Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hadn't listened to Cabana's podcast in a while, so I downloaded a few to listen to at work, and one thing I've noticed is that if a guy gets fired from WWE and still has a good attitude about his experience (for example Brian Myers), Colt seems to be somewhat annoyed that they don't have the same bitterness that he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

getting called a kike at your dream job will do that to a man

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well his inspiration WAS marc maron

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dave ripping the divas again was amazing. Especially the bit about "leveque" being so arrogant about how Ronda 'got over' and that they shouldn't go down the same route.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Is it actually pronounced like that or is it just a weird Dave thing?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i always thought it was "levesque" until i heard cm punk tell triple h "THIS IS PHIL BROOKS TALKING TO PAUL LEVECK" in a bad promo during that bad feud

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah it's one of those weird French name

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah dave and punk pronounced it correctly. the s is silent

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Reminder that when WCW hired him they wanted him to work a snooty Frenchman gimmick and speak French in promos thinking he was Canadian.

He is not Canadian nor does he speak French.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah dave and punk pronounced it correctly. the s is silent

I'm french and I now just realized that l(')evesque is an old writing for "l'évêque" (the bishop).

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

"If Ronda's finisher is that effective, don't you think other people would be using it? They're protecting her and it's genius!" -Kevin Sullivan, 2015

Does Kevin Sullivan actually watch UFC at all cause there's been a bunch of armbar finishes in 2015, just like there are every year

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Does Kevin Sullivan actually watch UFC at all cause there's been a bunch of armbar finishes in 2015, just like there are every year

No, senile old man rambles about senile old man things is the name of the game with that podcast

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Is Sullivan the one that thinks the Super Bowl is a work

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Mia Yim on WOL saying she was 'an advocate of domestic violence or whatever' got a laugh out of me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Luigi Thirty posted:

Reminder that when WCW hired him they wanted him to work a snooty Frenchman gimmick and speak French in promos thinking he was Canadian.

He is not Canadian nor does he speak French.

Still would've been a better gimmick than Terra Ryzing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Lmao I need to hear this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Of course the perpetrator of one of the major conspiracies of our time sees conspiracies everywhere he looks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spermgod posted:

Yes, he thinks sports leagues are a work and that riding through Italian neighborhoods and calling the Italians wops while they call you micks just a thing that happens because you grew up in 1960s Boston

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yes, he thinks sports leagues are a work and that riding through Italian neighborhoods and calling the Italians wops while they call you micks just a thing that happens because you grew up in 1960s Boston

To be fair that sounds like 2015 Boston too.

I don't know how any of you can get through Sullivan's podcast - I tried and I can't understand anything he says due to his accent and the fact that he always sounds half-asleep.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i've listened to it a couple times and i don't believe half of what he says

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bryan doesn't know what a Napoleon complex is, in our latest installment of wrestlingbubble.txt

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The more Bryan says the more it appears he's an idiot than the wrestling bubble though the fact he's in it doesn't help

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sometimes vinny gets really mad about his job despite the fact that that job is literally to watch a few hours of wrestling a week, take notes about it and then read those notes on a podcast

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

sometimes vinny gets really mad about his job despite the fact that that job is literally to watch a few hours of wrestling a week, take notes about it and then read those notes on a podcast

Yeah but Bryan is his boss, let's not act like Vinnie isn't suffering some.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Cardboard Box posted:

He fast forwards through the entrances too. And occasionally misses stuff because of it. What a pro.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Benne posted:

Bryan doesn't know what a Napoleon complex is, in our latest installment of wrestlingbubble.txt

that was the joke

because Bryan is also a very angry small man

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 30, 2015

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Cardboard Box posted:

He also has to make a long drive to/from Bryan's house 3x per week. He's got a day job as a writer and between the two it sounds like he's barely scraping by, so I don't think he's getting rich from this gig.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
is there any reason that he has to be there in person rather than skyping in other than bryan would have no clue how to record skype

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Christ, I can't image the low levels of shitgiving Vinny would be at if he was just at home by himself via Skype.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He's so freaking bad on the phone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

is there any reason that he has to be there in person rather than skyping in other than bryan would have no clue how to record skype

Vinny doesn't get nearly as mad at Bryan over the phone, it's boring.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

If Vinny were on Skype we would be deprived of him describing what Bryan is doing when he's messing with things in the studio.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Like how much can VInny be making off this gig. I cant imagine it being enough to have to watch RAW every week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm sure it is not Hunting and Fishing magazine levels of income.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I think Bryan might be the only one to not notice that Xavier Woods was playing Cena's theme on the trombone. I knew what he was playing immediately.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Does Vinny still do football columns for espn.com?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Benne posted:

Benne doesn't know what feigned ignorance is, in our latest installment of autismbubble.txt

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

dsriggs posted:

Does Vinny still do football columns for espn.com?

Yep!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been listening to How2Wrestling and actually decided to contribute to their Patreon thinking sure I'll help out. Mostly because I wanted them to do the month by month ppv reviews. And now I'm pleasantly surprised that they've made it to their $1000 goal. Anyone else paying them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JR's interview with Ethan Carter is useless and has all the hallmarks of a poo poo JR podcast - whining about selling and 'doing too many spots', blatantly glossing over TNA's issues, and his ghastly Jim Barnett and Stu Hart impressions.

The only remotely fun part of the podcast is where JR talks about TNA being late on pay and using that to segue to a sponsor plug for some bank giving out low-risk loans.

• Locked thread