Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Dolphins fans: Do you lay any of the blame on your man Tannehill?

Not really. We have no running game, horrible pass protection and a terrible defense. He's being asked to win games almost single-handedly and it's not really fair to blame him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Lol they are sure hemming an hawing trying to defend a model that obviously is broken.

quote:

The other three touchdowns, however, were passes thrown short of the end zone on speed outs to Randall Cobb. Were they bad throws? No, they were expected throws with the credit going to Cobb for fighting through contact or defeating the coverage with speed to the edge. That makes these zero-graded throws

This is like the type of thing you say when you're homer-ing out to talk about why a rival HOF'er is a system quarterback.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Burger Trench posted:

This is like the type of thing you say when you're homer-ing out to talk about why a rival HOF'er is a system quarterback.

but seriously, tom brady is a system quarterback

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

A trap is set... will any :patssay: take the bait?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tommy is my QB and I love him.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

I don't know if playing the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins twice a year your entire career counts as a "system."

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Burger Trench posted:

Why does only one player get credit for it though?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

korrandark posted:

Quarterbacks aren't the best, it's a team effort!

But seriously, they are the best.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

Not really. We have no running game, horrible pass protection and a terrible defense. He's being asked to win games almost single-handedly and it's not really fair to blame him.
What happened to Lamar Miller? He was pegged by a lot of guys to be a breakout superstar. Is it strictly a function of the line or the coaching staff just not giving him the ball? 13 touches a game seems stupidly low for a #1 RB who isn't injured.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ozu posted:

What happened to Lamar Miller? He was pegged by a lot of guys to be a breakout superstar. Is it strictly a function of the line or the coaching staff just not giving him the ball? 13 touches a game seems stupidly low for a #1 RB who isn't injured.

He's bursting when he has even the slightest hint of a hole. But yeah, our line is seriously that bad.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ozu posted:

Philbin hates him and is a bad coach basically.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

Cutting him next year, even Post June 1, nets us like 26M in dead money. Or we can pay him 17M in cap space. May as well just keep him on the roster and see if we can trade him possibly. Resigning Daniel would be priority while we continue to bumble through attempting to draft a QB. If we plan to pay our other guys and resign them with a couple creative bonus structures, we could be alright.

I cannot fathom a world where I don't hold this opinion by the end of the season.

I wonder who would even be interested in trading. That's a big toxic contract to take on. Chicago wouldn't, Arizona wouldn't, Washington would be embarrassed to even consider it but maybe?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

korrandark posted:

I agree, we should start tracking WR stats, too.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

When an interception is the fault of a receiver they should charge it to the WR instead of the QB imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

When an interception is the fault of a receiver they should charge it to the WR instead of the QB imo

Yes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

God, which Dolphin had a pass hit his hands, cradle into his chest then just launch itself out of the guy's arms right to a defender on Sunday?

That was a pretty good example of a WR int.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

I wonder who would even be interested in trading. That's a big toxic contract to take on. Chicago wouldn't, Arizona wouldn't, Washington would be embarrassed to even consider it but maybe?

Well, the 2016 hit for a receiving team would be $14.2M, 2017 is $13.3M, and 2018 would be $17M.

So yeah... If we traded him this offseason we would end up with a little over $10M in accelerated bonus cap hit.

There's no good answer here.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The only good advanced football stat is the one that tracks number of bad throws that could / should be intercepted compared to throws that are good but the receiver bounces the ball 4 feet into the arms of the waiting FS.

Also average yards before contact.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

God, which Dolphin had a pass hit his hands, cradle into his chest then just launch itself out of the guy's arms right to a defender on Sunday?

That was a pretty good example of a WR int.

Jarvis Landry, of all people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Will gladly trade a first and third for Green Bay's slightly below average QB

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

Just OMG that is so CUTE how he does that.

Aaron is soooooo silly.

Look at that crazy facial hair too!

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

Will gladly trade a first and third for Green Bay's slightly below average QB

Why trade for a below average QB when you can get one Christian Hackenburg in the first round next year?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Rodgers' hard count has the added bonus of loving up the rhythm of pass rushers who try to key on the snap count. He's making those guys adjust to key on the actual snap of the ball, which in turn gets him a slight edge in time to throw.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Parmesan Basil posted:

hell even Hackenburg

You don't want Christian Hackenburg. Plus I want him to play for Washington. It would be funnier.

In reality I think Reid would like him, but you don't want him to start for your team.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Rodgers' hard count has the added bonus of loving up the rhythm of pass rushers who try to key on the snap count. He's making those guys adjust to key on the actual snap of the ball, which in turn gets him a slight edge in time to throw.

I think it's the other way around - slowing the pass rush is the primary purpose of a hard count, getting the occasional free play is lagniappe.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

One of these days a defender isn't going to stop playing and is going to blast Rodgers for that if the refs don't immediately blow the play dead. Last night the tackle moved early and the play should have been blown dead, and the rusher stopped because he was expecting it. If the refs aren't going to call the early movement or unabated to the quarterback and blow the play dead, I'd coach my guys that if you jump early, you still run as hard as you can at Rodgers and hit him unless the refs stop you.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Codependent Poster posted:

One of these days a defender isn't going to stop playing and is going to blast Rodgers for that if the refs don't immediately blow the play dead. Last night the tackle moved early and the play should have been blown dead, and the rusher stopped because he was expecting it. If the refs aren't going to call the early movement or unabated to the quarterback and blow the play dead, I'd coach my guys that if you jump early, you still run as hard as you can at Rodgers and hit him unless the refs stop you.

Maybe they already are? Supposedly teams are coaching the DBs to keep covering in that scenario and clearly that isn't working consistently.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Codependent Poster posted:

Wasn't it Aaron Rodgers a few years back that faked going out of bounds to get the defenders to let up and then got a few extra yards out of it, only to get lit the gently caress up the next time he tried that fake-out?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Maybe they already are? Supposedly teams are coaching the DBs to keep covering in that scenario and clearly that isn't working consistently.

The rusher last night just plain stopped. I think you just have to tell anyone who's rushing that if they're drawn off, you just keep going until you hear a whistle. Don't try to get back onsides or assume they'll blow the play dead, just keep going.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Wasn't it Aaron Rodgers a few years back that faked going out of bounds to get the defenders to let up and then got a few extra yards out of it, only to get lit the gently caress up the next time he tried that fake-out?

That might have been kaepernick.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Flikken posted:

Yup, I can't Remember the last time a NFC WEST QB threw 4 picks in one game, shameful, anytime that happens that QB should be cut immediately and definitely not be given an extension or anything.

That game was a test from God, and He passed.

1-0

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh cool I just remembered the 62 games without a TD in the two minute drill stat for KC.

Sweet. Awesome.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Yes it was against the Panthers.

REPORTED
Feb 15, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Oh cool I just remembered the 62 games without a TD in the two minute drill stat for KC.

Sweet. Awesome.

We may have ended one embarrassing streak last night, but there's plenty of franchise failure to go around!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ozu posted:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's bursting when he has even the slightest hint of a hole. But yeah, our line is seriously that bad.

Jota posted:

Philbin hates him and is a bad coach basically.

Pretty much these things. The same offensive line that will turn Tannehill into a cripple can't run block to save it's life right now. Add onto that Philbin would rather give carries to practice squad players than Miller for whatever bizarre reason he has in his befuddled looking head and it's just all sadness. Miller would do real well on a team with actual run blocking. Maybe he should ask for a trade to the Cowboys their running backs are garbage.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Remove yac from QB passing yards

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

Remove yac from QB passing yards

and remove yards in the air from wide receiver's yards

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Alaois posted:

and remove yards in the air from wide receiver's yards

Yep

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Remove return yards from all-purpose yards because come on now, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

remove all stats.

replace everything with the "eye test"

• Locked thread