Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Aw man, don't waste all your mad game on racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hooplah posted:

Aw man, don't waste all your mad game on racists

whoa and I just thought dude had a photo with a monkey or something like all those tinder photos with sedated tigers and stuff

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Business Gorillas posted:

*swipes left while blaring airhorn*
sometimes i put the phone down and swipe left with both hands

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

update: i ghosted the poly girl since because dating someone long distance and then actively trawling the internet for a new relationship is a pretty big personality flaw

just be an adult and dump the dude, jesus

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
she is 100% cheating and he is completely in the dark

work a facebook name out of her and send profile + chat logs to the guy under a dummy account

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

news update: woman in poly relationship is sleeping around while dude stays at home. woman ranges from fit to fat, depending on angle of picture and choice of clothing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

The ad really completes this one.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 29, 2015

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Hey some of those are funny jokes or whatever, but hey this brings us to the topic of hunting/gun-range photos.

Like rock on, it's cool if someone has hobbies that involve killing things, I guess.
When that's one of the 1-5 things you use to sell yourself to a potential mate or random person to gently caress you from internet I think it's kinda a big red flag

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Coolness Averted posted:

Hey some of those are funny jokes or whatever, but hey this brings us to the topic of hunting/gun-range photos.

Like rock on, it's cool if someone has hobbies that involve killing things, I guess.
When that's one of the 1-5 things you use to sell yourself to a potential mate or random person to gently caress you from internet I think it's kinda a big red flag

Not if you're looking for someone who also hunts?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

why do you hate freedom

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I dunno about you guys but a big severed deer head just gets me going something fierce

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Unless you're full-on vegan, you really have no moral high ground vs. a hunter that eats his/her prey, imo.

Although yeah the severed head is a bit much

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
i like that they put carpenter before mom

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Coolness Averted posted:

It would probably turn me away just because it usually comes with a number of other cultural things that would lead to incompatibility, but it's not actually that weird of a hobby? Are you some Eurocommie or something?

E: yeah trophies are kind of weird and gently caress you if you actually go on safari but TBH if a cute chubby MILF wanted to feed me her salted venison I'm down.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hooplah posted:

Unless you're full-on vegan, you really have no moral high ground vs. a hunter that eats his/her prey, imo.

Not even vegans have a moral high ground because millions of animals are killed in the process of grain harvesting too. Someone who kills their own meat might actually be killing significantly less animals than someone who eats entirely vegetarian.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Otisburg posted:

It would probably turn me away just because it usually comes with a number of other cultural things that would lead to incompatibility, but it's not actually that weird of a hobby? Are you some Eurocommie or something?

E: yeah trophies are kind of weird and gently caress you if you actually go on safari but TBH if a cute chubby MILF wanted to feed me her salted venison I'm down.

Yeah once again just someone who likes shooting poo poo down at the range, or a genuine survivalist cooking and eating stuff isn't a problem.

I don't get that impression from folks uploading trophy pictures on internet dating site or showing off their tight burst pattern on a paper target's chest. I get hick or "I can literally murder you" vibes, and not in a sexy way.

naem
May 29, 2011

want to kill animals and fuccc

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
let us copulate in the blood of my trophies

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

The ad really completes this one.

Are you ever gonna tell us what app is that.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

notZaar posted:

nearly positive it's just tinder

e: like even one of the pics you quoted says it's tinder goku

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

notZaar posted:

It's probably Tinder for some bizarro off-brand Android phone that gets updates once every two years.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
yeah but

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If a girl posts her Instagram handle, you may as well swipe left.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

paco650 posted:

It's probably Tinder for some bizarro off-brand Android phone that gets updates once every two years.

My guess was an offbrand app that accesses tinder or an emu for easy screenshotting/exporting.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

notZaar posted:

If a girl posts her Instagram handle, you may as well swipe left.
since even bots have instagram accounts now your only hope is mutual friends and facebook likes so haha good luck

Hella Paunchy
Jul 25, 2007
More fun than a stick in the eye.
The Somethingawful Forums>General Bullshit>okcupid.txt: let us copulate in the blood of my trophies

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

God drat, Internet dating for women is as bad as they say it is. Girlfriend and I signed up for that MeetMe app to make some new friends because we are antisocial loners, and her phone has been blowing up with offers of sex and if asking if she likes being tied up or needs a side boyfriend.

We are literally in her profile picture together and her profile mentions me.

Dudes are thirsty as gently caress.

(Slightly offended that the only person to be horrific to me was a 60 year old woman from Ohio. What, I am not pretty enough?)

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hooplah posted:

who cares about moral high ground, hunting is boring as poo poo.

oh hey lemme get up at 5am and sit in a tree forever to maybe shoot a dumb animal, what fun

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's cool because a lot of the time you just need to be normal but then your normal message gets drowned out in shitposts.

Online dating is p much GBS but people are straight

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

who cares about moral high ground, hunting is boring as poo poo.

oh hey lemme get up at 5am and sit in a tree forever to maybe shoot a dumb animal, what fun

Like fishing, it's an excuse to go drinking and not listen to your wife under the guise of sport.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

notZaar posted:

Like fishing, it's an excuse to go drinking and not listen to your wife under the guise of sport.
It is fully my intent to never need an excuse to go drinking because drinking is a fun activity on its own.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

God drat, Internet dating for women is as bad as they say it is

I didn't realize having more options rather than less was a bad thing

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

God drat, Internet dating for women is as bad as they say it is. Girlfriend and I signed up for that MeetMe app to make some new friends because we are antisocial loners, and her phone has been blowing up with offers of sex and if asking if she likes being tied up or needs a side boyfriend.

(Slightly offended that the only person to be horrific to me was a 60 year old woman from Ohio. What, I am not pretty enough?)

are you new to this human sexuality and dating thing

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Are you one of those weird couples looking for other couples to have sex with?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

It is fully my intent to never need an excuse to go drinking because drinking is a fun activity on its own.

Me too but some people foolishly enter into relationships with other humans and that curtails their freedom.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

There are pros and cons, on one hand you get to deal with creeps constantly, on the other hand a lot of guys end up super depressed after they try online dating and get literally 0 attention. I mean in your example for example you are presumably attractive enough to date your girlfriend and yet she's got a ton of interest and you only have one 60 year old lusting after your loins, if you both signed up when you were single and you tried to message her, you probably would have been overlooked.

This is why dudes should date offline.

e: A funny article about what it's like on the other side of the fence:
http://www.vagabondish.com/female-foreign-japan/

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 29, 2015

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
So like 100 guys want to have sex with me, ugh, this dating site sucks, sooo horrible haha.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hooplah posted:

hosed up if you actually believe this

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

notZaar posted:

Me too but some people foolishly enter into relationships with other humans and that curtails their freedom.
I only date girls who drink with me and can at least attempt to drink me under the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hobohemian posted:

Are you one of those weird couples looking for other couples to have sex with?

We honestly are just looking for more people to hit bars with or whatever without picking up "bar people", I am just surprised at the outpouring of sexual response. I guess I just am delusional and innocent and thought that a app focused more on friendships would be not as bad

ArbitraryC posted:

There are pros and cons, on one hand you get to deal with creeps constantly, on the other hand a lot of guys end up super depressed after they try online dating and get literally 0 attention. I mean in your example for example you are presumably attractive enough to date your girlfriend and yet she's got a ton of interest and you only have one 60 year old lusting after your loins, if you both signed up when you were single and you tried to message her, you probably would have been overlooked.

This is why dudes should date offline.

e: A funny article about what it's like on the other side of the fence:
http://www.vagabondish.com/female-foreign-japan/

We actually initially got together through OKC, actually, and stuck together for reasons, although I did strike pretty lucky after a year of trying. This all spawned out of a conversation about how we wish there was a similar matching service for casual friends.

I get the whole "no response" thing, I went on several dates in that time because of a spring of optimism and also lower standards, but there were definitely dry spells.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 29, 2015

• Locked thread