Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jeffrey Character-Wheaties is my new favorite part of Bang! Bang! lore. I hope he comes back every time Jason is on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Jeffrey Character-Wheaties is my new favorite part of Bang! Bang! lore. I hope he comes back every time Jason is on the show.
this might be the most fever dreamy episode of the year

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Dr. Conrad Murray is just adorable.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Missed opportunity to talk about 9-11.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I did not enjoy the part where they pronounced gif as jif

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

soggybagel posted:

Missed opportunity to talk about 9-11.

They should have talked about that rear end in a top hat from The League who lied about being at the WTC on 9/11.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

cams posted:

this might be the most fever dreamy episode of the year

Perfect description of it. This episode was really loving funny

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gargamel Gibson posted:

They should have talked about that rear end in a top hat from The League who lied about being at the WTC on 9/11.

Funnily enough, I'm sure it was an episode promoting the league (albeit not with that guy there) where Kroll, as el chupa I think, said that 911 gave him a hard on.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Sounded like this one may be from the vault. I can't believe Kroll would miss an opportunity like that.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
As bitchy as Nick can be, I don't think he'd mock someone he's been co-stars with for years, especially when it's such a fresh revelation.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Beeez posted:

As bitchy as Nick can be, I don't think he'd mock someone he's been co-stars with for years, especially when it's such a fresh revelation.

Yea that feels like one that comes up when the show is done.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
On an unrelated note:

Nick Kroll's character running into a wall and loudly cumming was loving funny.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you'll never guess what benny schwaz is doing at the beginning of this interview on yahoo.com about star wars

https://movies.yahoo.com/video/ben-schwartzs-massive-star-wars-153014380.html

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I distinctly remember the phrase "9/11 runoff pussy". It was the very first episode I ever heard, back when there was one podcast thread in GBS.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DangerDummy! posted:

I distinctly remember the phrase "9/11 runoff pussy". It was the very first episode I ever heard, back when there was one podcast thread in GBS.

Yeah, that episode was what hooked me on the show. I was crying laughing during most of that call-in character.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

ManoliIsFat posted:

Sounded like this one may be from the vault. I can't believe Kroll would miss an opportunity like that.

Yep, recorded September 1st.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Scott's interview on this week's Spont is pretty fantastic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Thoogsby posted:

He basically treats the guest question as a WYR scenario, and it so obviously infuriates PFT.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Thoogsby posted:

Its great but not nearly as great as his improv.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just want Scott to make an improv podcast that is an inverse of Bennie Schwə's Snowpants: just Scott doing scenes with a bunch of experienced improvisers that he constantly torpedoes by subverting their premises or creating overcomplicated realities that he forces them to define. It'd be kinda like UCB's The Straight Men, but just one guy attempting to destroy the reality of a scene via logic.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I just want Scott to make an improv podcast that is an inverse of Bennie Schwə's Snowpants: just Scott doing scenes with a bunch of experienced improvisers that he constantly torpedoes by subverting their premises or creating overcomplicated realities that he forces them to define. It'd be kinda like UCB's The Straight Men, but just one guy attempting to destroy the reality of a scene via logic.
and we shall call it 'comedy bang bang'.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Fair.

I do feel like Scott has finally honed his anti-comedy into a horrifying weapon. And it's glorious.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

feedmyleg posted:

Fair.

I do feel like Scott has finally honed his anti-comedy into a horrifying weapon. And it's glorious.

Please, relax, you're standing up and banging the table while crying!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

a worthy uhh posted:

Please, relax, you're standing up and banging the table while crying!

"And why do you have a boner?!"

I thought it was funny Scott wasn't supposed to be involved in the improv at all as the guest on Spont, but couldn't resist inserting himself to the point several of the improvers, especially Amanda Lund, were barely in it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Practical Demon posted:

"And why do you have a boner?!"

I thought it was funny Scott wasn't supposed to be involved in the improv at all as the guest on Spont, but couldn't resist inserting himself to the point several of the improvers, especially Amanda Lund, were barely in it.

I'm not so sure of that. On the PodFest live episode Andy Daly played double duty as interviewee and improviser as well. Though I was also thrown when he was in his first scene.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think PFT said on Twitter that it's basically up to the guest whether they want to jump in or not, since a decent number of them aren't improvisers.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

SpacePig posted:

I think PFT said on Twitter that it's basically up to the guest whether they want to jump in or not, since a decent number of them aren't improvisers.

I was disappointed when Kumail left.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Kumail handles Improv pretty great in his appearance on Hollywood Handbook
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/kumail-nanjiani-our-close-friend/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wwnugg5bsA

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

When the Mailer Daemon ran into the wall I had to pull over. Hardest I've laughed in a long time.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Ohh fuuuuuuck! Ohh ffuuuuuuckk!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I have finally gone back and started listening to the first episodes of comedy death ray and now I have the super irritating tweet theme in my head and really want to know what it is.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I have finally gone back and started listening to the first episodes of comedy death ray and now I have the super irritating tweet theme in my head and really want to know what it is.

was it the crown prince himself, Mr Fab - Hit Me On Twitter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgkpJeBrqSo I'm vaguely remembering it being that

e: \/\/\/\/ oh ya that's right!

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 2, 2015

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

ManoliIsFat posted:

was it the crown prince himself, Mr Fab - Hit Me On Twitter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgkpJeBrqSo I'm vaguely remembering it being that

No it's a woman rapping with a constant bird chirp under the beat.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I27J39oQUaw
its this song im pretty sure

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It is this, and I guess I thought Andy milonakis was a woman.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gino!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Nice of Scott to start advertising Review after it ends.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Jessica St Clair said "move on!" on the last episode, which had to have been an homage.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
I like how Gabrus' guest photo changed this episode as if to reflect Gino's new weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Shawkat seems like a real bummer