Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bedlamdan posted:

Because right now their adaptations are "useful to humans"

I've seen plenty of dogs around, but I ain't seen no dinosaurs. I think the dogs got the right idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Covok posted:

I've seen plenty of dogs around, but I ain't seen no dinosaurs. I think the dogs got the right idea.

Can't argue with that, I guess :colbert:

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Esser-Z posted:

That's one thing I never understood about furries. Why would you pretend to be a dog when you could be something like a badass dinosaur?

Scalies 4 life.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm vaguely reminded of the Garou and their habit of scorning dogs for turning their back on the wolf and also wondering how it is that they're nearly extinct.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Bedlamdan posted:

Because right now their adaptations are "useful to humans"

Well Lunars would do well to learn the "Useful to Solars" trait. So dog's got the rough idea right!

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Covok posted:

Dinosaurs never left us, they just adapted. In the same way as dogs, really.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So Exalted thread, is it a bad idea to use purified vitriol to make armaments for people on Creation? Like, are they gonna become corrupted or some poo poo, or can I just hand out demonically reinforced iron and bronze armaments willy nilly?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Dinosaurs never left us, they just adapted. In the same way as dogs, really.

True, true, but, you have to ask yourself, who got the better deal? Dogs or chickens?

Also, is there any chance the inevitable Lunar 3E will have a good, core concept behind what a Lunar should be? According to my friend, they lack one. I'm not well-versed in Exalted lore so take my statement as you will.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Pure Vitriol is a motherfucker to get because you either have to scavenge in Hell, spend a shitton of time and money refining it, or deal with Vitriol Elementals that would just as soon eat your face as talk to you. On top of that, it aggressively dissolves even the tiniest imperfections, so unless the treated gear is already pretty drat close, it's just gonna wreck whatever you're working on. Not that this at all precludes your idea, but getting this kind of setup in the first place would be a pretty drat difficult and ambitious project.

Of course, that's exactly what Twilights are made for in the first place.

e:

Covok posted:

True, true, but, you have to ask yourself, who got the better deal? Dogs or chickens?

Depends - both are often used as food or fighting animals as well as pets :smith:

Covok posted:

Also, is there any chance the inevitable Lunar 3E will have a good, core concept behind what a Lunar should be? According to my friend, they lack one. I'm not well-versed in Exalted lore so take my statement as you will.

From what we've seen, the writers are walking a razor-thin line between Forever Warriors waging eternal insurrection against the Realm and its Sidereal puppetmasters and cringeworthy oWerewolf exploitation drama. That said there's at least the seed of a good idea and I really like "becoming the things you fight" as both the literal and figurative moral hazard for the splat, and the tone of 3E Lunars being Metal Gear Solid as gently caress.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 29, 2015

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Covok posted:

It certainly sounds like they have more solid themes? They form blocs of opposition to the Realm and support independent nations. Oftentimes they don't even need to do much to get the Threshold regions allying with them against the DBs, beyond mentioning the actual things the Realm does to its satrapies.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
It's now a theme but it's hilarious how after an edition of "Lunars were dumb because they're just civilisation hating barbarians", the new Lunars are civilisation hating barbarians*. And also "god monsters", whatever that means.

*I know, I know, it's a specific civilisation they hate and the logic is a legion needs roads and sanitation whereas an army of feral boarfinches doesn't, but it's still somewhat ironic.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

SunAndSpring posted:

So Exalted thread, is it a bad idea to use purified vitriol to make armaments for people on Creation? Like, are they gonna become corrupted or some poo poo, or can I just hand out demonically reinforced iron and bronze armaments willy nilly?

It might be a bad idea, but it's more an economic and ecological hazard than a moral one. Don't spill the vitriol and mind how you dispose of and/or recycle the slag.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

spectralent posted:

It's now a theme but it's hilarious how after an edition of "Lunars were dumb because they're just civilisation hating barbarians", the new Lunars are civilisation hating barbarians*. And also "god monsters", whatever that means.

*I know, I know, it's a specific civilisation they hate and the logic is a legion needs roads and sanitation whereas an army of feral boarfinches doesn't, but it's still somewhat ironic.

It really depends on how they interact with civilizations that are not the Realm. That's the important part.

Certainly, they hate the Realm's idea of civilization, but honestly being the thematic manifestation of Alaric sacking Rome sounds neato.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

It might be a bad idea, but it's more an economic and ecological hazard than a moral one. Don't spill the vitriol and mind how you dispose of and/or recycle the slag.

Will throwing the horrible nuclear Hell waste into a shadowland make it worse?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It will dissolve the earth and probably turn the attunement of the land demonic.....so if your an Infernal it's a great idea.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

SunAndSpring posted:

So Exalted thread, is it a bad idea to use purified vitriol to make armaments for people on Creation?

I know what you're talking about, but regardless I still had brief mental image of a Solar swearing furiously at an anvil, casting a Charm, and then grabbing the swearwords out of the air, slamming that poo poo around with a hammer, and forging himself the Cussblade of the Gods.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

SunAndSpring posted:

Ask your GM, but with tongs, and from behind lead shielding

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

SunAndSpring posted:

Is an angry ghost worse than a regular ghost?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I have Ghost-Eating Technique so I guess the angry ghost will just have to deal with it

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

A hungry ghost is worse than any other ghost, aside from a nephwrack.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Would anyone be up for a RollD20 Exalted game?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

What time and day, bud?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

What time and day, bud?

Friday, Sat, or Sun at 7CST to 10 or 11

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Covok posted:

Well you heard Bedlam... they should be "Useful to Solars."

That has, historically, worked out incredibly well in the setting, after all.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Friday, Sat, or Sun at 7CST to 10 or 11

Can do Friday and Saturday, but I got another Exalted session on Sunday.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nessus posted:

Well you heard Bedlam... they should be "Useful to Solars."

That has, historically, worked out incredibly well in the setting, after all.

That was Fans :mad:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Bedlamdan posted:

That was Fans :mad:

Lies, it was you wearing my face you shapeshifting Silver bastard.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Can do Friday and Saturday, but I got another Exalted session on Sunday.

Cool, might make a thread or something to see if I can get more people.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

What happened to the other game? We had sheets and everything! :argh:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm looking at Brawl charms and I saw Fivefold Fury Onslaught and my mind was loving blown. Am I missing some flaw or can you really throw up to 6 attacks that will get progressively stronger? Holy poo poo

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm looking at Brawl charms and I saw Fivefold Fury Onslaught and my mind was loving blown. Am I missing some flaw or can you really throw up to 6 attacks that will get progressively stronger? Holy poo poo

Welcome to why the universally accepted best strategy for Brawl is 'round 1, pay the motes and WP and chuck out a multiattack regardless of init, just fuckin' do it'. For bonus points, this also gives you a maxed out excellency on the cheap (via Wind and Stones Defense) and tons of extra damage (via Ferocious Jab), as well as forcing the target to spend motes on onslaught negators on every attack or die. Literally regardless of your build, a supernal Brawler should start with FFO and Ferocious Jab.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Transient People posted:

Welcome to why the universally accepted best strategy for Brawl is 'round 1, pay the motes and WP and chuck out a multiattack regardless of init, just fuckin' do it'. For bonus points, this also gives you a maxed out excellency on the cheap (via Wind and Stones Defense) and tons of extra damage (via Ferocious Jab), as well as forcing the target to spend motes on onslaught negators on every attack or die. Literally regardless of your build, a supernal Brawler should start with FFO and Ferocious Jab.
So was the purpose for Brawl/Martial Arts split so that people could do martial arts whatever, while Brawl was for people wanting to be Jotaro at all times?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Transient People posted:

My mind's telling me no, but my inner munchkin is telling me yesssssss

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Echo Cian posted:

What happened to the other game? We had sheets and everything! :argh:

My grandfather died and my entire interest or even me remembering that I was running a game slipped from my mind completely

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NutritiousSnack posted:

On one hand, I'm up till 4am at the weekend anyway, and I want to play Exalted. On the other hand, I'd need to actually read the leak and gently caress that.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

Cool, might make a thread or something to see if I can get more people.

I wanna try too

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Nessus posted:

So was the purpose for Brawl/Martial Arts split so that people could do martial arts whatever, while Brawl was for people wanting to be Jotaro at all times?

Pretty much. Brawl makes you some combo of Jotaro and a classic BMU character (like say, Axel from Streets of Rage). Just machinegun fist fuckers all the time and occasionally go for a grab that knocks them the gently caress out.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Transient People posted:

Pretty much. Brawl makes you some combo of Jotaro and a classic BMU character (like say, Axel from Streets of Rage). Just machinegun fist fuckers all the time and occasionally go for a grab that knocks them the gently caress out.

My go-to mental reference for Solar Brawl is Gene from Clover/Platinum's God Hand.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
That Brawl multiattack charm really needs to be 1/scene with a reset condition or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So if I've got Martial Arts do I attack with that or Brawl if I'm going unarmed?

• Locked thread