Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Sono posted:

Everyone's a special little snowflake!

Top Indigo Characteristics

Brilliant with technology
Relaxed and casual
Peer-oriented
Love junk food
High energy
Bored in school and easily distracted
Multi-task effortlessly
Blunt in communication
Unswayed by previous social norms
View entitlement as a right
Androgynous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lawman 0 posted:

I was about to send some chick a message and then I noticed she has what I think is a hole in her neck. :stonklol:

:getin: :grin:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Bored posted:

She has "the shinning".

Shhh! You wanna get sued?

E:

Lufiron posted:

Relaxed and casual
Peer-oriented
Love junk food
High energy
Multi-task effortlessly
Blunt in communication
Androgynous

It's pretty amazing how well the characteristics of indigo children line up with those of the average spoiled lazy brat. It's not bad parenting after all, my child's just an extra special genius!

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 27, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

open relationship girl has a thing on her profile saying that she's down for polyamory but would be just as okay going for a monogamous relationship

that means that she's willing to dump her current bf as soon as she finds someone better. why would you put that on a dating website?

edit: i feel bad for this goon i don't even know. if you're in pittsburgh and you're dating a black girl in cleveland, pm me. we need to talk :smith:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
No kidding, just a matter of time until his E/N thread drops.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

I was about to send some chick a message and then I noticed she has what I think is a hole in her neck. :stonklol:

I don't see an additional penetration hole as a problem.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Lufiron posted:

Relaxed and casual
Peer-oriented
Love junk food
High energy
Multi-task effortlessly
Blunt in communication
Androgynous

So I'm guessing this was sort of a spiritual predecessor to antisocial nerds self diagnosing aspergers syndrome.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

notZaar posted:

So I'm guessing this was sort of a spiritual predecessor to antisocial nerds self diagnosing aspergers syndrome.

A friend's wife does private music lessons for kids through the local University. Her clientele is mostly pretty wealthy, and she has multiple clients that refer to one or more of their children as Indigo children. It absolves them (in their eyes,) of any real responsibility to discipline the kid. They're pretty reliably atrociously behaved.

If someone seriously tried to tell me that their kid is some kind of old-spirit bullshit special snowflake, I'd be extremely hard pressed to not punch them in the godamned mouth.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
When I was a kid I thought I was literally from space.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

MrYenko posted:

A friend's wife does private music lessons for kids through the local University. Her clientele is mostly pretty wealthy, and she has multiple clients that refer to one or more of their children as Indigo children. It absolves them (in their eyes,) of any real responsibility to discipline the kid. They're pretty reliably atrociously behaved.

If someone seriously tried to tell me that their kid is some kind of old-spirit bullshit special snowflake, I'd be extremely hard pressed to not punch them in the godamned mouth.

Funniest part is that those parents are just giving their kids a huge handicap in life. Good luck getting rid of your bizarre entitled worldview when you're an adult and people won't tolerate your poo poo.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

notZaar posted:

No. Indigos are for those with ADHD.

Cyrstal children are for the aspies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

notZaar posted:

Nah, it's hippie stuff, and generally as folks have pointed out less a cool way of describing yourself and more something parents do to explain away their uncontrollable kids.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The thing I don't get about 60s hippie theory is that on one hand all authority is bad, but on the other children are a complete blank slate and anything bad they will ever do in life is because they had a bad childhood. Wouldn't you want maximum influence over them if that's truly the case?

It's much more complicated than that ofcourse but that didn't stop them from spoiling their children.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

naem
May 29, 2011

Ekster posted:

The thing I don't get about 60s hippie theory is that on one hand all authority is bad, but on the other children are a complete blank slate and anything bad they will ever do in life is because they had a bad childhood. Wouldn't you want maximum influence over them if that's truly the case?

It's much more complicated than that ofcourse but that didn't stop them from spoiling their children.

The baby boomers wanted to rebel against their hardass old fashioned WWII veteran parents so they spoiled their kids

Only the economy isn't awesome now like it was for them so we get $40 bowls of cereal for adult infants, and now angry murder mobs

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ekster posted:

Funniest part is that those parents are just giving their kids a huge handicap in life. Good luck getting rid of your bizarre entitled worldview when you're an adult and people won't tolerate your poo poo.

True story I met one of those types of kids grown up. He didn't understand why he wouldn't allowed to just take and eat coworkers food. He started getting all entitled and angry at the boss when people ended up tellling the boss as having to work all day without lunch 4days in a row is a nightmare. He ended up getting fired and tried to challenge it and lost.

The dude was a total prick and everyday going to get my sandwiches to find he took a bite in each sandwich slice, put it back then tried someone elses was the such a dick move.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
This is why you never tell your kid the story of goldilocks.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Fluo posted:

True story I met one of those types of kids grown up. He didn't understand why he wouldn't allowed to just take and eat coworkers food. He started getting all entitled and angry at the boss when people ended up tellling the boss as having to work all day without lunch 4days in a row is a nightmare. He ended up getting fired and tried to challenge it and lost.

The dude was a total prick and everyday going to get my sandwiches to find he took a bite in each sandwich slice, put it back then tried someone elses was the such a dick move.

lmao, that sounds really extreme. I just assume someone is spoiled when they have an obsession with being 'right' all the time in arguments. Especially in situations where arguing only makes things worse, regardless of how 'right' you are. Like against your boss, or against the police officer who's giving you a ticket, or against your spouse, etc.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Fluo posted:

Um, that guy has WAY more issues than being spoiled as a kid.

OKC is great at finding people with mental issues though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ekster posted:

lmao, that sounds really extreme. I just assume someone is spoiled when they have an obsession with being 'right' all the time in arguments. Especially in situations where arguing only makes things worse, regardless of how 'right' you are. Like against your boss, or against the police officer who's giving you a ticket, or against your spouse, etc.

I know a guy like this and he's super obnoxious, he made a scene literally minutes before his friend's wedding ceremony where he was in the drat wedding because the ceremony was running 5 minutes late and he was mad at the coordinator for not keeping him up to date on the schedule :rolleyes:

His house literally smells like cat piss

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
anonymous tip:

okc user darwhinnius posted:

Hello, lovely! Based on homoflexible, and willing to date someone purely on size: according to the most accurate study available, if I'm in a room with 199 guys, I'm the biggest. Statistically. That, and I gently caress for hours, and have an insatiable thirst for lady juice.

I'd love to lick every inch of you...

okc user GenuineJD posted:

Hi!

Gorgeous. I'd like to know more about you.

I realize I'm out of your dating parameters [ed - not men] and I don't normally look for woman your age [ed - 26 years younger], but I came across your profile by accident. I have a feeling you can appreciate what an experienced and mature lover and companion can bring to you.

The past year I have been experimenting and having fun. I've been casually dating mainly bisexual women, which has led to many interesting experiences. Some as "primary" relationships and others more casual. A few of them I now count as great friends even after we've moved on.

I'm hopeful to find an ongoing connection. I'm flexible to have a relationship that meets your needs as well as mine. Everyone is different. The fun is in the journey, so I am open to any possibility.

Random facts - I enjoy scuba diving, now going for my advanced certification and in the process of earning my private pilot's licence.

Jordan

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 28, 2015

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't even read all that poo poo and I imagine most women don't either. 2 sentences guys, 2 sentences.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

"I'd love to lick every inch of you..."

Hmm.

Thirsty goober

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

quote:

My self-summary
IG: kuudere.kou

My name is Danielle, but please call me Dani or Keiko. [kay-co] I love to be picked up and spun around, sometimes I unconsciously rock back and forth while I'm sitting, and I have a habit of collecting things. I am used to being abused and tossed aside, so please forgive me if it takes time for me to trust you.

a hell of a start

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Business Gorillas posted:

a hell of a start

She's cute.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

I love to be picked up and spun around, [...]. I am used to being tossed aside,

Stop picking partners with lovely grip.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jubs posted:

She's cute.

Wet it up

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Brits can be cute.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

computer parts posted:

Brits can be cute.

I live in cleveland lmao

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

I live in cleveland

My sincerest condolences

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I live in cleveland lmao

Oh meth-based dentistry

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Shumagorath posted:

anonymous tip:

speaking of annoying blowhards

profile quotes:

"I have no skin color/racial preferences. I am however, very faithful to god and although I find debating with atheists fun, I don't think I could find a deep intamacy with a "non-believer"."

"I'd like to start a family someday. So I think unconsciously I dig ladies with curvy hips."

my profile specifically says i'm atheist and don't want kids

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Jubs posted:

She's cute.

- crooked teeth
- has anime alter ego
- reveals a massive amount of baggage in first 3 sentences i've ever read about her

*swipes left while blaring airhorn*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

in my senior age of 26, i have realized i am past the stage of "cute and emotionally volatile" and now look for "pretty cute and doesn't suffer from half of the DSMIV". god bless

edit:

mitztronic posted:

My sincerest condolences
i didn't realize how bad the dating scene is up here until i was in cincinnati and turned on quickmatch since i was bored. i have like a year and a half left in this hellhole :smith:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shumagorath posted:

anonymous tip:

Oh man you didn't tell me the tip. Is the tip to be insatiable for lady juice??

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
just the tip

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

YeahTubaMike posted:

speaking of annoying blowhards

Holy poo poo I get the "don't just say 'hey' or 'hi,'" but goddamn brevity is still a thing. pick like one thing in the profile and use it as a conversation hook and :siren: do not talk about your boner right away :siren:

I can smell the trillby wafting off that message. Dude thought he could fool us by not including any "m'lady"s but we can tell.

Hey at least he cleared the low hurdle of more or less taking the brush off in stride instead of going full "ur a dyke anyway" or "if u don't love me i'll kill myself."

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

sounds like you're just cold-hearted if you didn't fall for the "i meant to type REALLY cute it was a typo!!!", tbh

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

These guys make me sad and i feel sorry for them because they have no idea/self awareness. Then i get mad at them because they have no idea/self awareness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I sent a message as long as that one time but it was a big fake troll and I thought it was kinda funny and she replied with something like "lol, you're way too close to that monkey in ur pic" which I thought wasn't a bad sign overall but guess what it was

• Locked thread