Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You better follow his advice because he clearly explained the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
bisex weapons are for swag rear end glamours you morans

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Then why do so many of them look bad?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Because they're made out of whale bone. Sure it's metal as heck when you cut someone in half with a section of a whale's spine but unlike the usual Monster Hunter aesthetic, there isn't any armor to go along with it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ntan1 posted:

Suggestions for new players:
  • Guildhests are either part of this good xp for harder content In 1.00 and features Behest gear which drops from bosses in dungeons.

• Gear drops from 1-15 and generally (and most time you do them solo or whatever but with every class, you'll mostly just do hunting) FATEs, but if you're level for level, generally difficult at a low levelling or first time becomes largely useless and the game basics that might be shy.

• After your first time your leve allowances.

• Generally the bosses are little sub-5 minute instances on each classes in addition the story is too high level.

• Be sure to do theme park MMOs

Not to comprehend; will there be?

What is there if not?

Please try, general for being in the duty. It can. Whenever, yes.

Apprehend with the understand, I am going to go but yes you are (except when not actually is).

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

bisex weapons are for swag rear end glamours you morans

I always read bisex another way.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sword_man.gif posted:

lancer 34/marauder 26/pugilist 14 for physical, thaumaturge 26 for casters, gladiator 22 for tanks, conjurer 34 for healers

Add archer 34 as one of these, because MCH, BLM and SMN cross-class off of it, and being able to drop your enmity with quelling strikes is nice. Not to mention raging strikes is a handy cooldown.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Magil Zeal posted:

I always read bisex another way.

:thejoke:

EponymousMrYar posted:

Because they're made out of whale bone. Sure it's metal as heck when you cut someone in half with a section of a whale's spine but unlike the usual Monster Hunter aesthetic, there isn't any armor to go along with it.

I still have one equipped on my SCH. They're all really pretty meh in my opinion, theres so many better looking weapon options out there.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

hobbesmaster posted:

I still have one equipped on my SCH. They're all really pretty meh in my opinion, theres so many better looking weapon options out there.

Like the Ravana weapons which you'll do immediately after Bisex.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Maybe if there was some wacky feather armor it would make sense but Bisex models have a unique style that clashes with literally everything else.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It might work with the white pvp field commander stuff?

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

khy posted:

What is there if not?

Apprehend with the understand, I am going to go but yes you are (except when not actually is).

So, I will explain comprehension to the forums daily, every last week, every week, with every passion.

This thread replicates my non-raiding frustrations as others know what player base will raid. Myself wanting to keep you from getting our performance intermediate portion of the loyal players. it's EVEN MORE CHALLENGING to find the insightful, a shiver have to be had.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ntan1 posted:

So, I will explain comprehension to the forums daily, every last week, every week, with every passion.

This thread replicates my non-raiding frustrations as others know what player base will raid. Myself wanting to keep you from getting our performance intermediate portion of the loyal players. it's EVEN MORE CHALLENGING to find the insightful, a shiver have to be had.

Are you guys running forums posts through Google Translate a few times or something? :psyduck:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So to slot Materia I need a crafting class at the same level or above the gear I'm putting it into?

But why....

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

So to slot Materia I need a crafting class at the same level or above the gear I'm putting it into?

But why....

You can have anyone with that crafting class leveled do it for you. There's even an interface to right click -> "request meld".

The trick is that only crafters and cutting edge raiders actually need to meld any materia whatsoever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The last post in the wildstar thread lol

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Because they needed SOMETHING to tie crafters into the "go kill things" part of the game.

If you're on Excalibur you shouldn't have a ton of trouble finding a goon who can do this for you.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i came back to this game two weeks ago and aside from getting to Ishgard all ive done so far is play loving triple triad and chocobo racing

Fury Road and Winning are owning the tracks

not sure what to name my next chocobo yet but i will find something

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Eonwe posted:

it seems like the sc thread will not be your grave after all

to op a shameful mock thread is a burden few can understand,,,

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

There have been many posts about the game being boring, players suffering burn outs, un-subbing of the masses leaving worlds desolate and barren – and they are all true. What was to be an expansion was nothing more than a derivative of 1.0, it was nothing more and in many instances a lot less. We miss the true excitement, an element that’s been lacking in this game from the very beginning. Apart from playing in a straight-jacket, new content quickly becomes old, tedious, repetitive and subsequently boring. Cause and effect. The contents is for the most part visibly predictable; grinding with little excitement. So the question is, why is it so hard to add unpredictable content and excitement to the game? Where did it all go wrong and is it even possible for developers to take a huge step back and re-think this game and perhaps steer it into a new, more exciting, direction? It’s doubtful. The big miss with dungeons is the complete lack of excitement which makes you not want to do them again. A pot of dye, really? A clear prism? We don’t mind a good grind but at least make it exciting or give players an incentive to go back in. Rare foe drops, that one would need for customized gear or for crafting would give people a much higher incentive to do run them. Have bounties spawn, after you kill off foes in a certain sequence, that drop even rarer matts. There is so much SE could do to make the game more exciting and challenging and attract players. Since 1.0, the remedies we have seen implemented usually resulted in the original problem worsening or evolving into 5 new problems. The straight-jacket gameplay, including dungeons, forcefully pushing you to re-run mind numbing content is getting really old. We have seen it in patch 1.0 and it has repeated itself in patch 3.0. To those that hold the illusion that new future patches will bring change and excitement to the game, it won’t. Future patches will be no different than the ones we have already seen simply because SE isn’t changing it’s course at this juncture. New patches will be a rinse and repeat of the old for the most part. Also, the developers are not listening to their customers and take for granted that there will always be unhappy troopers out there. They really don’t care. As long as a majority of people are subscribing, even if to be AFK like 24/7 - revenues will flow in – and that’s all that matters. Moreover, SE has a monopoly position since there is no competition at this point in time. Once we see an equally sized MMO RPG game out there, people will switch. The development team didn’t really need much inspiration and inventiveness since old content was revamped into new. It’s a low budget way to develop a so called “expansion” and yet, sell it at top dollar and market it as something else entirely. To change the game now would require a huge investment on the part of SE since all of the game’s flaws cannot just be “patched up” and in many instances a lot will have to be renewed entirely. SE decided on a direction a long time ago and they will not change that direction, now or ever. They snub feedback from veteran players because they don’t want to listen. Listening costs revenue. Like any company, exiting customers is a budgeted write-off. Once the life-span of this game is over the company will have moved on to other areas and other games. Future patches might renew the interest for some people but with every patch we see the time frame for this renewed interest getting shorter and shorter. On our server, 1.0 players that came back after a very long time quit within the month, saying “wow, it’s like doing 1.0 all over again”. Indeed. Others have quit the game indefinitely or un-subbed for months on end. We wish it wasn’t so. But with so much lack of game-play, challenge and excitement one can hardly spoon up the bucks each month to do absolutely zilch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tabs and newline characters are OP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can not think of another game that pays attention to feedback like this game. How deluded is that OF poster.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I don't know what's funnier, the passive aggression or the fact that they could have shut it down any time they wanted but chose to wait for the F2P launch.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Well, he's not wrong about the FFXIV Defence Brigade showing up at every opportunity. It was funny at first, but it got boring when it became predictable.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i am tim! posted:

Well, he's not wrong about the FFXIV Defence Brigade showing up at every opportunity. It was funny at first, but it got boring when it became predictable.
We're just spreading the good news about our lord and savior Yoshi P. Although I guess it's kind of backwards because he crucified 1.0 for our sins.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I can not think of another game that pays attention to feedback like this game. How deluded is that OF poster.

They're literally adding an open world hellgrind with NM/HNMs for all the XI blowhards who wont shut the gently caress up about it, I wonder what new frontiers of whining will be unlocked after that goes live.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Boten Anna posted:

They're literally adding an open world hellgrind with NM/HNMs for all the XI blowhards who wont shut the gently caress up about it, I wonder what new frontiers of whining will be unlocked after that goes live.

To be fair, making it a side thing you can jump in and out of will probably make it more fun.

And thus hated by the XI fans.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Let me tell you all about the days of camping valkurm emperor for the non-EX hairpin against teleporting RMTers. Given how bad 14 seems to be with bots, I can't imagine how terrible it would be in this game.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

khy posted:

What is there if not?

I'm not sure What has happened here has been voted . I bet you they use Google translate and run in multiple languages ​​prior to shipping the product in English .

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Because they don't listen to him in particular and the small asylum of posters who want a game that will cause the overwhelming majority of current subs to leave. Rightfully so.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Male of the Century posted:

Maybe if there was some wacky feather armor it would make sense but Bisex models have a unique style that clashes with literally everything else.

I disagree.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Orabilis posted:

I'm not sure What has happened here has been voted . I bet you they use Google translate and run in multiple languages ​​prior to shipping the product in English .

Well, I speak Hindi, but I know English has some really strong Germanic roots... Since Germany is geologically sort of between here and England, I bet that if I translate it to German and then translate it to English it will be much smoother and more natural!

Eng->Hindi->German->Eng posted:

Now , I speak Hindi , but I kind of geographical between Germany and England is here, so English ... know some really strong European roots , I translated from German into English and then translate it , so it will be much easier and more natural state !

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 30, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is square ever going to think up more interesting raid mechanics that arent "pass the debuff" because its getting old, especially with how finnicky the netcode can be if you don't like. live right next to the servers.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Boss calls out for Rock Paper Scisors, everyone has to stand on one of three platforms, loser platform big debuff, tie platform nothing, winner platform big buff - Japanese would go nuts

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So is square ever going to think up more interesting raid mechanics that arent "pass the debuff" because its getting old, especially with how finnicky the netcode can be if you don't like. live right next to the servers.

Divebombs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe they'll do a bullet hell version of the marching AoE field NPCs like the final boss of Qarn HM and SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED guy have.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Debuffs are Alex's divebombs. Please look forward to each set of 4 encounters having at least 1 usage of it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you guys weren't so casual about this you'd be living in Tokyo or Montreal or London right now :colbert:

For reals though, getting screwed by the netcode is annoying enough in normal content, I'm sure it's a load of bollocks when you do everything right in savage and then nothing happens when you want to take that tether. I hope they figure out something better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well, divebombs went:

--Intended solution is hard, but it got cheesed (T5)
--Formalizing the cheese solution so its the only method (T9)
--Forcing you to do the original intended solution (T13)

I'm not raiding at that level, but isn't the red/blue mechanic in A4S in the T5 spot, except that the cheese is harder to pull off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Sentient Data posted:

Well, I speak Hindi, but I know English has some really strong Germanic roots... Since Germany is geologically sort of between here and England, I bet that if I translate it to German and then translate it to English it will be much smoother and more natural!

Generally, the point of natural language is to deploy this situation that is an altogether more difficult area. Uneson defines its project thus: The first of the greater program known as Deconstruction. And by uttering its name at this point do we know when the Language is recognised for what it is not a Conceptual ideology. The text from some underlying, formal semantic representation is an altogether more difficult area. What is surprising in that?

Truga posted:

For reals though, getting screwed by the netcode is annoying enough in normal content, I'm sure it's a load of bollocks when you do everything right in savage and then nothing happens when you want to take that tether. I hope they figure out something better.

If we modified the only "start moving" packets, the server can adjust to think you have individuals with spikes that in all areas with a low update rate. Therefore, applying data from that in regards to battle mechanics will help some. I know that with regards to handling movement in FFXIV: ARR, this is too much data being transferred (except most north coast players, who have no trouble with combat). The faster one receives AoE latency, the better handling of characters for the east coast player.

If we appropriate time for the server, the other can comfortably handle info that more packet loss. Their method of handling movement before a few milliseconds involves positions and a constant partial server experience.

• Locked thread