Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

"What If?! the living embodiment of the unholy spirit of eternal vengeance fought an old guy with wings?"

That bastard's been too old for too long! He's doing the lord's work by taking that lich down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I like how Mr. Fixit's Mysterio toss takes out three Sinisters at once, and how his body language seems to be saying "Only THREE of you?! G'wan, geddoudahere!"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

AnonSpore posted:

Was that back when Doc's arms weren't also made of adamantium?

He's only had the Adamantium arms a couple of times. Usually they get taken away from him when he's captured, for obvious reasons, and he ends up having to make a new set.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Toshimo posted:

The NEW FF was and is better than OG FF.

I don't see how this could ever be in question.

Ben Grimm still my homeboy on Yancy Street, tho.

I dunno, it wasn't really overdone yet but I still can't help but be annoyed by the marvel formula of "how do we get kids interested in this team? Just put Wolverine in it!"

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Binary Badger posted:

I like how Mr. Fixit's Mysterio toss takes out three Sinisters at once, and how his body language seems to be saying "Only THREE of you?! G'wan, geddoudahere!"

I like how Spiderman appears to be punching a dude with a sack full of rocks or something.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

redbackground posted:

Has there ever been a fight between Doc Ock and Omega Red?

Only in Japan.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

redbackground posted:

Has there ever been a fight between Doc Ock and Omega Red?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Nighthand posted:

I like how Spiderman appears to be punching a dude with a sack full of rocks or something.

He webbed up his fists to insulate them from Electro's shocks. He's done that so often he doesn't even have to shout that he's doing it anymore.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nighthand posted:

New Avengers vol.1 #4, now old enough to qualify as retro:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For the record, Peter's developed tons of dissolving agents for his own webbing over the years. I'm gonna choose to believe he's being an rear end in a top hat to Luke there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vicissitude posted:

Probably Mr Fixit Hulk. Grey Hulk, but smart enough to get decently-tailored clothes. Not as strong as regular Hulk, but strong enough to whoop some rear end.

There's a bit later in the issue where Lady Deathstrike cuts at the Hulk and he's mad because "These threads don't come off the rack!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

For the record, Peter's developed tons of dissolving agents for his own webbing over the years. I'm gonna choose to believe he's being an rear end in a top hat to Luke there.
Or he just doesn't carry it with him and the time it would take him more than an hour of webslinging to get some and get back. (Carrying people is reserved for pretty girls, obviously.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Or he just doesn't carry it with him and the time it would take him more than an hour of webslinging to get some and get back. (Carrying people is reserved for pretty girls, obviously.)

He has a utility belt! There's no reason he wouldn't carry at least one charge of solvent solution. What if he webs someone to a sewer wall and then there's a rush of water?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Spider man runs out of fluid every 5 minutes so planning isn't his thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

He has a utility belt! There's no reason he wouldn't carry at least one charge of solvent solution. What if he webs someone to a sewer wall and then there's a rush of water?

He would just pull them off. Spider-Man is stronger than his webs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

He would just pull them off. Spider-Man is stronger than his webs.

No he is not. Although the brick might tear off.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also he strikes the same rib twice in sequence yet produces two clearly distinct tones. What are we to believe, this is some kind of magic xylophone? I sure hope somebody got fired for that one.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Lurdiak posted:

I just assume that he doesn't have enough money to make more because Jonah shorted him for his pictures and Aunt May needed to pay for her meds out of pocket or something.

This also works for why he runs out of webbing!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Travis343 posted:

Also he strikes the same rib twice in sequence yet produces two clearly distinct tones. What are we to believe, this is some kind of magic xylophone? I sure hope somebody got fired for that one.

A wizard did it.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Lurdiak posted:

No he is not. Although the brick might tear off.

How strong are they now, anyway? I remember owning an annual back in the late 80's early 90's where they were compared to the Fantastic Four - As flexable as Reed, disintergrate after a few hours, so untraceable a-la Sue, Torch can't burn them and they're strong enough to contain Thing.

I hated the last one because I liked Thing, and I was getting fed up with my favourite Strong Guy constantly getting one-upped by other Strong Guys, like Thor and Hulk. :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

KayTee posted:

How strong are they now, anyway? I remember owning an annual back in the late 80's early 90's where they were compared to the Fantastic Four - As flexable as Reed, disintergrate after a few hours, so untraceable a-la Sue, Torch can't burn them and they're strong enough to contain Thing.

I hated the last one because I liked Thing, and I was getting fed up with my favourite Strong Guy constantly getting one-upped by other Strong Guys, like Thor and Hulk. :(

According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Thing's Power Grid shows a Strength stat of 6 (Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.), while Thor and Hulk are bot Strength 7 (7 = Incalculable: Able to lift in excess of 100 tons.).

Maybe you should select a superior Strong Guy (but not Actual Strong Gut, who is off being the Supreme Lord of Hell or some poo poo.).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Strength isn't really Thing's deal anyway, it's durability.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Strength isn't really Thing's deal anyway, it's durability.

drat straight.

The Champion, wielder of the Power Primordial, challenged Thing, Namor, Hulk, Colossus, Sasquatch, Thor, Doc Samson, and Wonder Man to a boxing match, and if Champion won, he'd blow up the planet or something.

Thing is the only one who got to round 2.

Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7 (1982) according to Wikipedia.

Namor was booted out for not doing what he was told, Thor was disqualified for throwing his hammer (he couldn't fight without it so they let him have it in the ring), Wonder Man blew everything up by accident and Champion wouldn't fight Hulk because he thought he was a dumb animal. So even in his one moment of badass, the comic has to write out the real threats in order to not show Ben up... :(

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:eyepop: SO THATS WHERE DEXTERS LAB GOT IT FROM.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They even looped it back around to comics. There was an issue of Deadpool Team-Up (special guest the Thing) where an alien that acted like Randy Savage came to a wrestling show and challenged their best or he'd destroy the planet. Deadpool was all, "Weren't you on an episode of Dexter's Lab?"

Meanwhile, Deadpool was there for the best reason. He figured that everyone would forgive him for all his past crimes if he just became a heel wrestler and turned face. Which, as a wrestling fan, is completely sound logic.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

KayTee posted:

Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7 (1982) according to Wikipedia.

Poor thing is dragging a trail of bloody urine :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Poor thing is dragging a trail of bloody urine :(

Poor guy's got a stone kidney

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That line has to make it into a book if it hasn't already.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Gavok posted:

Meanwhile, Deadpool was there for the best reason. He figured that everyone would forgive him for all his past crimes if he just became a heel wrestler and turned face.

:allears: How is it that some people don't like Deadpool?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Dear God I just reread the Lionheart of Avalon section again and it's the worst loving thing. gently caress Chuck Austen.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

Dear God I just reread the Lionheart of Avalon section again and it's the worst loving thing. gently caress Chuck Austen.

That also had a scene where Hawkeye, the guy who divorced his wife because she let her rapist fall to his death, tried to murder a guy who was in a jail cell.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

:allears: How is it that some people don't like Deadpool?

Daniel Way.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

prefect posted:

Hawkeye, the guy who divorced his wife because she let her rapist fall to his death, tried to murder a guy who was in a jail cell.

Lalala I can't hear any of this, I'm burying my face in cool fun Hawkguy comics

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

prefect posted:

That also had a scene where Hawkeye, the guy who divorced his wife because she let her rapist fall to his death, tried to murder a guy who was in a jail cell.

Remember when Mockingbird came back from the dead after Secret Invasion, and she got her own series, and the writer was like "You know what was great? The time she got raped! Let's revisit that for the very first storyline!"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think what's especially neat is that they gave Tom DeFalco a writing credit for that episode because they lifted Rasslor's speech directly from the comic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Remember when Mockingbird came back from the dead after Secret Invasion, and she got her own series, and the writer was like "You know what was great? The time she got raped! Let's revisit that for the very first storyline!"

"Except this time the rapist can possess a woman! It'll be edgy!"

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Lurdiak posted:

Every writer who wants to do a rape storyline should be blacklisted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Numero6 posted:

Every writer who wants to do a rape storyline should be blacklisted.

I understand where you're coming from, but that'd leave us with almost zero writers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I understand where you're coming from, but that'd leave us with almost zero writers.

It's more on the editors at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

It's more on the editors at this point.
I understand where you're coming from, but that'd leave us with almost zero editors.