Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Jets knew what they were getting when they signed Fitzpatrick. they knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Are the Seahawks missing anyone to injury?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Cards and Bengals play during the regular season so this is impossible.
Cards can win that one, Bengals will use it for fuel in the rematch. :getin:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

Panthers with Steve Smith would be a 10-/ 10+ win team almost certainly with the way this years shaking out.

Really really glad they let him go.

I think they'll get 10 wins as it is.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NC-17 posted:

Are the Jets really going to go back to Geno though? Guy is a turnover machine.

I guess the best analogy I can think of is suicide? Folks who commit suicide don't usually-exactly want to die (they don't want Geno back), which is a frightening and painful prospect, but they have an overwhelming need for something else--anything else. When you're so low you've hit the south pole so a move in any direction whatsoever appears to be a move upwards. It's not a real solution, just an escape from the horror and unrelenting tragedy that is everyday living (as a Jets fan).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

EvanTH posted:

I guess the best analogy I can think of is suicide? Folks who commit suicide don't usually-exactly want to die (they don't want Geno back), which is a frightening and painful prospect, but they have an overwhelming need for something else--anything else. When you're so low you've hit the south pole so a move in any direction whatsoever appears to be a move upwards. It's not a real solution, just an escape from the horror and unrelenting tragedy that is everyday living (as a Jets fan).

Fitzpatrick is better than Geno. Especially if the Jets don't have 2 of their 3 best offensive skill players out...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I think they'll get 10 wins as it is.

watching panthers games, i can honestly never tell if the panthers are going to hold on to a victory or just fart it away in the 4th quarter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

watching panthers games, i can honestly never tell if the panthers are going to hold on to a victory or just fart it away in the 4th quarter

They're going to blow a 4th quarter lead this year. Resign yourself to this fact.

However, the fact that they're playing well enough with the pieces they have is a testament to the (surviving) talent on defense and Cam loving newton, as well as Rivera's ability to prepare them during the week, gameday not withstanding.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Lots of blame on Fitzpatrick here but he didn't bounce a lateral off a defender's helmet the first time the Jets got some offensive momentum going

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

Stop. The Pats almost lost to a 4-12 Jets team twice last season. Historically a 7 point NFL favorite has only a 65% chance of winning the game outright, so even if you can't find a game in their schedule where they'd be a dog, they're probably not lucky enough to win every single 60/40 70/30 matchup they encounter.

Or maybe they are since the last 15 years are predicated on being lucky enough to lottery ball the best QB ever.

Yeah, this is why it's so stupid to be talking about this at this point. Hell, let's say the Patriots have a 90% chance of winning each game from here on out, which is crazy high. That means they've got a 25% chance of an undefeated regular season (90% to the 13th power), and a 18.5% chance of 19-0 (90% to the 16th power). And that's assuming a stupidly high win chance for each and every game.

You drop that to 80%, still stupidly high, and those numbers go to 5.4% and 2.8% respectively. I suppose math has never been the strong point of sportswriters, but still. It's three loving games into the season.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Lots of blame on Fitzpatrick here but he didn't bounce a lateral off a defender's helmet the first time the Jets got some offensive momentum going
I mean he did throw three picks sooooo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Fitz was terrible the whole game. He was completely missing WR's all game and had 2 terrible picks on underthrown balls that probably should've been touchdowns.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And one of his picks was tipped at the line and I put that on Fitz because his passes were getting tipped at the line CONSTANTLY in that game, even on complete passes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bad QB play even without Decker and Ivory. ANY/A for the week c/o Chase Stuart.

Better than Kaepernick!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Cards can win that one, Bengals will use it for fuel in the rematch. :getin:

I don't think there's a single team I'd rather lose to less than one with Carson Palmer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 28, 2015

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Andrew Luck has been a disappointment. Is that the offensive line's fault? I haven't watched any Indy games.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

Better than Kaepernick!

Huh, ANY/A can go negative. Never saw that before.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

And one of his picks was tipped at the line and I put that on Fitz because his passes were getting tipped at the line CONSTANTLY in that game, even on complete passes.

That was about 50% his fault and 50% terrible guard play which is what happens when you have Brian Winters having to play...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, the Pats are not going undefeated. People forget that the 2007 team not only had the best offense of all time up to that point, but the #4 defense in the league. Right now the Pats are like the #15 defense in points allowed, and could easily end up more like #20 by the end of the year. The 2007 team had to win some close 24-20, 20-10, 21-12 games to keep their win streak going, something this team looks ill-equipped to do.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ozu posted:

Better than Kaepernick!

Why was Kellen Clemons in, did Rivers get hurt?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

actually, andy is loving garbage, and all his good plays are because his receivers are good, and his bad ones, are because he's a bad quarterback.

Q: What's Andy Dalton's favorite kind of sandwich?
A: Who loving cares he can't win a playoff game!!!!!!! Bad quarterback!!!!

Nice meltdown. Didn't realize it was the playoffs already.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The 2007 Pats defense was pretty good, but the #4 ranking was inflated because of their offense; they could just tee off on the opposing quarterback and go to town because every team knew they needed to score 30+ points to even have a chance.

I'd be surprised if they went undefeated, but I could see it happening in spite of their flaws because the AFC is really, really bad this year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

nerve posted:

I know a lot of people are down on Seattle (rightfully so) but I still think with the NFC being as weak as it is they'll compete for a WC. Cards are scary.

lol at these delusions. Seattle will shithouse AZ once again. No question about it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Why was Kellen Clemons in, did Rivers get hurt?

Chargers were down 31-7, Rivers had just thrown a pick 6 at the end of a drive where he was peeling himself off the turf of every drive. No sense in continuing to run him out there.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

nerve posted:

Are the Seahawks missing anyone to injury?

Lynch has a hamstring issue that Pete Carroll says isn't serious. Brandon Mebane suffered a groin issue, which would be a problem. We're also still missing Paul Richardson, our #1 pick from last year when he tore his ACL in the playoffs, but Tyler Lockett more or less replaced him.

Other than that, Seattle is relatively healthy right now. With the exception of the game at Cincinnati, the next 4 out of 5 games are easily winnable - Detroit and Carolina at home, SF and then Dallas (provided Romo isn't back by the time Seattle plays the Cowboys, which barring a miracle, he shouldn't be).

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

This seems personal.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The AFC East is the strongest it's been in a decade. New England is not going to sweep their division let alone go undefeated.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

NC-17 posted:

The AFC East is the strongest it's been in a decade. New England is not going to sweep their division let alone go undefeated.

Yeah but you could also say "strongest he's been in a decade" about a preteen and I could still kick his rear end

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

Actually I'm posting jokes but whatever interpretation makes you feel better about the Ravens being garbage I guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Burger Trench posted:

This seems personal.

borsche has trouble understanding things like "posting"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The other point to add to that Geno Smith/Suicide analogy is it's almost never the true best option, just the one that seems simplest and nearest at hand.

mcmagic posted:

Fitz was terrible the whole game. He was completely missing WR's all game and had 2 terrible picks on underthrown balls that probably should've been touchdowns.

Exactly. I'll be damned if it didn't look like he was targeting the CBs on some of those tosses. My personal friendgroup's theory on secondaries dropping interceptions is "if he could catch the ball he'd be playing offense"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Andrew Luck has been a disappointment. Is that the offensive line's fault? I haven't watched any Indy games.

No he throws way too many picks

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Yeah but you could also say "strongest he's been in a decade" about a preteen and I could still kick his rear end

I doubt it tbh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

Mostly, yes. He's getting pressure almost constantly and the line has racked up tons of holding penalties to put them in obvious passing downs. He's also made some bad decisions and passes, so some of it is his fault too.

He looked better in the second half yesterday though, so it might be a sign he's breaking out of the little funk he's in. But the line and coaching staff have to help.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

I doubt it tbh
I'm tired of your bullshit

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Actually I'm posting jokes but whatever interpretation makes you feel better about the Ravens being garbage I guess

You're crying and screaming and throwing a fit. I am calm and cool and collected.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

You're crying and screaming and throwing a fit. I am calm and cool and collected.
My friend used to say "calm cool and collective" until I laughed at him for being an ignorant twat

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

I'm tired of your bullshit

I'm a strong preteen and I'm tired of being insulted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

My friend used to say "calm cool and collective" until I laughed at him for being an ignorant twat

your friend was actually Legion and is going to consume you at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nail Rat posted:

The 2007 Pats defense was pretty good, but the #4 ranking was inflated because of their offense; they could just tee off on the opposing quarterback and go to town because every team knew they needed to score 30+ points to even have a chance.

I'd be surprised if they went undefeated, but I could see it happening in spite of their flaws because the AFC is really, really bad this year.

The AFC is a bit stronger than the NFC though. The AFC South is bad but other than that the conference is pretty good.

• Locked thread