Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So like...did they bring in new people to fix Wildstar, or did they just tell the exact same gently caress ups to not gently caress up this time?

e: Is the dominion start still cut the gently caress up? In the release days, the dominion intro had you learning about the figures of the religion and poo poo and they just cut that out after a while.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
NCsoft needed more money to localized blade and soul, anime boobs will sell sell sell.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

I'm almost in. At least I can run around on my old 80 if I can't make a new guy. :smith:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
You know its really gonna be good when the devs describe their game as "really awesome world" and "really awesome stuff". I mean that just shows such verbose feelings for the game.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

wait lmao where is my character? It's fuckin' gone.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Al Borland posted:

You know its really gonna be good when the devs describe their game as "really awesome world" and "really awesome stuff". I mean that just shows such verbose feelings for the game.

their Free to Play FAQ/Get Started guide is full of memes from 8+ years ago.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They actually seem to have deleted the two alts I had made from before the F2P launch, haha.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

West Ham Sandwich posted:

wait lmao where is my character? It's fuckin' gone.

Did you forget what game you were playing?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Lol, I like how since this is the first time there's ever been an influx of new blood in the game the guild recruiters are spamming like there's no tomorrow.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Mayor McCheese posted:

Did you forget what game you were playing?

Is this a shot at the game or did they purge characters or something

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I had three characters literally yesterday, I now have one. So I have to imagine it was a fuckup on their end.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Verranicus posted:

I had three characters literally yesterday, I now have one. So I have to imagine it was a fuckup on their end.

They probably forgot to put them on the new server or something.
Whoops.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland posted:

They probably forgot to put them on the new server or something.
Whoops.

This is what I'm guessing. The client is/was still hooked up to the PTR probably so it keeps getting hung up on character creation, and can't find recent creations.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

I actually figured out that I was logging into the wrong account, somehow. But when I go to put a support ticket in to get the authenticator on said account removed, it puts a ticket in from the other account I was trying to log in from.

Excellent everything you guys have got here.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I actually figured out that I was logging into the wrong account, somehow. But when I go to put a support ticket in to get the authenticator on said account removed, it puts a ticket in from the other account I was trying to log in from.

This is the most people they've had logging in since launch week so I'm gonna give them a day or two.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Is there a presence on the PVP server?

Edit: Oh and which faction?

I have no friends.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So i played this for a little while in the beta and basically said gently caress it not long after the introduction when i realised what i would have to be paying for.
Will it be worth coming back to now that it's free to play?
Also there still isnt anything close to Aus servers is there? not that im surprised or anything.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I haven't played in ages, and I forget if I deleted my Dom characters or not. My main is still there, though, so w/e

Also the mouselook/aim is actually reasonably slick... except there's still no way to bind abilities to mouse1/mouse2. Rip. So close yet so far still. Wonder if any of rebind mods are still up to date.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So like...did they bring in new people to fix Wildstar, or did they just tell the exact same gently caress ups to not gently caress up this time?
Most of the gently caress-ups were the first to flee the ship, although a few are still around (Raid guy)

Back in May NCSoft reported that the game was making like a 10th of what GW2 was making, so I dunno if they could really afford to bring on new people.

Hobbitron
Jul 6, 2005

Fool of a Took!

SpaceDrake posted:

Also the mouselook/aim is actually reasonably slick... except there's still no way to bind abilities to mouse1/mouse2. Rip. So close yet so far still. Wonder if any of rebind mods are still up to date.
I spent a good bit of time trying to remember which addon was used for that. Saw it was called Lockdown but it didn't want to work for some reason. You can bind to left/right click in game though without the addon by using the column on the far right and it'll swap to that when you activate the mouse toggle.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People are already bitching and demanding more servers on the OF.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
good work team, glad we could obsessively mock a game for over a year and then be the first ones in to the f2p

for the mother fwiggin lulz :D :D

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

This happened to me at launch! Somehow I ended up making characters on an entirely different persons account (which apparently happens if their login server is getting hammered) and it took a good long while for them to release the names back to me, partly because the problem is drat near impossible to convey without them thinking you used your friends account or something.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Pesterchum posted:

This happened to me at launch! Somehow I ended up making characters on an entirely different persons account (which apparently happens if their login server is getting hammered) and it took a good long while for them to release the names back to me, partly because the problem is drat near impossible to convey without them thinking you used your friends account or something.

I remember this happening in WAR at launch, too.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Very nice launch. Made a Jedi knight and am liking the quest dialog so far.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tarranon posted:

good work team, glad we could obsessively mock a game for over a year and then be the first ones in to the f2p

In this case, the only way to truly appreciate the poop is to touch it and take it apart and see what was digested to create such a magnificent poop

We're engaging in videogame gastronomy is what I'm saying here

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Tarranon posted:

i think some of the people are doing it out of morbid curiosity but yea that's embarassing

just because a pile of poo poo is free doesn't means that you should pick it up and eat it, goons

the very rare few bits of good content aren't worth dealing with the rest of wildstar

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

So you people are going to be complaining that the game is too hard on the official forums, right?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
They're gonna fire people to pay for new servers for players who are gonna quit in a week.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Hobbitron posted:

I spent a good bit of time trying to remember which addon was used for that. Saw it was called Lockdown but it didn't want to work for some reason. You can bind to left/right click in game though without the addon by using the column on the far right and it'll swap to that when you activate the mouse toggle.

Well hurp my durp, somehow I missed that new column entirely. (Sort of emblematic of how much of a mess the interface is at this point, though)

Still dunno if I want to do anything more than gently caress around in the most casual way imaginable, though. The interface is a mess, it feels quite difficult to pick up the questing again (I was a long rear end way from cap when I quit), performance is still kind of odd, the lag is laffo right now...

Wildstar's still Wildstar, is what I'm saying

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Rasmussen posted:

Close... You forgot the part where she didn't think that rogues need buffs and her metric was that she does really well in pvp. Turns out she was using THE worst rogue weapons for pvp, because they were pretty much the fastest weapons out and rogues wanted slow wraps at the time. Sure people make mistakes building your character but when the person working for the company that makes the game is making wrong judgements and calls about building the class they are representing then that should raise some eyebrows.

Also wildstar is bad.

Considering how often you've mentioned Silent Fang in the past 24 hours I imagine you're very committed to your interpretation, but here's how it was from my perspective.

I was screwing around with Silent Fang in PvP to annoy people with the silence, not because I thought it was an amazing weapon. I wasn't geared well. I wasn't great at PvP -- I did okay sometimes. None of my personal experience factored into the feedback I carried to the development team about rogues. My job was to understand the basics of the class so I could interpret player feedback, not mine, to to the development team. It's a crap community manager that considers their own experience superior over the top competitors in the content provided, and I never thought that highly of myself. :v:

I'm fascinated by how the story's warped over the years, because how the story was told back when it happened had little to do with my PvPing and much to do with me supposedly using Silent Fang in raids (which I didn't do). Anyway. Silent Fang was a bad weapon with an interesting proc. My character got leaked with it having been captured in a Warsong Gulch match where I'd been messing with it. (I believe I was in some horrible amalgam of PvP and MC gear, too, because frankly I didn't PvP much and I was also pretty far down the line on the rogue priority in my guild due to me dedicating time to multiple characters. In multiple guilds.)

I didn't decry the weapon or explain this because, frankly, it would've sounded like a thin excuse at the time. I also didn't want to add more fuel to the fire. So I stopped commenting on it and let it go.

I mean, your version sounds like something to get righteously angry about, so godspeed if you want to keep on that path. Figured you might want to know since you seem to care about it, though.

In other news, hooray, WildStar's free-to-play. Some bumps we're resolving, but it's out there. Looking forward to a day of chasing down bugs tomorrow.

Thanks for checking it out, even if it's only morbid curiosity.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Verranicus posted:

People are already bitching and demanding more servers on the OF.

It's because their megaservers actually aren't. They just shut most of the launch servers down and called the remaining ones megaservers because the remaining playerbase fit on them without capacity issues.

"Our entire game populations fits on just a scant handful of MEGASERVERS! We worked hard on this feature, cupcake hope you like it!"

e: double post, sorry! So much Wildstar to just post about.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Cyster posted:

Considering how often you've mentioned Silent Fang in the past 24 hours I imagine you're very committed to your interpretation, but here's how it was from my perspective.

Just making up for all the times I would have got banned for saying it back in the day.

Cyster posted:

I was screwing around with Silent Fang in PvP to annoy people with the silence, not because I thought it was an amazing weapon. I wasn't geared well. I wasn't great at PvP -- I did okay sometimes. None of my personal experience factored into the feedback I carried to the development team about rogues. My job was to understand the basics of the class so I could interpret player feedback, not mine, to to the development team. It's a crap community manager that considers their own experience superior over the top competitors in the content provided, and I never thought that highly of myself. :v:

I'm fascinated by how the story's warped over the years, because how the story was told back when it happened had little to do with my PvPing and much to do with me supposedly using Silent Fang in raids (which I didn't do). Anyway. Silent Fang was a bad weapon with an interesting proc. My character got leaked with it having been captured in a Warsong Gulch match where I'd been messing with it. (I believe I was in some horrible amalgam of PvP and MC gear, too, because frankly I didn't PvP much and I was also pretty far down the line on the rogue priority in my guild due to me dedicating time to multiple characters. In multiple guilds.)

I didn't decry the weapon or explain this because, frankly, it would've sounded like a thin excuse at the time. I also didn't want to add more fuel to the fire. So I stopped commenting on it and let it go.

I mean, your version sounds like something to get righteously angry about, so godspeed if you want to keep on that path. Figured you might want to know since you seem to care about it, though.

In other news, hooray, WildStar's free-to-play. Some bumps we're resolving, but it's out there. Looking forward to a day of chasing down bugs tomorrow.

Not angry, just disappointed.

e: (then and now)

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 29, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cyster posted:

Hope you're having fun, Cyster. I may think Wildstar is mediocre at best and your diehard fans are insane but I think its cool that you're still posting here despite goons being goons.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cyster posted:

So I stopped commenting on it and let it go.

Funny, letting it go seemed an awful lot like blanket banning of literally anyone who said the words silent fang on the entire official forums. Which happened.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Funny, letting it go seemed an awful lot like blanket banning of literally anyone who said the words silent fang on the entire official forums. Which happened.

It did, and that was not okay. Truth to tell I didn't know about the extent of the blanket banning the mods were doing at the time and that some people who were legitimately asking about the weapon got caught up in the nonsense.

Now, did I ban people who followed me around the forum posting nothing but "silent fang" after anything I posted regardless of the subject? Yep. In that case it was a pretty obvious trolling offense, however.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I still think Cyster is cool. CMing is hellish and you guys still grinding axes are being especially goony cause who the gently caress cares?

I'll log on whenever the rush dies down. If they open new servers back up/turn old servers back on I'm gonna lol and wait a bit longer cause to hell with that.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Anoia posted:

I still think Cyster is cool. CMing is hellish and you guys still grinding axes are being especially goony cause who the gently caress cares?

I'll log on whenever the rush dies down. If they open new servers back up/turn old servers back on I'm gonna lol and wait a bit longer cause to hell with that.

Nah I'm pretty much done with Silent Fang, I got my bite. Always wondered what happened to KDM, and it all just came flooding back.

On another note, anyone manage to log in the game world yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
has cyster ever spoken out about the infamous winning dot gif and if not, will she??

• Locked thread