Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Ski Safari 2 is out on the Play Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Kheldarn posted:

There's one Offical Pokémon game: Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, a phone version of the 3DS game. It has IAP, but they can be ignored.

Beyond that, there's nothing official yet. Pokémon Go will be coming out next year. Back in March, Nintendo announced they were teaming up with DeNA to make mobile games, with all existing Nintendo IPs included in the deal, so that might also bring a Pokémon game.

Pokemon Shuffle was fairly neat for a while but there are some BS levels in there that seem designed to make you use IAP to get through them.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Knightmare posted:

Pokemon Shuffle was fairly neat for a while but there are some BS levels in there that seem designed to make you use IAP to get through them.

Yeah, it's pretty shamelessly demanding you spend mommy and daddy's money. Very iap-Heavy.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

gently caress. Yes.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Why does it look worse than 1? It looks like some hobbyist's 1999 Macromedia Flash project.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Monohydrate posted:

Why does it look worse than 1? It looks like some hobbyist's 1999 Macromedia Flash project.

Well to be fair it's always looked like that, it seems they just made the focus on the art style more prominent.

hooah posted:

It also appears to be made by a different developer, at least going by the names.

According to the credits its the same team, different publisher for the first one.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 30, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It also appears to be made by a different developer, at least going by the names.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Well to be fair it's always looked like that, it seems they just made the focus on the art style more prominent.

According to the credits its the same team, different publisher for the first one.

It's really zoomed in, too. I don't like this one. :(

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Monohydrate posted:

It's really zoomed in, too. I don't like this one. :(

I was so excited and then I played it and honestly I'm not happy with it

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, there's something off about this one.

I mean it's definitely playable and there fun to be had but it just feels different compared to the original and even Ski Safari Adventure Time. Its also not as smooth as I expected it to be on my phone.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 30, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Need For Speed out, Need For Speed: No Limits, developed by the Real Racing people. Um, Snoop is in it?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Need For Speed out, Need For Speed: No Limits, developed by the Real Racing people. Um, Snoop is in it?

Are we going to take bets on how many actual limits there are in NFS: No Limits?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Anyone here play Bloons Monkey City? I've been playing the stupid thing enough that I probably should take advantage of whatever stupid social bonus I can get.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Are we going to take bets on how many actual limits there are in NFS: No Limits?
You had better hope there are no limits on your credit card.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
2 premium currencies and damage repair payments and regular currency grinds and roulettes for car parts. There's no limit.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Dodoman posted:

2 premium currencies and damage repair payments and regular currency grinds and roulettes for car parts. There's no limit.

Is damage the stamina system?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

EzEight posted:

No there's fuel for that.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

EzEight posted:

Your car can get banged up during races but I don't think you actually have to repair anything like in Real Racing 3. However entering races cost fuel.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

does snoop's car run on, uhh, cellulosic fuel? :weed:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Yeah, Kill Me Again is a surprising amount of fun. Puzzle and Dragons, but weapons and armor instead of monsters. Zombies are constantly walking/running/scurrying towards you, and you make as many matches as you can using the PAD orb system, and "hold" the match until the zombie is next to you, preferable up until he is about to attack, where you can let go and get a critical hit. Matching 4 or more gets you special orbs that have you back away or heal or swing your sword forward. No paywalls yet.

I thought I'd give this a try, and it does quite a good job of instilling a sense of urgency when matching to make it different enough for P&D for it to hold my attention.

Anybody pulled the trigger on a guild yet?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So I just bought Sproggiwood, and wow it's fantastic. There was another game in the thread that was mentioned around the same time, and is similar, but I can't find it. Anyone refresh my memory?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

So I just bought Sproggiwood, and wow it's fantastic. There was another game in the thread that was mentioned around the same time, and is similar, but I can't find it. Anyone refresh my memory?

I have no clue what was mentioned in the thread but Hoplite is a great little bite-sized tactical mobile roguelike that comes from the same headspace. WazHack, Pixel Dungeons, 868-Hack are other popular ones.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Unormal posted:

I have no clue what was mentioned in the thread but Hoplite is a great little bite-sized tactical mobile roguelike that comes from the same headspace. WazHack, Pixel Dungeons, 868-Hack are other popular ones.

I've already got Pixel Dungeon and Hoplite, but it's neither of them. I'll search the thread and see if I can find it.\

Found it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QCFDesign.DesktopDungeonsMobile&hl=en

Desktop Dungeons.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 30, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
80 Days just received its big new content update that adds 30 new cities and over 150k words of new story.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

I've already got Pixel Dungeon and Hoplite, but it's neither of them. I'll search the thread and see if I can find it.\

Found it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QCFDesign.DesktopDungeonsMobile&hl=en

Desktop Dungeons.

Yes I love Desktop Dungeons too. Cardinal Quest 2 is also a great, free, bite sized roguelike.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

mrkillboy posted:

80 Days just received its big new content update that adds 30 new cities and over 150k words of new story.

How demanding is 80 days? I've got a new iphone and an old android tablet. I'd rather play on the big tablet, but not if it's going to run like poo poo.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, totally skipped my mind; Desktop Dungeons is great.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Meatwave posted:

How demanding is 80 days? I've got a new iphone and an old android tablet. I'd rather play on the big tablet, but not if it's going to run like poo poo.

I get the feeling it would run fine on a toaster. There's hardly anything taxing on it, just might have slightly longer load times when opening the app.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
In my experience the game has been a bit of a battery hog through.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

80 Days also launched on Steam yesterday, in case anyone cares:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/381780

It costs 10bux but maybe it has some extras that the mobile version doesn't? vOv

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Will Sproggiwood be on sale through Friday?

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010

FadedReality posted:

Will Sproggiwood be on sale through Friday?

Evidently the sale will be running until Monday.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

bought srpggiewood.. it better be good my $5 of surveybux is a big spend.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I have been loving Sproggiwood so far, and I would consider myself mostly burnt out on roguelikes. Normal isn't so hard that I have to think too much about it so I can chill with it, might try savage once I get through it. Aside from that, I think I might build back up to 5$ and see if I can use that for pandora one, as they say it charges through google play.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm considering getting Sproggiwood. What's the, uh, between-gameplay like? From reading the description, is there some sort of town that you're growing between runs? The roguelikes that bore me the quickest are the ones where, if you die, you're back to square one and have no sort of 'progress' to make, either to make yourself stronger, or build up some sort of settlement, or whatever.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I'm considering getting Sproggiwood. What's the, uh, between-gameplay like? From reading the description, is there some sort of town that you're growing between runs? The roguelikes that bore me the quickest are the ones where, if you die, you're back to square one and have no sort of 'progress' to make, either to make yourself stronger, or build up some sort of settlement, or whatever.

Sproggiwood lets you collect different types of gear, which gives you different abilities and special attacks. I think there are also different playable classes. I've only played it for a couple hours but the variety was pretty fun; the differences is class and gear let you experiment with different strategies, or let you replay old levels in a kind of "challenge mode".

e:

Also, I feel like Sproggiwood has a clearer design than a lot of other roguelikes: each area introduces new hazards in a more gradual and logical way than the crusty neckbeard ones. So when you die, you usually know why and will have an idea of something new to try out next time. And the game is segmented, so if you die on the 3rd mission you don't have to replay the first two to get back to where you left off. This makes the game overall less complex than some of the grande olde roguelikes, but I'm definitely OK with not every game needing to be as huge as Nethack or Crawl.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 30, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Sproggiwood lets you collect different types of gear, which gives you different abilities and special attacks. I think there are also different playable classes. I've only played it for a couple hours but the variety was pretty fun; the differences is class and gear let you experiment with different strategies, or let you replay old levels in a kind of "challenge mode".

Yeah, it's really a '# of areas times # of classes' sort of deal, so you can eventually play through all of the areas as all of the classes, it's not like you have to start and finish the game all the way with one class. I definitely appreciate being able to pick and choose what level and what class each time.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
In Sprog, is there any befit to building the village? Like besides just getting the upgrades and the buildings to get the new classes.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

In Sprog, is there any befit to building the village? Like besides just getting the upgrades and the buildings to get the new classes.

No, you can ignore the actual building part if you're not into it, it's aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a fun turn based party RPG along the lines of Wizardry or Might & Magic?