Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

He drops the Bouquet Rose, which can be traded to the collector in Kalm for loving nothing.

It plays a 30 second 240p clip of their wedding ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
After destroying sephiroth, Cloud and Barret go to paris

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The White Dragon posted:

He drops the Bouquet Rose, which can be traded to the collector in Kalm for loving nothing.

Actually, if you place the Bouquet Rose on the table found in a hidden island only approachable by golden chocobo, Lightning returns and you get to play game within a game, Lightning Returns which they added in as an easter egg, SOTN-style.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Aurain posted:

It's a game that thought "huh, so Dragon types are kind of overpowered, instead of fixing the type with a natural strength against it but is useless because it has awful weaknesses and the monsters of its type have poor stat distribution, we'll just add a new type entirely and leave that type broken." It's kind of far from perfect.

The thing, though, is that Fairy-type is also really broken and will also probably outnumber Dragon-types by Gen VII, so it's all rad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

bloodychill posted:

Actually, if you place the Bouquet Rose on the table found in a hidden island only approachable by golden chocobo, Lightning returns and you get to play game within a game, Lightning Returns which they added in as an easter egg, SOTN-style.

But on the PC version, there's a delay of five years real-time until it actually unlocks.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I thought capturing 10 of every enemy for the monster arena was grindy. I had no idea.

Compared to completely filling everyone's sphere grid, completing all those captures is a brief and enjoyable moment of distraction.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fronz posted:

did you find out the answer to this

No and I'm crying

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Crimson Harvest posted:

I thought capturing 10 of every enemy for the monster arena was grindy. I had no idea.

Compared to completely filling everyone's sphere grid, completing all those captures is a brief and enjoyable moment of distraction.

maybe do something fun instead

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

maybe do something fun instead

This. I would take back all my life hours grinding FFX's inane endgame, which I got so tired with by the time that I finished that I just Zantsuteken'd Penance.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

bloodychill posted:

This. I would take back all my life hours grinding FFX's inane endgame, which I got so tired with by the time that I finished that I just Zantsuteken'd Penance.

Did the same thing. Didn't have the heart for it. Last trophy was that stupid Remiem Temple race too and I just wanted to get it over with at that point.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I haven't exactly been keeping up on FFXV, but:

quote:

In a recent post in the official Final Fantasy XV forum, game director Hajime Tabata has has confirmed that the automatic system from the Episode Duscae demo has been removed for the final product of the game.

Originally, the automatic system consisted of different attacks in a combo or outside of a combo with each attack using a different weapon e.g. Crush -> Ravage -> Vanquish with the weapons Avenger, Blood Sword & Wyvern Lance respectively.

Replacing the old design is a system that enables players to freely switch weapons at any time during attacks. Each of the weapons equipped can be changed in real time using the up, down, left & right directional buttons on the game controller. Tabata notes that this is “normal” in a continuous attack. It also prevents weapons from being automatically changed in the unintended timing. This also opens up to opportunities of creating combinations of real time weapon switching. In short, players can perform continuous attacks with a different weapon on the fly.

Additionally, for the ‘counter’ attack & jump attack, those attacks will be executed based on the weapon currently being hold but players can set a specific weapon to use for those attacks in the customization menu of the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That sounds a lot more interesting, sweet

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ugh, that sounds like a lot more work.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

literally noone is going to care if you platinum trophy ffx, it is ok to let it go

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

literally noone is going to care if you platinum trophy ffx, it is ok to let it go

I care if he spends his free time grinding the gently caress outta FFX.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure to also platinum X-2

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There's an option to auto-change to a preferred weapon for some parts of the combos, like before.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hey i noticed Type 0 was on Steam, is it a decent port?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mandatory lesbian posted:

hey i noticed Type 0 was on Steam, is it a decent port?

I think they fixed the camera? so maybe.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think they fixed the camera? so maybe.

Are you talking about the absurd motion blur? It should be fixed in both versions, now. I don't think it was ever a problem with the PC port but I also never touched the PC port, I just know the PS4 patch for the blur came out a little before the PC version itself did.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Aw man this sounds AWESOME and vaguely more platinum-y. Cannot wait for this game to come out, especially if they're considering doing a similar combat style for the ffvii remake.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Good, very good. This is exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they set the motion priority properly so you can animation cancel after an attack has been executed. Also I still want to see Noctis use guns.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Xad posted:

Cannot wait for this game to come out

it's still really funny to me how people have been saying this for a decade now, and are still going to be saying it years from now.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Attitude Indicator posted:

it's still really funny to me how people have been saying this for a decade now, and are still going to be saying it years from now.

The game's coming out next year, but I am sure that we'll all still be waiting for it after its release date because we're just so used to it at this point.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Attitude Indicator posted:

Even if the game comes out we will still be waiting for the game to come out

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
After 15's interminable development we can get spooled up to wait for FF7 remake. I'm sure that'll last until our great grandchildren are born.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No one in this thread will have great grandchildren

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah well the earth will be unlivable by then so it would be irresponsible to

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

they could be sperm donors you don't know

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

epitasis posted:

yeah well the earth will be unlivable by then so it would be irresponsible to

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I'd settle for a good one

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

#BarretWasRight

Also, I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would put quite a bit of money on FF7 remake being canceled two/three years from now. Something something, market not viable anymore.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

they could be sperm donors you don't know

They don't allow you to donate if you post in this or the Vita thread

I mean I don't know for sure it's just something I heard

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I expect that the business case for FF7R is entirely hubris fueled and they fully expect the US dev houses' projects to fund it by the bottom line.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
square never outright cancels a thing. they recycle the extremely expensive assets and stuff and just remake it into something else later.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

#BarretWasRight

Also, I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would put quite a bit of money on FF7 remake being canceled two/three years from now. Something something, market not viable anymore.

Best case scenario.

If you disagree, go read TheDarkId's LP of Dirge of Cerberus. Why anyone trusts Square to do anything good with the FF7 world baffles me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You're right, we should just kill everyone and ourselves because hope is dumb, there's no point

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tae posted:

You're right, we should just kill everyone and ourselves because Hope is dumb, there's no point

But he gives us hope!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because Square made a really good PSP game that was based on Zack, a character who had very little in the way of back story or a third dimension, but whose existence leaves a large impact on FF7. They expanded upon his story in a meaningful way and even though some changes would've been better to not be made (Genesis, the continual canonizing of Dirge of Cerberus, etc.), it did more good than bad and created an actual interesting back story that doesn't feel shoehorned for the most part and natural for the character. It can get pretty hammy and dorky, but at the end of the day that's more of what FF7 needed, not dumb broody poo poo like the other FF7 stuff provided.

I mean it's cool to be a cynical rear end in a top hat, I and plenty of goons indulge in that often, but as bad as some of the FF7 stuff was, it also brought some good stuff. I'm totally willing to give Square the benefit of the doubt because they seem to be learning from their mistakes and it's worth at least seeing if they can pull off a good remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

You're right, we should just kill everyone and ourselves because hope is dumb, there's no point

This too