle; + 1 Vanguard Alpha (arc maul; conversion field; digital weapons) 135
4 Sicarian Ruststalkers: + 1 Ruststalker Princeps (The Phase Taser; The Omniscient Mask; Pater Radium; chordclaw; conversion field; digital weapons; prehensile dataspike) 250
4 Sicarian Infiltrators: + 1 Infiltrator Princeps (Phosphoenix) 210
1 Sydonian Dragoon: phosphor serpenta 55
1 Onager Dunecrawler: icarus array; cognis heavy stubber; mindscanner probe; cognis manipulator 165

2.565 points

:getin: 1850 points of war convocation bullshit.

• Locked thread